The Sports Betting thread

Liam

Never trust Chris Kamara, Ladbrokes customers.

I usually just put an accumulator on for the weekend's games. I'll go for 5 or 6 games, but it doesn't bring me much luck. I've only won on an accumulator once, that was betting on the big 4 and the Old Firm to win, got £6.54 back from £1.

Won well last weekend, got 9 out of the 10 teams I bet on (all split up into smaller bets) winning. Always bet against Stranraer. >_>

Spent a free tenner PaddyPower gave me on a special accy they had. Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea to win 5/2. Wirth the risk seeing as you can't get your stake bet.

You said they were split? So how much did you make off them dude?

So I took my slips up and it was fine, had £4 on them. At least I had only forgotten about them in a drawer and not put them through the wash like I did a while back. >_>

It sucks, I have to go to bed early for work since I start at 5am so I'm missing all the evening games midweek that I might bet on and/or watch. And I can't tape them because the results are all over the newspapers that we sell. I've missed two 4-4 draws in the last 2 weeks. >_<

Still, I'm probably saving myself a bit of money at least. :P

Edited by Scott McFly

Won well last weekend, got 9 out of the 10 teams I bet on (all split up into smaller bets) winning. Always bet against Stranraer. >_>

Spent a free tenner PaddyPower gave me on a special accy they had. Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea to win 5/2. Wirth the risk seeing as you can't get your stake bet.

You said they were split? So how much did you make off them dude?

£80 or so.

Accumulator on:

Arsenal to beat Middlesbrough

Aston Villa to beat Bolton

Liverpool to beat Hull

Man Utd. to beat Tottenham

Chelsea to beat West Ham

Wolves to beat Barnsley

Derby to beat Charlton

I'll win £49.95 from £1.

A quid on these 8, just over 100 quid it would bag me. I bet two lose.

Liverpool to beat Newcastle.

Juventus to beat Lecce.

Roma to beat Chievo.

Milan to beat Catania.

Swansea to beat Blackpool.

Monaco to beat Auxerre.

Plymouth to beat Barnsley.

Villarreal to beat Sevilla.

Man Utd to beat Boro

Arsenal to beat Pompey

Chelsea to beat Fulham

Spurs to beat WBA

P'Boro to beat Swindon

Leeds to beat Northampton

MK Dons to beat Hereford

Leicester to beat Crewe

8 teams is a bit much for me but £100 off £1 if they come in. Think it's too obvious for it to actually happen though.

A few bets for me today....

£2 accumulator:

Man United to beat Boro

Arsenal to beat Portsmouth

Chelsea to beat Fulham

Man City to beat Blackburn

Return: about £20.60ish

£2 accumulator:

MK Dons to beat Hereford

Millwall to beat Carlisle

Leicester to beat Crewe

Return: £37.00

£2 single:

Mark allen to reach World Championship final

Return: £80

Man Utd to beat Boro 2-0

Arsenal to beat Pompey 3-0

Chelsea to beat Fulham 3-1

Spurs to beat WBA 1-0

P'Boro to beat Swindon 2-2

Leeds to beat Northampton 3-0

MK Dons to beat Hereford 1-0

Leicester to beat Crewe 3-0

8 teams is a bit much for me but £100 off £1 if they come in. Think it's too obvious for it to actually happen though.

....DAMN YOU PETERBOROUGH!!

Edited by IAceI

I also had this free bet thing with Ladrbokes. They give you 5 games and you have to guess the scores. I went with:

Chelsea 3-1 Fulham

Portsmouth 0-2 Arsenal

Spurs 2-0 WBA

Carlisle 1-2 Millwall

Orient 1-1 Huddersfield

So yeah, I got two right. All five right was a grand. Two right has given me a free millionaire bet, whatever that is. >_>

2.50 on Arsenal, single. WIN

2.50 on Wigan and Man City, double. UGH, WIGAN

5.00 on Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs, treble. WIN

I'll be looking at about 35 quid in return if they all come off. Not bad as all were quite strong favourites.

I'll be picking up around £21 later from that. I still have the Murphy bet going in the snooker as well. I put £1 on him at 14/1 at the beginning of the tournament, and now he's in the final. The way Higgins is playing, I don't think Murphy's gonna win though. :(

Haven't been betting in the last couple of months, but figured I should make the effort since there's only a few weeks of football left. So I stuck £11 total on games from yesterday and upcoming ones at the weekend. Since I have to be up at 3.45am for work, I put an accumulator on the early ko's on Thursday (some Finland games I think and Shakhtar), which didn't come off, but I stuck a cheeky quid on 2-1 Shakhtar at 15/2, so that's most of it made back already. :P

As for the rest:

£3 double - Man United, Inverness (potential £7.98)

£3 treble - Blackburn, Wigan, St Mirren (potential £36.23)

£1 sections - Liverpool, Inverness, Everton/Spurs draw, Dundee, Millwall (potential £52.65)

So I'd be delighted with either of the latter two, but even with the first one I'm in profit so I'd take that.

Stuck a random 50p on Kuyt and Benayoun both to score against West Ham. Meh, why not?

£1 on Spurs, Liverpool, Sevilla, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich all to win. £30ish return. There's not a great deal out there, Spurs to beat Everton away is probably the riskiest of the lot but also the one that makes the bet worthwhile.

I would be having a bet today, but the Betfred site is down at the minute. :(

EDIT: Only a fiver going on today. £1 on Sunderland to beat Bolton 1-0 at 17/2. £2 on Hull/Kilmarnock double (about £10 back) and £2 on Blackburn/Aston Villa double (about £12 back).

No big gains today, but with not much lower league stuff going on, and the big PL/Scottish teams playing each other, it's hard to put together a decent accumulator.

Edited by Baddarmir Kozlov

£3 double - Man United, Inverness (potential £7.98)

£3 treble - Blackburn, Wigan, St Mirren (potential £36.23)

£1 sections - Liverpool, Inverness, Everton/Spurs draw, Dundee, Millwall (potential £52.65)

Middle one's gone tits up, but I've got the last 3 results in the 3rd one there, with Liverpool playing tonight and Inverness tomorrow. Shame I didn't call the Everton/Spurs draw in the EWB Bookie too. >_>

Had Fulham, Blackburn, Motherwell.....only for Hull to let me down.

It pisses me off, because if I did just singles, I'd probably be up, since my strike rate seems to be over 50%, and all my bets are for teams at Evens or above.