2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

Guerin should do well in the Sharks, being reunited with Joe Thornton. The Sharks are definitely contenders in the West along with the Ducks, Predators and Red Wings. These are also the teams that are stacking their rosters the most. Brian Burke is apparently getting Todd Bertuzzi to Anaheim. Nashville already got Forsberg. Detroit only got Calder. I'd think they needed to make another move to keep up.

I think despite all those teams that the West champion is coming out of the Northwest again. Because divisions play eachother 8 teams none of them have high point totals because of how equal the competition in the division is. Minnesota, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver are all teams who I could see lifting the Cup.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word is that Sather is getting a lot of calls about Jagr, but analysts are saying Slats doesn't want to get rid of him. Obviously the analysts don't know everything and who knows what could happen if the right deal came along. I'm surprised that the Rangers haven't had any activity at all, though. Very un-NYR like.

EDIT: Just as I came back to the PC, I see that Aaron Ward has been traded from the Rangers to Boston.

Well, that shut me up.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Good. Ward has been crap. I mean he has his games, but sometimes or most times he gets me yelling at my TV or asking myself 'why are we paying 2-3 mill (I think) for this guy?' I don't know what drove Boston to pick him up, I hear maybe to dump Mara on us. I'd rather they'd pick up somebody good off them like Bochenski. I saw him play in the AHL alot and was surprised Ottawa got rid of him. That kid can play hockey and has been good in Beantown so far.

The Guerin deal was good. I'm a pretty big San Jose fan and I like that pick up for them. Despite giving up a first rounder for whats a thin draft they made out good. Guerins hot right now and will do good things in that lineup. I heard Jason Blake got dealt to Nashville, but that's from Eklund and he has a rep for being wrong. Plus he hasn't reported anything in the past half a day that was right I don't think.

What do you guys think the Rangers could/could've got for Jags? As a Rangers fan, if they were to commit to a youth movement I'd be willing to see them part with him and Nyl's.

REPORT: Yanic Perreault back to Toronto?!?

Hopefully. It left a bad taste in my mouth when he left the first time, he's older now, but if he comes to Toronto and does the kind of thing he's been doing in Phoenix, it's a great pick up. The Leafs need a player like him, a faceoff master that they can plug into second or third line and effectively make better with skill, experience, knowledge, just a great over overall feel for the game. He can fill some holes that the Leafs have on offense.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Sportnet's coverage is turning out to be some kind of lame trade deadline related party with the Hansen Brothers and Deal or No Deal models.

TSN has been delivering the goods, though the Score is where to go if you want all news and zero flash and sizzle.... And a decent amount of Deb Matejicka. You can never have enough of that.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Unfortunately, I don't get The Score where I am, so I'll stick to TSN.

And yeah, Be, Brendan Bell (who's never going to be a great player) and a draft pick for Perrault.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

This is my first year as a Leafs fan since the 90s...I was an Avalanche fan because I had a cousin who worked for them since they moved to Denver, but he's gone now, so I'm back to the Leafs bandwagon. And I've been kinda silent about it because they're not doing so well.

Appearantly Zubrus to Buff and maybe Glenn Murray to the Wings. Don't know if they're official yet, but if so watch out for Detroit. They could be deadly. Appearantly Sather thought it'd be good to make minor moves as if we were sellers? I don't know TOO much about Mara, but he's got a horrible +/-, hasn't been a plus in his career except a 16 game stint with Tbay. They need a good solid D man to hold down the defensive zone, along with a center. Dupuis been pretty good since he got there don't see why they'd trade him for, what is as of right now, nothing. They should've made a big run at someone or stripped the team and commited to a youth movement, IMO. Not in between. If they win tonight they're alive, but that's about it. I think it's only a matter of time.

I like the deal. Bell is very expendable, definitely not a loss and I can easily part with the draft pick since it brought back a player the Leafs need right now in crunch time.

EDIT: And what are the chances of the Leafs drafting a player in the second round that won't stay on the farm for the next decade? No loss.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Appearantly Zubrus to Buff and maybe Glenn Murray to the Wings. Don't know if they're official yet, but if so watch out for Detroit. They could be deadly. Appearantly Sather thought it'd be good to make minor moves as if we were sellers? I don't know TOO much about Mara, but he's got a horrible +/-, hasn't been a plus in his career except a 16 game stint with Tbay. They need a good solid D man to hold down the defensive zone, along with a center. Dupuis been pretty good since he got there don't see why they'd trade him for, what is as of right now, nothing. They should've made a big run at someone or stripped the team and commited to a youth movement, IMO. Not in between. If they win tonight they're alive, but that's about it. I think it's only a matter of time.

Unrelated but I live in Bing (Ottawas affiliate) and my buddy was having beers last night at the bar when Andy Hedlund got shipped to Vancouver. :lol:

Hey grab another round buddy, my agents calling.

(Goes away comes back and grabs jacket)

Uhhh I guess a raincheck on that bud, I'm getting shipped roughly 3,000 miles west and in Canada.