Saturday/Wednesday's Euro Qualifier thread

Liam

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That England game was awful, fucking horrible. Guess it wasn't Sven after all, it was actually the England side! Shock! Lamps neds to be dropped along with Downing. But then who plays? Gerrard is out. So, SWP on the right and then... Bridge on the left? King in the middle holding role? I dunno, but Lamps needs a kicking up the bum.

Not wanting to be a Lampard or Downing apologist, but the whole midfield was pretty poor, but people seem to be giving Gerrard a pass just because he hit the bar. On the whole, we made too few chances, and there was little ball retention in the midfield by all four men.

I think the comment of 'Sporting are the best gay club in Portugal' pretty much hit the nail on the head. And those awful strips. I'm not sure why, but I seem to have a natural hatred for them. (¬_¬)

And I thought the shoulder was not hand ball, people use their shoulders all the time. They're also used extensively in tricks. The referee could still interpret it as a handball if he didn't see it clearly.

And since we're posting random links to 'brilliance', let's watch some real brilliance (note: Celtic fans may not find it as brilliant): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V51IzMuTlpg. It's amazing how he wasn't called up to the German squad more often, but I suppose it just emphasizes how good the Germans were at that point (Euro96 winners).

More random: I actually have a £2 coin commemorating Euro96. This was when a £2 was like 'WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!'.

The shoulder is technically a handball. The only time you see it used in tricks is outside of matches.

Handball pretty much just incorporates any part of the arm, which I guess the shoulder falls into.

Collarbone's ok though, right?! :mellow:

Collarbone goes more towards the chest and isn't really anything to do with the physical part of the arm, so yeah, probably.

Shoulder's generally always get done for handball.

I'd need to find the rules somewhere to make sure >_>

EDIT: I also think they tend to be given more for hitting the "front" of the shoulder, rather than on top of it, but meh.

Edited by liamwannabe

The shoulder is technically a handball. The only time you see it used in tricks is outside of matches.

Handball pretty much just incorporates any part of the arm, which I guess the shoulder falls into.

Collarbone goes more towards the chest and isn't really anything to do with the physical part of the arm, so yeah, probably.

Shoulder's generally always get done for handball.

I'd need to find the rules somewhere to make sure >_>

EDIT: I also think they tend to be given more for hitting the "front" of the shoulder, rather than on top of it, but meh.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesAndRegulat...ALawsOfTheGame/.

Very interesting. I also noticed a lot of pitch-side signs advertising for football refereeing recently. One of you needs to become a referee and end all disputes here. (¬_¬)

Unless I'm reading it wrong, it doesn't specify, it just goes on about "handling" the ball.

Arms should be OK! :shifty: