Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am currently playing my best Football Manager 2007 file yet.

I am playing as Glasgow Rangers(The Team I Support) and i have taken them to the top of European/World Football. I am now in 2012 where i am currently top of the SPL.

I have won:

SPL - 5 Times In A Row

Uefa Cup - 1 Time

Championship League - 4 times in a row

Scottish Cup - 1 Time

CIS Cup - 3 Times

World Club Championships - 4 Times in a row

European Super Cup - 5 Times in a row.

Mu current squad's best players are:

Micah Richards

Michael Owen

Frederic Nimani

Denilson

Francsec Fabregas

If anyone would like any screenshots etc for proof.. just ask. (Y)

One thing that I enjoyed about my season with Leigh is that we were expected to finish 2nd bottom, yet I came 4th with my only signings being a goalkeeper who served us well, a striker who went down injured, came back, got injured again and really never recovered and done much, and a striker who i signed late on in the season when the goals dried up and he got them for me. Oh and I signed one of the slowest defenders in the world but he had good tackling, marking, heading and jumping and served us quite well, got him about 1/3 into the game. All cost £0.

Also I loaned in Matty Barlow one two 3 month loan deals throughout, he started on fire but he stopped scoring so i didn't bring him back. I also had James Hand from Huddersfield on two 3 month loan deals, before rejecting to return to us in favour of signing with West Brom for £2k (then promptly getting shoved in the reserves, he is only 19 mind you).

So I didn't go mental signing players or anything ridiculous, all worked out very realistically. I made some signings, but I didn't do what they do on all these FM forums where they sell their starting XI and buy all these players with 200 Potential Ability and Wonderkids and shite.

Now I'm in 1st place after 6 games. 15 points, and my closest competition has 10. I'm disappointed that we lost to a part-time team that just became full-time 2-1.

Since I didn't really have any reserves and had to play most games with less than 5 substitutes due to injuries, I bought 10 players. They've all helped except 2 who I can't use much because I forgot about the rule that allows me to have 3 players on the field and bench at the same time. We still beat the crap out of one of the relegated teams, who are now 3rd I believe. I find it hard to believe that with the squad I had I actually finished 4th. The media were expecting 8th, but that doesn't make the players better... Now I'm expected to be 6th.

I also had the top scorer last season with 18 goals, which is all great, except I don't get prize money...

I'm creating about 60 saves, with every team that I want to play the game, and I load any save I want, it depends on my mood :)

For example my Anderlecht [belgian League] in 4 seasons has been extremely succesful - young striker Meme Tchite is simply awesome, scores like 3 goals in every game...

I'm a transfer maniac, don't know why, but I always bring loads of new players to the team... I just like it :)

Also, my Dinamo Minsk team is suprisingly one of the best teams in Europe. After 3 seasons I'm a force that many clubs, including Chelsea, Real Madrid, and Sevilla which I beat, must be aware of.

I'm glad that so many people here play this great game. I would like to ask You guys one thing... Has anyone of You a good attacking tactic? In Austrian League I got some awesome strikers, but weak defenders, and I would be thankful for a great attacking tactic.

I don't even know Thomas, I certainly don't want to kill him :)

For me it is fun because I can play whichever team I want, depending on my mood. Plus I get to know thousands of players of the leagues that I'm playing with, and I can use them in my other games...

Anyway, I would really be thankful for the tactic I asked before... Can anyone help me?

I would stick with just 3 defenders and just attack with everything to get many goals so it doesn't matter much if you're defence screws up too often.

Damn referees, my winning streaks are always tainted by one, and then my team goes to hell for about 3 games straight. >_> If I'm correct, I've probably gotten 4 or 5 goals disallowed and recieved 3 that the FA fell silent for. ._.

No, thank You. You don't have to be rude, it's not like I'm an amateur and I ask You "which playerz are the besta coz I playa the game the first time". I'm just looking for a good attacking tactic and I hoped someone could help me here, I didn't know it was a crime :|