Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I put an 8m bid in for Malouda, rejected. Put a 12m bid in and never heard back :(

I'm semi-tempted to start a new game with the Spanish and Italian leagues as playable, and maybe the French and German leagues too, and perhaps Argentinian and Brazilian just because. I have a game with the Spanish and Italian leagues view-only, but for whatever reason that means I don't get to see the end of season awards, or season summary or anything. And if I were to start this game, I'd have to play with the Serie B on, because on my old game (lasted 3 seasons) and this game so far (7 seasons), Juventus STILL haven't been promoted once. That really pisses me off. The teams that get promoted to Serie A and La Liga just seem to be completely random and it annoys me. Clearly I need a faster machine >_<

Saying that I probably won't start a new game, at least not yet. Thing is, I can only manage in the Premiership or Championship. To be honest, the Championship just isn't for me, I like the glitz and glamour of the Premiership more. And the problem with the Premiership is, even though my reputation is world-class and I've won the league twice, Man United and Arsenal both turned me down when looking for new managers. I know I won't want to stay with Liverpool forever - quite frankly I'm tired of them now - but I won't leave for anybody lower than say Man City, who have established themself as a solid top five side now. And it's hard to leave at all when these clubs just reject you. So I can see myself getting bored, and I might start a new game, but it'd piss me off, having to start afresh and undoing seven years of development :@

Roy Keane left Sunderland to rot in the Championship and took Ferguson's place at Man Utd.

And my super awesome prospect named Juan Candela that I bought from Valencia is getting a bunch of attention from teams like Arsenal and Real Madrid. It's that argentinian prospect all over again, just that this one's staying. Along with my spanish goalkeeping prospect and the 2 turkish defenders I got on frees, who are getting as much attention.

And in my game with only Serie A, Juventus got promoted right away. Since then they've been pretty much going to the UEFA cup every year, usually just making it. This year they didn't, though. It's the curse I gave them for not selling Chiellini to me. >_>

I just qualified for the 2010 World Cup with New Zealnd, and this is the proudest achievement of my Football Managing life. I have to face Fiji in the prelims which is a pece of cake, win the first game 3-0 and the second 7-0. Then in the biggie, I take on China in a two legged match. The first match I win 1-0 in a game they shoud have really won but my goalkeeper had a blinder. the scond game, they are winning 1-0 at the end of the game so we go to extra time and in the 107 min, my AM Chris James scores a beauty from just outside the box. Fuck yeah.

P.S. I'd really like to get in on an online game but I wouldn't want to do that whole Hamatchi and I only have 7.0. So if your interested and know how the whole online sitch works then reply here or send me a PM. Cheers

So who did the most cheating? >_>

And who did everyone else buy, generally, since the game isn't up.

I signed the awesome Bolo Zenden for £1m.

In less important news Gabby Heinze and Momo Sissoko, collectively known as "the cunts", refused to join me.

So, I still need a good left back, a good left winger, a good centre back and (maybe) a new striker.

Edited by Sam