2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Toronto. Every team we needed to lose tonight lost and we won our 7th in 8 games and now we're in 8th. The only bad thing is that Toronto stays within 2 points of us and can easily take our spot.

We basically need the Hurricanes to lose to the Flyers tomorrow. The Thrashers to beat the Leafs on Thursday, and then we need to extend our streak against the Sens on Friday... that's the best case scenario.

Somehow I don't see Montreal winning 8 of 9. Or the 'Canes losing to the Flyers.

Thank you Toronto. Every team we needed to lose tonight lost and we won our 7th in 8 games and now we're in 8th. The only bad thing is that Toronto stays within 2 points of us and can easily take our spot.

We basically need the Hurricanes to lose to the Flyers tomorrow. The Thrashers to beat the Leafs on Thursday, and then we need to extend our streak against the Sens on Friday... that's the best case scenario.

Somehow I don't see Montreal winning 8 of 9. Or the 'Canes losing to the Flyers.

The Hockey News Polls The NHLPA.

I found this gem courtesy the EHSL chat room. Some highlights.

(13:47:26) Cannibal: "Cam Janssen" got 1 vote for "What's the worst thing about your job?"

(13:52:10) SeanDMan: 12 people voted Shane Doan or Ed Jovanovski as most overated players. All Coyotes?

(13:52:32) DrLarryDoom: I already made a similar joke

(13:52:43) DrLarryDoom: [16:28:52]<DrLarryDoom> "Of the overrated question, Bryan McCabe and Brad Richards tied for second, though it's imoprtant to note, of the 16 votes cast for Richards, 14 came from the same Eastern Conference team."

(13:52:51) DrLarryDoom: [16:29:04] <adb> what do i knot now?

(13:52:51) DrLarryDoom: [16:29:05] <DrLarryDoom> Tampa? :P

(13:53:58) SeanDMan: Love the two people who thought backchecking was the worst part of their job.

(13:54:09) Cannibal: I was about to say the same thing.

(13:54:25) SeanDMan: Probably Canucks.

(13:53:28) DrLarryDoom: 3 people said naps were the best part of their job?

(13:54:51) DrLarryDoom: As many people like naps as like winning.

(13:59:31) DrLarryDoom: Rory Fitzpatrick got a vote for best player in the NHL this season

(13:59:45) DrLarryDoom: and ... Josh Green.

(13:59:56) o: josh green!!

(13:59:59) SeanDMan: Yeah, 2 Canucks got polled.

(14:00:10) SeanDMan: One of them was probably Josh Green.

If you could play for any NHL team (other than your own), which would you choose?

1) Toronto Maple Leafs (34) 14.4%

2) New York Rangers (29) 12.3%

3) Detroit Red Wings (19) 8%

4) Los Angeles Kings and Vancouver Canucks (18) 7.6%

5) Dallas Stars (15) 6.3%

6) Colorado Avalanche and Montreal Canadiens (14) 5.9%

7) Minnesota Wild and Tampa Bay Lightning (10) 4.2%

8) Phoenix Coyotes (9) 3.8%

9) Calgary Flames (8) 3.4%

10) Anaheim Ducks and Florida Panthers (5) 2.1%

11) Nashville Predators, Ottawa Senators and Pittsburgh Penguins (4) 1.7%

12) Chicago Blackhawks, Philadelphia Flyers and San Jose Sharks (3) 1.2%

13) Boston Bruins and Buffalo Sabres (2) 0.85%

14) Carolina Hurricane and Edmonton Oilers (1) 0.42%

Very nice.

Montreal is 9th for team not wanting to be traded to, but third toughest building to play in on the road(T'ranna's a very respectable 6th), I like how Crosby is on the most hated players list. I think Tucker should be first. I find that Avery is both a better pest and better player than Tucker. Which brings me to Avery being the most overrated player in the NHL. Montreal 3rd best Ice. Toronto 7th worst :(

ACC has always had bad ice.

Tonight is another important game. It is getting annoying to always say that, but it is true. Atlanta is a good team, but Toronto has played better defensively as of late. Hopefully, they can shut down the two headed monster that is Atlanta's offence and put a couple past Kari Lehtonen early.

EDIT - Nope, it's Hedberg. That isn't much better for the Leafs as Hedberg is a good backup.

Edited by desiredtoe

Damn, tough break for Toronto. While I wanted them to lose so Montreal could stay ahead in the standings, I still would rather Toronto in the playoffs rather than some shmuck team like Carolina or the Islanders.

I really want Montreal to take 7th place. I would absolutely love to see a Montreal Pittsburgh series. I'd say Pittsburgh in 6, but it would still be an amazingly intense series.

Good job Bryan, why play the man when you can cross check Roberts? It's why you make the big bucks.

EDIT: And Kabers makes up for it with the game winner. He continues to make up for that mook.

Edited by GoodGodWhatABeatnik

I'm having a lot of trouble watching this Canucks game. First and foremost, holy shit, how can you listen to this fucking dinosaur? One of the worst play by play rosters around belongs to CBC. Secondly, the officiating has been awful. They're giving Calgary powerplays like it's 1989. And thirdly, Brent Sopel has been absolutely abysmal. He's been responsible for every Calgary goal, and now the Canucks are way behind to a trap team.

As a Flames fan, I must say... I agree that some of the calls have been a little bit weak. When the first few things were let go, I was excited to see a rough, even game, but then Vancouver was called on a few things that were just weak.

CBC's announcers are my favorite. I hate when I watch games on NBC.

The Penguins are probably the most exciting team in the league right now. Their game earlier against Toronto was my favorite in a long time.