Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Championship Manager 01/02 had two Vitali Kutuzovs in the default data playing for AC Milan.

In conclusion there aren't enough names to go round for Eastern Europeans. Pretty much all of them are called Vladimir as it is.

Ricardo Quaresma is the biggest waste of 23m ever. He can't run past opponents, he misses open goals, and every time he tries to come inside he lofts it over the bar by about 20 yards.

Just finished my 8th season, then, finishing in 3rd. Never really looked like I was going to win the title after the first couple of months, but at least I actually got into the Champions League this year. At least when I go out in that it's usually to a good side, as opposed to Rangers. I only had to beat Rangers, then Villarreal in the final, and then the UEFA Cup would've been mine! But no. Ah well.

I'm gonna do what I've never done before in the summer, and splash loads of cash on a new goalie. My team is pretty much perfect apart the goalkeeper, and I should be winning the league every year, but for some reason I keep going through bad patches in January.

Might well be the last time I even get to January in 07, what with the 08 demo coming out on Sunday.

Some serious help needed guys, I have been playing without an update for a long time finally downloaded one today and now when I click on FM it says it cannot find the CD Rom? What did I do wrong? is there anyway to fix it? I downloaded the patch from their main site and I clicked on the shortcut for it after I was done it asked me for a place to save the patch or something and I clicked on the fm.exe file.

So, at the end of my stompingly brilliant season with Aston Villa, we finish the league in 3rd and win the FA Cup, also losing the League Cup Final on penalties to the cruel, evil Newcastle. I'm preparing for a pre-season building on the successes of the last year, which included finally securing the signature of Eduardo (mad bidding wars the previous year had stretched the deal beyond the transfer window and it went kablooey) and overhauling my ageing defensive line with Nicky Shorey and the bad-ass Kirk Broadfoot, who had spent a year in the Man City reserves turning into a stone-cold killer before being transfer listed. Go figure.

Anyway, it's at this point that Chelsea lose the Champion's Shield to Man Utd 3-0, which - coupled with a trophy-less season - causes Mr. Abramovich to knee-jerk and get rid of Jose Mourinho. Who does he offer the job to? Me, that's bloody right. I take the job, because it was eerily similar to the current situation, and I have about 2 weeks to buy in players before the window closes. Jose's done something right, already purchasing the badass right wing-back Rafinha and (albeit in a delayed move from last year) Rodrigo Palacio, so I spent the rest of my whopping transfer budget on a double salvo of Germans - Christophe Metzelder and, for a cool £28million, Miroslav Klose. Yep.

Currently sitting pretty, 9 points clear at the top of the league, in mid-December with a 100% record from the first stage of the Champion's League, and not even an injured Shevchenko can bring me down with Klose and Palacio having clicked in about 3 minutes to form an unstoppable strike partnership that regularly sees me winning games by 3 or more goals. The 5-1 drubbing of Man Utd was my personal favourite, especially as we scored 3 in 8 minutes after they went ahead before half time. Klose's been named Player of the Year, yippee.

And where are my old team, the erstwhile Aston Villa? Their new manager Steve Bruce (at least he didn't have to move house) currently has them sitting in 11th, which is staggering for a team consisting of Eduardo, Elano and Ashley Young, who I trained to perfection in under a year. I plan to sign Young in the next close season, and I'll probably take Eduardo and Broadfoot too if I can get them (despite his immense talents, Broadfoot's only valued at £3million, barely a drop in the pond for Roman's bank balance). Our game against Villa, which was fittingly away, saw a strikeforce of Luke Moore and Juan Pablo Angel roundly fail to do anything effective while Elano laboured away in a central midfield role, Young fizzled out on the left wing, and Eduardo watched from the bench, probably wondering what had happened to the promises of European football. Chelsea 3, Villa 0, thanks to a brace from Klose and a 35 yard screamer from Michael Ballack, who has been in awesome form (probably with all of that Germanic blood in the team).

Life's good.

I just cant seem to win La Liga with my Real Madrid team. We are in 2017, and the only people still knocking about my Real team are Cassillas and Ramos. I have quality all over, and have been consistently poaching the top young talent for 5 years, and introducing them to my first team. Still cant claw back Atletico who have won La Liga 3 times in the last 4 years. And this season isnt starting out too well either. My assistant set up a pre season tour, which was promptly cancelled a week before we were due to start, so I had to make do with friendlies against 2 of my feeder clubs, and my B and C teams.

I did however bring Atletico's latest striking wonderkid to the Bernebeu, hopefully he will help me turn things around on Atletico.

Some serious help needed guys, I have been playing without an update for a long time finally downloaded one today and now when I click on FM it says it cannot find the CD Rom? What did I do wrong? is there anyway to fix it? I downloaded the patch from their main site and I clicked on the shortcut for it after I was done it asked me for a place to save the patch or something and I clicked on the fm.exe file.

Started a 'Beat the drop from Christmas' game. Fulham were bottom. I got relegated, got them back, but was relegated again. The team I was going down with would easily get back up, but I resigned, I was getting angry with zero budget. I somehow got the Bremen job. It's January 2010 now, just signed Anderson for 6m, he's having a stormer on his debut.

He decides to improve on this stormer, by scoring his third of the day. Super debut, super signing I hope.

Edited by 'P.S.' Summers

How do I, you know, make my strikers score? They have quite a few shots but either the keeper has a great game or they all go flying over the bar. I've got 5 stars for my shooting coach and they're decent finishers (Berbatov, Defoe, Keane and Bent... well, not so much Bent). They just can't freakin' score!

So I simmed a game to the 14/15 season for some spice. Inter has decided to build a monster team, buying Vela and Messi for a combined 198m US. They also have C. Ronaldo, Akinfeev, Jono de Guzman, Per Mertesacker, Gareth Bale, Fernando Gago, Adriano, Sergio Ramos, Esteban Cambiassio and a shit load of Wonderkid regens. So basically they better win or Rafa is fucked.