2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really insane.

Insane is how long it takes to load NHL.com. >_>

The Tampa Bay Lightning have three players who average more time on ice then Iginla (whose offical average time on ice per game is listed at 21:58), with St. Louis (24:15), Brad Richards(24:01), and Lecavalry(22:33) all pulling more time per game. Rod Brind'Amour(23:25), since he's a two way guy who plays in all situations, does it too. And, from another one-player team, Jaromir Jagr(22:05) is ahead of him too. Hell, there are over 30 NHL forwards who play more then 20 minutes average per game, so it's not THAT unheard of, and in a salary cap world, is going to become downright commonplace.

Tampa defeats Calgary. Tampa's powerplay setup is so bizarre, with four forwards, Martin St. Louis and Brad Richards playing the point with Dan Boyle playing at the side of the net, but then again Dan Boyle got the game winner so.

It's not really insane.

Insane is how long it takes to load NHL.com. >_>

The Tampa Bay Lightning have three players who average more time on ice then Iginla (whose offical average time on ice per game is listed at 21:58), with St. Louis (24:15), Brad Richards(24:01), and Lecavalry(22:33) all pulling more time per game. Rod Brind'Amour(23:25), since he's a two way guy who plays in all situations, does it too. And, from another one-player team, Jaromir Jagr(22:05) is ahead of him too. Hell, there are over 30 NHL forwards who play more then 20 minutes average per game, so it's not THAT unheard of, and in a salary cap world, is going to become downright commonplace.

David Koci has arrived!

PNJ10203110326.jpg

My new favourite player. He is a monster. 6'6" 238lbs Czech defenseman filling in on injured James Wisniewski. The Hawks have been needing toughness desperately - Koci leads AHL in penalties despite only having played 39 games. And what an impact he's already made with the Hawks.

2:52	48	D. KOCI		5:00	Fighting (maj)

9:30	48	D. KOCI		2:00	Roughing

15:04	48	D. KOCI		5:00	Fighting (maj)

42:50	48	D. KOCI		5:00	Charging (maj)

42:50	48	D. KOCI		10:00	Game misconduct

42:50	48	D. KOCI		5:00	Fighting (maj)

42:50	48	D. KOCI		10:00	Game misconduct

One blocked shot, big hits, three fights and 42 PIM's with just 2:31 of ice time in his NHL debut. And the Hawks win 7-5. Just what the team needed.

Koci vs Josh Gratton Round 1

Koci vs Josh Gratton Round 2

He has to stay up even after the West coast road trip. Who wouldn't want to see Koci play?

You can't even compare the Simon slash to the Janssen hit. The Janssen hit was clean, just late. Didn't even deserve a suspension, in my opinion. However, Simon used his stick as a weapon and there was intent to injure. 25 games seems about right.

The problem is that if Simon's swinging stick had been an inch lower, that could have collapsed Hollweg's throat, and if it was a little higher then Hollweg could be missing his eyes. The hit on Kaberle was a head hit and late, but it was not as awful as someone using a stick as a weapon.

Of course, this does not apply to the Emery thing. That shot to the face should have been a longer suspension, in my opinion.

A little thing called Firesale Mafia 2.

Yeah, I saw it now. And was interested.

...until I saw it was about the Detroit Red Wings, that is.

Ruki signed up, and Ruki hates the wings! And I bet Ruki is happy he did.