Football Manager 2007

Dan

I accidentally lost Steven Naismith to Birmingham City for a free on my Kilmarnock game because his contract expired before I remembered to cash him in. Got Derek Riordan on loan from Celtic who should be a decent short-term replacement though.

Henrik Larsson for £70k is always a good deal too. He doesn't seem too eager to come though.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best line i've seen on the game: "After your extravagent spending last season the Newcastle board have chosen to limit this season's transfer fund's to 79million"

:blink:

What was your previous budget!?

Last season I had about 40million but spent around 50million.

I don't get this. I've never even tried to spend more money than I have but I've had numerous of times that a club tries to buy a player from me, but then the deal falls through 'cause they can't pay. Shouldn't that happen to you then as well? Why would they let you spend 50 million, when they gave you 40 million to buy players with.

On a kind of related note, highest transfer budget I've had was 170 million with Ajax.

I would imagine he sold some players, which boosted his funds

£232m - Newcastle 2017/18, of which spent - £0

What are you favorite upsets in the game?

Mine are taking Millwall and in one of the preseason friendly beating Deportivo 2-1 and taking the Aussies and beatin' Italy 2-0.

I know SI are focusing on Football Manager Live now, but is there any reports of an update for the new season? Obviously there won't be an FM2008, just wondering if they're doing a database updte, I've looked at some peoples own made ones, and they're a bit shit.

EDIT: Nevermind, just found out FM2008 is out in October :D

Edited by fourstarfizzle

Season two is going a bit worse. This is because Man Utd and Liverpool are now good again, while my Spurs side are a bit worse. My one rock-solid defence in particular is getting leaky. I'm sixth after six games, I've drawn a fair few games, and conceded too many goals, and generally not played as well.

A couple of players are bitching. I sign Kevin Prince-Boateng, and all is great. I sign Aiden McGready, and Boateng starts to complain about their being too much competition for places. I SELL Jenas (ya know, someone that plays the EXACT same position as Boateng), tell Boateng he's an important first-team player, and start him in EVERY game so far, and he's still unhappy. Cunt.

In one game, I was 2-0 down to Pomey at half-time, and we came back for a 2-2 draw. Cue Berbatov saying in the press my half-time team talk was useless, when in fact, the score suggests otherwise. This wasn't wise for Berbatov to say, as with Huntelaar waiting on the bench for his chance, he was dropped.

And finally, the game hates midfielders, as Park, Malbranque, Ghali and McGeady are injured, and Zokora suspended. So much for too many players, Kevin.....

Fuck Graham Kavanagh. <_<

I get a reporter coming to my door before the game against Wolves. We've been on a bit of a blip in form, having a W-D-L-D-W for the past five games, still top of the league but only by a whisper. Wolves aren't doing too well, and in order to boost my side's morale/get them fighting, I say we really should be beating them if we play to our best. Half of my side reacts to that by saying "grr" and getting fired up for the match, which we promptly go on to win 2-0. Kavanagh, who has been a rock in the centre of midfield, however, decides that he's not totally confident about the game, and gets a 5 rating for the match, almost giving away a goal (thank fuck for Gareth Bale at left back and Darren Ward in goal), and his morale tanks to poor. Even a 4-1 win against Leeds in the League Cup only pulls him up to good morale, whilst everybody else is on superb.

And his skills are deteriorating massively, the old bastard. I wish my central midfield had more depth.

On another note, Billy Sharp seems to have found his form again at just the right time, just as my lead goalscorer David Connelly decides to take a couple of games off from his usual scythe-like finishing, Sharpie gets 4 in 3 games, pulling him up to 10 goals, equal with Connelly. Yay.

January transfer window is looking interesting at this point, as my squad is sometimes a little injury-prone, and I need depth. Plus, I need better back-up/rotation strikers than Yorke and John, who've not scored once between them all year.

I just won the Champions League with Arsenal on Penalties.

By defeating Barcelona.

Gallas fucking scored before Eto'o equalised.

My starting 11.

Almunia

Eboue Djoroue Gallas Clichy

-----Gilberto Fabregas-------

Hleb-------------------Rosicky

------Van Persie Henry------

That's been pretty much the starting line-up for the whole season. Toure got injured and was out for 8 months. Lehman for 6 months. Other players who played well were Walcott/Babel/Denilson/Senderos/Diaby

Loaded up my Southampton game. After winning the Champions League I've changed a few things in the squad;

Decided to play an RWB and an LWB, but we seem to be lacking a shit load of goals because of it so I dropped those two back in the back four and put an extra man in midfield.

Signed Dani Alves, Almurso. Alves went for £43m and Almurso £29m. Too much cash to spend really.

Fabregas and Sergio Ramos were next to join. Ramos was a bargain at £16m. Cristiano Ronaldo wanted out of Man Utd, £22m was fair dues, and I've also just picked up Theo Walcott for £30m and Podolski for £18m.

Sold Silva to Real Madrid for £34m. They asked me how much and I gave him that price. They followed up after Guardado, I said £21m, they went for it. Michael Owen was sold to Man Utd for £7.5m, which the Southampton faithful weren't too happy about, but with Bojan in the squad, and being rotated Owen was never getting a game.

Basically my team is;

GK - Akinfeev

DR - Alves / Zacarrado

DL - Baines / Bale

DC - Richards

DC - King / Almurso / Pique

MC - Fabregas

AMC - Vela

AMR - Walcott

AML - Ronaldo

FC - Aguerro

FC - Podolski

We started off away to Chelsea. Vela scored in the 83rd minute, and we achieved the win. Home to Doncaster, and we fucking lose 2-1. European Winners Cup, or whatever its called with Barcelona. We got 2-0 up, they scored 3 goals in the last 3 minutes, fucking raging.

Away to West Ham. 2-2 at halftime, they go to 3-2, and I'm cracking up here >_>. Aguerro pulls it back to 3-3 and then we steal it, thanks to Aguerro and a long range chip. Got me intrigued back into the game anyway.

We defend our Champions League title with Bayern Munich, Auxurre some other team. >_>

Hah! Just killed Inter in the Milan derby 4-1. This extends my teams lead at the top of Serie A to 7 points, Inter are down in 10th having finished in the top 4 the last 5 years in a row. They're now having an awful season, Roma aren't doing much better but they did beat us 1-0 and are the only team to defeat us this season but we've responded by thrashing Ascoli and the previously mentioned Inter match. Got into the next round of the UEFA Cup with only one game left of the group stages too.

So in my network game my two strikers are being shit for Heerenveen (haven't won in 7). So I dropped them and called up 2 youngsters I signed pre-season - Jair Baylón & Raffaele De Vita. Baylón scored the only goal to give me a 1-0 win :) He's only 17 too!

Resigned from Arsenal at the beginning of the second season. Went to India - had something along the lines of build a dynasty :shifty:. It didn't work out left after two months. Joined Gainsborough Trinity but got relegated. Finally settled in Chivas USA. Hopefull I'll stay a season.

So, I took over from Fulham at the end of December. Bottom of the Premiership with 8 points, we're practically down. Fast forward to May, and we avoid relegation by finishing in 17th place, two points clear of Newcastle in 18th who have 34 points. We were 19th with five games left, with games against Chelsea and Arsenal (1st and 2nd respectively) both away. Somehow scraped 0-0 draws against both, before 1-0 wins against Sunderland and Bolton along with a 1-1 draw with Everton secured our place in the Premiership.

Got a lot of changes to make during the summer. Ben Foster came in on loan in January and has been immense, but I doubt United will let him come back. Niemi doesn't want to sign a new contract, whilst Diop, Knight and Paul Konchesky all want to move. The only striker to perform to anywhere near acceptable standards was Brian McBride, so I'm going to completely overhaul our frontline. Davies, Bullard, Dempsey and Kamara have all played well whilst Smertin has stepped in towards the end of the season after Diop decided he wanted to go and done well.

Going to be difficult though, I've got next to no transfer budget unless I can get some big money for the likes of Diop and Knight. The staff are also poor, our 'Fitness' coach has a Fitness rating of 9. Should be fun :D

No one one wants to play in the MLS it seems. They have such twisted rules regarding foriegn international players that limit any possible arrivals. The only decent player I've signed so far for Chivas USA was Francis Jeffers. But he's out injured right now.

Anyone know of players who will be willing to play in the MLS?

I have now decided I shall be rotating Goalkeepers for cup competitions since I signed another young Spanish keeper (whose name I cannot remember for the life of me right now) but he's played twice in te Coppa Italia in the QTR final stage and we're in the semis so he'll play in the semis against Tornio. Denilson went off to Barca, accepting one of the lowest bids I got for him (my own fault for setting it to "Accept All Transfers", though 16mil isn't to be sneezed at I suppose). I managed to get a 19 year old forward from Spain (despite trying to land a plethora of Italian players and getting refused) this oddly means that all of my January transfer window signings have been young Spanyards to add to the 2 or 3 I already had.