What music are you listening to?

Benji

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got Matt Costa's "Songs We Sing" album today and it's really great. I listened few songs of the newest album from Youtube a while ago and i didn't like them at all so this was a pleasant surprise as i rarely buy albums i'm not really familiar with. I'm not usually a huge fan of this kind of music, but i loved "Astair" ever since i heard it on Chuck sometime in third season. Surprisingly good album.

Also bought new Stratovarius album "Elysium" but haven't got time to listen it yet. Maybe i'll edit about it later on.

Just listening to Metallica's much-derided St. Anger album for the first time in years. You know, it's not actually that bad. Sure, the production is weird, especially the drums, but many of the songs are really rocking. For example, "Frantic" is just an awesome, straight-forward metal tune, and as a bass player I just love the bass lines on "Some Kind Of Monster". Other songs I like include "Dirty Window", "My World" and "Sweet Amber". While far from perfect, I think St. Anger deserves much more respect than it gets.

James Blake's new album is currently holding my iPod hostage. The bass on "Limit to Your Love" is fucking killer. Or maybe that's just synths, I don't know :shifty: It sounds good in a car with a sub-woofer.

Oh, and Crystal Castles. I'm really hoping I get to see them this year at Bonnaroo.

Just listening to Metallica's much-derided St. Anger album for the first time in years. You know, it's not actually that bad. Sure, the production is weird, especially the drums, but many of the songs are really rocking. For example, "Frantic" is just an awesome, straight-forward metal tune, and as a bass player I just love the bass lines on "Some Kind Of Monster". Other songs I like include "Dirty Window", "My World" and "Sweet Amber". While far from perfect, I think St. Anger deserves much more respect than it gets.

While I didn't like the album much after hearing the first couple times, I do agree that it's an underrated album. Personally my favorite track is "All Within My Hands".

FYE was going out of business, so I've picked up a couple albums. One I got is Applaud The Impaler "Anthrophagi" EP. Good, very brutal pounding deathcore.

While I didn't like the album much after hearing the first couple times, I do agree that it's an underrated album. Personally my favorite track is "All Within My Hands".

Have you heard the acoustic version of that song that they played at the Bridgeport School benefit concert? It's pretty nifty. They also did a killer version of "Disposable Heroes" there.