2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to get a PS2-esque usb controller then for my computer, and maybe I'll try out the PC version again. I haven't had a PC version since 2001 because all the new things you could do made it impossible to play with the keyboard instead of a controller.

I sometimes get those blowouts, but I never can regularly beat the computer in NHL '07 by those scores.

And I am really getting into playing it online, so if anyone has the 360 version, look for desiredtoe online.

Between the NHL Network, Leafs TV and ESPN Classics, I think I watched about 6 hours of hockey today, including Toronto vs. Washington from this season and the first game of the 1993 playoff series between the Leafs and St. Louis.

Yashin signs with Russian team!

Big surprise here. Yashin has signed with a Russian team, and the contract does not have an NHL out clause. Goodbye Alexei!

Big surprise? Yashin is a known locker room cancer who is indifferent at best about his team's success. He's probably on the tier of a 2.5 million dollar player but because of his attitude he was getting offers under a buck and a half. Everyone saw this coming; before free agency no one considered Yashin a top free agent and everyone concluded that when he wasn't treated like an A-grade player he was going back home.

I thought so, but when you said "the deal doesn't have an NHL out clause", you might have actually thought that he wanted to come to the NHL. He wants money, of course he's not going to put in an out clause if they pny up the big dough.

I thought so, but when you said "the deal doesn't have an NHL out clause", you might have actually thought that he wanted to come to the NHL. He wants money, of course he's not going to put in an out clause if they pny up the big dough.

Emery resigns

Ray Emery has avoided arbitration and signed a three year deal worth $9.5 million with the Senators. There were rumours that Ottawa, if they had gone to arbitration, may not have been able to afford Emery and that the Los Angeles Kings would push hard to acquire him. There is also noise that Andrew Raycroft could be going to LA too, but I think the Maple Leafs want to see what happens with a goaltending tandem.

Ottawa are very lucky there, they aren't overpaying Emery at all. I wouldn't say it's deal of the century, but it's a good move for their team to still continue contending.

I think Emery is deserving of that contract, and I think he will give the Senators good service in goal over the length of the contract.

I didn't say he wasn't deserving, just that they weren't overpaying like I thought they were destined to do for Emery. He's a good, solid goalkeeper. You get good defenders in front of him and you've already got a team that can at least make the postseason year in, year out.