The Sports Betting thread

Liam

Well, the stip is 'no WWE superstar may interfere or else they will be fired'.

Big Show's already been fired and Brock quit, so I expect one of them to get involved in the finish.

I need someone to explain something to me, because I'm useless when it comes to betting.

I see all these things saying "get __ free bet if your first bet is at evens or greater". Now, is evens or greater something that's 1/2 or 2/1? As...yeah, I really have no clue what I'm doing <_<

Look at it as a decimal way. Evens is 1/1 which is 1.00. 2/1 is 2 divided by 1, which is 2.00. 1/2 is 1 divided by 2 which is 0.5. Your winnings will be your stake multiplied by the decimal value + your stake back.

So anything which gives a value greater than 1/1 or 1.00 is greater than evens. 1/2 is less than evens and 2/1 is greater than evens.

• Like 1

More than 1/1. If you think of 1/1 as 1 divided by 1 you will find it easier. 2/1 = 2, 1/2 = 0.5, therefore you want to be going in the direction of the bigger number :shifty:

It was nice of Bet365 to pay me on Vaz Te to score two or more yesterday. If not slightly racist.

My U2.5 bet came in but Gomez AT didn't (shockingly in hindsight)

I also lost on Chilean football but won on MLS and Argentinean football over night. All in all I'm probably more or less back where I began. The joys of gambling.

Thank god the IPL ends this week, its killing me.

Some boxing on at the weekend so I'll have a crack at that.

Froch to knock out Bute at 8/1 i'll have a bit of that, I love Froch and he is not a play for points fighter and he will be spurred on by the home crowd. Plus for me he is the real life Rocky Balboa

Ali Adams to beat Audley Harrison 7/4. I don't know Adams but I know "A-Force" and that is enough for me.

Thinking of an accy of Holland (Vs. Slovakia), Sweden (Vs. Iceland), Spain (Vs. South Korea) and Azerbaijan (Vs. Andorra) for tonight's friendlies. Not sure which way Brazil/USA will go, mainly because you never know what team Brazil will field.