2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

Apparently Julien rubbed some players the wrong way, namely, one of their goaltenders. And let's face it, without one of their goaltenders, New Jersey is going nowhere in the playoffs. One of their goaltenders is obviously comfortable with Lamarilo, considering that goaltender has been a Devil for a while. And that goaltender is far more important to New Jersey's success then any of New Jersey's coaches, as evidenced by three Stanley Cups for that goaltender as a Devil with 3 different coaches.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If by Triple H, you mean he never loses, never takes time off even when lots of people wish that he would, and people despise him when he's at the top but reluctantly admit he's the best there is, then yes, he's Triple H.

Minus the leg injuries.

It must be Clemmensen. I knew he was a jerk.

The New York Rangers vs. Montreal Canadiens game actually will mean something to the Rangers as they failed to clinch a playoff birth tonight. Toronto barely escaped with the two points, with Bryan McCabe finishing the game in overtime with a huge blast from the point.

Koivu pulls out the highlight reel goal to and adds another later to give Montreal their 9th straight win at home in their last home game of the season. Toronto nearly blows it again and I really hope they lose their next game and Montreal beats the Rangers, gives us a playoff spot if I reckon correct. With 2 games left, any combination of a Montreal win and a Toronto loss puts the Leafs outside of 8th place again, and for good(again, if I reckon correctly). Halak played well and has a 1.84 GAA at home in the 7 games he's played at the Bell. I like him, for a 21 year old rookie goalie, he's got a bit of talent.

Who's the shmuck that Latendresse jerseyed and beat up?

Dennis Wideman.

And Latendresse, like most players, is a pussy for willingly fighting but failing to take his visor off. Therefore, he loses the fight on a technicality.

And in the Tucker/Avery fight, being the fight technician I am, I'd say it was a draw. Both landed at least one good shot, Avery got the takedown but I dare to say that if Tucker's helmet wasn't in the way, it wouldn't have happened like that. Not that I'm saying Tucker would've pummelled him, I just think the fight would've lasted longer and Tucker wouldn't have lost his balance and fallen over the way he did. On a similar note, Avery throws pillows! I've never seen him come close to even looking as though direct shots even phase his opponent. Tucker I've at least seen knock people down. Avery, not even close :P

Leafs are still alive. I fully expect it to come down to Saturday's game, only for the Leafs to lose a complete stinker 7-2 or something equally as embarassing.

Edited by grind your soul

I really think that if it came down to Saturday and a win puts the Leafs 1 point ahead of Montreal, the Leafs would win. If it were in Montreal, I would say it's no contest for Torono, don't even show up because you're going down, but as it's in Toronto, and could be one of the greatest games ever contested if only for intensity and atmosphere, I think that Toronto would take it.

Habs lose, which makes the Leafs/Isles game all but meaningless; Toronto has to win in regulation if they lose tonight in regulation, though, like the Tree said. I'm desperately searching for it, can't find it anywhere :angry: 180 channels and no Leafs? Blasphemy.

Edited by oldskool

Guest LdE1986

The chances of the Islanders winning out are pretty slim considering they have to play New Jersey in the final game of the season for both teams. How lucky are the Ranger getting the 6th seed? Having to play Atlanta in the 1st round which IMO the Rangers match up better with the Thrasher than they do with NJ or Buffalo. And at the same time I feel really bad for whichever team gets the 8 seed and has to play Buffalo in the 1st round