Football Manager 2007

Dan

Something terrible has happened! Selling Lennon made my spurs insta-bad! :( I think im about to get sacked - surely this team can't go from 3rd to 13th on the loss of one winger! Someone give me a crash course in tactics.

EDIT: Nevermind, too late :)

Edited by Plubby

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently leading Woking to two sucessive promotions to the heady heights of League One merits me the England job (after Gareth Southgate, some may see that as a step up.)

Problem is now, 31st August 2013, I've got a league game at home to Brighton and a WCQ away in Hungary?

Club vs country :ohwell:

EDIT : And its transfer deadline day aswell!

Edited by gazzpriest

Finished first season with Arsenal, came 3rd in the league, about 10 points off winners Man Utd. Tottenham came 4th, but Liverpool won the Champion's League so took Tottenham's place, serves them right for being cunts. I got knocked out in the Champions league semi final by Liverpool mind you, :(. I won the FA Cup, beating Everton 3-0.

Eduardo is a fucking machine on this game, 30 goals in 40 games in all competition's. He played a lot more than expected as van Persie was always injured and only managed about 13 games, and scored about 4 goals.

Started the new season, transfers look like this:

In:

Roberto Soldado (Real Madrid, free)

Silva (Valencia, £9m)

Diego Biseswar (Feyenoord, £7.25m)

Género Zeefuik (PSV, £4.4m)

Daniel Alves (Sevilla, £13.5m)

Joseph Mills (Southampton, £525,000)

Alain Traoré (Auxerre, £3.5m)

Out:

Kerrea Gilbert (Aston Villa, £500,000)

Thomas Rosicky (Real Madrid, £14m)

Already signed Curtis Davies and Luka Modric the year before, Davies spent the year at Villa, ironically, and Modric was with me, playing shit. So I've loaned him to Valencia for a year, Davies is ready to make the break through though as Gallas has started the season a bit slow.

So this is my team for the second season:

Goalkeepers: Jens Lehmann, Manuel Almunia, Lukasz Fabianski.

Defenders: Kolo Toure, William Gallas, Phillipe Senderos, Curtis Davies, Daniel Alves, Bacary Sagna, Gael Clichy, Mathieu Delphierre, Johan Djourou.

Midfielders: Gilberto Silva, Cesc Fabregas, Mathieu Flamini, Abou Diaby, Theo Walcott, Silva, Aliaksandr Hleb, Diego Biseswar.

Strikers: Robin van Persie, Eduardo, Emmanuel Adebayor, Roberto Soldado, Carlos Vela.

Hopefully, I'll win the league this time around, I think I have a good enough squad. Not sure about central midfielders though, I let Denilson go on loan but think that may have been a mistake, only time will tell.

Strikers: Robin van Persie, Eduardo, Emmanuel Adebayor, Roberto Soldado, Carlos Vela.

Hopefully, I'll win the league this time around, I think I have a good enough squad. Not sure about central midfielders though, I let Denilson go on loan but think that may have been a mistake, only time will tell.

OK, so in my Hearts game I sold Massimo Gobbi to Lille at the start of the season because he wanted away and was just gonna get unhappy, only got £1.2m for him cause it was a quickie, fans were upset, I'd lost a great player. End of the season, after already agreeing 2 midfielder deals I have a look through my old transfers, see how he's doing. Played 4 games for Lille all season, was in the reserves and wanted to leave. So I've just bought him back for £1m. No doubt he'll want to bugger off again in a season's time... >_>

Finished first season with Arsenal, came 3rd in the league, about 10 points off winners Man Utd. Tottenham came 4th, but Liverpool won the Champion's League so took Tottenham's place, serves them right for being cunts. I got knocked out in the Champions league semi final by Liverpool mind you, :(. I won the FA Cup, beating Everton 3-0.

Eduardo is a fucking machine on this game, 30 goals in 40 games in all competition's. He played a lot more than expected as van Persie was always injured and only managed about 13 games, and scored about 4 goals.

Started the new season, transfers look like this:

In:

Roberto Soldado (Real Madrid, free)

Silva (Valencia, £9m)

Diego Biseswar (Feyenoord, £7.25m)

Género Zeefuik (PSV, £4.4m)

Daniel Alves (Sevilla, £13.5m)

Joseph Mills (Southampton, £525,000)

Alain Traoré (Auxerre, £3.5m)

Out:

Kerrea Gilbert (Aston Villa, £500,000)

Thomas Rosicky (Real Madrid, £14m)

Already signed Curtis Davies and Luka Modric the year before, Davies spent the year at Villa, ironically, and Modric was with me, playing shit. So I've loaned him to Valencia for a year, Davies is ready to make the break through though as Gallas has started the season a bit slow.

So this is my team for the second season:

Goalkeepers: Jens Lehmann, Manuel Almunia, Lukasz Fabianski.

Defenders: Kolo Toure, William Gallas, Phillipe Senderos, Curtis Davies, Daniel Alves, Bacary Sagna, Gael Clichy, Mathieu Delphierre, Johan Djourou.

Midfielders: Gilberto Silva, Cesc Fabregas, Mathieu Flamini, Abou Diaby, Theo Walcott, Silva, Aliaksandr Hleb, Diego Biseswar.

Started a new game, basically looking to have some Premiership fun, so I went with the richest team that wasn't already in Europe/wasn't absolute shit (West Ham...) - so I'm now the manager of Aston Villa.

They've got a good base of talent, but basically every position needed some overhauling, so let's see what Randy Lerner's specially-extended £41m has bought me so far...

Craig Gordon,

Stephen McManus,

Ian Harte,

Luis Ernesto Perez,

Elano,

Luka Modric,

Joey Barton...

...and I'm trying to seal the deal for Alexander Frei before the first day of the season, although it may involve getting rid of Stephen Davis to raise some extra funds. Had to pay a bit over-the-odds for Elano and Modric, so much so that I had to pull out of a deal to sign Shunsuke Nakamura from Celtic. Oh dear oh dear. The only thing I've really lost out on so far is getting Eduardo, who ended up going to Porto, so I'm marking him down as a 'long-term' target to try and snap up next year.

Current line-up, which just stuffed Sporting Braga 4-1 in a friendly, looks like so...

GK - Gordon

DR - Hughes

DL - Harte

DC - McManus

DC - Mellberg

DM - Barton

MC - Barry

MC - Perez/Davis

AML - Maloney

AMR - Elano

FC - Moore

I've got McManus in my Hearts game and he's my captain. He's pretty good, although obviously the Premiership is another kettle of fish. Reading came in with an enquiry a couple of season's ago for him and I dismissed it and he went all moody on me for a bit, but he seems to be settled now.