2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

The deal the Penguins could have had in Kansas City, where I believe they would play in the building for next to nothing, was just too good and it seems almost retarded that the team didn't move when they did not get the Isle of Capri deal.

If I remember rightly, a) the KC Penguins would play in the Kansas City arena for nothing, they wouldn't have to pay rent for it and b) the Penguins not only play next season in the Mellon, but the season after that as well. And the only compensation they get for it is $10 million, either per year or in total, which I don't think offsets the losses they'd be taking from playing in the Mellon.

The new Pittsburgh arena is supposed to be completed, now, for the 2009/2010 season, meaning they're going to be playing 2007/2008 and 2008/2009 in Mellon anyway. And they're getting no compensation. And nothing they are doing will offset the losses the Mellon arena incures, even selling out every single home game for those 2 years. So, the KC deal is still better.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Leafs just were awful against the Capitals. I think they may have looked past them to tomorrow's game against Montreal.

At least Montreal lost, and the Rangers lost in overtime, meaning that Toronto remains in 9th and that they can still move up to 7th with a win tomorrow (depending on what Carolina and the Islanders do).

Montreal lost a game they really needed to win. It's too bad because the score really doesn't reflect the actual game. Montreal dominated the second half of the first and all of the second period making it a 3-3 game early in the third, but two really quick goals by the Penguins put us away.

Man the leafs got blown away last night well at least carolina lost and since my computer is slow and nhl.com is slower did pittsberg win agianst Montreal

Ah crap didnt get to see the post behind me lol

Edited by blaze1992

*does the "I back a Canadian team that will actually make the playoffs" dance*

Toronto doesn't even deserve the one point they salvaged tonight. The second half of the game was ridiculous. So many blatant missed calls against the Leafs. And on their second goal, as they went into the Montreal zone, they had 6 players on the ice. The two changing off wern't even within 10 feet of the bench when Kubina had jumped onto the ice. RDS flipped a shit over the fact that nobody called the too many men. There was also all the holding and clutching and hooking Toronto did in their own zone whenever Montreal set up. I knew that they were an undisciplined team when they get behind, they take a lot of penalties for no reason other than the fact that they're frustrated because of it, but Jesus, you've gotta be blind to miss those calls.

I did love how Tucker must have gotten run over at least 7 times in the game, a good 3 by Bouillon who's still teaching him the lesson not to throw dirty hits. I was suprised though, Sundin actually got called for I believe 2 penalties, usually the refs are so far up his ass their noses are covered in shit. Although the punch to the mask he gave Halak was yet another blatant missed call, but then again, Toronto did that a lot at faceoffs where the winger would just facewash a Hab.

Also, hitting a player who doesn't have the puck and is no longer part of the play is usually Interference no? Because it seemed like the slow lumbering Toronto blue line was going after players who didn't have or just have the puck. But I did enjoy the hitting parade from both sides. I'd say the big hits were dealt more by the Habs, but the Leafs probably had the Biggest hit.

Halak stones Tucker for the win, magnifique. Montreal hates that prick. At least Lapierre will drop 'em, Tucker's just a whiney shit-disturber. At least the other players in the league who do that as their job like Ruttu, Laraque and Avery... well Avery is a bad example, but at least they don't whine when someone pushes them around.

Fun game to watch, but should have ended 2-1 in regulation, if not a larger lead for Montreal based on the penalties Toronto should have taken.

Bouillon is in no position to teach anyone how not to play dirty, he who instigates fights with visor on face.

Basha, Montreal didn't even deserve a point in that game. Besides the first ten minutes we were all over you and the refs we easily biased on your side. Second game in a row a high stick is completely missed and the way our powerplay was going last night we probably would have scored during the four minutes. And the amount of hooks that stopped the Leafs from getting off good shots was just disgusting plus Mats was constantly being held behind the net and still no call. It was pathetic and it's even more pathetic you're bitching about it when your team gets an undeserved win.

And for our players not dropping the gloves...how bout that little shit Latendresse, first he rides Tucker around the boards until Kilger comes in to stop and Latendresse turtles again while Tucker and Boullin have a good fight. Then at the end of the period he hits White after the buzzer and when Whitey wants to fight him he once again hides behind a ref. It's not like Whites a big guy or anything...it just goes to show Montreal is still full of foreign and French pussies.

Basha, Montreal didn't even deserve a point in that game. Besides the first ten minutes we were all over you and the refs we easily biased on your side. Second game in a row a high stick is completely missed and the way our powerplay was going last night we probably would have scored during the four minutes. And the amount of hooks that stopped the Leafs from getting off good shots was just disgusting plus Mats was constantly being held behind the net and still no call. It was pathetic and it's even more pathetic you're bitching about it when your team gets an undeserved win.

And for our players not dropping the gloves...how bout that little shit Latendresse, first he rides Tucker around the boards until Kilger comes in to stop and Latendresse turtles again while Tucker and Boullin have a good fight. Then at the end of the period he hits White after the buzzer and when Whitey wants to fight him he once again hides behind a ref. It's not like Whites a big guy or anything...it just goes to show Montreal is still full of foreign and French pussies.

LOLZ at Clawson and Basha.

The Leafs did what they have done in the last 4 or 5 games, starting really flat and giving up the first goal. It has just been so frustrating to see the team start that way. I think the Canadiens played a better game, and the Leafs were simply lucky this time to get the point.

With the point, the Leafs remain in the thick of the playoff hunt, and the Canadiens are now tied. I am now hoping that the last game of the season between the Maple Leafs and Canadiens is for the last playoff spot. That would be an epic game. The fans in the building for last nights game were awesome, and I imagine that would be even bigger if the last playoff spot was on the line.

The only ref bitching I am doing right now is that I dislike inconsistancy. When they let them play a very physical game, I get a little frustrated because in other games we would see penalties. Then when they call it tight, it interrupts the flow of the play. I just want some consistant calls.

Edited by desiredtoe

I like how Basha suggests that with all the penalties Toronto should have given up, that Montreal should have won X-1, except Montreal suck and they wouldn't have scored on ANY of those penalties, just like Columbus's 20-odd game streak scoreless on the powerplay a few tears back. Except Columbus have cooler jerseys.

Edited by Plubby