2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And SDM, I've found the perfect season bragging rights decider. Montreal plays Vancouver soon. Winner gets to brag and boo the others until their lungs are sore... or Playoffs.

Now shut up and accept that your team sucks. It will make it easier to accept when the playoffs roll around.

Guest Rotinaj

And SDM, I've found the perfect season bragging rights decider. Montreal plays Vancouver soon. Winner gets to brag and boo the others until their lungs are sore... or Playoffs.

Now shut up and accept that your team sucks. It will make it easier to accept when the playoffs roll around.

If it helps soothe the pain, you won that trade.

say more things like that

The trade did good things for you. First and foremost, it allowed you to resign Shane Doan. Doan is the closest thing you can get to having Ryan Smyth on your team without having Ryan Smyth. Since Nagy was struggling with consistency and injury, and you were only going to be able to keep one anyway, you already won the trade by keeping the right one. The trade itself gave you Tjarnqvist, who is a point per game guy in the AHL and never really got a chance to move up the ladder in Dallas this season, but is and will be a commendable bottom tier player. He's also good in shootouts. Even though it's a late first, that first will really help the Coyotes, who more then anything need more young offensive prospects, or a goaltender.

Your defense is already sick. Starting from the top down with great offensmen in Derek Morris and Ed Jovanovski, Jovocops mean streak is backed up by angry young men Matt Jones and Keith Ballard. Zybynek Michalek and Nick Boynton round out the top six, with my man from Amsterdam, Matt Motherfucking Spiller, always ready to throw with the heavy hands. Up front, the Coyotes are kind of a mess of youth and death, but that should clear up a bit in the offseason, with guys live Oliver Latendresse, Enver Lisen, Martin Hanzal and Peter Mueller, Kevin Cormier, Alexander Rouleau and Yanick Lehaux all likely to get good looks in training camp with Lisen almost gauranteed to make the team.

Your team's biggest question mark is on the bench. Consider, though, that Wayne Gretzky is one of the single greatest hockey minds of all time. But he was never the "Ra Ra" emotional leaders on his team... that's what Messier was for. With Shane Doan on board, Wayne doesn't have to be the emotional leader, just the guy who teaches his guys the system and the game. The pep talks can come from within, from the veteran guys like Jovocop, Owen Nolan, Doan, and J.R. (see! He IS good for something). Phoenix has a lot of good pieces, but they play in a division where they are likely to finish 3rd for some time to come. If they can pull things together, though, adding a few key pieces and getting some good direction going into next season, there is reason for optimism.

Also, why is Toronto celebrating their frustration.

We weren't celebrating our frustration. We were celebrating probably the biggest underdog champion in Stanley Cup history. And we managed to do it in 15 minutes so a game could actually be played unlike every other team in this league.

You know what's sad? When fans of two teams that are not going to do anything in the post-season (If they can even make it) argue with each other. Nobody cares if Toronto sucks and hasn't won a cup in 57 years, and nobody gives a shit if the Habs won 35 Cup's when there was 6 fucking teams in the league. They both suck right now, neither of them will get past the 1st round, and I would be a little surprised if they even both made the playoffs at this point.

Oh, and being Overrated? I'd rather be overrated and a top level team than be a mediocre franchise who hasn't done a fucking thing in the last ten years and needs to fall back on shit they did almost twenty years ago for some diluded sense of self esteem. The Habs have won maybe two cups in the majority of the Canadiens fans lifetimes on this board, and both of them were just as 'Fluke' like as whenever the hell Toronto won.

RANT OVER.

I am thinking here that the Maple Leafs this year have a great shot now of making the playoffs, and it's almost impossible to predict which team will make it past round one and who will not.

Frustration? The only thing frustrating as a Leafs fan is that the fans in Toronto are all bitter morons who think that trading away our best players when we have a really good shot for the playoffs is a good thing. Thank god I became a fan of the Leafs away from Toronto, or I would be insane.

(})

I love the team, but I hate my fellow Leaf fans.

I still have my sights set on a Leafs and Canadiens playoff series. The Canadiens are also one point back of the Hurricanes like we are, so there is a good chance. Lets even let the Islanders in a kick out the Thrashers for fun.