Your Favourite Shows That Have Been Cancelled

Guest mAXi

Clerks: The Animated Series (only lasted 1 season)

Dark Angel (only lasted 2 seasons)

Futurama (around 5 seasons, but returning in 2008)

For sitcoms, I loved watching Full House as a child. I always felt it should have had a proper ending, instead of being canceled.

Clerks didn't even last it's full first season as ABC barely aired any of the eight episodes.

As for Dark Angel, I loved that show in season one, but I was actually glad it died after the horrid second season. Everything that made the show good was scrapped for the second season and they brought in Joshua, the walking dog with the retard's mind. Uggghhh.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably been mentioned as it's fucking awesome, but I can't be bothered to check the thread, yawn.

Firefly - Lasted 12 televised episodes, plus 2 more that they didn't show/showed out of sequence after it'd already been cancelled. This is the main reason why FOX fucking suck. Firefly was easily the most innovative, exciting, and fresh TV show in the past 5 years, probably the best thing on TV since Buffy and Angel started. Whedon really is the man, and the network did him a great disservice here by simply not getting it, and not even trying to. The DVD sales alone showed that there is an audience for smart science-fiction, and the idea to mix the space opera style with the pioneering spirit of Westerns was a stroke of utter, unbridled genius. I don't think I've met a single person who has seen the show and not liked it, and the worst thing I've ever heard about it was from my mum, who claimed it was "really good, but not as good as Buffy" but I think that's just because she fancied Tony Head.

Serenity was awesome, but given its okayish box office takings I doubt there'll be another, which is a damn shame because it's brilliant, the TV show was brilliant, and the actors were all brilliant as well. Ron Glass was a masterstroke, Jewel Staite is a zillion times more sweet than Alyson Hannigan's Willow, and Nathan Fillion is like Han Solo x100, and is probably the best leading man of any TV show of the past few years, with only Hugh Laurie in House offering any real competition IMO. Loved each and every episode, everything about it was clever, sensible, and well-written, and it's a damn shame it had to die.

So yeah, FOX sucks.

Edited by Sephiroth Clone

Ron Glass was a masterstroke, Jewel Staite is a zillion times more sweet than Alyson Hannigan's Willow, and Nathan Fillion is like Han Solo x100, and is probably the best leading man of any TV show of the past few years, with only Hugh Laurie in House offering any real competition IMO. Loved each and every episode, everything about it was clever, sensible, and well-written, and it's a damn shame it had to die.

Guest This is classic Ringy

FREAKS AND GEEKS. Seriously, that show was pure awesome, it was funny, touching and well-acted all at once, and if people think FOX gave some of its shows the short end of the stick, NBC completely raped this one by putting it on Saturday nights, airing the episodes in bad order, relaunching the show on Mondays between NBA games and then moving the show's airtime once a week for about a month until it was cancelled. I loved this show, and it's 18 episodes are still great some 6-7 years later :(

That and Firefly, Angel, Arrested Development, Popular, Wonderfalls and I may as well add Always Sunny in Philadelphia if it doesn't get renewed.

I failed to mention Sons And Daughters which aired as a mid season replacement last year, was partly improvised, and was all kinds of great. A very funny show that was on in a bad timeslot where it really had no chance to succeed.

I also want to second Undeclared, which was amongst my favorite shows the season it aired. Fun fun fun.

I'll fourth Teachers, even though I didn't see from Series 4 onwards for whatever reason, despite loving the series' previous.

It's such a shame that I've got into Arrested Development so late when I know that it's cancelled because it really is one of the best things I've ever watched.

Everwood

Man it hurt when this was canned. I liked the show since it started but season 4 sucked me in and had me the entire way. It was so well paced and interesting I just couldn't get enough. The show's promotion of moral's and family was a refreshing perspective for a tv series. I really miss it a lot and wish we still had it today.