Get The 'F' Back in

DaveKOTW

WRESTLING AROUND THE WORLD
COLE GET'S A NEW ROLE

WWF fans have come to know Michael Cole as the lead announcer for WWF Smackdown, a role which has held since the show's inception in 1999. As of this week, Cole has a new title to his resume: Managing Editor of WWF.com

Now, you may be wondering…how did an announcer find himself in such a position? “I’ve been here nearly 6 years, and when I started, I ran a division in live events called Slamjams. And of course, I’ve been doing SmackDown since its debut, so I’ve been around,” said Cole. “The WWF board of directors came to me and asked me if I’d like to be part of a new project to make WWF.com more interactive and on the edge; they thought I could contribute positively, and I think it will be a good fit.”

So what does Michael Cole promise for the future of WWF.com. Well Michael Cole has stressed that he and the board want growth. “I want WWF.com to be slick, entertaining and emotional, but above all, I want it to be a must-read website. When you wake up in the morning, I want WWF.com to be the first website you visit. I want to have headlines that grab your attention, stories that move you and things you never thought you’d see on WWF.com. Coming from my background, I hope to make an immediate impact.” The background Cole refers to is his impressive pre-WWE resume. A graduate of Syracuse University’s Newhouse School of Communications, one of the most prestigious and highly regarded journalism programs in America, Cole spent nearly a decade working in news radio prior to coming to WWE.

“After I graduated from Newhouse, I worked for CBS News for almost a decade,” Cole told me during our chat. “Among other things, I’ve covered three presidential campaigns, the Branch Davidian standoff and the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995. I’ve been stationed everywhere, from New York to Mexico City to Sarajevo, and I know what it takes to succeed.” Cole believes that his influence will have a two-fold effect on the WWF.com team. “Firstly, I think I can help the creative team at .com become even more creative, so to speak. I live and breathe this business, and hopefully I can help the team better understand the emotion and passion. I’ll be at all televised events, so I can provide a unique perspective from the show. I'll also be a liaison between the boys and the .com team.”

All in all, Cole is very excited about his new role. Cole truely believes that he, together with the .com team, can make WWF.com the most exciting interactive experience any wrestling fan has ever had.

Credit - WWF.com

Edited by DaveKOTW

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rawlogo.jpg

WWF RAW

Shock!

March 4th, 2002

Opening Segment

Jerry Lawler comes out to the ring to kick off the show. He said that ever since he became the Co Owner of the World Wrestling Federation, all he has ever wanted to do was make the WWF a better product; but Vince McMahon has repeatedly stopped him from doing that. Lawler said if that wasn’t enough, Vince then blames him when anything goes wrong within the company; Lawler said this has to stop; it’s going to stop. Lawler said that after last week’s embarrassment on Smackdown, he went to the board of directors and put forward a suggestion; one that would allow both Vince and himself to do their jobs without each other standing in each others way. Lawler said that what he has suggested that the World Wrestling Federation’s roster be split into two brands. RAW being one brand and Smackdown being the other and that the rosters would be decided by means of a draft, just like the NFL with each brand taking it’s turn to make a pick and that this split could very well shake the WWF by it’s very foundations.

Vince McMahon makes a quick entrance to the ring and he does not look happy. Vince said that Lawler is insane and that all he is trying to do is destroy the company that he and his father built and he is not going to stand for it. Vince said it is ludicrous to think that splitting a company like the WWF is going to achieve anything. Hell, Vince thinks that all that would achieve is that Lawler would destroy half of the company with his lack of management and the WWF would fall into a pity of obscurity, just like every other Federation Jerry Lawler has been part a part of has. Lawler tells Vince that he will make a deal with him; he says that if Vince McMahon beats him at WrestleMania, he will relinquish all of his shares he has in the WWF to Vince. However, if he wins, then Lawler will be able to make Vince McMahon look like the chump that he is on RAW the following Monday Night and that Vince will have to personally endorse the WWF draft. Vince agrees and the two men shake hands. As Vince leaves the ring, Lawler faces the crowd and begins to announce the new stipulations to the match up at WrestleMania when through the crowd appears Diamond Dallas Page who tries to hit Lawler once again with the diamond cutter but Lawler this time counters the move and DDP crashes against the mat. Lawler takes it straight to DDP before clearing him from the ring, Page holding his face as he regroups with McMahon on the outside, Lawler looking real fired up and ready to go with Mania only 6 days away.

--COMMERCIALS--

When the show returns, Vince is mouthing off to Page backstage about how much of a nerve Jerry Lawler has when they walk past of bunch of wrestlers talking. Everyone goes quiet as they notice Vince and this makes his blood boil. Vince tells the crowd that no one makes a mockery out of Vincent Kennedy McMahon and later this week on Smackdown, he is going to give Lawler a demonstration of what is going to happen to him when Lawler takes on Diamond Dallas Page in a Steel Cage Match. Everyone looks stunned as Vince and Page angrily walk away. What a match for Smackdown.

Non-Title Tag Team Match: Mr Perfect and Al Snow vs. Shawn Stasiak and Billy Kidman

The match starts with Snow and Stasiak locking up in the centre of the ring, Stasiak taking early control with a full nelson slam on his opponent. Stasiak took Snow into his corner and that was where he had every intention of keeping him beating him down with some stiff kicks to the chest before tagging in his partner who did more of the same. Kidman continued to take it Snow, and nearly stole a pin after he planted Snow with a snapmare before following up with a dropkick to the back. Kidman tagged out to the Intercontinental Champion who brought Snow back into the centre and put him in a sleeper hold the crowd totally unexcited by the rest hold. However, the fans new Al Snow was one tough cookie and the former European Champion slowly found a second wind getting back to a vertical base before fighting out of the hold with some stuff elbow shots before going for the tag only for Kidman to drop him just before he made it. Kidman dragged Snow back into the centre of the ring and beat down once more on Snow, Mr Perfect now desperate to get into the match. Stasiak got back to his feet also and continued the assault the referee forcing Kidman out of the ring as Stasiak landed Snow with a powerslam that nearly got the win. Stasiak taunted Mr Perfect before tagging in Kidman once more who had to pull back straying Al Snow, beating him down to the mat again before going up top. Kidman went for the shooting star press but Snow got the knees up and both men needed to tag out. Snow and Kidman both crawled to their corners and Snow got the tag but Stasiak refused to tag in. Stasiak doesn’t want a piece of Mr Perfect. Perfect follows Stasiak as the Intercontinental Champion backs away up the ramp and Kidman tries to take a cheap shot. Perfect quickly counters the offence before beating Kidman down with some stiff back handed chops sending Kidman to the ground before following up with the rolling snap. The crowd went insane as Perfect dominated Kidman finishing him off with the Perfect-Plex for the 1, 2, 3. Mr Perfect and Shawn Stasiak locked eyes after the match as Stasiak backed away with his title.(Winners – Mr Perfect and Al Snow)

Backstage Segment

The Coach was backstage with The British Bulldog. The British Bulldog said that when he came back to the WWF in January, he was blown away by the talent that the company had to offer and that he had nothing but respect for these guys. He said that as WWF veteran, the majority of the WWF Superstars of this new generation gave him the same respect that he gave them but not Test. Bulldog said that despite Test’s talents, he is still just another youthful punk that has got more brawn than brain and come WrestleMania, Test’s going to get the ass kicking of a lifetime!

Backstage Segment

Meanwhile, Test is watching Bulldog’s interview backstage with a huge grin on his face when Paul Heyman walks in with the Monster Kane. Heyman tells Test not to be alarmed and that he just wanted to pass on his regards. Heyman said that what Test did last week to The British Bulldog was awesome and that tells Test that if he goes about things the right way, then he may one day become just as big a Superstar as Kane, who Heyman adds, at WrestleMania, is going to destroy Stone Cold Steve Austin. Test tells Heyman that if what he did to Bulldog impressed him, then what he’s going to do to Rikishi later tonight is going to blow his mind.

--COMMERCIALS--

William Regal vs. Perry Saturn

We join the match up as Regal is making his way to the ring showing just exactly how much the WWF think of Perry Saturn right now. As Regal makes his entrance, JR announces that William Regal is set to face Rikishi for the WWF European Title at WrestleMania after Rikishi accepted his challenge earlier today. Regal and Saturn lock up and Regal quickly takes control with a kick to the gut before planting Saturn with an underhook suplex. Regal quickly plants Saturn with a second suplex before planting him with a running knee before going for a cover but he only gets the two. Regal goes for the STF on Saturn but Perry makes the ropes and the referee has to force Regal to break the hold. Regal works on the back of Saturn before lifting him back to his feet and plants him to the mat with a half nelson throw Regal again looking for the pin but he only gets the 2. Regal is not happy and yells at the referee for not counting fast enough. Regal attempts another cover but he gets the same result. Regal begins to choke Saturn and the referee begins the count Regal letting go just before the 3 before latching on again. The referee warns Regal a second time but Regal shoos away the referee before landing Saturn with a knee drop. Regal tries the pin again but gets another 2 count; Regal simply can’t believe it. Regal quickly heads off to the corner and begins to untie the turnbuckle. Regal has lost it! The referee tries to pull Regal away but Regal resists and the referee has to resort to force to get Regal away. While the referee is busy, Regal quickly slides his hand into his trunks about pulls out a metal object before clocking the unsuspecting Saturn with it. Regal quickly chucks the item out of the ring before hooking the leg of his opponent to steal the victory. Regal celebrates in the ring after the match despite the boos from the crowd. (Winner – William Regal)

Backstage Segment

Backstage, Rikishi is preparing for his match up while watching a replay of the Regal finish. Rikishi smiles and shakes his head calling Regal a joker before continuing to tape up his wrists for his match later on tonight.

Backstage Segment

Further backstage, The Coach is joined by WWF Women’s Champion, Trish Stratus. The Coach asks Trish whether she is beginning to feel the pressure as Women’s Champ as she approaches WrestleMania against arguably her toughest opponent for a long time. Trish said that while she admits, Daffney is definitely a Top Superstar, she isn’t invincible and come WrestleMania, she is going to have something in common with a lot of other divas that have tried to get in her way and that is that she is going to get some well deserved stratusfaction. JR reminds us that our next match is Daffney Unger vs. Torrie Wilson before we got to another commercial break.

--COMMERCIALS--

Daffney Unger vs. Torrie Wilson

Torrie Wilson may have wished in hindsight that she sat this one out after the huge beating she received. As she arrived in the ring, Torrie did her usual routine waving to the crowd only to get viciously struck over the back with a huge clubbing blow from Daffney sending her face first into the mat as Daffney begun her beat down. Unger mounted Torrie who landed her with forearm shot after forearm shot before powerslamming her with force to the ground. Unger dragged Torrie’s lifeless carcass to the apron before hitting her with a guillotine leg drop before going to the outside and beating her down with some more shots. Unger screamed at the lifeless Torrie to get back to her feet, Daffney eventually putting her out of her misery with a huge jumping DDT, Unger making the cover to score an easy win. (Winner - Daffney Unger)

Backstage Segment

The Rock is backstage getting ready for his match tonight when The Undertaker makes his entrance dropping his suitcase next to the People’s Champ. The Undertaker tried to explain what happened last week on Smackdown but The Rock said he’s cool with it. The Rock tells Taker that they’ve got no hard feelings and that all they have to do tonight is go out at there and beat the holy hell out of Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley. The Undertaker looks on surprised as The Rock grabs hold of his Title belt and exits the locker room.

Non-Title Match: Test vs. WWF European Champion Rikishi

The two behemoths start the match off with a long lock up both men trying to overpower with their strength. Test gets an Irish whip countered and Rikishi goes for his savate kick early in the match but Test grabs hold of the ropes and avoids an early upset. The two men lock up again and Test drives Rikishi into the corner. Test unleashes some stiff right hands on Rikishi but the Kish quickly turns the tables and lands some of his own Test. Rikishi sends Test hard into the other corner before smacking his rear end and crashing into his opponent. Rikishi follows up with a huge belly to belly suplex on the Canadian but Test kicks out on the two. Rikishi brings Test back to his feet and sends him into the rope but Test counters and kicks Rikishi in the face who was expecting a back body drop before throwing some fists the way of the Samoan. Test sends Rikishi hard into the turnbuckle before landing him with a corner splash. Test climbs up top and plants Rikishi with a huge double axehandle and goes for the pin but Rikishi kicks out and the match continues. Test locks Rikishi in a sleeper hold and the crowd finally come to life to get behind the Phat man. Rikishi quickly picks up that second wind (and no, I don’t mean gas) and begins to fight out of the hold with fists and elbows. Test releases the hold and Rikishi knocks Test back with some punches. Rikishi takes Test down with a clothesline after clothesline before sending Test to the mat with a huge big back body drop. Rikishi gets Test back to his feet and sends him with huge force into a turnbuckle before landing Test with a huge corner avalanche. Rikishi is on fire! Oh no! Test slumps into the corner! Rikishi goes for the Stinkface but Test quickly escapes the ring and wants no further part of this match and begins to head up the ramp. Just as Test thought he was safe, appears the British Bulldog who appears through the crowd and attacks Test before dragging him down the ramp way. Bulldog is furious with Test and takes out his frustration by sending him hard into the ring post. Bulldog chucks Test back into the ring and tells Rikishi to do the Stinkface and Rikishi happily obliges, Test only able to muster a scream as Rikishi backs up into his face. Rikishi quickly puts Test out of his misery planting him with the savate Kick for the victory in this huge upset. Bulldog looks more than happy with himself. (Winner – Rikishi)

Backstage Segment

The Coach is backstage with Triple H and Shawn Michaels. The Coach asked HHH and HBK how they were feeling with less than a week before making their in ring return at WrestleMania. Triple H jumped in front of Shawn and quickly answered that DX are really hyped up about this match and that WrestleMania, whether it be The Rock and The Undertaker or The Dudley Boyz, DX were going to walk out of Toronto as the WWF Tag Team Champions. The Coach followed by asking whether DX have undergone any particular training schemes to get back into top shape for this big match and Triple H quickly jumps in to answer once more to the frustration of HBK. The Game tells the Coach that when you’re a top athlete like the Heart Break Kid or The Game, then you don’t need any special techniques because you know exactly what it takes to be at the top of the business at that for all the doubters that said that HBK and HHH were through, to tune in on March 10th to see one of the great come backs of all time. Shawn quickly barges in and tells the audience that if you’re not down with that, then they’ve got two words for us. SUCK IT! HBK tells Triple H that he wants something more to say next time as we cut away from the interview for another commercial break.

--COMMERICALS--

Non-Title Match: Edge vs. Key (w/Charles Wright)

Key and Edge both exchange right hands at the start of the match. Key manoeuvres and goes for a belly to back suplex but Edge counters with hard elbows and whips Key into a turnbuckle. Edge follows Key but walks into a boot to the face before Key goes up top and plants Edge with a flying clothesline for the 2 count. Key and Edge both get back to their feet and Key sends Edge to the corner before hitting him with a running avalanche before following up with a big backbreaker but only gets the 2. Edge fights off Key with some right hands before but Key takes control once more with a huge chop. Key backs up and whips Edge into the ropes but Edge comes back with a lariat on Key, before taking Key down a second time with a clothesline. Edge goes up top and plants Key with a big missile drop kick for the 2. Wright becomes overly animated and words cross between him and Edge but Edge remains in firm control as he plants Key with a facebuster for another 2 count. Edge sets himself up in the corner and signals for the spear but Wright grabs hold of Edge’s leg and won’t let him move. Edge kicks Wright off of him but gets planted with a huge charge by Key that sends Edge flying into the corner. Key unleashes some huge body shots to Edge before whipping him into the adjacent turnbuckle, Key following up with big back body drop. Key goes for the Victimizer but Edge counters the move and hits Key with a reverse mat slam driving Key’s head into the canvas once again hooking the legs but only manages to get the 2 count once more. Edge goes up top but once again, Charles Wright gets involved and pulls on the leg of Edge and Key hits Edge with a superplex taking both Edge and himself out. After a moment, Key finally makes the cover on Edge but Edge somehow gets the shoulder up. Key looks stunned. Key struggled to get back to his feet as did Edge and both men traded punches. Key looked for a belly to belly suplex but Edge fought out of his grip and went for the Edgecution but Key managed to send him away. Key somehow managed to get the Face Eraser on Edge and decided to go up top. Key went for the senton splash but Edge moved and Key crashed into the mat. Key quickly got back to a vertical base only to get hit with a spear by Edge for the 1…2…3. A clearly delighted Edge celebrated on the ramp way while the Hardcore Champion lay on the mat in disbelief. Charles Wright did not look happy.(Winner – Edge)

--COMMERICALS--

Contract Signing

When we return from the break, the ring was all set up wth tables and chairs for the highly anticipated contract signing between Stone Cold and Kane. Paul Heyman comes to the ring first and announces that the contract signing is up next and so gets straight down to business and calls out the man who he calls "The Future of the WWF", the Big Red Monster, Kane. Kane shakes the hand of his boss before sitting at the table and Heyman then called out the Rattlesnake who duely follows. Heyman stands between the two men and he begins to go through all of the rigmerol only for Stone Cold to tell him to Shut the hell up and get on with the damn contract signing. An embaressed Heyman passes the contract to Kane who quickly signs before sliding the paper back over to Stone Cold and asks him to do the same. Austin tells Heyman that's it about time before grabbing hold of a pen and beginning to scribble his signature. Heyman informs Austin as he is signing, one of the conditions of this contract is that neither of the two competitors can lay a hand on each other prior to their Wrestlemania Match but Austin doesn't care, who finishes off his signature and then hands Heyman the clipboard. Heyman announces that the Last Man Standing Match is set up for Mania and at in 6 days, Kane is officially going to end Stone Cold's career. Austin snatches the microphone from Heyman and begans to verbally beatdown Heyman. Austin asks Heyman if he think's he is special and Heyman is real full of himself and says that he thinks he is. Austin asks Heyman if he read the contract carefully and Heyman says he has and that he even drafted it up himself. Austin is pleased and says that he has one question for Heyman. Austin says that although he understands that he can't lay his hands on Kane till WrestleMania, Stone Cold wants to know if he can lay his hands on HIM? Heyman looks stunned and that's just what he gets, a big ol Stone Cold Stunner and the crowd go wild. Austin flips off Kane as he grabs hold of some cans of beer and celebrates in the ring and Kane can't lay a finger on him. What a sly move by the Rattlesnake!

Backstage Segment

The Rock is backstage with The Coach hyping up the Tag Team Title Main Event. The Rock said that in 6 days, he is going to be in for the fight of his life against one of the biggest cats in the yard, The Deadman, The Undertaker. The Rock puts The Undertaker over saying that he’s done it all. WWF Championships, Tag Team Championships, the man has had a decade of destruction and that The Rock personally can’t wait for WrestleMania. But as far as tonight goes, well, The Rock says that WrestleMania will have to be put on hold because tonight is about WWF Tag Team Title Gold. Gold with a huge history held by some of the greatest teams of all time and The Rock guarandamntees there is no way and The Rock means no way that any WWF title belt is going anywhere without The Rock having a say. Do you Smell what The Rock is cooking?

WWF Tag Team Championship Match: The Rock and The Undertaker © vs. The Dudley Boyz

The match kicks off in an explosive fashion with all four competitors brawling it out in the middle of the ring. The Rock pairs off with D-Von in the middle of the ring as The Undertaker and Bubba slip to the outside, Taker introducing Bubba very early on to the steel steps. The Rock throws right hand after right hand to D-Von before taking him down with a huge clothesline. The Rock hits D-Von with a huge Samoan drop but only gets the 2 count and so tags out to The Undertaker. The Undertaker sends D-Von into the corner of the ring and beats away at him with huge body shots before stepping back and crashing into him with a huge splash. D-Von wanders into no man's land and gets planted with a big running DDT by The Undertaker who gets the 2 after Bubba breaks up the count. The Undertaker throws D-Von back into his corner and tags The Rock in once who are who unleashes some more right hands on his opponent. D-Von gets whipped into the ropes before The Rock connects with a huge belly to belly suplex for the 2, Bubba once more breaking up the count. The Rock goes for Bubba but Bubba quickly gets out of the way and D-Von gets the attack from behind knocking The Rock into their corner. D-Von quickly tags out and the Dudleyz drop The Rock with a double suplex, Bubba getting a 2. Bubba hits The Rock with a scoop slam before tagging D-Von back in who connects with a diving leg drop on the WWF Champion but is unable to get the 3. D-Von tags out again and the Dudleyz double team The Rock once more taking him down with a double reverse elbow. Bubba goes up top and connects with a vicious elbow drop on the Champ and hooks the leg but The Rock kicks out on the 2 just as Taker was about to break up the count. Bubba insults The Undertaker and Taker tries to get in the match but this simply distracts the referee so that the Dudleys can double team The Rock. Smart move by the Dudley Boyz who hit The Rock with another double suplex before Bubba tags D-Von back in. D-Von sends The Rock into the turnbuckle and charges at The Rock but instead runs into a boot. The Rock and D-Von trade punches but D-Von cleverly uses the thumb to the eye and hits The Rock with a Russian Leg Sweep for the 2. D-Von tags out back to Bubba and Bubba locks in a sleeper on The Rock. The Undertaker acts as the cheerleader on the outside as The Rock tries to regain some momentum, Bubba tightening the hold as best as he can. The Rock starts to get a second wind and begins to fight out of the hold with fists and elbows. Finally The Rock breaks loose and sends Bubba down with a right hand followed by D-Von. Bubba gets hit with a back body drop. D-Von then gets hit with a big DDT. The Rock gets down for The Rock Bottom but The Undertaker blind tags himself in and the two competitors and The Rock isn't happy. The Rock and Taker get into a shoving contest and the victim in the end is the referee who gets knocked out by an elbow as The Undertaker pushes The Rock but neither of these men care. Bubba and D-Von quickly make themselves known once more D-Von taking The Rock to the outside while Bubba attacks The Undertaker from behind. Bubba goes for an irish whip but The Undertaker counters and Bubba gets a boot to the face for his troubles while D-Von gets sent stiffly into the steel steps. The Undertaker signals for the end and goes for the chokeslam when The Rock attacks The Undertaker from behind with a steel chair dropping Bubba in the process. The crowd can't believe what they're seeing as The Rock hits The Undertaker for a second time this time taking The Deadman of his feet, the crowd in absolute uproar. The Rock stands over The Undertaker, his eyes more soulless than ever as he rips off his arm pad and chucks it into the angered crowd before hitting The Undertaker with the stiffest People's Elbow you will ever see. The Rock tells Bubba to cover The Undertaker as The Rock drags the referee over and tells him to make the 1,2.3. The Dudley Boyz are the NEW WWF Tag Team Champions. (Winners and New WWF Tag Team Champions, The Dudley Boyz)

The WWF Champion is not done with The Undertaker yet as he barks more instructions to the Dudley Boyz who just lack week but him through a table and it looks like he wants the same for the Deadman tonight. D-Von and Bubba climb out of the ring and pull from under it a table as The Rock stands over The Undertaker holding aloft his WWF Title telling him that this is about as close as he’ll ever get to taking his title. The Dudley Boyz get back into the ring and set up the table as The Rock drags The Deadman back to his feet and looks him straight into the eyes before chucking him to the Dudleyz who 3D him through the table. The crowd are furious with The Rock. How could he turn his back on The Undertaker? Does the WWF Title mean THAT much to him? The show ends with The Rock climbing the turnbuckle and raising his title to the fans that no longer chant his name…

Edited by DaveKOTW

smackdown_logo.jpg

WWF Smackdown! Preview

Why Rock Why?

March 7th, 20002

All roads point to Toronto on March 10, but to get there the WWF Superstars will have to survive this last major stop on the road. SmackDown will emanate from Cleveland this Thursday and many questions will look to be answered.

How will the Number One Contender for the WWF Championship, The Undertaker, react to the actions of from last Monday, when The Rock turned on The Deadman and handed the WWF Tag Team Titles to the Dudley Boyz and what will The Rock's explanation be?

Earlier this week on RAW, WWF Co-Owner Jerry Lawler threw down the gauntlet to Vince McMahon after he revealed that he had suggested to the board of directors to split the WWF roster into two brands due to the huge disagreements between the two owners and Vince McMahon was not happy. Vince knows now there is only one way to stop this nightmare...beat Jerry Lawler at WrestleMania. What can Vince do tonight to give him that big advantage running into WrestleMania?

Smackdown will host two huge match ups tonight involving Stone Cold Steve Austin and Kane will go head to head at WrestleMania in a Last Man Standing Match. Kane is scheduled to take on Al Snow while Stone Cold is scheduled to take on Chavo Guerrero Jr. Both superstars know that their matches tonight will be vital for the warm up to WrestleMania but as neither Superstar is able to lay their hands on their opponent, how will they attempt to get into the other guy's head?

Smackdown will also host a huge tag team match with the British Bulldog tagging with WWF European Champion Rikishi against Test and William Regal. One can be that Test will be looking out for revenge on both Rikishi and The Bulldog after Test got hit with the Stinkface earlier in the week on RAW.

WWF.com has also learned that Mr Perfect will be facing off against Billy Kidman for the second time this week after Kidman complained that the only reason Perfect was victorious was due to the fact that his partner ditched him. Will Perfect carry on his "perfect record" to WrestleMania or will Kidman prove himself right? Also in action tonight are the four competitors who WWF.com can exclusively announce will be facing each other at WrestleMania in a Fatal Way Hardcore Match for the WWF Hardcore Championship. Kurt Angle teams up with the Hardcore Champion Key against Edge and Mr Thursday Night, Rob Van Dam.

The Card

Kane vs. Al Snow

Stone Cold vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Mr. Perfect vs. Billy Kidman

Test and William Regal vs. Rikishi and The British Bulldog

Key and Kurt Angle vs. Edge and Rob Van Dam

Edited by DaveKOTW

smackdown_logo.jpg

WWF Smackdown!

The Final Stop!

March 7th, 20002

We are welcomed to WWF Smackdown by Michael Cole and Tazz who hype up WrestleMania which we are told is now only three days away.

The show kicks off with the WWF Champion, The Rock, coming to the ring to a large amount of heat from the crowd. The Rock tells the crowd to shut the hell up because “The Great One” has got something to say and they’ve got to here it but this only gets the crowd more irate. The Rock tells the crowd that he has been a patient man and over the past few weeks, has let the Undertaker get away with betrayal after betrayal. He says that The Undertaker expects and expects but when it’s his turn to do the giving, he disappears like he’s got no responsibility and no honour and The Rock says he’s sick of it. The Rock makes the point that for a man who claims that he’s been responsible for a decade of destruction, has only won the WWF Championship THREE times and he guarantees that this Sunday, he’s going to be personally responsible for destroying the dead man’s WrestleMania undefeated streak. The Rock sucks up the crowd reaction raising the WWF Title at all four corners before the show goes to its first break.

Tag Match: British Bulldog and Rikishi vs. Test and William Regal

Test kicks off the match with Rikishi. Test takes Rikishi down with a shoulder charge. Rikishi counters a whip from Test then hits him with a belly to belly suplex. Bulldog gets tagged in and Test quickly tags out to Regal. Regal and Bulldog lock up and Regal brings Bulldog to the mat with a waist lock take down. Regal hits Bulldog with a huge double underhook suplex but only gets the two count. Test wants back in and gets his wish. Test sends Bulldog to his corner and beats him with some right hands before choking him with his boot. Regal gets tagged back and nearly gets the win with an exploder suplex. Regal tries to lock in the STF but Bulldog gets to the ropes. Bulldog gets pulled back to the centre of the ring and Regal locks in a head lock. The crowd quickly get behind Bulldog. Bulldog gets back to a vertical base fighting out of the hold and hits Regal with a DDT. Both men need to make the tag and then do. Test and Rikishi both fly in and Rikishi takes Test down with multiple clotheslines. Rikishi then nearly gets the pin with a Samoan Drop but Test kicks out on the two. Rikishi sends Test to the corner and connects with corner splash. Regal gets back in the ring and tries to attack Rikishi but Bulldog cuts him off and sends him to the outside where they continue to trade blows and Rikishi follows the brawl. Test quickly takes advantage of the distraction and takes Rikishi’s head off with the big boot and takes the three as Bulldog sends Regal into the steel steps. Bulldog is stunned as Test escapes the ring and back up the ramp.

Winners - Test and William Regal

Chavo Guerrero Jr is backstage looking really hyped up about his match later on tonight. Paul Heyman walks in with Kane and congratulates Chavo on his big match and Chavo can barely hide his excitement. Chavo shakes the hand of Heyman before attempting to shake the hand of Kane who isn't so amenable towards him. Chavo says that he can't thank Heyman enough for giving him this opportunity but Heyman isn't as excited is Chavo. Heyman says that Chavo has got to realise that just having matches doesn't mean anything and in order to be successful, Chavo has to win. Chavo says he understands but Heyman isn't quite so sure. Heyman says Chavo comes from a long line of exception wrestlers and tonight is Chavo's big chance to put his name up there with the best of them. Heyman says that tonight, he wants to see Chavo Guerrero Jr hit the Gory Bomb on Stone Cold Steve Austin and that's the bottom line, cos' Paul Heyman said so.

Michael Cole announces that The Undertaker will be here later tonight and that he is sure The Deadman has got a lot to talk about.

Mr Perfect vs. Billy Kidman

Shawn Stasiak joined Michael and Tazz at the announce table for this match up. Kidman came out to the arena first to a small amount of heat from the fans despite insulting many of them on the way down. Mr Perfect on the other got a huge pop from the crowd. Kidman wasted no time landing the first punch on Mr Perfect and quickly tried to get on top of Perfect. Kidman landed a drop kick in the centre of the ring and got the 2. Kidman sent Mr Perfect into the corner but Perfect got the boot up and halted the attack. Perfect nearly stole the win with a swinging neckbreaker. Perfect went for a belly to back suplex but Kidman countered and went for the roll up but could only get the two. Kidman hit Perfect with a big bulldog. Stasiak gets to his feet and celebrates the move saying that Kidman is only second away from victory as Kidman goes up top. Kidman goes for the shooting star press but just like on RAW Kidman misses frustrating the IC Champion. Mr Perfect hits Kidman with a belly to back suplex. Rolling snap by Perfect. Perfect gets back to his feet and the crowd go wild. Perfect finishes Kidman off with the Perfect Plex with the bridge for the three and Perfect wins again.

Winner - Mr Perfect

After the match, Mr Perfect gets to his feet and begins to celebrate but Shawn Stasiak quickly ends the celebrations with a shot from behind with the Intercontinental Championship busting him open. Stasiak stands of Perfect raising his Intercontinental Title. Will Stasiak be able to defeat Mr Perfect at WrestleMania?

