Football Manager 2007

Dan

Third Premiership title in three years. It's been a good four year spell at United, what with also winning the Champions League two years ago.

Vidic & Ronaldo still want to leave, the bastards. Kompany, however, has slotted in superbly and will pair up great with Ferdinand until he's too old to do his job.

I'm thinking of trying Ashley Young and Silva, and a couple of others. See who I can get and for what.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In that case i doubt theres much chance of keeping him. It's a shame that you get no transfer fee for him either, because you would have gotten enough to buy a decent replacement. Who plays on the left wing for you? Can he play on the right? There's always the possibility of getting Robben in, as he's almost as good as Ronaldo.

Assuming you have a large transfer budget of course.

Edited by BleedMe

ZAZ! ({)

I feel for you so much Zaz. I've had a few SEASONS ruined by incompetent bastard goalkeeping, pretty much getting me sacked. It got to the point where I'd actually start fining my goalkeepers for 4 and 5 rated performances. Their mistakes were that bad and unforgivable.

The most recent one was after I beat Real Madrid with Racing Ferrol in the Copa del Rey 1-0 away. Then I took the lead at the Bernabau, so I was 2-0 on aggregate against Real Madrid despite just hovering above the drop zone in Liga BBVA, I couldn't believe I was going to do it! Then in about the 70th minute they scored. That's ok, I can let another one in, it won't matter...they score again in the 80th-ish minute, so I'm getting kind of angry, but it seems like we're going to get the win on away goals, then in the NINETY-FIFTH MINUTE (there was only supposed to be 94, cheating cunts :@) my goalkeeper decided to do the hokey cokey and come out of is box, lost the ball and conceded.

That bastard lost the club a ton of money (which we need) from any future gate receipts and my reputation is STILL 'Unproven' somehow. I very rarely get irate when playing FM, I generally just seethe silently with rage when my team sucks cock, but I actually stood up and walked out of the room, swearing a blue rainbow of disgust. It's kind of funny looking back, since yes, it's only a game. But it would have been such a huge upset...Ferrol are relegation candidates in the Liga BBVA (Spain's second tier), the sheer miracle that they're outside of the relegation zone is courtesy of The Kraig. <_<

Oh yeah. My game sucks, this is probably the worst FM game I've ever had. In summary:

Started unemployed:

Got job with Denizlispor in the Turkish Super Lig. Was saving them from relegation when they sacked me, then they got relegated. Serves them right.

Got job with Mantova in the Italian Serie B. Was making huge progress when they sacked me. The next season they almost got promoted thanks to all of my work getting amazing players in (MIDO!!! IN SERIE B!! ON A FUCKING FREE!! ON A RELATIVELY SMALL WAGE!! :@).

Got job with Bari, also in Serie B. It was almost exactly like Mantova, except I decided to leave after a mid-table finish. Sick and tired of my goalkeepers sucking ass and costing me precious wins. I drew so many games it was unreal.

Now I'm with Racing Ferrol and doing well, 16th of 22 in Spanish Liga BBVA by December. This is their first season in Liga BBVA since I started, so they got phantom promoted (all lower leagues are disabled in my game) with no manager, so I'm doing pretty good finally, after all the shenanigans in Turkey and Italy.

I'm stuck with the 'Unproven' reputation though, which is annoying. I feel I've done enough to earn at least 'Obscure'. <_<

My latest one where I was fucked over was against Liverpool. I was up 1-0 after a 30 yarder from Huddlestone when they equalised thanks to Bale heading the ball straight to Crouch in the box who put it in. In the next minute some Robbie Keane magic got me level at 1-1 before about 10 minutes later they clear it, Robbo comes out to get it and then passes STRAIGHT TO GERRARD who shoots from some distance out to score. It wasn't even a long or difficult pass he had to make :@

ZAZ! ({)

I feel for you so much Zaz. I've had a few SEASONS ruined by incompetent bastard goalkeeping, pretty much getting me sacked. It got to the point where I'd actually start fining my goalkeepers for 4 and 5 rated performances. Their mistakes were that bad and unforgivable.

The most recent one was after I beat Real Madrid with Racing Ferrol in the Copa del Rey 1-0 away. Then I took the lead at the Bernabau, so I was 2-0 on aggregate against Real Madrid despite just hovering above the drop zone in Liga BBVA, I couldn't believe I was going to do it! Then in about the 70th minute they scored. That's ok, I can let another one in, it won't matter...they score again in the 80th-ish minute, so I'm getting kind of angry, but it seems like we're going to get the win on away goals, then in the NINETY-FIFTH MINUTE (there was only supposed to be 94, cheating cunts :@) my goalkeeper decided to do the hokey cokey and come out of is box, lost the ball and conceded.

