2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the job of a GM to put together the best possible team, and not worry about stepping on peoples toes. Lowe was ready to part ways with a bunch o' picks, so there's no reason why it shouldn't happen.

Yes, the GM's job is to put together the best team possible, but it an era of salary caps and inflated wages, Kevin Lowe may have made a huge mistake by paying a $1.5 million (tops, for right now) a year forward a little over $4 million a year just so that he can say he did something in the off season.

The move reeks of desperation, and just like Lupul, will probably come back to bite him in the ass.

Offer Sheets are fine. They make the off-season a little more exciting. What irks me most about this whole fiasco is that Lowe inflated the price of a developing young player just so that he could say he did something more than just sign Sheldon Souray.

Yahoo makes a fine fantasy league. And if we wanted to make it interesting, I'd be happy to collect say 5 bucks each from the participants, winner at the end of the season wins the pot.

I believe yahoo has it so that you also get points for penalty minutes, faceoffs, etc.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

There's nowhere else on EWB to share this where people would find it funny.

I was at work today, a customer asks me where the Oktoberfest sausage is, I show him, he starts thanking me and somehow segues into asking me if I remember Eddie Shack.

I'm all for the Yahoo fantasy league thing, and no player being able to be on any others. That's how my classes pool went (which I did poorly in........but I was in 1st for a few weeks).

So, when I get some time I shall look at the yahoo fantasy league thing....or if someone wants to, do it before me...because the less work for me, the better.

There's nowhere else on EWB to share this where people would find it funny.

I was at work today, a customer asks me where the Oktoberfest sausage is, I show him, he starts thanking me and somehow segues into asking me if I remember Eddie Shack.