Stone Cold Steve Austin is backstage with former Tough Enough Contestant Josh Matthews. Matthews asks Stone Cold about his match up tonight against Chavo but Austin seems far more interested in Josh Matthews being there. Austin says that he never knew that Tough Enough losers got jobs because he knows some drinking buddies back in Texas that could do with a little extra beer money. Austin says that tonight, he's going to give a short display of exactly what he'll do to Kane at WrestleMania. Austin says that after this interview that he's going to drink a beer, a couple of beers, a few beers, no no a whole case of beers and some tequila. Maybe some Vodka, some brandy, some whisky and a bloody mary. What? He said a bloody mary. After that, Austin says he may sing a song or to before going out to that ring and beating the living hell out of Chavo Guerrero Jr and that's the bottom line, Cos Stone Cold said so.

We see Kane and Paul Heyman walking to the ring. Kane vs. Al Snow is next!

Kane vs. Al Snow

Al Snow makes his way to the ring first to a good cheer from the WWF crowd before Kane and Heyman enter the arena to a huge amount of heat. Snow tries to get on top of Kane as soon as he enters the ring but Kane quickly responds with a huge big boot to the face of Snow. Kane dominates Snow with some huge right hands before lifting Al into the military position and chucking him to the outside. Heyman orders Kane out of the ring and Kane does as he's told. Kane sends Al Snow into the steel steps. Kane then hits Snow with a big spinebuster on the ramp way. Kane rolls into the ring and breaks up the count before going straight back to Snow. Kane brings Snow back to the ring and goes climbs hitting the clothesline from hell on his opponent. Kane quickly gets back to his feet and hits the chokeslam on Al Snow got the three, Kane making easy work on the former WWF European Champion.

Winner - Kane

After the match, Heyman orders Kane to finish off Al Snow and Kane grabs a steel chain from under the ring. Despite huge protests from the announce team, Kane proceeded to use the chain first around his fist like a steel glove before choking him in the middle of the ring. Kane finished off the beating by laying the chain in the ring before chokeslamming Al Snow for a second time this time on top of the chain. Heyman grabbed hold of the microphone and told Stone Cold to take note of what just happened to Al because come Sunday, this is what will become of HIM.

Vince McMahon is watching the current goings on backstage with DDP and says that this is what happens when you put a hick from Memphis in charge of a Wrestling Promotion. “You get people like Al Snow on TV”. Vince and Page snigger at Al Snow’s big beat down. DDP asks where Lawler is as he hasn’t seen him and Vince says he has no idea. Vince suggests that they go and ask some other people and ventures through to another room where Jerry Lawler is seen lying on the ground unconscious, Ron Waterman and X-Pac standing over him. Vince McMahon exclaims “There he is!” and his company smile as Vince kneels down next to Lawler. Vince pulls Lawler’s head up so he’s looking at him and says that if he thought this was going to be a clean affair, then Lawler was seriously mistaken before slamming Lawler’s face back into the floor. Vince shakes the hands of his associates and the camera splits.

Daffney Unger is backstage with Hugh Morrus when Trish Stratus comes into shot. Trish tells Daffney that she hopes she’s brought her A game with her because at WrestleMania, she is going to prove to the world why she is the future of Women’s Wrestling in the WWF. Unger laughs off Trish’s comments and tells Morrus that Trish just proved her theory right…she does have balls. Unger and Morrus laugh it off but Trish doesn’t flinch at all. Unger tells Trish she can be sure she’s bring her top game because come WrestleMania, she’s winning that WWF Women’s Title and there is nothing anyone can do to stop her. Both women go toe to toe and look like they’re about to go at it when Daffney decides to back off. She says she’ll see Trish at WrestleMania.

Key (w/Charles Wright) and Kurt Angle vs. Edge and Rob Van Dam

While the wrestlers make their approach to the ring, Michael Cole and Tazz are still going on about Vince McMahon’s despicable behaviour with Jerry Lawler. Edge and Rob Van Dam come down to big crowd pops and Angle gets some strong heat from the crowd. Key also is getting a good crowd reaction here in Cleveland. After much dispute between Key and Angle, Angle and Edge start off the match and Angle quickly tries to dominate the match with his technical ability. Angle nails Edge with a huge belly to belly suplex but only gets a two on the cover. Angle tags in Key and he goes straight to work on the Canadian. Key hits a huge backbreaker on Edge but fails to get the three. Key tags in Angle who immediately catches Edge on the retreat and pulls him back from his corner. Angle drives Edge’s head into the mat with a huge german suplex. Angle goes for the pin again but only gets the two. Key gets back in again and works on the lower back. Key gets Edge in the bear hug. Van Dam desperately tries to get the crowd behind Edge, Van Dam looking for the tag. Edge begins to fight out of the bear hug. Edge gets some punches but Key rakes the eyes. Key bounces himself of the ropes to go for a clothesline but Edge plants Key with a huge standing drop kick and Edge tries to crawl over to his corner – Van Dam has his arm stretched right out. Angle comes into make the save grabbing hold of Edge’s leg but Edge fights out with an enziguiri and makes the hot tag. Van Dam flies in and takes down Angle, then Key, then Angle again. Van Dam drops Key with a spinning heel kick. Van Dam sends Angle out of the ring. Rolling Thunder on Key. Meanwhile outside, Angle gets hit with a spear by Edge. Van Dam gets to the top rope and you know what comes next…Five Star Frog Splash! Van Dam takes the win for Edge and him.

Winners - Rob Van Dam and Edge

After the match, Van Dam gets up and celebrates in the ring and Edge comes to join him. Angle was hot on the outside and grabbed hold of a chair but Edge and RVD spotted him and Angle hesitated despite pleas from both Van Dam and Edge to get into the ring. Angle angrily slammed the chair into the steel steps and held his hands on his head; he really wanted to get one over these two tonight.

The Undertaker arrives backstage and doesn’t look happy his face all patched up from the attack on RAW. DX appear out of nowhere and the crowd go wild. Triple H tells The Undertaker that he knows the three of them haven’t had the friendliest of relationships but he wants the Deadman to know that despite all of the problems between them in the past, he has their respect and they hope that at WrestleMania, he beats the living hell out of the People’s Chump. The Undertaker says that he appreciates their wishes and their respects but at WrestleMania, whether they hope it or not, he is going to make The Rock his personal bitch.

Next up is another Brian Moore promo. Brian Moore tells us that WrestleMania is the place where dreams are made and legacies begin. Brian Moore promises that at WrestleMania X8, the legacy of BM begins.

Chavo is making his way to the ring backstage which means one thing, Stone Cold vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr is next!

Stone Cold comes to the ring to a huge pop from the WWF crowd and does his usual in ring salute from all four corners of the ring. When Chavo Guerrero Jr makes his appearance, Chavo gets some heat from the audience but nothing of the same magnitude of Shawn Stasiak or The Rock. Chavo gets into the ring and stares in the eyes of the Rattlesnake who is ready to go but their match is halted by the appearance of Paul Heyman. Paul says that he has a special announcement to make regarding this match and that it comes directly from Vince McMahon. Heyman says that Vince felt that this match was rather unfairly balanced and so this 1-on-1 match has now become a Handicap Match. Heyman calls out Chavo’s partner for tonight and the WWF Cruiserweight Champion, Marc Mero who comes out to the ring to a largely indifferent crowd – it’s probably because he left Torrie Wilson out back.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Marc Mero

The match kicks off with both Chavo and Mero trying to double team the Rattlesnake but Austin fights both men off with ease. Austin hits a spinebuster on Mero before planting Chavo with the Lou Thez press and let’s loose with a thousand more hits to the head. Mero gets tossed to the outside of the ring by Austin. Austin drags Chavo into the corner of the ring and begins to stomp a mud hole all over Chavo Snr’s baby boy before tossing the intruding Mero out of the other side of the ring. Austin plants Chavo with a huge vertical suplex before he goes for the pin but Mero pulls out the referee out of the ring and stops the count. Austin gets mad and goes in chase of Mero but Mero smartly takes him around the ring before getting back in and getting on top of him. Mero and Chavo grab hold of Austin and whip him into the ropes but Austin takes them both out with a double clothesline. Austin rakes the eyes of Mero before hitting Chavo with the Stunner who flies out of the ring. Mero gets sent into the turnbuckle but he gets the boot up and stops the Austin attack. Mero tries to hit the TKO on Austin but he counters the move and pushes Mero away before taking him down with the second stunner of the match and then getting the pin for the three counts to claim the win. Austin got back to his feet and celebrated with his usual beer celebration in the ring as Chavo Guerrero Jr made his way up the ramp looking extremely disappointed. Paul Heyman won’t be pleased with this outcome.

Winner - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Michael Cole and Tazz do a final run down of the WrestleMania card which now includes a Cruiserweight Invitational match for the WWF Cruiserweight Title, issued by Marc Mero. Big News People!

The Undertaker is seen leaving his locker room and is making his way to entrance to the arena. The Undertaker is next after the break.

The Undertaker makes his way to the ring to a huge response from the crowd and is showing no signs of nerves even though he is three days away from his 10th WrestleMania where he will take on The Rock for the WWF Championship. The Undertaker says that he’s been around a long time in this business and The Undertaker says he knows which guys have got the heart for the business and which guys are always looking out for their next commercial success. The Undertaker says that The Rock is just another example of the latter. Taker says that The Rock thinks he’s special and that he’s unique but to him, he’s just another wannabe Hulk Hogan. As for the WWF Championship goes, well The Undertaker feels that he’s never had to hold the WWF title to get himself over with the fans but they still know that this WWF ring is his the biggest dog in it and when The Rock steps into his yard at Mania, he’s going to get his ass handed to him. The Rock appears at the top of the ramp way flanked by the WWF Tag Team Champions, The Dudley Boyz and has a different opinion on the matter. The Rock says that he’s heard all the talk, heard all the promises but as far as The Rock is concerned, the talk is over, the threats are futile and all he wants now is for The Undertaker to Just Bring It! Taker agrees with The Rock and pleads with him to get into the ring and both he and The Dudley Boyz make their way down the ramp. The Rock tries to get on the apron but Taker swings for him and The Rock all of a sudden has a change of heart and tells The Dudley Boyz to do his dirty work.

The Dudley Boyz waste little time getting into the ring and immediately circle The Undertaker. The Dudleyz quickly jump the Deadman knock him down with hard shots. The Dudley Boyz whip him hard into the corner but Taker manages to get the boot up on the approach by Bubba before fighting both him and D-Von off with fists. The Undertaker plants D-Von with a big boot before hitting D-Von with a running DDT. Taker gets back to his feet and goes for the chokeslam on D-Von but The Rock slides into the ring undetected and plants The Undertaker with another chair shot just as he did on Monday Night RAW. The Rock tells The Dudleyz to do as they did on Monday and once again grab a table but just and they do as they’re told setting it up once more in exactly the same place. The Rock grabs hold of The Undertaker and mouths off at him but as he does, DX’s music blasts out of the PA system and Triple H and Shawn Michaels charge to the ring. The Rock smartly scatters but D-Von and Bubba stay for the fight and a four man brawl ensues in the ring. HBK and Triple H dominate the Dudley Boyz, HBK quickly firing of the Sweet Chin Music on Bubba Ray Dudley before Triple H plants D-Von with the Pedigree and the fans go wild. The Rock scrambles up the ramp way clutching on to his WWF Championship belt as Triple H and Shawn Michaels help The Undertaker back to his feet and Taker is writhing. The show ends with pictures of The Rock clutching on to his title while HBK, HHH and The Undertaker stand tall in the ring. Our Next stop is WrestleMania!

The Results

Test and William Regal def. Rikishi and The British Bulldog

Mr. Perfect def. Billy Kidman

Kane def. Al Snow

Edge and Rob Van Dam def. Key and Kurt Angle

Stone Cold def. Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Marc Mero

Edited by DaveKOTW

ill read and feedback...

-WWF Smackdown

-Wrestlemania is finally coming and i look forward to it

-The Rock is heel, i love it, Nice Promo, Undertaker turning isn't that often though is it?

-Bulldog and Rikishi lose, i can't help but love that team but Regal is a Brit in need of a push so i'm glad he won

-Chavo is excitement to face Stone Cold? i can't see him winning really

-Perfect winning in any way is.. Perfect (Pun intended)

-Stasiak attacking Perfect? Not Perfect.

-It sounded like Stone Cold but i just didn't like this promo

-Kane squashes Snow, fair.

-Lawler beat down, i loved the writing and booking here, it was just so.. good

-i hate the name Unger but this was OK i guess

-Edge and RVD is an awesome team but i'd have liked to see Key win here, i'm enjoying his whole push

-Lots of segments here. Austin and Taker for Star power. Brian Moore for awesomeness.

-Austin wins, as i expected

-The Taker interview is good enough

-Clusterfuck of awesomeness to lead into Wrestlemania, i love it!

Overall - Solid lead into the biggest show of the year

THE WRESTLEMANIA X8 PREDICTION CONTEST

wrestlemania.jpg

Here we go guys, for all you lot that continue to support my writing and read this diary, here is your chance to contribute for the biggest PPV of the year, WrestleMania X8 and possibly win a prize! I hope you are all looking forward to the show!

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

The Rock © vs. The Undertaker

BATTLE OF THE BOSSES

Vince McMahon vs. Jerry Lawler

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Kane (w/Paul Heyman)

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

The Dudley Boyz vs. DX

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Shawn Stasiak © vs. Mr Perfect

WWF HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Key © (w/Charles Wright) vs. Edge vs. Kurt Angle vs. Rob Van Dam

The British Bulldog vs. Test

WWF EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Rikishi © vs. William Regal

WWF WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Trish Stratus © vs. Daffney Unger

WWF CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP OPEN INVITATIONAL

The Debut of Brian Moore...

Okay guys so the rules are as follows; 1 point for each correct predictions on the 10 matches. Also below are 5 bonus questions that are worth an additional 1 point each;

1)Who will take the fall in the Fatal Four Way Match for the WWF Hardcore Championship?

2)How will Brian Moore feature at WrestleMania?

3)How many WWF titles will change hand at WrestleMania?

4)Which Match will open WrestleMania?

5)Who will the the WrestleMania MVP? (Remember this is determined by who came out on top during the highest rated segment of the show)

Finally, could all those who do make predictions to comply with the rules of the Diary Dome that states that you MUST give a reason for each match prediction. I will not count predictions that do not include reasons. Good luck!

Edited by DaveKOTW

wrestlemania.jpg

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

-This one is going to the Taker i think, no question about it. The streak will go to 10-0 here, i just dont see Rock as the man to end the streak

-And thats what i originally said. I aint gonna lie, im changing my mind here, ages later. Why? Because i think itd be too predictable, Taker deserves shooting for what happened to Test, and i wanna beat everyone else at predictions! EVERYONES gone for Taker, well, ive now decided to go against everyone, even myself, we'll see, the Rocky mark within tells me who will win this, and i can smell it.

BATTLE OF THE BOSSES

-I can smell a possible screwjob on Lawler coming, BUT, my prediction here is that DDP will turn on Vince, and Lawler will pick up the win

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

-Youve done a great, great job in building Kane, Austin's return shouldve come earlier IMO, but this has the potential to be the best match on the show

The Dudley Boyz vs. DX

-Is there really any doubt at all that DX will win their return match?

-This program will hopefully continue past-Mania, and a big win for Stasiak here would help to elevate this natural born thriller

-Regardless of how far this push can go, a victory here could really cement Key in the WWE. None of the other three need this title, least of all Angle

-Test needs to go over, Bulldog is at the end of his career, simple enough

-Regal pulls out the brass knucks for victory over the big man

-Youve spent a long time building her, Hugh Morrus will probably cost Trish the belt...urgh

-I am amalgamating these two in together for a reason, my prediction: Brian Moore is the next Cruiserweight Champion, and Torrie will take Mero out of the picture

1)Who will take the fall in the Fatal Four Way Match for the WWF Hardcore Championship?-Rob Van Dam

2)How will Brian Moore feature at WrestleMania?-Cruiserweight Invitational

3)How many WWF titles will change hand at WrestleMania?-Four

4)Which Match will open WrestleMania?-Rikishi vs Regal

5)Who will the the WrestleMania MVP?-The Rock. btw, Nice idea! :shifty:

Edited by 1PWCorino

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

After what transpired on Smackdown and Raw this week, I can only see the Undertaker coming out of this as the victor- I mean, do you really want to stop the streak at 9-0? I'd like to see a heel Rock chasing at full-pelt, I mean, it's been two years since he was a fully fledged bad guy so...well, go for it.

