Football Manager 2007

Dan

I finally played this game, My spurs were second all season before a late season slump on the part of Berbatov, Keane, Defoe...and well, all my strikers (except CROUCHALDINHO~!) saw us slip to third. I got offered the Australian national job after one season.

This season, I knocked back Liverpool's $10million offer for Aaron Lennon because, well, obvs you keep Lennon. But then he started arking up about not being let go, so, seeing the writing on the wall, I couldn't sell him for 15mill, but Liverpool ended up taking him for 12.

So my question is - What's a good sell price for Lennon? Did I do OK?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Patrick Kluivert is awesome.

Signed him on loan for Reading, 0% wages and no fee. It's January 2008, his pace is practically gone and he's not played a competitive game for roughly a season. Not expecting much but I gave him his debut against Blackburn, we've got two matches against Man Utd and Chelsea coming up and I wanted to rest my first choice strikers (Nugent and Doyle), so I went with Kluivert and Lita.

5th minute, he scores his first goal. Curls it past Friedel from just outside the area.

11th minute he sets up Lita, slipping the ball through the middle of Todd and O'Shea.

21st minute and he bags his second, heading home from a corner.

44th minute he completes his hat-trick, another header this time from Lita's cross.

Fuck this game :angry:

In my first season at Reading we finished fourth, but missed out on the Champions League because the winners (Man United) finished sixth. They got the CL spot and I went into the UEFA Cup.

Second season we finish fourth again, and this time Chelsea win the CL but finish fifth so they get the place instead of me.

Bunch of cunts.

Despite horrendously unfit players over two legs my new club Barca have won the Spanish Super Cup! Losing 1-0 away and winning 3-0 at home!

Now it's on to Mallorca.

In my first season at Reading we finished fourth, but missed out on the Champions League because the winners (Man United) finished sixth. They got the CL spot and I went into the UEFA Cup.

Second season we finish fourth again, and this time Chelsea win the CL but finish fifth so they get the place instead of me.

Bunch of cunts.

Bunch of cunts.

Welcome to the glass ceiling.

The big two keeping you down!

Bunch of cunts.

Welcome to the glass ceiling.

The big two keeping you down!

Edited by Kanegetshighbysmellinhisarmpits

So, just for laughs, I started a game as England to play just when bored/amused. Finished 2007's international fixtures, and I must just go on record to say that I bloody LOVE Darren Bent. Came on as a sub for Defoe in the friendly with Greece, scored twice. Since then, in only FIVE international appearances (including the Greece game) he's notched up a whopping 15 goals, including putting 5 past FYR Macedonia in a stunning 11-0 win at Old Trafford.

In other England news, Wayne Rooney returned to action after his suspension against Croatia and was on the field for 3 minutes before elbowing Igor Tudor in the face and getting sent off - he is now banned for 4 games. D'oh. Big hugs on sticks for Stewart Downing, Aaron Lennon and Jonathan Woodgate, who have all done very well in their England jerseys and are giving me selection headaches, whilst it must be said that Ashley Young is the best utility man we have - not only can he play on the wing and set up Crouchy for headers (Croatia) but he can play as a third forward and score in his own right (Holland) as well!

My current first-choice England line-up would be as follows...

GK - Paul Robinson

DR - Gary Neville/Jamie Carragher (one is invariably injured <_<)

DL - Wayne Bridge (came in for Ashley Cole after Cole had a DREADFUL game against FYR Macedonia, and has won his place)

DC - Jonathan Woodgate

DC - John Terry

DM - Owen Hargreaves/Joey Barton (Barton replaced an injured Hargreaves for the Croatia game and did well, he's now my second-choice ahead of Carrick for this role)

MR - Steven Gerrard/Aaron Lennon (tends to depend on if/where I'm playing Gerrard/Lampard to be honest, Lennon is more than good enough however)

ML - Stewart Downing (utterly kicks Joe Cole's tail in this position, most assists of any player in international football since July 06 at this point)

MC - Frank Lampard/Steven Gerrard (they can't play together <_<)

FC - Peter Crouch

FC - Darren Bent

Subs tend to be - Ben Foster, Jamie Carragher/Micah Richards (see above), Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole, Ashley Young, Michael Carrick, Jermain Defoe/Andy Johnson

England are winning Euro 2008. :)

When Michael Owen is fit will you put him in the squad? Yeah, i've found that Bents a goal machine when I signed him for my Newcastle side to go up front with Kevin Doyle. They knocked in 25 a peice. I'm thinking of just simming 30 years and seeing where every club is and their histroy and what happens in the Leagues, has anyone done that before. Are the results interesting, or do the teams stay in relatively the same areas?

Owen will be fit in time for a few friendly games in autumn '07 that I've scheduled, South Korea and Switzerland being the two big ones. I'll play him in those, plus the return game against Andorra if he's fit, and from there we'll see if he's still got his striking boots. The thing is that obviously, being out for 10 months in-game means that your stats are going to take an absolute nose-dive, so the question with Owen is whether he can train them back up again. Hopefully he can.

Something of a question, after the Holland game - noticed that the Dutch national team suffers from the same irritating thing as the German one, where no real players exist in the national team for some reason. I can't remember why that is, was it a licensing issue? So yeah, answer that for me, and maybe also tell me which other teams, if any, suffer from said issue. 'Cos it's silly.

Michael Bridges is awesome... against you. Sign him and he's the biggest crock of shit since Stephen Crainey.That being said, if he'd have stayed fit throughout his career he'd have been an England international, I remember the year he first was at Leeds and set the premier league on fire. :( Good times, good times.

Oh how I have missed THIAGO RIBERIO!!!!!!

The man is just 26 and is my second highest scorer at Barca, to 22 year old Swede Goran Slavkovski, who has 12 in 12. Eto'o can only get into the squad when Thiago is off on international duty or we're playing a crappy team...

Speaking of which we beat Las Palmas 7-0 in the Copa Del Rey and....they had BOTH keepers sent off. The first choice went in 4 mins and the second went sometime in the second half. I had never seen it before!