Football Manager 2007

Dan

Well I finished my first season as Valencia. Ended up being pretty dissapointing after all the promise the season had, but thats FM for you. Breezed past Porto in the first knock out round of the Champions League, but then drew Man Utd in the quarters. I lost away 4-0 in the first leg and only managed to win 2-1 at home so that was the end of Europe for me. The La Liga title also slipped away with a couple of away draws, ultimatly I had to beat Barca at the Nou Camp to get back on top with three games left, I didn't and even lost second to Real Madrid on the last day of the season by one point. :(

With that however came the Summer and some new signings:

Jonathan Woodgate - Free Transfer from Real

Sebastian Viera - £3.4 million from Villarreal

Juan Roman Riquelme - £6 million from Villarreal

Yildern Basturk - Free Transfer from some German Side

Carlos Tevez - £27.5 million from West Ham

Funnily enough I ended up strengthening my attack much more than my defense, but Woodgate has done a solid job so far in the central position. Tevez is my top scorer as I come towards the end of September, he's got six goals in nine games. I seem to be scoring less this season but after nine games in all competitions I am still undefeated - even though drawing with Tenerife away 0-0 feels like a loss.

Champions League is going incredibly well so far though to make up for that. I beat Shakter 5-0 on aggregate to make the group stages where I was drawn with AC Milan, Hamburg and Hadjuk Split. I managed to cause a major upset by beating Milan 1-0 away with five first team players on international duty. Riquelme had to play upfront and managed to grab the only goal of the game. Since then i've beaten everyone else with half the group games gone, 9 from 9 lovely stuff.

Currently second in the league due to being undefeated, but in two games time i'll have to return to the Nou Camp again to face Barca in a huge game. Hopefully my team can pull itself up for a big win there, and here is my team now:

1. Canizares - GK

2. Rafinhia - RB

3. Del Horno - LB

5. Woodgate - CB

6. Raul Abidal - CB

18. Nani - RM

19. Vicente - LM

8. Baraja - CM

16. Riquelme - CM

11. Tevez - CF

14. Pizzaro - CF

Oh yeah, Nani is down the right because Joaquin is out for 8 Months after fucking himself in a pre season match.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably a stupid question but whatever..

Is there a way of starting the season in 2007 or is that 100% impossible? Could i change the computer clock somehow? I'd like to download a squad update but don't really see a reason to do so if i can't update the time.

Newcastle. It probably is because I've won stuff, but only some players start wanting new challenges, one of which is a regen whose been with Newcastle his entire career, having been a youth player a few years ago. I'm actually starting to think that all players will eventually want a new challenge except those who have Newcastle as their favoured club.

Does anyone know what stat makes a player want a new challenge? All of a sudden I've had like 5 players wanting a new challenge and they've all been here for at least about 4-5 years. The only trend I can see between them is that they all have 12 or under Loyalty.

Double post FTW.

Started a new game as Newcastle with an update from January, so the squad was absolutely shit. Owen's out for 10 months and Ameobi's out for 7, so my strikeforce consisted of Martins, Sibierski and Luque (who would be needed to play left mid when Duff decided to break his ribs).

Started the game with a £15million transfer budget, but managed to get it up to around £28m by selling Parker, Sibierski and Bramble from the first and a load of reserve players. Started with the defence, signing Sonko from Reading (£1.8m), Steven Whittaker from Hibs (£2m) and Tomas Hrdlicka from Slavia Prague for about £250k. Kept hold of Carr, Babayaro and Olivier Bernard as backup, with Steven Taylor staying to partner Sonko at CB.

Completely overhauled my attack as well, getting Lita from Reading (£4m), Huntelaar (£6m + a load of add-ons), Taylor Twellman from New England (£2.5m) and Eduardo from Dinamo for £4.2m.

That left me around £9m or so to play with, so I signed a couple of players my scouts were recommending. Luka Modric came from Dinamo for £1.5m + a 30% sell on fee, whilst Lucas came from Gremio for £5.5m and another sell on fee, about 40% I think.

I've managed to get of a couple of the ridiculously high-earners out on almost 100% wages loans, Emre's gone to Fenerbahce and Butt's gone to Wigan. I'm also going to sell Owen once he recovers, he's on £80,000 per week which is ridiculous.

Won all my friendlies pretty convincingly, and we're through to the UEFA Cup proper after breezing through the Intertoto and the qualifying rounds. Martins scored 5 of our 10 goals on the way, and Lucas got Man of the Match in three of them.

The season started away at Fulham, managed a 1-1 draw after McBride scored late on to cancel out Twellman's debut goal. They missed a penalty early in the second half though, so we were lucky.

Another away match next because of the UEFA Cup qualifying, led Villa 2-1 up until the last minute when Angel scored an offside goal. We also had one ruled out for offside when it wasn't, but Hunterlaar scored both of ours so it wasn't so bad.

Best line i've seen on the game: "After your extravagent spending last season the Newcastle board have chosen to limit this season's transfer fund's to 79million"

:blink:

What was your previous budget!?

Best line i've seen on the game: "After your extravagent spending last season the Newcastle board have chosen to limit this season's transfer fund's to 79million"

:blink:

What was your previous budget!?

Edited by wozzi