2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

I don't know about Aucoin. I am unsure what he will be able to do if he is healthy throughout a whole season, and if he gets injured and misses a lot of time again, then he is not worth the $4 million salary.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vesa Toskala and Mark Bell to the Toronto Maple Leafs for three draft picks, and they sound like a first, second and fourth.

This is a bold move from Ferguson, and this is out of character for him. I think this is a good move though, gives Toronto a strong goaltender who could start, a talented power forward who had a mediocre year in San Jose. Losing picks in the draft kind of suck, but I think that in this draft, it's alright to give those up.

The other news is Manny Fernandez to Boston, but I don't know anything else about the deal.

I hate Basha.

Edited by desiredtoe

My immediate reaction was not that good, but looking at everything involved, I like the deal.

Mark Bell had a horrible year, but at 26 is still young and had some 20 goal seasons in Chicago. Maybe it was the system in San Jose, hopefully he can turn it around. He adds some scoring depth and physicality to the team.

Toskala had great numbers last year in the 38 games he played. Having him makes Raycroft expendable if JFJ wants to move him, or gives Raycroft an added incentive to improve and play better. Some rumours now have JFJ shopping Raycroft and looking towards Pogge to step in as back-up, although that is premature.

In his interview with Hockey Central, JFJ could not confirm the trade, but Sportsnet and TSN are reporting it. Ferguson also said priority number one is getting some more scoring, a forward who can put the puck in the net.

What I've heard is that we're looking to trade for Marleau, we're apparently targeting someone like Daniel Briere. Defense as well, Preissing is apparently high on the radar. There's no sense in trying to keep or find another Souray, the price just won't be justified for 25 goals.

What I've heard is that we're looking to trade for Marleau, we're apparently targeting someone like Daniel Briere. Defense as well, Preissing is apparently high on the radar. There's no sense in trying to keep or find another Souray, the price just won't be justified for 25 goals.

Tomas Vokoun gets sent to Florida... and it looks like the Nashville Predators are trying to unload as much salary as they can.

Hamilton 2008-2009!

Only bad news is? If Nashville keeps unloading salary, the team that arrives in Hamilton is going to suck.

EDIT: Scratch that. Craig Leopold has informed the NHL that the deal with Mr Hamilton will not go through at all.

That means that Leopold is probably cutting costs to save money while he waits to sell the team to someone who wants to keep it in Nashville. Problem with that, is that Leopold wants to cut costs, which is going to ruin his team and make them less appealing to prospective buyers.

EDIT 2: Fuck, those new Capitals jerseys are nice. Following the lead of Buffalo, who last year revisited past jersey designs, the Washington Capitals unveiled their new jerseys when they drafted Alzner just now.

Edited by Gabriel Byrne

Why the fuck do the Canucks continue to insist on drafting centres from Michigan. Holy shit, it's not even funny any more.