BATTLE OF THE BOSSES

I think if the face goes over in the ME, then this is realistically the match where DDP's influence finally pays off in a positive way- that's a good thing right? McMahon winning will of course really piss off Canada, and that's a good thing too.

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

I just can't see Austin losing at Mania like this, in such a stipulated match. That, and Kane always sucks in these kind of gimmick matches (Armageddon 2000 anyone?). Maybe SCSA will go pyscho as he did last year...I'd love to see Heyman hit a stunner just for the fun of it.

The Dudley Boyz vs. DX

I see the party being severely disrupted. I dunno why...maybe you'll do a HBK turn angle for whatever reason, no idea.

This match along with the next below, I don't feel. Now, I know you've been pushing Stasiak to the moon, perhaps rightly so, but this contest really should be for the HC belt. Plus, you've resurrected an old WCW feud which...hmm...sounds dodgy to me. All the same, Perfect's run comes to an end here via cheating and the feud continues from here.

Come on, KA didn't hire Key just so he could get beaten up in this kind of match by RVD. Angle to screw everyone over here- Edge is a non-entity in this diary and you need to keep Key strong...again, I feel this should be for a worthier belt.

Youth wins out here, look to the future. I'm kind of against this match as well because you put two Canadians against one another instead of putting them up against Yanks and making them look good. Test had a huge push, this should continue I feel.

I think Rikishi's a decent champ at this level, I can't see Regal winning it here, but I would like him to SOB in floods of tears when he loses. Having told me some ideas, I sense this is not the night Regal wins it- later on.

Gut feeling, again, I can't see how giving Unger the belt would enhance it whatsoever. Unless you plan to have many screaming contests...

Errrrm...potential to make big impact anyone? I'd like him to take out Mero last, because I simply hate that guy.

Okay guys so the rules are as follows; 1 point for each correct predictions on the 10 matches. Also below are 5 bonus questions that are worth an additional 1 point each;

1)Who will take the fall in the Fatal Four Way Match for the WWF Hardcore Championship? RVD is obviously the weakest guy here.

2)How will Brian Moore feature at WrestleMania? Cruiserweight 10 man

3)How many WWF titles will change hand at WrestleMania? I make it 3

4)Which Match will open WrestleMania? I think the Intercontinental title should go first...follow real life in this instance.

5)Who will the the WrestleMania MVP? (Remember this is determined by who came out on top during the highest rated segment of the show) errrrrmmmm.....I'm gonna go for the Rock. Great crowd reaction, even if the match isn't ALL that up to par.

Edited by nihilist

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

BATTLE OF THE BOSSES

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

The Dudley Boyz vs. DX

1)Who will take the fall in the Fatal Four Way Match for the WWF Hardcore Championship? RVD

2)How will Brian Moore feature at WrestleMania? Win the CW Title Invitational

3)How many WWF titles will change hand at WrestleMania? 5

4)Which Match will open WrestleMania? HC Title Match

5)Who will the the WrestleMania MVP? (Remember this is determined by who came out on top during the highest rated segment of the show) Undertaker

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Winner: The Undertaker

I have loved the build up to this, and I for the love of god, didnt see TheRock heel turn. Awesome stuff, but Taker will continue the streak, and win the big one at Mania.

BATTLE OF THE BOSSES

Winner: Vince McMahon

I just have this feeling that Vince will win. It seems to obvious to make Lawlwer win it, so I believe Vince will pick up the W.

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

Winner: Kane

This could go one of two way, and hopefully it goes with Kane. A loss for Austin will be something he can rebound from, but if Kane loses, then his push is all but buried. Hopefully Kane wins, to start a Kane/Taker program once more. (look at my name.....take a guess who my fav's are?) lol.

The Dudley Boyz vs. DX

Winner: DX

Sorry, but I dont think this can go either way. If DX didnt win on their return, then fans will riot, especially at this time when everyone wanted DX back. But a turn by either man would be good, but then following a HBK/HHH feud would be copying real life.....something you do very well.

Winner: Shawn Stasiak

I dont really buy Stasiak as champion, would much prefer the belt on Test. But I dont think this has enough hype to be a title changing match at an event like Mania. Perfect will do a great job in trying to make Stasiak more credible, but sadly, it wont work. Ill never buy him as champ.

Winner: Rob Van Dam

I really, really dont like this match. Im sorry, but having Edge and Angle competing for the Hardcore Championship at Wrestlemania does nothing for me. I think RVD will take it, its a high profile win, and the Key/RVD feud would be great for the title.

Winner: Test

Filler match really. A way to keep Test's push going. I think he should go for the IC Title.

Winner: Rikishi

I just think you need to save a title loss for a match with a little more meaning. Be nice for Kish to win at Mania.

Winner: Daffney Unger

I think this one has been building and building, and I think Daffney will deservedly pick up the win.

Like most, I see these 2 being togethor, and I also see Moore taking the belt with him. Which is good.....I DESPISE MERO!!

1)Who will take the fall in the Fatal Four Way Match for the WWF Hardcore Championship? Edge

2)How will Brian Moore feature at WrestleMania? Win the C/W Title

3)How many WWF titles will change hand at WrestleMania? I made it 5.

4)Which Match will open WrestleMania? The European Championship match.

5)Who will the the WrestleMania MVP? (Remember this is determined by who came out on top during the highest rated segment of the show) Its gotta be either The Rock or Austin. Both in big matchges, both always amaze at Mania.

wrestlemania.jpg

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

The heel of The Rock has made this a must see, I don't see The Rock walking out as the champion The Undertaker will prevail but this is really a must see also a good build up.

BATTLE OF THE BOSSES

Vince for the value of him and for me i hate Lawler.

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

Austin doesn't normaly lose at Mania, but Kane has had this freakin monster of a push and his character has built up stronger.

Kane is a lot like he was when he first came into the WWF before they made him a sad monster, but you have restored him make him win if he loses it will probaly be Heyman's fault and hopefuly a chokeslam to him.

Also note lol don't let Pete Rose run in :D

The Dudley Boyz vs. DX

The build up to the feud has been good and i want DX to win, but i don't if the titles are on the line if they win them and lose them the night after that is fair otherwise there just gonna run riot on the tag division and no one will get a chance.

Somehow after all this time Shawn hasn't grown on me, but The Perfect one has and i hope he does actualy win this i am a big fan of Mr Perfect but with Shawn getting a push i don't think Perfect will maybe a European Championship reign for perfect (hint, hint)

Key has had a really good run as Hardcore Champion i think its about time for him to drop it and work up the ranks for another belt, there is a good chance RVD will not win the belt with Edge, Angle being in but it should be good.

A hard pick but Test has also had a great run of late his feud with The Undertaker made me sit up and notice him, this really should be the night of Test but i can't see The Bulldog wanting to lose so they will both give it there all.

For Queen and Country, but more like a stinkface and Regal does not win.

Trish Stratus © vs.Daffney Unger

She is in her own country she has to win it.

1)Who will take the fall in the Fatal Four Way Match for the WWF Hardcore Championship: Edge

2)How will Brian Moore feature at WrestleMania: Maybe he will cost Regal the title in the European Title Match

3)How many WWF titles will change hand at WrestleMania: 3

4)Which Match will open WrestleMania: Hardcore Title

5)Who will the the WrestleMania MVP: Kane

Finally, could all those who do make predictions to comply with the rules of the Diary Dome that states that you MUST give a reason for each match prediction. I will not count predictions that do not include reasons. Good luck!

NB. Prizes will be told to the winner only so as not to spoil anything for the future!

wrestlemania.jpg

Here we go guys, for all you lot that continue to support my writing and read this diary, here is your chance to contribute for the biggest PPV of the year, WrestleMania X8 and possibly win a prize! I hope you are all looking forward to the show!

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

It's Mania.

BATTLE OF THE BOSSES

I have to vote "The King". Absolutely adore him.

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

I just don't dig Kane as much as I used to. Austin is grand, so I have to vote him.

The Dudley Boyz vs. DX

To me, this is the only option. DX will return with a huge win, I think.

I will mark out HARD if this happens.

Angle is my favourite in this match. Hardcore title though? Ehhh.

Resume the ultimate Test push! :)

I've been asking for Regal to win this for ages. I hope I get my wish!

I'm probably wrong here, but I'm not sold on Unger *yet*.

1)Who will take the fall in the Fatal Four Way Match for the WWF Hardcore Championship?-RVD

2)How will Brian Moore feature at WrestleMania?-No clue. Referee? ;)

3)How many WWF titles will change hand at WrestleMania?-6

4)Which Match will open WrestleMania? - Cruiserweight.

5)Who will the the WrestleMania MVP? (Remember this is determined by who came out on top during the highest rated segment of the show) - Austin.

NB. Prizes will be told to the winner only so as not to spoil anything for the future!

Edited by Carparama

wrestlemania.jpg

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

-You cannot end Taker's reign at 9-0

BATTLE OF THE BOSSES

-McMahon has to be in charge, it's the WWF damnit!

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

-Loving you Kane's push with Heyman, would love to see him win and face Taker

The Dudley Boyz vs. DX

-After this much build up, DX HAVE to win

-I love Perfect. I hate Stasiak. but i admire you Stasiak push so keep it up!

-Key beating these 3 would be a travesty, do it!

-Test push is well, Bulldog is past it, i like the look of this

-British support against the fat man, cause it IS the European championship

-huge push here and i like hugh morris so i can only see one finish

-you built him up and gave no competitors so he should win by default

1)Who will take the fall in the Fatal Four Way Match for the WWF Hardcore Championship? Rob Van Dam

2)How will Brian Moore feature at WrestleMania? Cruiserweight Open Invitational

3)How many WWF titles will change hand at WrestleMania? 5

4)Which Match will open WrestleMania? Euro Championship

5)Who will the the WrestleMania MVP? theres no standout so.. Brian Moore?

Hey Dave. Finally got time to feedback you know lol.

So what can i say except good stuff man it's been awhile and you haven't lost the touch. Some twist and turns coming but now we are at Wrestlemania X8!!!!

Here are my predictions:

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Hmmm i reckon there will be a screwjob possibly here that's one thought i had in my head but i reckon there will be the typical looks like Heel gonna cheat when you have the ref bump but the Face prevails and somehow wins. That is why i think THe Deadman will win

BATTLE OF THE BOSSES

Hmmmmm i don't think Jerry Lawler makes a good authority figure tbh and i really hope Vince wins the match as i too also hate The King. Maybe if Vince beats him up so bad we won't get Puppies comments every 2 seconds :)

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

The Dudley Boyz vs. DX

I don't think DX should loose seen as though this there first PPV back technically and it's at Mania. With them being very over, I can see Dudleys feeling pissed off after and having a rematch at Backlash

Mr.Perfect all the way. Shawn has been put over and i think if Perfect wins here than you could have Stasiak challenge back and win him. That way your getting both of them over and eventually Shawn be ready for his Main Event Push

Key has to finally loose this match up as he's had the title for quite sometime. I Don't think Kurt Angle should be in the Hardcore Divison so thats why i have ruled him out. I reckon though RVD will win it and than have a few Edge/RVD matches after.

Test is on form and Bulldog had a few big matches. I reckon Test will win this as i feel with him being Younger he's got more of a chance of making impact for the future than Bulldog.

Trish Stratus © vs.Daffney Unger

Hmmm i gotta say Hometown Girl will decide this, I mean if Daffney were to win i'm pretty sure Toronto would be miffed and i just can't say no to the Trish lol

1)Who will take the fall in the Fatal Four Way Match for the WWF Hardcore Championship: Edge

2)How will Brian Moore feature at WrestleMania: Still dunno why you called him Brian lol. Ermmm i reckon he'll get involved in the Battle of the Bosses match

3)How many WWF titles will change hand at WrestleMania: Does Tag Titles count. If not than it'd be 4 if they do than 5.

4)Which Match will open WrestleMania: Womens Title Match

5)Who will the the WrestleMania MVP: RVD

• 2 weeks later...

wrestlemania.jpg

WWF WrestleMania X8

Live From Toronto, Ontario, Canada

March 10th, 2002

WrestleMania X8 kicks off with the world renowned Harlem Boys Choir who perform "America the Beautiful" for the crowd. We then go into a video packstage looking back at previous WrestleMania moments - The Undertaker said he's favorite WrestleMania moment was when he captured the WWF Championship at WrestleMania 13 while The Rock said his favorite WrestleMania moment will be when he hits the Rockbottom on The Undertaker to retain the WWF Championship at WrestleMania tonight. Either way, WrestleMania X8 is where it is all happening so buckle your seat belts folks! Here we are at WRESTLEMANIA!

We head back to the arena to a huge array of fireworks as we are joined by Jim Ross and Tazz for a huge night of wrestling and JR and Tazz are glad that we could join them.

Match #1 WWF Intercontinental Championship Match

Shawn Stasiak is the first wrestler to step foot into the Toronto arena for WrestleMania X8 and a large amount of heat from the crowd. Stasiak works the crowd raising his title in the ring before handing it over to the referee who looks suprisingly more nervous than Stasiak. Mr Perfect comes out to a huge respose from the crowd and even gets some new added pyros for his entrance - this is without a doubt the biggest match Mr Perfect has had since he returned to the WWF in January. Perfect and Stasiak lock in the middle of the ring and Stasiak sends Perfect to the corner of the ring. Stasiak tries to lash out with some back hand chops but Perfect turns it around and gives him exactly the same except these ones are perfect. Mr Perfect heads up top and takes Stasiak down with a double axehandle but only gets the two on the cover. Mr Perfect grabs Stasiak and sends him into the ropes before hitting him with a running knee lift. Perfect tries to hit Stasiak with a belly to back suplex but Stasiak counters with elbows and hits Perfect with a big vertical suplex with a bridge and Perfect kicks out.

Stasiak grabs hold of Perfect and attempts to go for the Death Valley Driver but Mr Perfect counters the move and sends Stasiak over the top rope with a clothesline. Perfect follows Stasiak to the outside and both men trade some hard punches before Stasiak breaks up the brawl with a knee to the gut. Stasiak whips Mr Perfect hard into the step steps the impact capable of shattering both his knee caps. Stasiak shows little mercy towards Perfect with a boot to the face. Stasiak sends Perfect back into the ring and goes for the cover but Mr Perfect gets the shoulder up. Stasiak in shock, tries the cover again but Mr Perfect kicks out on the one and Stasiak batters Perfect with forearms. Stasiak decides to take it to the top rope and hits Perfect with the drop kick but it's not good enough to take the three and Stasiak looks like he's about to cry.

Stasiak grabs hold of Perfect by the legs and locks him in the figure four submission move. Stasiak grabs hold of the ropes for additional support and the crowd hammer Stasiak for it. Perfect turns the move around and Stasiak's face turns from smug to intense as the pain writhes through his body and Stasiak quickly hobbles over to the ropes to break up the hold. Perfect hobbles to his feet and takes Stasiak down with some hard chops before hitting him with a DDT. Perfect drops to the mat and goes for the cover but Stasiak kicks out just before the three. Perfect grabs hold of Stasiak and hits him with some more hard shots before sending him with a hard whip into the turnbuckle. Stasiak comes back and gets hit with a huge drop kick. Mr Perfect hits the rolling snap on Stasiak. Mr Perfect heads up top and goes for a missile drop kick on Stasiak but Stasiak dodges the attack and hits Mr Perfect with the Perfect-Plex but Mr Perfect kicks out of the bridge. Stasiak gets back to his feet and tries to hit Perfect with a belly to back suplex but Perfect counters and gets behind Stasiak, but Stasiak uses his elbows to break out and goes for the roll up and using the bottom ropes for leverage, gets the three and retains the Intercontinental Title.

Winner - Shawn Stasiak - Still WWF Interconinental Champion

Vince McMahon and Diamond Dallas Page came out of their limosine in the parking lot and Vince McMahon hypes his match later tonight with Jerry Lawler. Page asked Vince if he felt he was ready for the match tonight and Vince said that he felt as if he was in the best shape of his life. Vince said that tonight, the King of Memphis, Jerry Lawler, was going to be sent packing by the "King of the WWF" Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Back in the arena, Howard Finkel announces that the next match is the Fatal Four Way Match for the WWF Hardcore Title which is scheduled for One Fall. The Fink kindly reminds us that in this match, anything goes.

Match #2 WWF Hardcore Championship Fatal Four Way Match

Key © vs. Edge vs. Kurt Angle vs. Rob Van Dam

Edge was the first man to make his way to the ring to a huge pop from the WWF crowd who are out in force tonight to support their native Canadian. Edge soaks in the support from the crowd climbing up the turnbuckle and pointing to the crowd and the crowd ate it up. Angle on the other hand, being an Olympic Gold Medallist winner for the United States, was far less popular and got the biggest heat so far for any wrestler. As soon as Angle got to ringside, he immediately made a b-line for Edge but he didn't take it any further despite pleas from Edge. Van Dam was next out and he also got a good crowd response, Van Dam's pyro's deafening in the arena. Finally Key came out to the ring with his Manager Charles Wright but Wright's part in the night was short after the referee demanded that he leave ring side. Key was not happy with the referee's decision but before he got chance to really complain, the brawling commenced and the match was under way.

Key paired up with Edge and Rob Van Dam paired with Kurt Angle at the start of the match, both pairings quickly taking the fight to the outside of the ring. Key takes advantage of the objects around him bouncing Edge's head into anything he could find. Key hits Edge with a flapjack driving Edge's face into the mat before getting on top of him and filling his face full of right hands. Angle hits Rob Van Dam with a german suplex on the other side of the ring. Angle whips Rob Van Dam into the steel steps with huge force Van Dam having no chance to but to connect with the steps and Van Dam looked in pain. Angle brought Van Dam back to the ring and made the cover but Van Dam kicked out on 1. Angle grabs hold of Van Dam and whips him into the corner but Van Dam jumps up top before planting Angle with a drop kick. Key returns to the ring and plants Rob Van Dam with a full nelson slam before making the cover but Angle breaks up the count on the two. Key and Angle get back to their feet and trade punches. Key takes advantage with a kick to the gut before chucking Angle outside of the ring on to Edge both men landing hard. Key gets hit with a drop kick from Van Dam who then gets out of the ring and goes underneath it. Van Dam brings out a ladder! RVD lifts that ladder and places it on the apron but Key baseball slides the ladder into the face of Mr PPV.

Key follows RVD out of the ring and grabs hold of the ladder before using it as a battle ram into the head of Rob Van Dam. Key throws the ladder on top of RVD before climbing onto the apron and signalling to the fans. Key hits a diving leg drop off the apron onto the ladder with Van Dam under it!! Key looks in just as much pain as Van Dam! As Key gets back to his feet, Key gets planted with a stiff clothesline from Angle who appeared out of no where. Angle smashes Key's head against the announce table before going over to the time keeper and grabbing hold of the bell and smashes that right into the face of Key. Key is busted open. Angle quickly sends Key back into the ring and hooks the leg but Key kicks out on the two and Angle isn't happy - he thought he had the match won! Angle gets back to his feet and gets hit with a drop kick from Edge who goes for a cover on Angle and just get the 2. Edge gets back up and goes into the corner and connects with the Spear on Kurt and the crowd go wild. Edge hooks the leg of the Olympic Gold Medallist.......1............2........thr.......Key breaks up the count. Edge and Key both get back to their feet and trade some more punches but Key takes advantage and plants Edge with a big backbreaker. Van Dam slides back into the ring with a chair in hand and takes out both Edge and Key. Van Dam turns around and sees Angle proping himself up the corner and hits Angle with the Van Terminator. RVD covers Angle but Key manages to pull him off the Olympic Gold Medallist.

Key plants RVD with a powerbomb before being jumped from behind by Edge. Key and Edge square off once more and trade a bunch more punches. Edge takes advantage with a kick to the midsection but Key reverses a whip attempt and takes Edge down with a huge clothesline but he only can get the 2. Key takes Edge to one of the corners and beats him down with first fits and then throws the boot in for good measure. Key knows that he is the man leading this battle and he taunts the crowd full of arrogance here tonight. Key goes back for Angle and tries to send him back down but Angle blocks his punches and these two brawl. Angle pulls of a huge triplet of german suplexes on Key and Key looks god dead and burried. Angle gets back to his feet and gets hit with a Spear by Edge. Edge tries to go for the cover but Rob Van Dam lands a leg drop on the pin and breaks it up before it even reaches the two. Van Dam quickly takes Edge out of the picture throwing him to the outside before laying some boots to the moving Angle. Van Dam screws up and misses the buckle on his way up top but eventually gets to the top but so is Angle who burst into life and brings Rob Van Dam with a huge arm drag of the top rope. Angle jumps up and down in the middle of the ring to make his point and hits RVD with a huge Angle Slam and makes the cover but somehow Rob Van Dam kicks out just before the three. Angle holds his hands on his head in disbelief as this match still goes on.

Angle shouts at the referee while dropping his straps and quickly locks in the Angle lock. Angle is furious. Rob Van Dam looks in serious trouble and he crawls across the floor in need of the bottom rope. Van Dam makes it to one of the ropes but Angle cruelly pulls him back and the crowd are red hot. Van Dam looks like he may tap. Key hits Angle with the steel chair that Van Dam brought into the ring earlier and Angle collapses like a tonne of bricks, Key inevitably saving Van Dam from having to tap out just as he was about to. Key throws the chair to the ground and grabs hold of Van Dam. What is Key going to do? Key takes RVD and plants him with the Face Eraser right onto the steel chair, Key quickly making the cover and getting the 1,2,3 for the Win. Key retains the WWF Hardcore Championship.

Winner - Key - still WWF Hardcore Champion

We go backstage once more and we see Jerry Lawler chatting away with Stone Cold Steve Austin. Lawler still looks in a bad condition following the beating he recieved on Smackdown on Thursday but he will fight tonight - that is for certain. While we don't hear what is going on, Austin and Lawler do seem to be having a very heated conversation.

We then go to Michael Cole who is somewhere else backstage with the WWF Womens Champion, Trish who is moments away from defending her title belt against the number one contender, Daffney Unger. Cole asks Trish how she feels about defending her WWF Womens title on the grandest stage of them all in her homeland and Trish says sthat she is real excited. Trish said that it's one thing being Womens Champion, but there is another thing being at WrestleMania and even more so when its in your home town. But, with all that in mind, Trish said that her priority tonight is to retain this title and she knows she's up against possibly her biggest challenge yet but she knows deep in her heart of hearts, she can do this. Trish makes one finally rally for the crowd thanking them for their support and she gets a big pop. Trish vs. Daffney is next!

Match #3 WWF Womens Championship

Daffney Unger makes his way to the ring to a chorus of boos from the Canadian audience here tonight, the crowd really backing their Canadian counterpart here tonight. Daffney looked very focused as she made her way to the ring and she signalled to the crowd her intent and that was to win the Womens Title here tonight. Trish finally came out to a huge pop from the crowd - one can sure that the WWF fans are certainly getting their stratusfaction tonight and they are not scared of showing it here in Toronto. Daffney and Trish go toe to toe as soon as Trish enters the ring and the referee has to snatch the title out of the hands of the Womens Champion. Both women trade words before Daffney makes the first move with a huge kick to the gut getting a big response from the crowd; the fans don't like their home town girl getting kicked like that. Daffney started the match off with some big fists to Trish but her whip failed her, Trish coming back with a big clothesline getting the crowd going. Trish sent Daffney into the corner of the ring and went for the follow up but Daffney sent her backward with a boot before throwing Trish with force into the turnbuckle. Daffney went beserk in the corner kicking and punching Trish with hard blows, so much so that the referee had to pull her back but Daffney went back for more only for Trish to counter and do the same to her.

Trish pulled Daffney out of the corner and hit her with some huge back hand chops, then hitting her with a DDT and getting a 2 from the cover. Trish quickly got back up to her feet and folowed up with a bulldog on Daffney but that also wasn't good enough for the pin either. Trish got Daffney back up to her feet and went for another whip into the corner but Daffney countered sending Trish into the turnbuckle before hitting her with a huge hurricanranna. Daffney quickly grabbed Trish back to her feet sending her straight into the ropes and planted her with with a tilt o' whirl backbreaker that should have got the pin but Trish somehow managed to kick out from. Daffney got back to her feet and stomped down on Trish, Daffney looking in total control here. Daffney turned Trish so she faced chest up before climbing up top and taunted the crowd and the crowd gave her a mouthful in return. Daffney tried for the moonsault but Trish smartly got the knees causing Unger to crash land causing her substantial pain and giving Trish some rest time.

The crowd got behind their home town girl and she started to show signs of life around the 6 count, Daffney quickly followed suit. Both women traded hard chops but Trish had the harder shot and landed Daffney with an atomic drop. Trish followed up with a Spinebuster on Unger. Trish raised her hand to the crowd grabbing hold of Daffney and went for the Stratusfaction but Unger smartly countered the move throwing Trish to the floor before planting her with a drop kick Trish accidently taking the referee down with her. Daffney tried to follow up with a clothesline but Trish ducked before hitting Daffney with a neckbreaker. Trish quickly followed with a bulldog and hooked the leg of Unger but there was no ref. Trish had the match won! Trish lifts Daffney back up to her feet and points for the crowd but as she goes for the Stratusfaction, Hugh Morrus appears out of nowhere cracking Trish across the temple with a huge fist sending Trish down. Daffney quickly takes advantage and plants Trish with the Jumping DDT before hooking the leg and taking the three to become the new womens champion.

Winner - Daffney Unger - New WWF Womens Champion

After the match ended, Daffney hardly showed any sign of emotion as she raised her WWF Women’s Championship. JR said that Daffney looked like a woman who felt she deserved to be where she now is and quite frankly, in his opinion, she doesn’t but that didn’t change the fact! Daffney has the WWF Womens Title! Hugh Morrus finally got in the picture and raised Daffney’s arm once more before we head backstage.

We head backstage to see Torrie Wilson chatting with Marc Mero ahead of the WWF Cruiserweight Championship Invitational Match. Torrie tells Mero how proud she is of him to be hosting an Invitational Match for his Cruiserweight Championship and Mero acts all smug. Mero tells Torrie that he appreciates her compliments but at the end of the day, this match was no big deal. Mero says that compared to him, all of the Cruiserweight division in the WWF are simply mediocre and that he won’t even need to break a sweat tonight to retain his belt. Torrie wishes Mero luck. The Cruiserweight Match is next!

Match #4 WWF Cruiserweight Championship Invitational Match

Stage 1: Kazhurio vs. TAKA Michinoku

The match kicked off with two wrestlers who were no strangers to one another as together they formed two thirds of the new Japanese super stable which was around during the latter days of Heat. TAKA was not happy that he had been drawn against his own team mate and he ordered Kaz to get to the ground and allow him to cover but Kaz was not happy. The two men began to have a heated argument which resulted in a huge slap by TAKA which knocked Kaz backward. While the crowd expected Kaz to hit back, Kaz was suprisingly apologetic and got down to the ground allowing TAKA the cover and TAKA was pleased - however what happened next was not what he had planed for. TAKA hooked the leg and made a cocky pin on Kazuhiro but Kaz didn't allow it, kicking out aggressively. Both men quickly got back to their feet and Kaz took it straight to TAKA with some huge back hand chops. Kaz drove TAKA into the ropes and took him down with a hurricanrana with a pin attempt but TAKA kicked out on the two and took Kaz down with a stiff clothesline.

TAKA sent Kaz into the corner and hit him with some hard chops of his own marking up the chest of his former team mate. TAKA then tried to whip Kaz into the adjacent corner but Kaz pulled him around and dropped him with a huge standing drop kick. Kaz quickly went for the cover but TAKA kicked out again on the two. Kaz grabbed hold of TAKA and locked up around his waist but TAKA fought out with big elbows before getting behind Kaz and took him down with a waist lock take down. TAKA and Kaz got back to their feet and TAKA sent Kaz back to the mat with a couple of arm drags before kicking him in the gut and planting Kaz with a huge brainbuster. TAKA thought he had the three but Kaz somehow got the shoulder up.

TAKA grabbed hold of Kaz and sent him to the corner and beat him with some huge right hand shots. TAKA lifted Kaz onto the top rope and looked to go for the Superplex but Kaz tried to fight him off with some hard shots of his own. Kaz sent TAKA flying off the turnbuckle to the ground and tried to steady himself on the top rope but TAKA was quick and hit the ropes causing Kaz to lose balance and ruin his day. TAKA got back to his feet and through some more hard shots at Kaz before grabbing hold of his head and hitting Kaz with a huge DDT off the turnbuckle. TAKA had little left to do, hooking the leg and getting the three to take him through to the next match.

**Kazuhiro is eliminated**

Stage 2: TAKA Michinoku vs. Crash Holly

As soon as the bell rung to announce Kazhuiro's elimination, Crash Holly's music blast through the PA system and the former WWF Cruiserweight Champion made his way to the ring. Crash wasted little time atacking TAKA with some big right hands before sending him into the ropes and planting him with a drop kick. Crash hit TAKA quickly after with a snapmare before following up with a second drop kick to the back with a pin attempt but TAKA got the shoulder up. Crash however continued on the aggressive and hit TAKA with a huge backbreaker that nearly took the win. But the match continued and so did Crash's mean streak. Crash hit TAKA with a bulldog manouver before attempting to go for the atomic drop but TAKA countered throwing him off the top and to the outside.

TAKA hit a suicide plancha onto Crash onto the outside that got a huge response from the crowd but he didn't take long to bring him back to the ring. TAKA stomped away on Crash and taunted the crowd showing his dominance in the match before grabbing hold of Crash and lifted him back to his feet. One kick to the gut later, Crash was airbourne and as TAKA went for the powerbomb, Crash cleverly countered and hit TAKA with a big DDT that nearly took the three. Crash was in shock. He thought he had the three. Crash beat TAKA down to the ground once more before pulling him closer to the corner and going up top. Crash went for a diving splash off of the top but TAKA got the knees up and drover the wind out of the 400lb cruiserweight before taking his head off a side kick that did enough to get the pinfall. TAKA has survived again!

*Crash Holly is eliminated*

Stage 3 : TAKA Michinoku vs. The Hurricane

This match kicked off while Crash had to be escorted out of the arena, Crash incredibly suprised by the outcome of the last match. Hurricane and TAKA locked up in the ring and The Hurricane quickly took the strength advantage over TAKA knocking him down with a shoulder tackle. The Hurricane got back up and planted TAKA with a russian legsweep and was unlucky not to get the three count. TAKA fought back once more with some huge right hands before planting The Hurricane with a double knee to the face that sent The Hurricane realing before scoring a beautifully excuted belly to belly suplex on the Super Hero. TAKA tried to take the three there and then but The Hurricane got the shoulder up.

TAKA hit the Hurricane with a snap suplex before heading up to the top rope. The cocky TAKA planted The Hurricane with a huge drop kick before going for the cover once more but once again, only got the two. TAKA decided to put The Hurricane in the head lock to slow the match down but the crowd got firmly behind him and sprung to life to give him support. The Hurricane slowly got back to his feet and slowly began to budge giving way some some elbows and fists before the Hurricane burst to live with a belly to belly suplex. TAKA got up in shock and got taken down with some clotheslines before The Hurricane drove TAKA's head into the mat with a DDT.

The Hurricane got back to his feet and pointed up to the crowd as TAKA tried to get back to his senses but it was no use - The Hurricane was ready and waiting and hit TAKA with the flying neckbreaker. The Hurricane quickly got back to his feet and got the crowd behind him once more before hitting TAKA with the Shining Wizard, The Hurricane dropping to his knees and hooking the leg of TAKA and getting the 1,2,3 for win, eliminating TAKA from the Invitational.

*TAKA Michinoku has been eliminated*

Stage 4: The Hurricane vs ?

After the three count, to say that TAKA was distraught was nothing short of an understatement. TAKA got out of the ring and pleeded with the second official but he was having none of it and TAKA began to yell something in Japanese at him. Meanwhile, The Hurricane waited in the ring when suddenly the lights dimmed....

Wait is that...

No....

It can't be...

It's...It's GILLBERG!

Gillberg came down the ramp way to a huge pop from the crowd, as the smoke, sparklers and all awaited the greatest legend of them all as he made his way down to the ring for his biggest test yet. Gillberg wasted little time going straight to the announce table to pick up a mic and the head into the ring. Gillberg, growling only like a poodle can, yanked out his tongue to the crowd before asking the Hurricane a huge. "You want to know who's Next?" "YOU'RE NEXT ARRRRGH!". The Hurricane however had different plans grabbing hold of Gillberg by the throat and hitting him with a huuuge chokeslam before making the cover and taking the three, the crowd ecstatic. The Hurricane has just eliminated his second man of the Invitational.

*Gillberg is eliminated*

Stage 5: The Hurricane vs. Jerry Lynn

In an invitational full of suprises, Jerry Lynn made his return to the WWF as part of the Cruiserweight Invitational, taking many of the WWF fans by suprise. The match kicked off with both The Hurricane and Lynn shaking hands in the middle of the ring, a move which the fans applauded before the fight with kicked off with an elbow tie up. Lynn over powered The Hurricane and took him to the ground with a waist drag before locking him in with an armbar submission torquing the arm till The Hurricane reached the ropes. Lynn pulled The Hurricane back and planted him with a huge face buster before saluting the crowd.

Lynn sent The Hurricane into the corner of the ring before crashing into him with a corner splash, Lynn following up with a sit out facebuster but was unable to captialise with the pin. The Hurricane began to come to life and tried to fight out of the head lock he was put in for the second time in this tournament but Lynn this stopped with a knee to the gut before he got planted with a standing drop kick that once again nearly got Lynn the win.

Lynn took The Hurricane to the corner and threw some right fists at him. The Hurricane tooke 3 or 4 before reversing the corner move and this time The Hurricane unleashing on Lynn. The Hurricane took control with the match sending Lynn into the ropes before taking him down with a cross body that Lynn just about kicked out of. The Hurricane knew he was only a millisecond away from there and you can tell that The Hurricane wants it. The Hurricane landed Lynn with a leg drop before heading up to the top rope. Everyone knew what was on The Hurricane's mind here but so did Lynn and Lynn halted Hurricane's attack. Both men began to trade punches but Lynn managed to take control. Lynn climbed up the turnbuckle hit The Hurricane with a huge Superplex taking the wind out of both of the competitors in this match up.

After some substantial time, Lynn crawled over the body of The Hurricane and went for the cover but The Hurricane managed to get the shoulder up. How the hell did he do that? Maybe he really is a Super Hero? Despite the pressure that was now against the Hurricane after the kick out, Lynn kept his nerves bringing The Hurricane back to a vertical base to kick him hrad in the gut and planted The Hurricane with a Spinning Powerbomb for the three eliminating the Hurricane from the tournament.

*The Hurricane is eliminated*

Stage 6: Jerry Lynn vs. Marc Mero

Lynn got back to his feet and had his arm raised as Marc Mero made his entrance to the ring. JR said that if he wasn't mistaken, this would indeed be the last contestant in the Cruiserweight Invitational and Marc Mero looked like he was ready for war. Mero and Lynn locked up as soon as Mero entered the ring and Mero was sent into the corner. Lynn tried to take the offensive from there but Mero cleverly halted his approach with a thumb to the eye before taking Lynn down with a huge shot to the back of the head. Mero got Lynn back up and planted him with a huge backbreaker before making the cover but Lynn got the shoulder up.

Mero hit Lynn with a huge vertical suplex before going for another cover but Lynn was again kicked out again and Mero began to get annoyed slamming the floor. Mero pulled Lynn up to a vertical base and began to slap Lynn around talking smack before Lynn burst to live with a huge clothesline that nearly took Mero's head off, before Lynn drove Mero's head into the ring post. Mero came out and got hit with a huge German Suplex witha bridge and the crowd thought Lynn had it but Mero somehow kicked out and the match had to go on.

Lynn missed a clothesline and Mero countered with a neckbreaker. Mero went to the outside of the ring and hit a perfectly timed springboard leg drop onto the neck of Lynn but he couldn't get the three. Pancake Slam on Lynn. Mero signalled that the end was near and lifted Lynn up for the TKO but Lynn cleverly countered the move and went for a roll up, is this it.....1..........2..............Lynn has the tights.....3......Jerry Lynn has stolen this match from Marc Mero! The crowd go wild! Jerry Lynn has become the new WWF Cruiserweight Champion! The referee grabs hold of the title belt and hands it to Lynn who raises it to the crowd the crowd shocked at the outcome of this match up!

Winner - Jerry Lynn - and new WWF Cruiserweight Champion

Jerry Lynn climbed up the turnbuckle and raised the title to crowd once more celebrating his victory when none other than Al Snow comes out at the entrance way. Al Snow announces that he has a message from the bosses backstage and he says that there has been some sort of miscalculation because there is in fact, one more competitor in this match up and his name is……BRIAN MOORE!

WWF Cruiserweight Championship Match

Jerry Lynn © vs. Brian Moore

This match will forever live in the memory of many WWF fans but not for the right reasons. As Brian Moore made his elaborate entrance to the ring, once again professing that the crowd "don't know what it is like to be him", Marc Mero jumped the newly crowned WWF Cruiserweight Champion with a steel chair knocking him clean out. If that wasn't enough though, Mero then hit Lynn with the TKO, taking sick pleasure in destroying Jerry Lynn's success.

Brian Moore didn't have much left to do, quickly hitting Lynn with a Canadian Backbreaker before hooking the leg of the newly crowned WWF Cruiserweight Champion to win the title.

Winner - Brian Moore - and new WWF Cruiserweight Champion

After the match, Moore quickly grabbed hold of the Cruiserweight Championship and acted like he’d just been in a 60 Minute Iron Man Match. Mero on the other hand backs away from the ring staring down at Jerry Lynn as he regains consciousness and Mero looks real proud of himself.

We go straight backstage once more to see The Undertaker arriving in the arena with his suitcase ready for his WWF Championship Match later in the night! Will The Undertaker be able to go 10-0 and capture the WWF Championship for the third time in his career?

Match #5 WWF European Championship Match

William Regal makes his way to the ring to a small amount of Heat from the crowd not that Regal minded. He was fired up tonight and ready to go in this big European Championship Match Up. After some deliberation, Rikishi made his entrance to a huge response from the crowd, the Phat man proving that he still has his fans here. But can he defeat William Regal?

Regal and Rikishi start off with an elbow tie up but Rikishi dominates Regal in terms of power and sends him straight to the corner. Rikishi beats down at Regal in the corner before sending him into the ropes looking for an early back body drop but Regal quickly grabs the ropes and pulls himself to the outside. Regal tells the crowd he's had enough and begins to the march up the ramp way but Rikishi cuts him off attacking from behind before bringing him back to ring side. Both men brawl on the outside and Regal takes advantage with a knee to the midsection, only to have Rikishi counter his Irish whip attempt sending Regal knee first into the steel steps. Rikishi broke up the count before bringing Regal back to the ring. Rikishi hit Regal with a leg drop and went for a cover but Regal kicked out.

Rikishi takes Regal back into the corner and beats him down with some right hand chops lightening up that pectoral region before dropping him down with a big clothesline. Rikishi picks up Regal and headbutts him busting Regal open. Rikishi pulls off a huge belly to belly suplex on Regal nearly pulls out the victory but Regal instinctively clutches on to the bottom rope. Rikishi doesn't like the fact Regal has ring prowess and gives him a face buster for his trouble. Rikishi gives Regal no time to rest bringing him back to his feet and then back into the ropes but Regal smartly uses the ropes for the second time in the match this time kicking Rikishi in the ace as he went for the back body drop before hitting him with a swinging DDT. Regal made the cover but only got the 2.

Regal quickly tries to lock Rikishi in the STF but Rikishi moves around and makes it difficult and Regal resorts to a beat down. Rikishi gets back to his feet and Regal tries to take Rikishi back to the ground with a German Suplex but Rikishi is too heavy and he knocks Regal backwards with his rear. Regal gets back up but Rikishi kicks him in the gut before whipping him hard into the corner and then came the splash. Ouch! That's gotta hurt William. Regal's day wasn't going to get better as he slumped into the corner. Regal better close his eyes and mouth because here comes THE STINKFACE! Regal gets back to his feet looking like he's about to choke when he gets hit with Rikshi's Savate Kick. Rikishi gets down quickly and hooks the leg but somehow Regal gets the shoulder up.

Rikishi can't believe it and complains to the referee but the ref says there is nothing he can do. Meanwhile, Regal has his hand in his tights. He's just pulled out the brass knucks. Rikishi goes back over to Regal who grabs hold of Rikishi's clothing as to try and keep himself up but smartly pushes Rikishi back into the referee taking him out before taking Rikishi out with the knucks. Rikishi is out cold. Regal gets back on top of Rikishi and locks in the STF chucking the knucks out of the ring so the referee can't see. The referee gets back to his feet and notices the unconscious Rikishi in the submission move and thinks he's passed out as a result of the hold and quickly calls for the bell. It can't be! Regal has just stole this one!

Winner - William Regal - and New WWF European Champion

As soon as the match ends, Regal shifts out of the ring to grab hold of his title belt as Rikishi looks on in shock. Rikishi was just shafted out of the WWF European Title by Regal!

The Coach interviewed The Rock in the backstage area. He asked him about WrestleMania and the huge number of fans in the audience. The Rock went off about how the fans are stupid if they boo him because they all know that he had justified reasons for doing what he did on RAW. The Rock said that The Undertaker repeatedly turned his back on him and left him out to dry and The Rock couldn’t stand for it anymore. The Coach asks The Rock if he has any fear going into this match up knowing that The Undertaker is looking to go 10-0 in this match tonight and The Rock said Taker’s goal’s are inconsequential and that The only things that matter is that The Rock is the better than the Deadman and when it’s all said and done, The Rock will still be WWF Champion.

Non-Title Match

The crowd were suprisingly high on this match despite the rumours that the two of them had an overinflated card place and Bulldog and Test both got good crowd responses, even though Bulldog's were cheers and Test's were boos. The match began with both wrestlers locked up in the middle of the ring both trying to out power the others, the announcers making the point that both of these wrestlers have a real desire to win this match and neither man would let the other through easily. After the first tie up failed, both men made a second attempt, this time Test looking to be making more of a force than Bulldog but there was once again no movement and this frustrated Test immensely. The two locked horns once more and there STILL was no movement, at least until Test threw the first boot in.

When the tie up finally split, both men began to brawl but Test was the man who was on the advantage and he drove Bulldog into the corner. Test choked Bulldog with his big boot in the corner before coming away posing only to get clotheslined down by Bulldog seconds later. Bulldog came out with some big clothelsines and then sent Test back into the corner but Test sensed the danger and quickly dodged Bulldog's corner splash. Test immediately got behind Bulldog and chucked him into the corner throwing hard right hands at the man from Manchester England before back body dropping him to the ground, Test finally looking the man in control. Test planted Bulldog with a sidewalk slam and went for the cover but Bulldog got the shoulder up on the two. The match continued.

Test grabbed hold of Bulldog and threw him to the outside before following up. Test showed no respect for the WWF legend throwing him hard into the barricade before dropping him hard on top of it. Test had to break up the count before going back to his opponent who was the introduced to the ring post, the sound of skull on metal clanging hard through the arena. Test brought Bulldog back to the ring and arrogantly made the foot on chest pin on Bulldog thinking it was through but Bulldog kicked on the two with ease to Test's suprise. Test slammed Bulldog to the mat before climbing up top and took a chip out of 2001 hit the diving elbow drop right into the heart of his opponent. Test went for another cover but Bulldog kicked out again. What more does he have to do?

Test stomped down on his opponent to keep him horizontal before grabbing hold of the Bulldog's leg and locking in the sharpshooter on him - a move Bulldog will know only too well . Bulldog managed to get to the bottom of the ropes without too much pain but Test wouldn't let go of the hold and he had to be forced off by the referee. Test was once more showing that vicious streak that he showed against The Undertaker oh so many times over the past few months and he wasn't going to stop tonight. Test had a go at the referee before going back to Bulldog who was now trying to get back to a vertical base and sent some more right hands his way keeping him down but Bulldog kept trying to get back up.

A concerned Test through some more punches in but nothing worked and he resorted to an irish whip. Bulldog came back with a clothesline. Then another. He wanted another and got one. Test got sent into the ropes and hit with a bodyslam. My God! Bulldog is back in this. Bulldog went straight for Test's leg and he locked in the sharpshooter on Test! Test looked in serious pain and quickly scambled for the bottom ropes. Bulldog is on fire! Bulldog hit Test with a facebuster and then went for the cover but Test got the shoulder up. The crowd were hoping for the victory there. Bulldog grabbed hold of Test and attempted to whip Test into the turnbuckle but Test countered and sent Bulldog in followed by a huge avalanche Splash. Bulldog wandered into no man's lam and got hit with a rear sit out mat slam for his trouble. Test hooked the leg but Bulldog kicked out again on the 2.

Test got back to his feet and stomped his leg and went for the big boot on Bulldog but he got out of the way and Test crashed into the ring post. That's going to do nothing for your hamstring whatsoever! Bulldog came back and went for a belly to belly suplex but Test fought out with some fists. Test bounced off the ropes to go for a clothesline but Bulldog responds with a kick to the gut and hits Test with the Powerslam! The crowd go wild as Bulldog makes the cover after the finisher but Test somehow finds the bottom rope with his boot. Bulldog can't believe it. Bulldog grabs hold of Test and violently kicks him in the gut for a second time before lifting him onto his shoulder. Bulldog attempts the Powerslam but Test slides off the back of Bulldog's shoulder and this time he kicks Bulldog in the gut and hits Bulldog with the pumphandle slam. Test however didn't go for the pin and waited for Bulldog to rise to hit him with the big boot this time the cover making the three.

Winner Test

Test left the ring as soon as the bell rang and celebrated on the ramp way, Test doing very well to score a victory against a man like The British Bulldog.

Backstage, Vince McMahon had a meeting with his three "henchmen", Ron Waterman, X-Pac and of course Diamond Dallas Page. Vince told his guys that he's got the call he's been waiting for and that his match with Jerry Lawler is now officially a No-DQ match. Waterman told Vince that this was excellent news and that they could strategise but Vince wouldn't hear anything of it. In fact, Vince wanted all of his cronies to remain backstage. Despite by the protests of both Waterman and X-Pac, Vince said that tonight he is going to show the world just how fake Lawler really is and take back what is rightfully is and he guarandamteed it.

Next up were P.O.D who performed the WrestleMania X8 theme song: Now that’s a tune!

WWF Tag Team Championship Match

The Dudley Boyz vs. DX

This is the first of the four WrestleMania Main Events and the crowd are anxious in their seats for the return of DX to the squared circle. But before the fans could see DX return to Toronto, first came the Dudley Boyz who get tremendous heat from the crowd. Bubba Ray and D-Von shove the titles in the fans faces Bubba yelling that it's going down here tonight. Finally, the crowd hear the words they have been waiting for..."ARE YOU READY?" as DX's music blasts out of the PA system to a huge pop from the crowd. Triple H and HBK looked right back in the thick of things as they made their way down to ringside high fiving many of the crowd on their way.

When DX got to the ring, The Dudley Boyz wasted not time grabbing hold of some mics and getting the faces of them. The Dudleyz had only one intention tonight and that was to punk out DX big time but DX snatched the mics out of the hands of the half brothers to ask the crowd if they were REAAAADY? DX tried to get through their speil but The Dudleyz had other intentions clobberin' Shawn Michaels just as he was about to sign off. A four man brawl kicked off in the middle of the ring, Bubba and Triple H and D-Von and HBK all exchanging blows. Triple H cleared Bubba from the ring with a huge clothesline and followed him to the outside of the ring with HBK and D-Von continued to brawl. D-Von took the power advantage over Shawn and whipped him into the ropes but Shawn was full of fire and took D-Von down with a diving clothesline. Meanwhile on the outside, Triple H sends Bubba hard into the steel steps. It looks like DX are dominating in the early goings.

HBK got back to his feet and drove D-Von into his corner with right hand shots before tagging in The Game. Triple H rushed into the ring and delivered some more devistating shots before whipping him into the ropes and hitting him with a high knee which got the 2 from the cover. Triple H grabs hold of D-Von and throws him into DXs corners and beats away some more with some vicious pounding shots to the ribs. HBK tags back in and they go straight for the double team on D-Von with a double clothesline. HBK gets back up and throws D-Von into the corner again and he gets the back hand chop treatment. D-Von is getting slapped around like a government mule folks! D-Von finally ends the beat down with the thumb to the eye and quickly brings in Bubba, D-Von evidently suffering from the chops.

Bubba comes in and immediately takes control with some elbows to the head of HBK before sending him into the ropes and dropping him with a clothesline. Bubba delivers multiple right hands to HBK before bringing him back to the Dudleyz corner and choking him out irrating Triple H who tried to stop the unfair attack only to be halted by the referee. Bubba hit HBK with the scoop slam before tagging D-Von in who dived off the top rope with a leg drop. D-Von covered but HBK kicked out on the two. D-Von was unlucky there! D-Von hits HBK with a standing drop kick before putting him in a headlock and slowing down the pace. HBK struggled for some time in the hold but with the help of Triple H and the fans, he slowly began to get back to his feet. After a scrap, HBK was free but D-Von halted any moment with a spinning elbow that knocked HBK down like a tonne of bricks.

Bubba got back into the ring and immediately continued the beat down on HBK. 2 or three right hands went in before he dropped Michaels properly with a big elbow. Bubba smarlty used the ropes to his advantage planting Shawn with a big elbow drop that got him the two from the pin attempt, Michaels very lucky to kick out there. Bubba made the tag back out to D-Von and the Tag Team Champs went for the double team on Michaels but Michaels somehow find the strength to counter the double back drop, kicking Bubba in the face before hitting D-Von with a sitout facebuster! An in pain Michaels desperately crawled to his corner, the fans on their feet. Can he make the tag? YES HE CAN! Triple H runs into the ring and he takes down Bubba with a clothesline, then D-Von, then Bubba again. Triple H hits D-Von with a big back body drop and then takes Bubba out of the ring with a clothesline. Triple H raises his arms to the crowd like a man posessed.

Triple H waits for D-Von to get back up to a vertical base and kicks him in the gut going immediately for the Pedigree but D-Von conunters the move sending him over the his back before using the ropes to drop Triple H with a running drop kick. D-Von knocks Shawn Michaels off of the apron and then looks for his brother but he is not to be seen. D-Von sets Triple H up for a DDT but Triple H counters the move before going for a second pedigree and this time it connects! Triple H makes the cover......1.............2......................Bubba breaks up the count. Bubba despite protests from the referee hits Triple H with the Bubba Bomb and immediately pulls D-Von over. The referee once more makes the count but Triple H somehow manages to get the shoulder up just before the three. How the hell did Triple H do that?

Bubba slams the apron hard. He's furious. He was certain it should have been a three. Bubba climbed off and went over to the announce tables grabbing hold of a steel chair with evil intentions but HBK stopped anything happening hitting Sweet Chin Music onto the chair into the face of Bubba and the crowd went crazy. D-Von climbs up top but Triple H stops him hitting the ropes D-Von losing balance. Triple H climbs up the turnbuckle and hits D-Von with a huge Superplex and Shawn Michaels is already celebrating. But something isn't right. Triple H looks awkward. What's going on. D-Von puts his arm over Triple H! Shawn look around!.........1....................2...Shawn look!.........3.......The Dudley Boyz retain the titles! How the hell has this happened? HBK turns around as the Dudley Boyz music hits in absolute shock! He thought Triple H had this match won!

Winners - The Dudley Boyz – still WWF Tag Team Champions

After The Dudleyz left the ring, Shawn Michaels joined Triple H who was still lying flat in the centre of the ring and looked in a huge amount of pain. EMTs eventually rushed to the scene to come to his aid and Triple H got stretchered out of the arena, neck brace and all and the crowd gave both men a round of applause as the left, showing their respect for two men who obviously gave their all tonight

Last Man Standing Match

After 2 months of mind games, this feud finally reached fever pitch with this Last Man Standing Match. Kane and Paul Heyman made their way to the ring first to some good heat from the crowd, Heyman prophicising on the way down that this is indeed the end for Stone Cold. But the Rattlesnake had different plans and as the Glass Shattered and the crowd erupted in the arena, Stone Cold came throw the crowd with a steel chair attacking Kane from behind with a thunderous shot that kicked the match off, Austin immediately driving Kane to the outside of the ring. Despite 5 chair shots from the Rattlesnake, Kane landed on both feet on the outside and stared right back at Austin, although he seemed hesitant to get back in the ring. Heyman told Kane to "sick" Austin and you could tell he wanted to and Austin wanted him to try.

Austin grinned an evil grin and dropped the chair. He just wanted Kane back in the ring and he knew he'd done what was intended. Kane was scared and Austin knew it. Kane got back in the ring cautiously and two man finally strated exchanging right hands Austin and Kane going back and forth in the ring. Austin ducked a Kane shot and went for a Stunner but Kane countered the move and sent Kane over the top rope. Heyman tried to sneak attack Austin caught him and clobbered him good. Kane made it to the outside and halted Austin's attack throwing him hard against the ramp way both men starting to brawl up it to the entrance way. Kane hit Austin with a huge upper cut which sent him flying backwards but Kane couldn't lock in the chokeslam, Austin kicking him low and releasing himself just in the nick of time. Both men went through the curtains and the match continued referee in tow.

Backstage, both men use all the weapons at hand to their advantage. Austin counters a Kane whip into some sort of container and bounces Kane's head off the top. Austin then quickly sends him into some trash cans at the opposite side. Austin goes back for more but walks straight into an uppercut from Kane who this time takes control. Kane rams Austin's head into a wall before picking up one of the trash can lids and smashing it over Austin's skull. Kane isn't done there as in act of defiance against the surrounding people, Kane harpoons Stone Cold through a glass window Austin crashing onto some furniture in the room he is thrown through. JR notices that Austin broke a table in there. Tazz hopes the bill won't be too big. Kane demands the referee makes the count and the referee begins the 10 count, Austin starting to get back to his feet on the 5 not much to Kane's liking at all who proceeds to pull Austin back through the door way and into the corridor. Kane dragging Austin forward.

Kane grabs hold of a lead pipe and swings it at Austin's head but Austin ducks the shot before tackling Kane to the ground and begins to beat Kane down with big right hands. Austin asks Kane as he heads over towards to the coffee area if Kane is thirsty because Austin wants to know if he wants a cup of coffee! A whole jug of black coffee is poured over Kane, the monster yelling in pain as the coffee scolds his body. Kane tries to shake it off but fails to notice Austin climbing a dumpster of sorts, Austin diving off with a double axehandle to Kane. Kane gets back to his feet and Austin hits Kane with the Stone Cold Stunner and the crowd go wild as the referee begins to make the 10 count. Kane sits up after the 3.

Austin walks off in search of another weapon while Kane follows him - it looks like Austin is heading to the technical area. Austin grabs hold of a chair and folds it up but Heyman jumps out of nowhere and begins to choke Austin with some sort of tV cable. Where the hell Heyman came from I don't know! Austin tries to get Heyman off him but Kane quickly catches up and takes Austin's head off with a big clothesline. Kane grabs hold of Austin and and flings him into some technical equipment that caused the lights to flash off and on in the area and Heyman praises Kane. Austin locks in a hell of a lot of trouble as Kane lifts him onto his shoulders and powerbombs the Rattlesnake through a table next to some speaker equipment, Austin cutting his back open in the process. The crowd look on stunned!

Austin is barely moving as Kane raises his arms the crowd outraged by what they are seeing. Heyman is screaming at Austin “I TOLD YOU!” screams Heyman, “I TOLD YOU AUSTIN!”…. The referee began to make the count and Heyman was already raising Kane’s arm around the 7. But as the 8 came in, Austin began to shuffle back up and Heyman couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Heyman told Kane to get right back on it straight away and Kane went for it but Austin tried to fight him away with fists – nevertheless Kane kept coming. Austin managed to get back to a vertical case but Kane drove a knee into Austin and Austin dropped. Austin tried to make his way back ring ward but Kane was right behind him, Heyman spitting orders. The crowd cheer as Austin climbs back to ring side and once more Kane and Austin begin to brawl on the outside Kane taking quick advantage with his superior punching. Kane gets countered on an Irish whip and Kane goes flying into the ring post Austin quickly following up with a chop block, Austin resulting afterwards to beating Kane on the ground with fists.

Austin grabs hold of the steel steps and rams them into the head of Kane before dropping the steps onto the torso of Kane. Austin climbs on to the apron and dives off double stomping on top of the steel steps crushing the ribs of Kane. Austin grabs hold of Kane and rolls him into the ring and follows him in. Austin begs Kane to get back to his feet and Kane does what he’s told. Austin hits the Stunner on Kane and Kane bounces over the ring like a rag doll. The referee starts counting. This has got to be it! The referee makes the count, Kane looks out of it now and Heyman looks distraught – he is begging Kane to get up but the count is already at 6. KANE LIVES! Kane sits up. Stone Cold can’t believe it. Austin is battered and bloody at yet the most lives. Austin kicks Kane in the chest and knocks him back down but Kane sits up again. Austin is holding his head.

Austin turns his attention to the ring post and quickly unbuckles one of the covers; Kane is getting back to his feet. Kane eventually makes his way over to Austin cover now off and Kane gets for a shot but Austin blocks it and both men begin to brawl. Austin gets knocked to his knees by a huge right hand. Austin then hits Kane with a low blow. It doesn’t matter how tough you are, how powerful you are! A Low blow is a low blow! Austin gets back to his feet and kicks Kane in the gut. Austin goes for a Stunner but Kane cleverly counters and sends Austin back first into the ring post he unbuckled. Austin is writhing in pain but Kane isn’t finished! Kane has hold of Austin by the neck! CHOKESLAM ON THE RATTLESNAKE. Kane just drove Austin right into the centre of the ring.

Kane demands that the referee count and the referee does so, Kane watching Austin as he wriggles on the ground. Heyman watches on cautiously but Austin still shows some sign of life. Austin get back on all at the 8 and Austin is trying to grab hold of something to get himself up, he’s even using Kane’s tights. Kane grabs hold of Kane with both hands by the head. What is Kane thinking of doing next? Kane lifts Austin up and he goes for the Tombstone on Austin! My God! Don’t do it Kane! Kane connects with the Tombstone Piledriver. Austin isn’t moving and JR is shrieking with concern! Austin could have just broken his neck again. Kane stands over the lifeless Austin as the referee counts the 10 count and Heyman is utterly ecstatic. Kane raises the arm of the Big Red Monster who just defeated the Rattlesnake at WrestleMania!

Winner Kane

Kane stood in the middle of the ring unemotional after the match while Heyman yapped on like a man possessed telling The Rattlesnake that it was over and that he was through. For the second time in the night, EMTs rushed to the ring to check on Stone Cold who looked lifeless. Stone Cold however, being a man’s man, refused to accept any help from the EMTs and despite a serious limp, chose to walk out of the arena rather than be carried the fans cheering him along the way. Stone Cold gave the crowd the middle finger salute, a dejected and emotional JR hoping that this isn’t the end for the Rattlesnake!

Battle of the Bosses – No DQ Match

Vince McMahon came to the ring on his own as were the orders he barked to his men backstage, Vince looking surprisingly confident despite the jeers from the crowd. The announcers commented on Vince’s great physique for a man of his age and Tazz was certain that Vince’s physical care would certainly play an aspect in this match up. Jerry Lawler came out to a huge pop from the crowd as he came to the ring in his classic Memphis ring attire that he has wore for so many years. Vince and Lawler stood face to face locking eyes and the crowd were on the edge of their seats. Vince took a swing at Lawler but it did nothing but make Lawler made and Vince quickly departed from the ring like nobodies business. Lawler went in hot pursuit and quickly caught up with Vince on the outside with some hard shots before bringing him back to the ring. Lawler got down on his knees and began to choke out Vince and Lawler had to be pulled off Vince allowing Vince to get back to his feet. Lawler nevertheless got back to a vertical base also and backed him into a corner where he went back to choking him, this time Vince managed to break free with an eye gouge before nailing Lawler with a clothesline. Vince smartly got Lawler and sent him to the corner before attacking him with some stiff shoulder blocks.

Vince took Lawler to the mat and decided to work on Lawler’s arm by driving his knee into the triceps. Vince stood cockily over his “partner” who was on his knees and slapped him across the face but Lawler blocked the second shot and got back to his feet immediately driving Vince back only for Vince to retake control with a shot to the midsection. Vince dragged Lawler across the floor to the apron and went to the outside attacking Lawler with an elbow shot to the head before choking him out from the outside Lawler quickly dropping to the outside. Vince got Lawler back to his feet and sent Lawler head first into the steel steps before flexing the crowd, the announcers once again going back to Vince’s physique…I wonder how much he paid them for the plugs? Lawler got back to his feet and got hit with another stiff clothesline from McMahon Lawler dropping hard to the mat. Vince went back to Lawler and talked down to him mentioning something about staying out of his business and tried to drive Vince’s head into the ring post but Lawler countered the move and Vince went head first into it. Lawler didn’t stop there though cracking Vince’s head over and over against the steel until Vince was seen to be busted open the crowd cheering at the sight of blood.

Lawler brought Vince back into the ring and went to work to work on Vince’s head pummelling it with huge right hands. Lawler went back to the outside of the ring and folded up a steel chair and nailed Vince with two hard shots to the back of his head Vince dropping down to the mat like he’d just been shot dead but amazing, Vince somehow managed to get his shoulder up when Lawler made the cover. Lawler went back for the chair and had sick intentions on his mind but Vince hit Lawler with a low blow dropping him to the ground.

Vince tried to get away from the match up but Lawler got right back on his tail and a brawl commenced once more on the outside. Lawler sent Vince into the barricade and then hit him with a clothesline before going under the ring and pulling out from underneath it a ladder which he then proceeded to use as a sort of battering ram against the skull of Vince, McMahon taking a huge bump there. Lawler through the ladder down on top of Vince and the ladder crashed hard on top of Vince. Vince pushed the ladder off of him as Lawler went back off to pull a table from under the ring and set it up but Vince couldn’t get away from the King of Memphis. Lawler got right back on top of him within seconds and beat him with some more shots before dragging him back to ring side and placing him on the table where he proceeded to beat him some more.

Lawler got back into the ring and went up to the top rope as the crowd got excited and the announcers begged him to reconsider – Lawler may wish he reconsidered in hindsight because Lawler attempted a flying leg drop to the outside but Vince got off the table and the King crashed landed with a lot of wood and Vince had a sick smile on his face. Vince dragged Lawler back to the ring and went for the cover but somehow the King managed to kick out! McMahon locked shocked. Both men were now bleeding profusely. Vince somehow managed to get to the outside and pulled out that lead pipe that his goons have so often used but was unable to use it effectively as Lawler hit him with the low blow seconds before he managed to strike and both men lay motionless for a while on the floor.

All of a sudden a man came through the crowd and he was wearing a ski mask. As he gets in the ring, he takes it off! MY GOD IT’S CHRIS JERICHO! WHAT THE HELL IS JERICHO DOING HERE! Jericho looks at Lawler and looks at Vince and grabs hold of the lead pipe as Lawler and Vince are both trying to get back to their feet. Jericho stares at Lawler and Lawler puts his hands up as if to beg Jericho not to do anything. Jericho raises the lead pipe back but then turns and hits Vince McMahon! What the hell is Jericho doing? Jericho throws the lead pipe to the outside saluting the fans before hitting the Lionsault on Vince McMahon. Chris Jericho has just screwed Vince McMahon! Why Jericho Why? Lawler looks on in shock. He can’t believe it. Lawler doesn’t take any time thinking about what he has to do next and quickly climbs up to the top rope. Lawler takes his strap down…here it comes! THE ROYAL FIST DROP! The crowd go wild! Lawler hooks the leg……….1…………….2…………………3 The King wins!

Winner - Jerry Lawler

After the match, a battered a bloodied Jerry Lawler rose to his feet to a huge reception from the WWF audience while Vince McMahon lay in shock on the mat still quite unsure what the hell just happened as the “King” chants ran wild! It looks like the WWF is going to be split into two and there isn’t a damn thing that Vince McMahon can do about it!

WWF Championship Match

It’s time for the big one folks, it’s the Main Event of Main Events and this one it is for the WWF Championship. The WWF Champion was the first man to make his way to the ring and what a reception he gets from the crowd, the arena filled with “Rocky Sucks” chants. JR tells the audience that he can’t believe that The Rock turned on the fans like he did last Monday Night on RAW when he attacked The Undertaker. “It was sick folks! Sick”. The Rock was taking all of this in his stride however and he proudly raised his WWF Championship belt to the crowd despite the heat. Could this be the last time he holds that WWF Title? After The Rock’s entrance ends, the crowd is still loud in anticipation until “Rollin” by Limp Bizkit finally blasts through the arena and the American Badass makes his entrance and the crowd go wild. The Deadman makes a very slow approach to the ring and both he and The Rock never break their stare as Taker makes his way down. You can just tell that this match is going to be very intense.

When Taker finally enters the ring, both men square off in the ring and the referee reminds them both that this match is a WWF Championship Match that can only be won by pin fall or submission and it is scheduled for one fall. Finally the referee backs off and both men step closer in looking at each other as if both can see straight into the others soul. Then without warning both men go straight at it with fast paced blows and both men quickly take it to the outside. The Undertaker smashes The Rock’s head against both of the announcer tables before making good use of the barricade, The Rock seeming to hurt his back in the process. Taker is hardly a man for sympathy however and sent The Rock flying into the steel steps. The Rock quickly got back to his feet and made his way back into the ring but Taker followed and The Deadman followed taking The Rock down with a big right hand. The Undertaker hit The Rock with a big sidewalk slam in the middle of the ring and went for a cover but The Rock kicked out and the match continued.

Taker grabbed hold of The Rock and threw him into the corner like The Rock was nothing more than rag doll and unleashed a bundle of right hands into the midsection before backing off allowing The Rock to come out with a huge flying clothesline taking Taker off of his feet. The Undertaker got back to his feet and turned his back to The Rock and he took advantage with a chop block to the back of the knee taking The Undertaker down and back to the outside once more, The Rock then hitting The Undertaker with a second chop block to the same knee.

The Rock dragged The Undertaker over to the announce table and lifted him onto the table slamming The Deadman’s injured knee against the table again and again. The Undertaker looked to be in pain and The Rock used his possession well sending The Undertaker with force into the ring barricade. The Rock grabbed hold of Taker again and threw him into the ring where he went back to work on The Undertaker’s knee stomping away on the knee before hitting heading up to the second turnbuckle and doing a double footed stomp on the knee and Taker let out a scream. The Rock certainly wasn’t done there though dragging The Undertaker to the corner and continued to work on the leg wrapping it around a ring post.

The Rock locked The Undertaker in the Sharpshooter in the middle of the ring. The Undertaker managed to inch himself over to the ropes and grabbed the rope only for The Rock to return to the ring post and wrap the Deadman’s leg around it once more. The Rock mouthed off to the crowd calling The Undertaker a piece of trash and then proceeded to slap away at his face as he tried to get back to his feet. The Undertaker, less then impressed by this performance, grabbed hold of The Rock by the throat shocking The Rock and he had to resort to a thumb to the eye to break the hold. The Rock used the ropes to gain momentum but missed the clothesline attempt and then walked straight into the chokeslam from The Undertaker who then went for the pin, but The Rock managed to kick out on the 2.

The Undertaker grabbed hold of The Rock and dragged him to the corner beating him with some more power shots before going for Old School on the former People’s Champion getting a big pop from the ground before following up with a running DDT. The Undertaker made another pinfall attempt but The Rock kicked out again on the two. The Undertaker got back to his feet and threw some more blows at The Rock but had little effect on the Champ. The Undertaker next tried to go for a clothesline on the Rock but The Rock ducked the shot and took Taker down with a flying forearm. Taker got back to his feet as quickly as he could but The Rock was waiting and he took The Deadman down with a huge Rockbottom. The Rock hooked the leg of the Deadman confident he had the match sown up but The Undertaker somehow managed to kick out leaving The Rock stunned.

The Rock got out of the ring and went for his WWF Championship with the intention of using the belt as an illegal weapon but as soon as he got back in the ring, the referee pulled the belt off The Rock causing the distraction that The Undertaker needed and Taker delivered a huge big boot to the face of The Rock. The Undertaker raised his arm before grabbing The Rock and going for the Last Ride but The Rock managed to fight out with some huge shots turning the Powerbomb into a sweet looking DDT but is unable to capitalise with the cover until it’s too late and The Undertaker manages to kick out once more.

The Rock and Taker both try and get to their feet and trade some punches along the way. The Rock goes for his second Rockbottom of the match but The Undertaker counters with some elbows and tries to go for the chokeslam but The Rock counters with a shot to the midsection sending The Undertaker away before this time hitting another Rockbottom. The Rock smiles with delight as he drops to the floor grabbing the Deadman’s leg and making the cover but The Undertaker kicks out again!!!!!!!!

The Rock simply can’t believe it! What does he have to do to win this damn match? The Rock angrily gets back to his feet and looks down at The Undertaker kicking him in the head before throwing his arm band on top of him; you know what he’s going for! It’s time for the People’s Elbow! The Rock covers The Undertaker again once again hooking the leg and this time, The Deadman doesn’t kick out! The Rock has retained the WWF Championship!

Winner - The Rock – still WWF Champion

After the match up, The Rock grabbed hold of his WWF Championship belt and left the ring to celebrate on the ramp way as the crowd booed him while The Undertaker remained in the ring despondent. The Undertaker’s undefeated streak is over! No matter what though, The Undertaker had the respect of the WWF fans and they stood up and cheered on the Deadman as he made his way to the back. The show ended with The Undertaker doing the one arm salute to the fans JR proclaiming that The Undertaker is a true WWF legend and he wouldn’t be surprised if in 10 years time, The Undertaker was still around and still at the top of the tree.

WrestleMania ends with the show recap to the song “Alive” by P.O.D. before finally fading to black! Thanks for watching folks!

WWF WRESTLEMANIA X8 RESULTS

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

The Rock © def. The Undertaker

BATTLE OF THE BOSSES

Jerry Lawler def. Vince McMahon

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

Kane def. Stone Cold

The Dudley Boyz def. DX

Shawn Stasiak © def. Mr Perfect

Key © (w/Charles Wright) def. Edge vs. Kurt Angle vs. Rob Van Dam

Test def. The British Bulldog

William Regal def. Rikishi

Daffney Unger def. Trish Stratus

Brian Moore wins the WWF Cruiserweight Championship

Edited by DaveKOTW

OFF-AIR NOTES FROM WRESTLEMANIA 18

The backstage feeling of WrestleMania was that this years product, while successful, was not as good as some of the previous years and was thought to be a little bit of a disappointment. The highest rated match of the night was in fact the Last Man Standing Match between Kane and Stone Cold and both Superstars were reported satisifed with the outcome. Many were concerned previously that if Stone Cold be booked to lose, he would not take it well considering it was at WrestleMania but Austin seems to have little to no problems with the outcome. It is currently unknown if Stone Cold will return to the WWF ring immediately after WrestleMania or whether he will spend some time away to sell the beating he took from Kane.

Two matches that certainly brought up questions last night was the Intercontinental Championship Match between Shawn Stasiak and Mr Perfect and the Main Event between The Rock and The Undertaker. Many didn't understand why the Intercontinental Championship Match between Shawn Stasiak and Mr Perfect opened the show and while some thought that there was the possibility that Perfect was going to win the match, sources backstage said that the reason the match opened was because of the WWF do not feel that Perfect's attitude backstage is one worthy to be a champion. A more shocking reverlation however comes from the Main Event Match between The Rock and The Undertaker. Many fans and Superstars in the company believed that with the way the booking was going, The Undertaker was a dead certainty to become the WWF Champion although this never actually materialised. A reliable source within the WWF has recently leaked information that there have been increasingly strained ties between the top guys in the World Wrestling Federation and The Undertaker ever since The Undertaker refused to put Test over at No Way Out and the WrestleMania Result was thought to reflect this. The Undertaker is now thought to be in even more trouble after he no sold many moves in the Main Event match ruining a possibly decently Match. More to follow as we get news...

rawlogo.jpg

A NEW ERA?

RAW Preview - March 11, 2002

Tonight, RAW rolls into the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, one night after the Showcase of the Immortals, WrestleMania and it promises to be a spectacular night of Sports Entertainment.

RAW will kick off tonight with WWF Champion The Rock who will certainly have plenty to say following his historic victory against The Undertaker in the WrestleMania Main Event. Will The Undertaker make an appearance and how will the Deadman react to his 9 year undefeated streak coming to an end at WrestleMania 18.

Another man who promises to show his face tonight is none other than Co-Owner Jerry Lawler who last night at WrestleMania, was victorious in the Battle of the Bosses match against Vince McMahon via an unlikely assist from Y2J Chris Jericho who shocked the wrestling world when he appeared through the crowd and hit Vince McMahon with the Lionsault. Lawler winning at WrestleMania will undoubtedly cause heads turn as he now plans to split the WWF into two brands, RAW and Smackdown with each show having their own roster. When will this draft begin and which brand will Lawler assign himself to?

Tonight, RAW hosts the first WrestleMania rematch and it's between Shawn Stasiak and Mr Perfect for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Last night, Mr Perfect was cheated out of the Intercontinental Title when Stasiak used the ropes as leverage to pin Perfect and retain the title. Shawn Stasiak has without a doubt been playing with fire over the past few months and one has to wonder if Stasiak's luck will run out tonight?

The newly crowed WWF European Champion William Regal will also be in action tonight as Regal takes on the returning Tommy Dreamer for the European Title. Regal cheated his way into winning the European Title last night at WrestleMania by attacking Rikishi with the brass knucks while the referee was down before pretending that he made his opponent pass out with the STF. Can Dreamer make a huge upset tonight on will Regal use the same underhanded tactics that helped him win the title to retain it tonight?

Find out this and more on Raw, Monday night at 9/8 CT on TNN

Edited by DaveKOTW

WrestleMania was fantastic, but I must say, I'm seriously fucking pissed about Undertaker losing his streak :crying: Some little notes about Mania:

-Brian Moore winning the Cruiserweight title was very predictable, but the match write up was amazing(BTW, who is Brian Moore)

-TAKA Michinoku getting so far in the gauntlet made me mark out so hard

-Kane defeating Steve Austin was the good way to go

-Test Vs. Bulldog seemed like a massive filler IMO

-Triple H getting injured makes me a sad panda

-Key retaining the Hardcore title was the right way to go, I'm loving his character

RAW should be great, I'm loving this diary right now, keep it up (Y)

WrestleMania was fantastic, but I must say, I'm seriously fucking pissed about Undertaker losing his streak :crying: Some little notes about Mania:

-Brian Moore winning the Cruiserweight title was very predictable, but the match write up was amazing(BTW, who is Brian Moore)

He has already stated that it is Shannon Moore

WrestleMania was a mixed bag i think. It had its highs, it had its lows, and it had some great parts too. Rock beating Taker was something i only saw at the last minute, and its not something i entirely agree with. I still dont see Rock as the guy to beat Taker's streak, however, Taker has been a royal prick recently, and as much as i wanna see another Taker-Kane feud over the belt, i guess it'll have to pass. I didnt like the main event itself, didnt like the finish and it was too short

Kane winning was key to his development. You are succeeding in making him that all-out, sawn-off monster that he started out as, and I love it. Something tells me Heyman might just steer Kane towards the WWF Title, sooner rather than later.

BOTB was actually good considering it was two geriatric owners facing off. It needed more DDP though, lol. The Lawler win was obviously coming, but it was a good, well-written match.

Duds vs DX was good, until the end. I am aware that you were well on course for DX winning, the finish was iffy, and i know you were going for the Benoit feel with that neck bump off the superplex. Tis a shame, but HBK can only flourish on his own, and i think the DX angle fell flat on its ass before Mania anyway.

Hoss-tastic match between Test & Bulldog, i really enjoyed it. It wasnt 'major filler' at all IMO. Well-written, and Test better head for the main event soon!

You know where i think you should go with Regal and the Euro belt :pervert:

GREAT Cruiserweight Match, loved the ending. Lynn was never the official champ! Fuck predictability, great match

The women's title bout was what it was-filler crap. Bill DeMott sucks, Daffney sucks, and Trish lost, IN HER HOMETOWN! :thumbsdown:

Great Hardcore Match. Youve built Key up well, and the belt too (which, looking at peoples predictions complaining, people didnt see) the right man won, good match. But Angle not on RAW!?

The IC Title match was too short, and it was a sucky finish, sorry.

Overall, i was a little harsh on this PPV, its been well done for the most part, but had its flaws, i give it an Overall B