2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clemmensen is a wierd guy to get. He hasn't played a lot of NHL games, so you don't know what he is capable of with a workload of just twenty games even.

Now the Devils can get a capable backup...y'know, one that can hold on to win a shootout against a third-string Islander goaltender <_<

I'm going with NHL 08.

The skill stick adds just an amazing level of control that did not exist in other hockey games. Also, they are improving the skating so defenders don't end up just floating past the attacking players, and they are improving the AI and putting in a system where you can design your own plays.

2k8 is implementing the skill stick this year.

Personally, I'll always prefer the button pressing style of play. I tried the skill sticks in 07 on my friend's X Box and I wasn't impressed. I'm pretty sure that Button Pressing is still an option for both games, so I don't have to choose one based on that.

It'll probably be 08 for me... I've been an EA guy for 10+ years now, and the 2k series is good, but the last time I played it was 2k5 or 2k6, and I prefered the EA game.

Not sure if I'll get a NHL game this year.....NHL 07 was meh for me...especially now, my roster is stacked, I win every game, I'm playing on the highest difficulty, and I'm always winning 15-2 or something.

2k8 is implementing the skill stick this year.

Personally, I'll always prefer the button pressing style of play. I tried the skill sticks in 07 on my friend's X Box and I wasn't impressed. I'm pretty sure that Button Pressing is still an option for both games, so I don't have to choose one based on that.

It'll probably be 08 for me... I've been an EA guy for 10+ years now, and the 2k series is good, but the last time I played it was 2k5 or 2k6, and I prefered the EA game.

The goaltending AI has sucked for far too long. The goalies need more than a series of six animations to wave at the puck in an attempt to stop it. The legs should be able to move independantly of each other - AND the side-to-side should be more than just a slide across the crease, kicking a pad and arm up to cover the hole a full second AFTER the puck is in.

The Senators have moved Peter Schaefer to the Boston Bruins for Shean Donovan. This is being called a salary cap move, as it frees up $6.7 over three years, while Donovan has only one year left for roughly $900,000.

TSN has an article up about the remaining free agents, and there are some good ones still available. They say that Toronto and the New York Rangers have shown interest in Micheal Peca, reminded me that Dany Markov is still available (and I don't see how he could go unsigned, he is good), and I think it's hilarious that Yashin thinks he is going to get a higher contract then those he has been offered.