2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

You can call whatever you want buddy.

Toronto succeeds in dropping a 2 goal lead in the 3rd last night. If it wern't for the clutch play of Kaberle, we'd be talking about how terrible Toronto is at holding a lead right now.

Toronto and Carolina in play tonight. Montreal will be 9th or possibly 10th by the end of the night. One of the two teams is going to win for sure. I'm hoping neither of them do. Especially not Toronto. I'll put a bullet through my brain before I have to listen to the 9 or so of you collectively cream yourselves for passing Montreal in the standings.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can call whatever you want buddy.

Toronto succeeds in dropping a 2 goal lead in the 3rd last night. If it wern't for the clutch play of Kaberle, we'd be talking about how terrible Toronto is at holding a lead right now.

Toronto and Carolina in play tonight. Montreal will be 9th or possibly 10th by the end of the night. One of the two teams is going to win for sure. I'm hoping neither of them do. Especially not Toronto. I'll put a bullet through my brain before I have to listen to the 9 or so of you collectively cream yourselves for passing Montreal in the standings.

It's not over yet, but that was fucking horrible. The Leafs need to beat Philly, the Islanders, and then the Canadiens. As long as they beat Montreal in regulation, it will all be good. Or Montreal could lose another game for us....

I don't think both teams can make it, as I don't see the Rangers falling now.

Guest Grapehead

Going to my first game 7 ever. PEI Rocket forced a 7th game in their QMJHL series, so I'm pretty excited, I've never attended a game 7 in my life.

In other news, the NHL Eastern playoff race is looking really fucking exciting right now, I wish I had've caught the NYR/Leafs game tonight.

The best part was the New York crowd serenading the Leafs. :D

Nah, the fight was pretty even, and Avery ended the fight on top, which is enough to give him the decision.

Also, Avery outscored Tucker in the game. In fact, Avery's contribution to goals was more then the Leafs team managed put together, so.

I've never seen the reason behind why the winner is he guy who lands on top. Tucker landed two good punches for every one Avery landed and he had that massive bomb that blew Avery's helmet off.

Plus, Avery turtled at the beginning.

If you take a guy down, it scores points. Effective takedowns score points in all fighting. Also, don't forget that Avery landed a bomb that took Tucker's helmet off too, and with the takedown factored in, I give the fight to Avery by a decision of 29-28.

Apparently Julien rubbed some players the wrong way, namely, one of their goaltenders. And let's face it, without one of their goaltenders, New Jersey is going nowhere in the playoffs. One of their goaltenders is obviously comfortable with Lamarilo, considering that goaltender has been a Devil for a while. And that goaltender is far more important to New Jersey's success then any of New Jersey's coaches, as evidenced by three Stanley Cups for that goaltender as a Devil with 3 different coaches.