Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am going to try and move my current game onto my laptop (I'm also trying the pictures to work on it)....but I don't know where the save games are kept on my PC!

I am going to try and move my current game onto my laptop (I'm also trying the pictures to work on it)....but I don't know where the save games are kept on my PC!

Should be in Documents and Settings\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\games

its a .fm file and if your game haa being going a while, it'll be huge

Grr. If a player fails a work permit, is there ANYTHING I can do to get him into my team?! Found a Ghanaian striker in Belgium, would've been fantastic to bolster my strikeforce ahead of the new season as he's young, impressive and above all cheap. Anderlecht accept my bid, he accepts his wages, and bam! Work permit denied, appeal does nothing. I did this two more times in the vain hope of it working on another try, but no dice.

Any help?!

FUCK! I started playing my Tottenham game again, and last saved half an hour ago. Since then, I've won three games, but I kept getting a 'Game could not be saved' message, so I've had to turn my 360 off an lose it! Bugger.

Anyway, I had a fucking stupid injury crisis, in the space of 10 days; Defoe and Berbatov got injured to join long term absentee Ghali, then Lennon breaks his jaw, Malbranque gets food poisoning, and Young-Pyo, Park and Mido all piss off to play internationally. As soon as those three return from internationals, Huntelaar and Zokora pick up short term injuries. HOW DOES THE GAME EXPECT ME TO FIELD A SIDE!?

So yeah, my FM session was going right well, then the injuries came. I DID well with them, winning those games then I get screwed again by the damn thing not saving!

Grr. If a player fails a work permit, is there ANYTHING I can do to get him into my team?! Found a Ghanaian striker in Belgium, would've been fantastic to bolster my strikeforce ahead of the new season as he's young, impressive and above all cheap. Anderlecht accept my bid, he accepts his wages, and bam! Work permit denied, appeal does nothing. I did this two more times in the vain hope of it working on another try, but no dice.

Any help?!

Should be in Documents and Settings\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\games

its a .fm file and if your game haa being going a while, it'll be huge

I got it on (having a 2GB Memory Stick helped), though I'm getting a message that it is using the default database not the one that I had been using....where should I import that from?

None of the small logos seem to work at continental level...which is kinda sucky...but I'll play around with it see if I can get it to work.

Just give up on trying to sign him if you cannot get a work permit. Otherwise you have to send him to an affliate for 3 or 4 years depending on what country to get citzenship and it's just not worth waiting that amount of time. The player may not develop as well at the affliate either. Might as well just try to find another player that doesn't require a permit to play.

Great result for my new look Madrid team we beat Valencia 7-1 on agg. in the Champs League Quarters and are through to the Semis against Spurs. Been bringing through so many youngsters at Madrid that my team has like no experience whatsoever so I'm very pleased to be performing so well. My top goalscorer is an english wonderkid of 2014 called Stephen Lea. Spent last season in League One with Norwich and had a very good time prompting me to through him straight in at the deep end and he has not let me down at all. Always seems to score the important goals such as the goal in a 1-0 away win.

Grr. Bloody work permits - the British legal system will rue the day it forced me to sign Marlon Harewood. RUE THE DAY!

You could have just waited till he'd been playing in Belgium long enough to get a Belgian passport - 3 or 4 years i think.

I love bargain shopping on this game. I've just spent around 200k on about 12 players, all under 20, and all heading for my (already crowded) reserve team (I've developed a tendency to build huge reserve squads, as my first team squads at a team like Forest are usually quite small). 10 of these 12 players came from Scandanavia, and are all extremely promising. I've found that Scandanavia has always been a promising place, on all the Football Manager games, for talented youth players, along with South America. I think it's one of the better features of the game that you can send your scouts to find such gems for next to nothing.

My scouts never find the type of players I want. I tell them to find youngsters and they give me shitty players, no matter what club. That's why I always scout by myself, go by every Brazilian team and the other major clubs in South American and I look for prospects. I don't really find Scandinavia that awesome, I've only taken like 2 players from Scandinavia that became really good. I prefer South America, Spain and England (oddly enough when you get further into the game English teams get a lot of Jamaican youngsters and they are pretty good).

Well fired up my Man Utd game, and finished my fourth season. Kinda disappointing, finishing 3rd in the Premiership behind Chelsea and Arsenal, and being knocked out of the CL in the quarters by Chelsea on away goals. The FA Cup thankfully made sure I didnt finish the season trophyless.

My main problem now is with youngsters. I spent the last 3 seasons buying nothing but youngsters, and a lot of them are ready to break into the first team. I seem to like filling my reserve team with promising midfielders, and now I have 4 established first teamers for 2 central positions, and 3 or 4 youngsters looking to get in there.

If I can finally get my hands on the Champions League, I think I might start another game as Cork City. League of Ireland is pretty tough, and disorientating with its schedule.

Who are you playing as? The only scouts I've used that consistently come up with good, cheap youth players are Arsenal's.

I'll never hire a scout with anything less than 16 in judging player ability and potential whilst I'm in the Premiership, and even when I'm in the lower leagues I'm hesitant about anyone with a rating under 14. It's so annoying to buy a player with a five star rating and a 'must buy' only for him to turn out to be utter gash.

You think that's annoying? On the PSP version EVERY SINGLE PLAYER is a "good purchase" or "excellent purchase". There are no bad players. <_>