2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

If the Avalanche can take Calgary's playoff spot, which seemed more or less impossible a month ago, I will be the happiest man in the world.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...oh, you mean like being the first ever first year team to win a Stanley Cup?

Nope, never happen.

Your first year in Denver was 1995. Your first season in Denver was 1995/1996. No, you didn't win the Stanley Cup your first year in Denver, just your first season. My bad. :rolleyes:

A fairytale has never happened to a team I support.

You support the Colorado Avalanche. And a fairytale happened to them.

Either way.

Tootoo gets suspended for five games, aboput right, but Madano deserved at least a game for the tommohawk he took on Tootoo. That that went unpunished is fairly retarded.

A fairytale has never happened to a team I support.

You support the Colorado Avalanche. And a fairytale happened to them.

Either way.

Tootoo gets suspended for five games, aboput right, but Madano deserved at least a game for the tommohawk he took on Tootoo. That that went unpunished is fairly retarded.

Nah, Tootoo launched a forearm shiver, which while in the context of the game, is still highly illegal. He was punished because of the injury caused; if that hit draws no blood, Tootoo gets a game or two. But Modanno did something you should never do, which is swing his stick like a claymore at the throat of an opponent. That shit must be dealt with.

The league is doing the wrong thing for the wrong reasons. I guess you can argue that by giving long suspensions it should serve as some kind of deterrent but there's no evidence to support that. Either way, you can't fault them for trying to protect their reputation.

The Tootoo suspension was right, in my mind. Although it was brutal, it was not a cheap shot from behind and it wasn't like the Simon incident, where Simon used his stick as a weapon.

And Modano don't need no suspension. He answers to no man. He is a Texas Ranger.

Well, yeah. It's a Misawa special, and with the armor players wear on their forearms to avoid the big slash, it's no suprise he got KTFOed.