2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

Raycroft has been very streaky. Just two or three weeks ago he was playing really well. He has gone through some bad stretches and some good ones. This year has definitly been a huge improvement over the last one for him, though, without a doubt.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was such a dirty hit, Cam Jannsen just leveled Kabby so far behind the play. No call from the referee who was like 10 feet away. The Leafs, instead of getting violent, respond by coming back in the third period, and then winning in a pretty good shootout.

If Kaberle is hurt, it's a concussion. He was moving around and everything and was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

The game had an ugly moment in the second period when Toronto defenseman Tomas Kaberle had to be taken off the ice on a stretcher after being hit in the head by an apparent late hit by Devils tough guy Cam Janssen. A Maple Leafs official said he was alert in the locker room and was later taken to Hackensack University Medical Center for observation.
Edited by desiredtoe

I hate the Red Wings.

Like, really hate them. If my 9-year-old brother got raped by a 30-year-old pedophile while going to the mall, I'd still hate the rapist less than the motherfucking Red Wings. Unless of course he was a Red Wing fan. Then I'd super hate him.

Well If anything, Montreal and Toronto are going to duke it out for that last spot something fierce. At this point, as much as I hate to say it. I'm going to say Toronto 7th, Carolina or Islanders 8th Montreal 9th. Montreal just doesn't have what it takes. I don't know what was in the water the first 40 games, but it's gone. What I sorta wish is that when Montreal had their bad years from 96 or so till about 01 we never finished bad enough to get top picks in the league. Look at consistant loser teams like the Sens who for what like 5 years in a row had a top 3 pick? Well look at them in the last 8 years now. They won the Spezza Sweepstakes, they got Redden they basically drafted a lot of the quality they have on their team now. A few good trades aswell and you're a top team looking to make an extended post-season run every year. Pittsburgh is also another example of that. Montreal, who was riddled by bad management for most of the 90's by throwing away picks in trades or using them to draft french players who obviously wern't good enough is now seriously paying the price showing up empty on depth.

We've got some good talent comming up, obviously in Price, but I really can't wait to see how Josh Patrick, or Kyle Chipchura or Alexsei Emelin or Grabovski develop. I trust Bob. Bob is good. Don't irritate Bob.

I hate the Red Wings.

Like, really hate them. If my 9-year-old brother got raped by a 30-year-old pedophile while going to the mall, I'd still hate the rapist less than the motherfucking Red Wings. Unless of course he was a Red Wing fan. Then I'd super hate him.

Is it okay if I put this in my sig?

I suppose.

Hawks are 0-6 against the stupid Wings and I just realized the season series isn't even over yet. There's two more games. I've said it before, but as long as they are going to lose anyway, Tallon should recall Low, Koci or Fraser to at least make the Wings feel like they earned their points with some bruises. Or even Matt Keith or Adam Burish for some grit. It's so embarrassing to see a bunch of players wear the indian head with no heart and no pride.

So Janssen gets suspended for three games..and the real loser is: Ray Emery.

The hit itself? Maybe a game. Maybe. It wasn't THAT late at all, you don't get to count real-time seconds against a slow-motion replay and say its late. (I'm not referring to anything anyone here said necessarily, just putting my opinion out there)

It was definately worse than Emery's lovetap with his stick. Everybody's complaining that some people get suspended, others don't - and they want some consistency. First I'd like to see some consistency amongst those who DO get suspensions.

So Janssen gets suspended for three games..and the real loser is: Ray Emery.

The hit itself? Maybe a game. Maybe. It wasn't THAT late at all, you don't get to count real-time seconds against a slow-motion replay and say its late. (I'm not referring to anything anyone here said necessarily, just putting my opinion out there)

It was definately worse than Emery's lovetap with his stick. Everybody's complaining that some people get suspended, others don't - and they want some consistency. First I'd like to see some consistency amongst those who DO get suspensions.

Say, if the player on the receiving end of the hit goes off with an injury, that's a two-game penalty minimum

I disagree TOTALLY. A player shouldn't be suspended because other players are softcocks.

Yeah, if players are getting their shit ruined in a hit or fight and they get injured why should the other guy get suspended if it's a legal hit or a fight, I mean if Spezza and that murderer Heatly got hurt when they turtled like... softcocks when the Sabres pounced on them it was really just natural selection.

On the other hand, Anyone responsible for the organising of, or performing the act of hit retribution that takes place against players who did not perform the hit should be thrown out of the league indefinately. And the team should forfeit standings points.