What games to get? PS2/XBox

Timmoru Suzuki

Ok, i'm a week into my year (at least) out from college/university, and i'm bored. Until I get a job I have hardly any money, but to stop me getting bored I can buy any game for the PS2 or XBox.

I am tempted to take advantage of various summer sales, and platinum ranges and get 2/3 games, so feel free to reccomend a few older games.

I want something to get stuck into, to last a while, but i'll happily admit to not being the sharpest tool in the box, so nothing invloving too much thinking - a bit of a puzzle I can handle. Dont mind sports games (they are my fav actually, just want to try something different).

Was thinking of Smash Court 2 (liked the first, and enjoy a good tennis game) for the PS2, OR Ninja Gaiden for the X-Box, but not sure on that - the thinking aspect again :(, but mostly because it may not be my kind of game.

OR I could get one of the Unreal Championship games for the XBox for a £10, then get a couple of other platinum range games/on sale games for either console. This is preferred, as I can get a few games to get stuck into, and Unreal would make a nice no brainer deathmatch, to complement Halo's strategic approach.

Undecided on the new Legends of Wrestling game, and Driver3 has had bad reviews.

So, reccomend a PS2 or XBox game, or a few older ones - expcecially ones in platinum ranges (I can get a few games then), or ones that are in sales. No RPG's, and nothing with too much puzzle solving. I have Halo and Knights of the Old Republic.

Help appreciated

Edited by timmayy

for ps2 i reccomend I-Ninja this is a fun challenging addictiv game

Manhunt is good I still haven't completed it

maybe the newest james bond game

from what i hear spiderman 2 is good spiderman 1 is decent

and for xbox either breakdown or halo

Morrowind-The game of the year addition for Xbox. Similiar to Halo but much more harder and takes a lot more thinking. Great graphics.

Cheers for all the help. I chose Ninja Gaiden for the X-Box (haven't actually played on it yet), and picked 'Unreal Championship' up for £7. I've been playing on that mostly.

Thanks again, and i'll remember all your suggestions for the next time I have any money!

I've been wanting to buy a new game for a while now, but I havn't really followed what been going on in the games world so I'm in the same situation as timmayy, do any of you have any good websites where they have reviews on because I want to but a game soon?

game rankings

Type in the title of any game that takes your fancy and voila! it will give you its average ranking plus links to all of the reviews.

Edited by Quom

My recommendations (all PS2 - I don't have an Xbox):

War Of The Monsters.

Tekken Tag Tournament or Tekken 4 (both Greatest Hits games)

Mortal Combat Deadly Alliance (also a Greatest Hits game)

Morrowind-The game of the year addition for Xbox. Similiar to Halo but much more harder and takes a lot more thinking. Great graphics.

First of all, he said no RPGs, or I'd have recommended Xenosaga, which Riceman 4k did. Second of all, I have to disagree with getting Morrowind for the Xbox. Morrowind is a good game, but if you're going to get it, PC is the way to go. There are a lot of good player-made mods for it that you can download for free online. (One of my favorites added magical arrows and shuriken, and another let you use two swords at once)

Edited by GhostMachine

Mashed for PS2. Literally the best 4 player game on PS2, and that includes PES. I'm fully addicted to it, as are all my mates, only problem is lack of drinking time due to non stop action. Plus it now sponsors Pimp My Ride on MTV, which makes it even better.

Got GTA3 for the PS2. To be honest, I could never get into Vice City

I'm not really getting into Ninja Gaiden either. WHATS THE MATTER WITH ME???

Guest Evil Bill

Here is a list of relatively new games that I would personally reccomend.

Onimusha 3

James Bond: Everything or Nothing

Culdcept

Kareoke Revolution

Space Channel 5: SE

Need for Speed: Underground

SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (but get a headset)

Tony Hawk's Underground

SSX3

DDRMAX2 (You'll need a dance pad, but this is endless fun)

Soul Calibur II

Virtual Fighter 4: Evolution (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best fighting game EVER.)

Splinter Cell 1 & 2

Xenosaga

Guilty Gear X2

La Pucelle: Tactics

Maximo vs. Army of Zin (Warning: Incredibly freaking hard)

Fatal Frame 1 & 2

Manhunt

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Silent Hill 3

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

Ape Escape 2

.hack// 1-4

Dark Cloud 2

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

Grand Theft Auto: Double Pack