That bastard lost the club a ton of money (which we need) from any future gate receipts and my reputation is STILL 'Unproven' somehow. I very rarely get irate when playing FM, I generally just seethe silently with rage when my team sucks cock, but I actually stood up and walked out of the room, swearing a blue rainbow of disgust. It's kind of funny looking back, since yes, it's only a game. But it would have been such a huge upset...Ferrol are relegation candidates in the Liga BBVA (Spain's second tier), the sheer miracle that they're outside of the relegation zone is courtesy of The Kraig. <_<

Oh yeah. My game sucks, this is probably the worst FM game I've ever had. In summary:

Started unemployed:

Got job with Denizlispor in the Turkish Super Lig. Was saving them from relegation when they sacked me, then they got relegated. Serves them right.

Got job with Mantova in the Italian Serie B. Was making huge progress when they sacked me. The next season they almost got promoted thanks to all of my work getting amazing players in (MIDO!!! IN SERIE B!! ON A FUCKING FREE!! ON A RELATIVELY SMALL WAGE!! :@).

Got job with Bari, also in Serie B. It was almost exactly like Mantova, except I decided to leave after a mid-table finish. Sick and tired of my goalkeepers sucking ass and costing me precious wins. I drew so many games it was unreal.

Now I'm with Racing Ferrol and doing well, 16th of 22 in Spanish Liga BBVA by December. This is their first season in Liga BBVA since I started, so they got phantom promoted (all lower leagues are disabled in my game) with no manager, so I'm doing pretty good finally, after all the shenanigans in Turkey and Italy.

I'm stuck with the 'Unproven' reputation though, which is annoying. I feel I've done enough to earn at least 'Obscure'. <_<

World class, three time Premiership Champion, one time Champions League winner, and a multitude of smaller trophies (charity shields, super cups), manager John Holmes quits Manchester United.

Then joins Aston Villa. Shocking move, some may say.

They'd just fired a spanish manager, it's only September, so about 5 games into the season. I took the job and plan to eventually challange my former club.

Villa! That's just reminded me, I kinda forgot about my new-ish Villa game, what with returning to the England game and doing Euro 2008, what with international games being at the fore for the last few days.

Speaking of Euro 2008, I got the 'group of death' so to speak - Czech Republic, Holland, and Portugal. Every other group was dead easy, especially considering the French, Italians and Germans all failed to qualify for the tournament proper.

Went with a 4-1-2-2-1 for the Portugal game, Hargreaves playing just behind a midfield of Lampard and Barton (Gareth Barry, sadly, crocked himself in the FA Cup Final and missed the tournament :(), with Downing and Gerrard playing wide and cutting in to support our lone striker, Wayne Rooney. Beat 'em 2-0, continued with that formation for the Czech game (replacing Rooney with Crouch for aerial superiority and playing SWP on the right, with Barton shuffled out for Gerrard in the middle) and beat them 2-0 as well. For the Holland game, back to my usual 4-1-3-2, resting some of the big guns as we'd already qualified, still able to beat the Dutch 4-2 despite having gone a goal down twice, Crouch (HAT-TRICK HERO!) and Lampard were my heroes there.

Got Romania in the quarter-finals, managed to go 2 down in about 20 minutes, got one back before half-time from Crouch. One spirited half-time team talk later, we go out and tear them apart in the second half, with two more from Crouch and a 35-yard screamer from Hargreaves putting us into the semi-final. Awesome.

At this point, Micah Richards gets food poisoning, so Carragher the all-purpose utility man comes in and plays a blinder against Sweden in the semi-final, entirely shutting Kim Kallstrom and (later) Tobias Hysen out of the game, allowing Nicky Shorey to come forward and contribute to the attack. Which he did, setting up 2 of Stewart Downing's 3 goals, with Crouch adding a fourth. They scored two quite late on, just so it was exciting for the last 15 minutes, and we go through 4-2.

So... the final. SPAIN. Who have gone through both the quarter and semi-finals on penalty kicks, and certainly played as if they wanted penalties in the final, too. Okay then, we said - tackling hard and closing down hard, we force them to take off Fernando Torres, Raul AND Iniesta off injured in normal time, whilst at the other end we tested Iker Casillas no less than 38 times over the 120 minutes, but credit to him he was equal to 'em all. Penalties, then - they went 2-0 up, before Crouch and Gerrard got us 2 back, and Robinson saved 1 of theirs. All fell to Nicky Shorey, who netted his with ease, while Puyol managed to miss his sudden-death kick and up steps Wayne Rooney, who has found himself shut out in favour of 7-scoring Crouch - Rooney scores, we win!

Crouch got player of the tournament, with Lampard and Hargreaves coming 2nd and 3rd. Hargreaves also won himself a new nickname from me, The Butcher of Geneva, for his performance in the final that saw Torres and Raul crying to their mothers and limping off within 45 minutes.

:)