Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fucking Moore has such a hard time with finishing. He can barely beat the keeper, usually just scoring one of many chances made by Pizarro and Young. And Owen always shits up an easy chance, it seems. Added to the fact that Gordon always gives rebounds to the opponents, I keep drawing easy games.

And Newcastle don't want to transfer list Given and won't accept my offers either.

Anybody else had their images fuck up for seemingly no reason? Say you're my team screen (which is now New York Red Bulls). I have the background logo on the left, and the other competition logo on the left. But then on the right, the background logo isn't what it should be, and the foreground logo is a default one, yet I have all the configs going to the right places.

nyrb.jpg

The background image on the right isn't even on my computer, unless it's a stretched logo from the 'huge' folder. Anybody know what's up?

The kits don't show up either. What the fuck.

And I've reloaded images before that's suggested :P.

Edited by Thomas

As far as i can remember the MLS is a licensed league in FM 2007 so all the logo's should be correctly in the game.

When you go to the title bar images folder is the New York logo there at all?

It looks as if its a regular logo and not a title bar logo as well.

Yeah, I have no idea what it could be since the only NYRB logo I have that isn't a glassy effect is in the 'huge' folder :/.

title bar images all in the right folder...

nyrbbackground.jpg

???

edit: I have already reloaded the skin... skin cache had been unticked since forever.

Edited by Thomas

Does anyone know how to change the names of German clubs back to their original (eg Gelsenkirchen to Schalke)?

I've done it for the french clubs by deleting the fake files, but can't find it for Germany.

Patch 7.0.2 by the way

Logos:

Program Files > Football Manager 2007 > Data > Graphics > Pictures > Logos > Normal > Clubs > USA > MLS

To me the image looks like a large logo so you could try moving from the normal folder to the large folder.

And of course the background titlebar logo's should be in

Program Files > Football Manager 2007 > Data > Graphics > Pictures > Logos > Background > Left or Right > Clubs > USA > MLS

Started a new game as the Columbus Crew to see how long it'll take to get a good job in Europe. Somehow managed to trade a fantastic young middie prospect for Landon Donovan and a first round pick. GO CREW GO LOLZLOLZOLOZLofioahjfaoijfaifj.

Yeah the team sucks if the player isn't Landon.

Logos:

Program Files > Football Manager 2007 > Data > Graphics > Pictures > Logos > Normal > Clubs > USA > MLS

To me the image looks like a large logo so you could try moving from the normal folder to the large folder.

Program Files > Football Manager 2007 > Data > Graphics > Pictures > Logos > Background > Left or Right > Clubs > USA > MLS

Ergh I got bored and started swapping teams around the different leagues to try and interest myself, I took all the big teams out of the premiership and shoved them in the conference and conf. n & s and then moved lots of other teams up and down divisions and some teams across the world into various leagues. It's a different type of game now and quite interesting. I would have expected either Bolton or Villa to step up to the plate and lead the premiership without the likes of Everton, Spurs, Newcastle and the big 4 but it is in fact Charlton that are on their way to glory! Oh well next season will be interesting as it looks like Auxerre and New York will be joining them possibly with Boavista. Conference is like an ultimate league nowadays with Milan leading the way. Also Oxford surprsingly somehow are leading Serie A!! Despite Inter, Roma and Lazio still being there.

Why have my team turned shit all of a sudden? I started a new game managing Barca, and we were doing great, 2nd in the league, 16/18 points in the group stages of the champions league, Spanish Super Cup winners, European Super Cup winners, Club World Championship winners, and into the quarter finals of the Spanish cup. Great. Then for no reason at all they've started doing shit.

I've gone from having 55% of the possession in most games and having 20 shots per game, to having 43-44% of the possession and having 7 shots per game, 5 of which are off target. Instead of winning games 3-1 or 4-2, I'm now losing them 1-0 or 2-0, so I think it's mainly my strike force that's suffering. Which I can understand somewhat seeing as Eider Gudjohnson couldn't hit a double decker bus and Saviola/Eto'o are as inconsistent as any strikers I've ever come across.

All my coaches have average or light workloads, and all the categories are 5*, my players are all on heavy training schemes, could that be a problem? Only thing is I find anything less than that and they tend to drop in stats, or at least that was the case at Leeds. Should I drop the training methods down a notch.

Also, does training players for a new position effect anything? I've only tried it in this game, but I've tried to teach a couple of my fringe players some new positions so that my cover is more effective. But will this affect their training progress?

Could it be that teams have adapted to my style and formation, and thus I need to change things around? If so, won't that unsettle the formation?

Why have my team turned shit all of a sudden? I started a new game managing Barca, and we were doing great, 2nd in the league, 16/18 points in the group stages of the champions league, Spanish Super Cup winners, European Super Cup winners, Club World Championship winners, and into the quarter finals of the Spanish cup. Great. Then for no reason at all they've started doing shit.

I've gone from having 55% of the possession in most games and having 20 shots per game, to having 43-44% of the possession and having 7 shots per game, 5 of which are off target. Instead of winning games 3-1 or 4-2, I'm now losing them 1-0 or 2-0, so I think it's mainly my strike force that's suffering. Which I can understand somewhat seeing as Eider Gudjohnson couldn't hit a double decker bus and Saviola/Eto'o are as inconsistent as any strikers I've ever come across.

Try shortening your passing and slowing the tempo of your team down, a good team like Barca should be able to knock the ball around a bit, looking for an opening, have your best passing midfielder play through balls often and put Eto'o to make forward runs often (same for Gudjohnson and Saviola if their pace and acceleration stats are better than the defender they are up against)

All my coaches have average or light workloads, and all the categories are 5*, my players are all on heavy training schemes, could that be a problem? Only thing is I find anything less than that and they tend to drop in stats, or at least that was the case at Leeds. Should I drop the training methods down a notch.

I find knocking down to the last notch that it'll say medium usually works and make specific schemes for each postional group (I use defenders, def mids, att mids and strikers) concentrating on the skills they need

Also, does training players for a new position effect anything? I've only tried it in this game, but I've tried to teach a couple of my fringe players some new positions so that my cover is more effective. But will this affect their training progress?

This only really ever works well with players under 24 and with a high versatility stat, unfortunate versatility is hidden :( and it shouldn't affect their progress.

Could it be that teams have adapted to my style and formation, and thus I need to change things around? If so, won't that unsettle the formation?

Only make small minor tweaks if your tactic has worked before, then it should unsettle the team that much as changing your whole system.

Logos:

I'm not sure what you mean here. To me it looks like something fundamental in the way things are being linked or whatever. This screen will demonstrate:

nybr3.jpg

My 'normal' logos in my MLS folder are all in the mould of the Colombus Crew badge.

My 'background' logos in my MLS folder are in the mould of the NYRB background.

My 'small' logos all work fine, no problems.

My kits are all in the mould of Columbus Crew.

So why are they choosing which show up? They're all in the same folders and configured in the same way, so you think they'd either all show correctly, or none.....

:blink: