Get The 'F' Back in

DaveKOTW

Sorry for the lack of feedback recently, but here it is. I must say i've really enjoyed catching up this morning, dont quit on us, its great!

The Roster Split Show

-Good first segment, and the selection of Rock was inevitable to be first. He is the WWF Champion after all. Good to see Vince pissed off too!

-A weird segment, i dunno why Vince would ever listen to Heyman tbh

-Mark Henry is coming, wooooo!

-hahahaha. Great move, having Vince pick Kane, only for Lawler to pick Jericho, inspired! I like it!

-A decent tag team match, but why would the Hardys split!? Don't do it!

-I still think that Taker would want a return at Rock rather than Kane, but then again, thinking about it, nevermind.

-Some cool picks, getting straight to the point, smart move.

-I'm loving all you've done with Key and the Hardcore Title. Awesome stuff, ive never seen the Hardcore Title be so important in any other diary.

-That pick glorified Test a bit, lol. And Angle after Regal & Stasiak? :thumbsdown: :P

-Not a bad match to say Marc Mero was in it. I can really see him as a solid midcarder on RAW actually

-You dont speak too highly of DDP in this segment, but oh well! It aint a good thing though :shifty:

-Thank God Angle finally won one! WOOOOOOOO!

-Nice ending to the draft, some cool choices, and i cant wait to see where everyone goes from here

-Very good main event. I really enjoyed it, and surely it means that Rock & Jericho, and Kane & Taker, will be the title contenders on their respective shows.

Overall: B+

RAW vs Smackdown!

I can't say i felt i was gonna be too fussed about this show tbh, but i was proved wrong, here we go...

-Nice opening segment, still really liking the Vince-Lawler interaction

-Seriously, Angle & Stasiak versus RIKISHI & SCOTTY!? Jesus, at least the only team with a chance of winning, err, won! I quite like the sound of Angle & Stasiak actually, hmmm...

-I'm intrigued, very intrigued, at where this Test & Lawler thing goes. Maybe to a match? If so,, i hooe Lawler isnt in it!

-Another total mismatch imo. There was only ever one man who was gonna win this, and that man is Key

-Regal vs Bulldog was better and definitely a more even match-up. I didnt even realise at first that it was Battle of the Brits either! Good job!

-I have to wait 3 weeks for Mark Henry!? Travesty! :P

-Maven isnt crazy, Maven is awesome!

-Oh yeah, as if it wasnt Rock who took out Y2J! Nice WWE style segment there

-Raven definitely deserves a big push, i hope he steams through Perfect in all honesty. Another good match vs HBK here

-GREAT match! I loved the Dudleyz vs RVD & Sabu! Two top teams right there imo. Very well done match, i do love the work of all four men, attitudes aside

-And again, GREAT main event! You seem to really shine in the MEs, i loved it. I loved how you ended it tied, and how Kane & Jericho got involved. KUTGW!

Overall: B

Hugh Morrus is gone!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh wait, its only Hugh Morrus...

A New Beginning

-You and your Disturbed markage! Oh, and as if the ME isnt going only one way! Who cares? Its Jericho! Thats always a goooood thing

-Im not too fussed at Bradshaw losing, and you know what i think you should do with Regal. 4/20 :pervert:

-Not a bad match between Edge & Jeff, but why would Austin attack Edge!? Intriguing to say the least, i certainly dont get it yet though, lol

-So Austin is after all the champions? Makes sense, i still dont get why he attacked Edge though!

-I actually enjoyed this Rock-Palumbo match, though WHY did Palumbo get a shot at the title!? I understand squash matches, but it devalues the WWF Title by having Palumbo challenge for NO reason! Regardless, Palumbo did look strong in this match, as of course did Rocky

-Raven vs Perfect at Backlash? Awesome!

-I quite liked the 6-person tag, which is odd, because i dont give a shit about Waterman, X-Pac or Daffney for that matter. Maybe the other team made up for it, all i know is it was still good

-Not a bad main event, though i think it couldve been longer tbh. Test looked strong, which was a good thing, and i am definitely starting to believe that Jericho could go on to win it all at Backlash! Let the great promos roll!

-And one last note, the new layout is FANTASTIC! I really like it, its a lot better, its tidy, it has a good style, and it all round looks and is better!

Overall: B

I also really enjoyed the notes afterwards, i love news updates like that, lengthy and they actually tell us stuff. One note from that, PLEASE...DONT...RELEASE...TAJIRI! He's awesome and could be used just about anywhere in any role on Smackdown! imo

Youve lost me with that backstage segment though, i thought this was a Book It! type diary. I didnt really like it, and have other diaries to read for that kinda stuff. It wasn a bad segment at all, but i just didnt 'feel it' personally mate

Looking forward muchly to Smackdown, specially my World Title Tournament! WOOOO!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smackdown_logo.jpg

....AND WE'RE OFF!

Smackdown - March 28, 2002

Smackdown kicked off with a NEW opening video to the music of "Superstar" by Saliva before we headed off to the Pyramid Arena in Memphis, Tennessee for the first show of the new Smackdown brand. Michael Cole and Tazz welcomed us all to the show and reminded us that tonight is the first round of the World Heavyweight Championship Tournament put together by Mr. McMahon. The tournament consists of eight of Smackdown's finest talents including The Undertaker, Kane, Kurt Angle and the Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels!

NO CHANCE! NO CHANCE IN HELL!

The crowd turned their attention to the stage as the owner of the Smackdown brand, Mr McMahon, strode out from behind the curtain and made his way down to the ring, briefcase in hand. Vince received a reasonable reaction from the fans but that doesn't seem to affect his doleful face. Vince slid the case into the ring and grabbed hold of the nearest microphone before getting into the ring to kick off business.

Vince welcomed the fans to the show in what promised to be a new era in Sports Entertainment. Vince added that he couldn’t quite believe that his first ever show as Owner of the Smackdown brand would in fact be the home town of the man who caused all of this to happen, Jerry Lawler. After all, it was one thing having to have the company which he spent so many years expanding be split into two right in front of his eyes but it was another having to parade his product around in some hick country that most of America doesn’t even care about. Vince said the only thing that makes him feel better right now is the fact that all the people in the audience will probably not be able to eat having spent the majority of their unemployment benefits to come to the show tonight. Vince boasted that tonight is the very first night of the World Heavyweight Title Series that pits eight of Smackdown’s biggest talents against one another to determine who will be the Smackdown’s first World Heavyweight Champion which will come to a conclusion in just 10 days time at Backlash. Vince then removed the World Heavyweight Title from his briefcase and paraded it over his shoulder for all the fans to see. Vince added that tonight there would be four opening round matches featuring all eight competitors. The four victors would then go on to face each other next week on Smackdown leaving the final two to then go at it at Backlash and he would be crowned the New World Heavyweight Champion. Vince finished off by saying that the first match of this tournament would be next and the first competitor of the night would be none other than Matt Hardy!

The Hardy Boyz music blasts out of the PA system and the crowd went wild as Matt Hardy appeared through the curtain for the first match of this World Heavyweight Championship Series. Who will he be facing? Find out....after the break!

When the show returns, Matt is waiting in the ring staring at the entrance when the entrance turns into flame as the 7ft 300lbs Monster Kane appears at the entrance with his counter part Paul Heyman looking down at Matt Hardy with a sick grin on his face. Michael Cole reminds the fans that less than four months ago at Vengeance, Kane was responsible for putting Matt Hardy and his girlfriend Lita out with injuries when Team Xtreme took the monster on in a 3-on-1 Handicap Match.

Round 1 of the World Heavyweight Title Tournament - Kane (w/Paul Heyman) vs. Matt Hardy

Matt Hardy wasted little time to take the fight to Kane attacking him as soon as he stepped foot into the ring. But despite Matt Hardy's multitude of right hands shots, Kane quickly took control of the match with a single upper cut sending Matt Hardy backwards like he'd just been hit by a bus. Kane followed after Hardy but Hardy decided to play possum and ducked out of the way of Kane and getting in a few shots wherever possible and this strategy annoyed the monster a great deal. Kane eventually seized his opponent and chucked him into the corner before unleashing severe bodily damage with a bombardment of left and right hand shots before sending Matt Hardy to the ground with another upper cut. The sadistic cheerleader Paul Heyman was pleased on the outside.

Kane took Matt Hardy to the outside with a sickening clothesline before distracting the referee allowing Paul Heyman to get in some shots of his own and the crowd are furious but the referee sees nothing. Kane then follows Matt to the outside and introduces him to the barricade where he begins to choke him up to the 4 count. Kane then drags Matt Hardy back to the ring and takes him down with another uppercut. Matt Hardy is simply being outclassed here by a bigger stronger more sadistic individual. Kane heads to the top rope and delivers with the clothesline from hell to make matters worse for Hardy before Kane finished the job with a huge chokeslam from hell for the three guaranteeing himself a spot in the next round of the World Heavyweight Title Tournament. Can anyone stop Kane?

Winner: Kane

After another commercial break, we went backstage to Josh Matthews who had caught up with Paul Heyman and the Big Red Monster himself. Matthews congratulated Kane on his victory in the opening round of the World Heavyweight Title tournament and told Kane that he could now reveal that he will be facing either Shawn Michaels or Kurt Angle in the next round of the Tournament with both men scheduled to face each other later tonight. Matthews wanted to know how Kane felt about the possibility of facing either of these two competitors but Heyman wanted to answer all the questions. Heyman told Matthews that as Kane’s Manager, he could guarantee that neither Kane nor he feared any man because that is all that they are…human. Heyman guaranteed that when the World Wrestling Federation rolls into Backlash, Kane will be still in the World Heavyweight Title tournament and when the night is over, he will be the first World Heavyweight Champion.

We then head back to the ring just in time for the second match of the night and this was another World Heavyweight Title Tournament Match Up pitting the Intercontinental Champion Shawn Stasiak against Manchester England’s own, The British Bulldog. Michael Cole mentioned the fact that Shawn Stasiak had been on one hell of a roll as of late first winning the Intercontinental Championship at the Royal Rumble and now, just 3 months down the line is in the World Heavyweight Championship race. Tazz agreed with Cole but added that this would be his first big test at this level as his previous matches were with wrestlers of a much lower calibre than the British Bulldog. Could Shawn Stasiak become the first person on both brands to be a dual champion?

Round 1 of the World Heavyweight Title Tournament – Shawn Stasiak vs. The British Bulldog

Bulldog and Stasiak started off the match circling the ring with Bulldog looking for the lock up. Stasiak on the hand no intention of getting into a battle of strength with Davey Boy Smith and after much deliberation, Stasiak departed from the ring to regroup himself much to the amusement of both Bulldog and the fans and the referee began the count out. Eventually, a reluctant Stasiak got back into the ring and both men locked up. Bulldog quickly overpowered Stasiak and put him into a Hammerlock hold. Stasiak looked in quiet a lot of pain but couldn’t escape despite even managing to hit the Bulldog with a body slam. Bulldog let go of the hammerlock and planted Stasiak with a belly to back suplex on Stasiak before going for the pin and got a two count. Bulldog picked up Stasiak from the ground and continued to keep the pressure landing Stasiak with some hard punches to the face followed by a big back body drop. Bulldog went for the pin once but he still only managed the two.

Stasiak was determined to get a foot hold in the match and took advantage of a missed clothesline from Bulldog and locked in a sleeper hold but he couldn’t bring Bulldog to the ground. Bulldog carried Stasiak over to the corner where he smashed him into the turnbuckle causing Stasiak to release the hold but Stasiak was intelligent quickly raking the back of his opponent before chopping the back of the knee and relocking in the sleeper hold. Stasiak drove knees in the back of Bulldog to keep his opponent down but Bulldog refused to stay down. Bulldog managed to get back to his feet and with some elbows break loose before dropping his opponent with some clotheslines before hitting Stasiak with another back body drop and follows that with a vertical suplex. Bulldog drops to the ground and goes for the cover again but he can’t get the three. Bulldog gets back to the feet and heads to the top rope but looks uncomfortable at the top and allows Stasiak to take advantage by shaking the ropes causing Bulldog to slip. Stasiak heads over to the corner and throws some punches the way of Bulldog but Smith returns with some punches of his own and he knocks Stasiak backward. Bulldog eventually gets back his balance and goes for a double axe handle but connects instead with a drop kick from Stasiak. Stasiak then gets back to his feet and lifts up Bulldog into the Death Valley Driver but Bulldog slides down the back and tries to hit the running powerslam but Stasiak counters dropping behind him before kicking Bulldog into the gut this time connecting with the Death Valley Driver for the three. Shawn Stasiak has someone got himself in the final four of the World Heavyweight Title Tournament! After the match, Stasiak left the ring and celebrated on the ramp with his IC Title. Can Stasiak go the distance?

Winner: Shawn Stasiak

After a short commercial break, we went backstage to Vince McMahon’s office where Vince was sitting with Diamond Dallas Page who will be in action later tonight against The Undertaker. Vince told DDP that he thought Smackdown was going far better than Raw just like he imagined. DDP agreed but promised Vince that the night still had the potential to get better and it would when he beats The Undertaker tonight to qualify for the next round of the World Heavyweight Championship Tournament. Vince nodded in approval at DDP and told him that he felt he Page had it in him to beat the Dead Man. A knock at the door was heard and in walked none other than Marc Mero’s former girlfriend, Torrie Wilson who was quick to congratulate Vince on the success of the show. Vince quickly got to his feet and told Torrie that she was looking incredible and kissed her hand. Torrie was very appreciative of Vince’s complement. DDP, who looked completely uncomfortable, told Vince that he had some other stuff to do and left his Vince’s office while Torrie and Vince made some odd looking faces at each other.

Thankfully, the show quickly returned to the ring and it was time for the third match of the night and this one was the match made last week on Smackdown between the third generation Superstar Randy Orton and the Tough Enough Winner, Maven. Randy Orton came down to the ring first and he was accompanied by his tag team partner Donovan Clark to an unfavourable response from the crowd, Michael Cole being quick to complement the early success of this team. Randy Orton got into the ring and tested the ropes while Donovan Clark stayed on the outside and clapped his partner on.

Maven’s music followed next and the crowd cheered on as the Tough Enough Winner came out to the ring to a decent pop from the audience and he looked totally thrilled to be there. Michael Cole said that he had never seen a WWF Superstar so happy to be in action than Maven and he wondered if Maven could possibly cause an upset tonight! Tazz thought….not.

Singles Match – Randy Orton (w/Donovan Clark) vs. Maven

As soon as Maven entered the ring, Randy Orton began to laugh shaking his head. Orton couldn’t believe that Maven actually had the guts to enter the ring with him and quickly got into Maven’s face but Maven showed no fear. Orton took a cheap shot and slapped Maven across the face but this only made Maven mad and he exploded with right hands to Orton. Maven then grabbed hold of Orton with all his strength wiped him hard against the ropes before sending him to the outside with a clothesline much to the crowd’s excitement. Orton couldn’t believe his eyes!

Orton yelled with frustration to Clark who told Orton to keep his calm and Orton cautiously entered the ring. An amused Maven gave Orton space to get back into the ring and the two men locked up in the centre. Orton took an advantage with a kick to the gut and put Maven used the ropes to his advantage making Orton break up the hold before planting Orton with a drop kick. The crowd went wild as an eager Maven hooked the leg of Orton but Orton kicked out with ease. Orton got back to his feet and went for a clothesline but Maven dodged the attack and went took Orton down to the mat with a leg scissors take down and went for the pin but Orton kicked out once more. A concerned Donovan Clark tried to interject himself into the match jumping onto to distract the referee catching Maven’s attention also. Maven got to his feet and took Clark off the apron with a right hand before walking straight into a forearm smash by Orton. Orton got back to his knees quickly and finished Maven off with the Overdrive for the win. Randy Orton just stole the win!

After the match, Donovan Clark got into the ring and he and Orton began to give Maven a beating. Luckily for Maven, Steve Blackman was quick to come to his rescue, Kendo Stick in hand. Donovan Clark tried to take on Blackman but got a huge crack of the stick for his troubles and Orton decided against any further attack and quickly dived out of the ring. Maven could have just been spared from a huge beating by Clark and Orton! You can be damn sure this one is no where near finished!

Winner: Randy Orton

We are then taken back to Highlights of Monday Night Raw when Chris Jericho took on Test for a shot at the WWF Championship at Backlash. Jericho won the match by hitting Test with the Lionsault but nothing should be taken away from Test who put up one hell of a match! Chris Jericho will fight The Rock at Backlash for the WWF Championship!

Next up is the Olympic Gold Medallist Kurt Angle who is backstage with Josh Matthews, moments away from his World Heavyweight Championship Tournament Match Up against The Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels. Kurt Angle said that tonight could be the most important night of his wrestling career because Angle felt that this could be the night that he gets his life back on track. Angle reminds the fans that less than a year ago, he was the WWF Champion and he was one of the most popular Superstars now in the World Wrestling Federation and now…well now, he is treated as nothing more than some mid card wrestler who the company wouldn’t even want to put the Hardcore Championship on. Angle said he respected Shawn Michaels as a performer and as an athlete but Michaels is no Olympic Gold Medallist and tonight, Shawn Michaels was going to tap out to the Angle Lock! Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle is NEXT!

Round 1 of the World Heavyweight Title Tournament – Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels

Both men stood and faced each other as the bell went and they locked up in the centre of the ring. Kurt Angle quickly capitalises with a couple of arm drags before hitting Michaels with a huge backbreaker which gets him a two from the cover. Michaels gets back to his feet and gets whipped into the ropes before Angle hits him with a huge belly to belly suplex, Michaels making huge impact with the mat. Angle takes some time out to celebrate spinning in the ring but the crowd are not impressed and begin to boo Angle. Angle gets to the mat and locks HBK in a headlock talking down to him like he’s a wrestling amateur wrenching the neck but Michaels quickly adapts and starts to get back to his feet filling Angle’s gut full of right hands. HBK manages to escape the grasp of Angle and sends Angle into the ropes but Angle ducks the clothesline and locks HBK back in the head lock. Angle wrenches the neck some more before hitting HBK with a big belly to back suplex with the bridge but Michaels kicks out again! HBK is getting decimated here by the Olympic Gold Medallist.

Angle tried for the cover again but HBK kicked out on the two. Angle got back to his feet and dragged HBK up and sent him backwards with some right hands before going for another whip but this time Michaels grabbed hold of the ropes and kicked a huge shot to the face of Angle before taking him down with a swinging neckbreaker. HBK got back to his feet and hit Angle with three consecutive clotheslines before hitting Angle with a back body drop and went for the cover but Angle got the shoulder up. HBK got back to his feet and unleashed a bunch of right hands before taking with a shoulder block. HBK then hit Angle with a gut buster and got another 2 count. HBK brought Angle up against and whipped him once more into the ropes but Angle ducked his clothesline and hit HBK with a triplet of German suplexes each time HBK’s head crashing hard against the mat. Angle must have done it! Angle quickly hooks the leg of HBK but Michaels somehow gets the shoulder up! Angle has his head in hands!

Angle gets back to his feet and jumps up and down on the spot! He wants to finish HBK right here right now! Angle then goes for Angle Slam on HBK but HBK counters the move and hits Angle with the Sweet Chin Music! It’s got to be over………1……………….2……………Angle gets the shoulder up! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! HBK didn’t get the job done with the Sweet Chin Music. HBK gets back to his feet slowly and heads up to the top rope but he has some problem climbing. As soon as he reaches the top, Angle shoots back to his feet and hits a top rope arm drag to the mat to the cheers to the applause from the crowd. Angle and HBK lay flat on their backs from a moment and Angle eventually makes the cover but HBK gets the shoulder up! Angle gets back up and pushes the referee but the referee pushes him back and Angle realises he is on dodgy ground but doesn’t look happy. Angle turns his attention back to HBK and drops his straps and locks in the Angle Lock on HBK who immediately looks in serious agony. HBK still crawls across the floor and manages to get to the bottom rope but Angle refuses to break the hold and wrenches HBK back out to the middle of the ring. Will HBK tap out? No! HBK uses his leg strength to roll Angle up and he pulls a miraculous three out of the bag! HBK did it! HBK is through to the next round! HBK quickly rolls to the outside and raises his arm up as Angle gets back to his feet in a look of shock knowing that this match had just been stolen from him!

Winner: Shawn Michaels

We head off to another promotional video. “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry is returning to the World Wrestling Federation and he’s coming back soon.

We are now moments away from the Final First Round Match of the World Heavyweight Title Tournament and it’s between Diamond Dallas Page and the Undertaker. Which of these two Superstars will be victorious? Shawn Stasiak awaits the Victor! The Main Event is right after the commercial break!

We return from our final commercial break to the Main Event pitting The Undertaker vs. Diamond Dallas Page.

BANG! IT’S ME IT’S ME! IT’S DDP

Diamond Dallas Page’s music hits and DDP makes his way to the ring to some heat from the WWF crowd. Michael Cole said that DDP and The Undertaker have not had a pleasant history where just last year, DDP had stalked The Undertaker’s wife Sara! You can be sure The Undertaker would not have forgiven DDP for that “little” incident.

DEAD MAN WALKING!

Next out to the arena was The Dead Man who had a huge response from the audience. Taker walked down the ramp with a look of intent on his face staring right at his opponent. Could The Undertaker be Smackdown’s first World Heavyweight Champion?

Round 1 of the World Heavyweight Title Tournament – DDP vs. The Undertaker

The match kicked off with DDP and The Undertaker standing toe to toe both trading words instead of fists and the anticipation began to rise in the arena. DDP threw the first punch at the Dead Man but it wasn't long for the Undertaker respond and both men went back and forth with big right hand hooks. DDP was never going to win a fist fight with Big Evil and it wasn't long before The Undertaker had DDP cornered and beat him down with some hard shots before choking him with his boot. The Undertaker then backed out of the corner and allowed DDP to recover as The Undertaker raised his arms to the ground. The crowd were hot for The Undertaker here in Memphis! DDP got back to his feet and he and The Undertaker locked up. DDP took the advantage with a kick to the gut and folowed up with some punches before whiping the Undertaker into the ropes and taking him down with a Discus Clothesline. DDP thought he had the three but the man was delusional! Taker kicked out just after the one.

DDP brought Taker back to his feet and sent him into the corner where he smashed him with an elbow attack before mounting the turnbuckle and beating away on the face of the Dead Man. DDP then hit The Undertaker with a snapmare before drop kicking him to the back and going for another cover this time getting the two. DDP didn't waste anytime with the follow up and quickly got Taker back to his feet before hitting with another clothesline. DDP got back to his feet and taunted the crowd with his Diamond sign off before climbing up to the top rope and nearly landed himself in trouble! DDP, for some reason, tried to attack Taker with a crossbody but Taker caught him in mid flight and tried to plant DDP with the tombstone piledriver but DDP managed to wriggle free and rake the eyes and took Taker back to the floor with a huge shot to the back of the head. Michael Cole thought The Dead Man could have a concussion!

The impressive looking DDP put The Undertaker in a wrenching chin lock as he dominated this match up and the crowd got more and more behind The Undertaker. Tazz mentioned that if Page wins this match and it certainly looks like he would do, then there would be 2 former WCW Superstars in the last for of the World Heavyweight Title Tournament! What a crazy thought that is! Back to the match and The Undertaker began out of the chin lock but DDP refused to give up without a fight driving his knees into the back of The Undertaker. Taker still perceived and after a struggle, he managed to get back to a vertical base and began to take elbow shots at DDP and broke out of the hold. The Undertaker then took DDP down time after time with multiple clotheslines before hitting DDP with a huge back body drop. DDP out of instinct jumped back to his feet and got hit with the snake eyes to the crowds delight The Undertaker then following up with a big boot to the face. The Undertaker still wasn't done with DDP and brought him back to his feet going old school on the former three time WCW Champion before making the cover but DDP just got his shoulder up in the nick of time.

The Undertaker wasn't a happy man. How could it only be the 2? The Undertaker then rose to his feet and raised his arm back, he wanted to finish this off but DDP had other plans and stuck his thumb into the eye of The Undertaker gasping with air after the big hand of The Dead man began to crush his throat. DDP saw his opportunity and tried to hit Taker with the Diamond Cutter but The Undertaker chucked him to the ground and DDP yelled as his hit the ground. The Undertaker then raised his arm back once more and this time connected with the chokeslam to the approval of the WWF fans. The Undertaker wasn't done yet! Taker looked down at DDP who lay motionless on the mat and raised his right arm before bringing Page back to his feet and kicking him the Gut and Page went for his Last Ride! DDP was planted with force! The Undertaker dropped to the mat and hooked the leg of DDP and took the three. The Undertaker is through to the Semi Finals!

Winner - The Undertaker

After the bell rings The Undertaker gets back to his feet and raises his arms to the audience in all four corners of the ring gesturing around his waist that the World Heavyweight Title is coming to him. The Undertaker has managed to pull through a gruling match to guarantee himself a spot in World Heavyweight Title Tournament Semi Finals! Will The Undertaker be Smackdown's first World Heavyweight Champion? Stay Tuned to Find Out!

The show closes with a close up of The Undertaker's face one more time before the screen fades to black and the show comes to an end!

--

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Just to say I hope you all enjoyed the show. I thought Smackdown was probably better than RAW. It certainly came across that way in overall rating which was 78. Speaking of Ratings, i decided against putting them up this week but will reconsider for the next show. More World Heavyweight Title Tournament action to come next week on Smackdown! Thanks for reading Guys!

Edited by DaveKOTW

rwlogo.jpg

EUROPEAN DOMINATION?

Raw Preview - April 1, 2002

Last week on the premiere edition of the new Raw brand show, Chris Jericho overcame all the odds to become the Number One Contender for the WWF Title. But while many of his colleagues and fans stare in awe, the WWF European Champion William Regal spits on Jericho's achievement. "Just because he won a match against a sub-ordinary wrestler like Test does not make you a number one contender" moaned Regal. "He is where he is because he's the owner's pet project". WWF European Champion William Regal has been showing his mean streak as of late defending his European Title belt wherever and whenever required but tonight, Regal faces a much tougher opponent in Jericho in a Non-Title fight, something that Regal says he never asked for. Find out who is the better man only on the Raw main event.

What is up with Stone Cold? Last week on Raw, Stone Cold made his big return to the WWE ring with a vicious attack on Edge and Jeff Hardy. Stone Cold blames the fans for the way he is and claims that every WWF title belt is now in his sight. Will the psychotic Austin return for more action tonight?

Also in action tonight is Rob Van Dam who is scheduled to face the man who in 6 days he will face in World Tag Team Championship Match, Ron Waterman. Waterman and X-Pac displayed their in ring savvy last week on Raw when Pac and Waterman outsmarted RVD and Sabu (at least that's what they claim) to beat them in that fateful 6 man intergender tag match. Who will pick up the momentum as we step ever closer to Backlash?

Find out all this and more on Raw, Monday night at 9/8 CT on TNN.

Edited by DaveKOTW

• 2 weeks later...

Please tell me you haven't given up on this diary DaveKOTW, this thing had great potential. It's my favorite diary, other than Hewey's 96-97 ones. Please tell me you're just on hiatus or something like that.

Your biggest fan,

Slain

• 3 weeks later...

rwlogo.jpg

EUROPEAN DOMINANCE

Raw Results - April 1, 2002

We are live on Monday Night Raw with our hosts, Jim Ross and “the Hardcore Legend” Mick Foley for a huge night of Sports Entertainment. We are only 6 days away from Backlash and tonight, the Number One Contender for the WWF Championship, Chris Jericho will go one on one with the WWF European Champion William Regal in the Raw Main Event. We also have Inter-gender tag team action between the WWF Women’s Champion Daffney Unger and her partner Raven and their opponents, Trish Stratus and Bradshaw. Daffney and Trish have been at each other’s throats now for the past few months and will face each other once more at Backlash for the WWF Women’s Title with both competitors eager to take the title. But now it’s time for the opening match.

Rob Van Dam vs. Ron Waterman (w/X-Pac)

What a bout to kick of Raw with both competitors eager to take the advantage before they face off again at Backlash for the World Tag Team Titles. Rob Van Dam dominated the match in the early goings taking it to Ron Waterman with a bunch of high flying moves which culminated with a missile drop kick for the two count. Waterman however had a back up in the form of X-Pac who stealthily injected himself into the match grabbing the foot of Van Dam as he continued on the offensive and allowed Waterman to get himself back into the match with a big clothesline. Waterman followed the cheap shot up with a series with belly to belly suplexes on the ECW legend but was unable to put Van Dam away. Waterman’s night wasn’t about to get any better for him as RVD countered a Powerbomb attempt with a hurricanranna with a pin for the three to his huge surprise. RVD wasn’t about to be given the chance to celebrate however as X-Pac jumped him as soon as he got back to his feet and Waterman and Pac began to stick the boots in before they were chased off by a chair wielding Sabu who came to the rescue of his tag team partner.

Lawler speaks on Hardcore Wrestling

We cut backstage to Jerry Lawler who is standing with Jonathan Coachman eager to get the latest scoop from the owner of the Raw brand. Jerry Lawler says that he wants to make something perfectly clear to all the WWF fans that have been sending him emails, taking to him in the street and so on and that is that he has no intention to turn Monday Night Raw into the next ECW. Lawler says that he appreciates the fact that Raw is full of former ECW superstars like Rob Van Dam and Sabu and the WWF Hardcore Champion Key but as far as he is concerned, the sooner Hardcore Wrestling dies, the better. The crowd did not respond too kindly to Lawler’s words.

Raven and Daffney Unger vs. Bradshaw and Trish Stratus

This match, while on paper would probably seem poor, exceeded all expectations in providing some top action from all four competitors with a special mention to both of the female superstars. Trish and Daffney started off the match with some high pace action, both women looking just to hurt each other rather than score the pin fall Trish looking the more aggressive of the two women. Trish landed Daffney with a vertical suplex and went for the pin but Raven broke up the count in what would not be the last time in the match that Raven attacked Trish. Both men took over and Raven and Bradshaw traded some punches before Raven took down Bradshaw with a high knee to take control. It would take more than a high knee to keep Bradshaw town and despite some strong offensive by Raven, Bradshaw began to fight back with some hard shots and nearly ended the match with a fallaway slam only for Daffney to break up the count just before the three. Daffney’s interference didn’t do anything to please Bradshaw and Bradshaw responded angrily to Daffney but Raven managed to make the save before Bradshaw did something stupid taking him down with a neckbreaker. Both men were down and out and had no choice but to tag back in the women who were more than happy to take over once more and Trish once again took it to Daffney while Raven and Bradshaw recommenced their fight on the outside. Trish scored a couple of pin fall attempts but Daffney refused to lie down much to the despair of the crowd. Raven disposed of Bradshaw on the outside before getting back on to the apron to cheer on Daffney while Trish continued to take the fight to her and it took a blind tag from Raven followed by the Raven Effect to put Trish away and Raven gladly took the win. After the match, Raven went back to Trish and he dragged her to her feet and looked like he was going to hit her with the Raven Effect for a second time when Mr Perfect rushed to the ring to make the save, Raven hightailing it before Mr Perfect could get his hands on him.

“You Disgust Me”

After a commercial break, we return to the ring to see Mr Perfect speak of his disgust of Raven. Mr Perfect says that Raven talks about being bullied and about having a horrid life but Mr Perfect wonders how a man who beats on women can complain that he is disliked. Mr Perfect says that Raven disgusts him and it’s not because of how he looks or what he believes in but how he acts and how he treats people. Mr Perfect says he cannot wait to get his hands on Raven on Sunday because if he gets his way, Raven is going to leave Backlash with another asshole.

“Do you know what you’re doing?”

We go backstage to the Men’s Locker Room as William Regal walks in with his wrestling gear and is approached by Billy Kidman. Kidman wants to know if Regal has anything planned tonight for his match against Jericho but Regal tells him that he’s going to do what he does best and outwrestle Jericho. Kidman laughs at Regal’s comments but Regal tells Kidman he’s serious and guarantees Kidman that he is going to beat Jericho tonight. Has Regal lost it?

WWF Hardcore Championship Match: Key © (w/Charles Wright) vs. Chuck Palumbo

In what probably was the quickest match of the night had Key totally dominate Chuck Palumbo in this hardcore match up. The match started with a chair duel between the two opponents but it wasn’t long before Key took Palumbo down with a clothesline. Key dragged Palumbo to the outside where he introduced him to the steps and the ring post before dropping him hard onto the crowd barrier to the disapproval of the WWF fans. Key decided it was the right time to go for a table and took too much time trying to set up allowing Palumbo to get back into the match with some right hands and a forearm before placing Key onto the table and going up top. Fortunately for Key, he had Charles Wright at hand who pulled Key off the table just in the nick of time and Palumbo crashed through the table. A disgruntled Key dragged the carcass of Palumbo back into the ring where he hit him with the Victimiser for the three count in another successful title defence. I bet Jerry Lawler loved that match!

“I’ll see you at Backlash!”

After a heinous attack from Austin just last week on Raw, Edge decides to speak out on his attacker telling the WWF crowd that if Austin is looking for a fight, he’s got one. Edge says that his entire career he’s had the utmost respect for the Rattlesnake and he can’t figure out why he would stoop to such levels but he certainly won’t back down from a fight! Will Austin accept his challenge?

Test vs. Rikishi

These two superstars are two wrestlers who certainly have been overlooked since the roster split and both men aimed to put on a good match with some good solid action. Rikishi started off the match in control and tried to finish the match off quickly with the savate kick but Test held onto the ropes and pulled himself to the outside avoiding the danger. Rikishi decided to follow Test and Test used Rikishi’s eagerness to his advantage cheap-shotting him as soon as he hit the ground and sending him hard into the ring post. Test beat Rikishi down hard on the outside before sending him back into the ring and climbing up top but Test missed the elbow drop and both men lay motionless on the mat for a good 15 seconds. Both men dragged themselves back to their feet and began to trade punches some more before Test attempted to hit Rikishi with a big boot but Rikishi countered before this time connecting with the savate kick but Test managed to kick out of the cover. Rikishi shocked tried again and again but he was unable to get the three and so he decided he had only one option – the banzai drop. Unfortunately for Rikishi, Test had scouted the move and as Rikishi dropped, Test pulled away and Rikishi landed firmly on the mat. Test got back to his feet quickly and realising that he had the opportunity, struck the prone Rikishi in the head with the big boot and took the 1, 2, 3 for the win. Test was lucky to escape this match with a win.

Regal’s had too much tea!

We go backstage to see Jonathan Coachman joined with the Number One Contender for the WWF Title Chris Jericho and Jericho looks to be in a mischievous mood. The Coach asks Jericho what he makes of Regal’s comments over the past couple of days about being able to beat him with ease and Jericho says he is perplexed with the comments. Jericho says that he doesn’t know whether all the tea has finally gotten to his mind but in case Regal hasn’t noticed, he is the WWF European Champion for a reason and it isn’t because Regal doesn’t like the look of the WWF Title. Nevertheless Jericho promises that tonight, just like he did at Wrestlemania X7, Jericho is going to give Regal a beating that he will NEVER EVER FORGET!

Chris Jericho vs. William Regal

Both men stare off at each other in the middle of the ring when they are interrupted by the arrival of the WWF Champion, The Rock, who comes down to the ring with a huge grin on his face causing immediate suspicion from JR as The Rock joins them. While Jericho and Regal go at it trading control, The Rock takes time to insult his Backlash opponent reminding Mick and JR that the only way Jericho has ever been able to win the big one is by the assistance of other people and come Sunday at Backlash, The Rock is going to show the world once again why he is the very best in the business. The Rock then goes on to promote how William Regal is a technical marvel and how he is an inspiration for all British people. “Hell even the Queen is a William Regal fan!” Regal hits Jericho with a snap suplex but is unable to get the three and the match continues with Regal desperately trying to suplex his way to victory. After some strong dominance by Regal, Jericho begins to fight back with some stiff hard chops followed by a pair of standing drop kicks. Jericho then goes up top and hits a missile drop kick on Regal but is unable to seal the deal with the three. Jericho grabs hold of Regal and tries to lock in the walls of Jericho but Regal counters and locks in the half Boston crab on Jericho only for Jericho to quickly get to the ropes. Regal refuses to let go and the referee has to pull Regal off Y2J and Regal nearly swings at him. Regal should have paid more attention to Jericho who came back at him with another stiff chop before locking in the Walls of Jericho and Regal looks in serious trouble. The Rock panics and rushes from the announce position climbing onto the apron where he distracts the referee just as Regal begins to tap. Jericho notices The Rock and let’s go of the hold before taking a swing at the WWF Champion and the referee tries to intervene but as a result fails to notice Regal remove the brass knucks from his tights and then clobbers Y2J. Regal grins as The Rock backs off knowing what he’s done as Regal hooks the leg of Jericho and takes the three. After Regal takes the three, Regal clambers out of the ring and makes his way up the ramp with his WWF European Title as The Rock enters the ring. In what is a sickening finale to a bad day for Y2J, The Rock waits as Jericho gets back to his feet before planting him with The Rock Bottom to a huge amount of boos from the crowd. Can Jericho beat The Rock? Find out on Backlash

OOC: Sorry for the delays. I've been having a lot of work difficulties and such recently. Hopefully it was worth the wait. All the Best, Dave!

Edited by DaveKOTW

smackdown_logo.jpg

SEMI FINALS

Smackdown Preview - April 4, 2002

Last week on Smackdown, 8 competitors took part in the first round of a World Heavyweight Title tournament that culminates at Backlash. Tonight, the 4 remaining competitors, Kane, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker and Shawn Stasiak will step up one more time to fight for their place in that Backlash match. Which two competitors will make that final leap to face each othat at Backlash? Find out only on Smackdown!

Ever since their debut, Randy Orton and Donovan Clark have been nothing short of a two man wrecking crew beating every team in their path. But at Backlash, Orton and Clark will face two very different opponents in the form of Steve Blackman and Maven. Orton and Clark feel confident about this one but will Steve Blackman look to unsettle their mood tonight when Blackman takes on Donovan Clark.

Also in action tonight is the WWF Cruiserweight Champion Brian Moore who just four weeks ago, won the Cruiserweight Title in a shock debut that saw him snatch the Cruiserwight title out of the grasp of Jerry Lynn. Brian Moore sees action tonight against Kazhurio who has gone from strength to strength since splitting from Taka' grasp. This match certainly could go either way.

CARD PREVIEW

Steve Blackman vs. Donovan Clark

WWF CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Kazuhiro vs. Brian Moore ©

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE TOURNAMENT MATCH #1

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Stasiak

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE TOURNAMENT MATCH #2

Shawn Michaels vs. Kane

Edited by DaveKOTW

After briefly reading this diary (and having planned on doing an Invasion one myself which I am almost tempted not to do now as it'll never be as good as this one) I must say that it is easily one of the best diaries I've seen on here. The new layout seems a lot better than the older one. And you have done what I always assumed basically impossible, given Test a realistic, credible push. I havent read all of the diary, but will start from the beginning, and then will get to work on my own (without plagiarism [sp?] I want to point out) so thanks for some amazing inspiration and I hope that once my diary picks up you will check it out. Even if it is only to check if I have copied anything lol.

smackdown_logo.jpg

BACKLASH MAIN EVENT DECIDED

Smackdown Results - April 4, 2002

“Superstar” by Saliva hits as Smackdown kicks off and we hit the arena where the crowd go wild as the fireworks light up the entrance way. Our Announcers Michael Cole and Tazz welcome us to the show which we finally decide who will face off at Backlash for the World Heavyweight Championship. Vince McMahon’s music hits the arena and the crowd heats up as the owner of the Smackdown brand makes his way down to the ring to open up the show.

The Dominant Brand

Vince McMahon gets on the mic and tells the fans to listen up carefully. Vince says that one week has passed since the initiation of the roster split and having had time to reflect that anyone who is anyone can tell just how superior the Smackdown brand is to the Raw brand. Vince says that while the Raw roster has had to fill their cards up with former ECW superstars and wrestlers that couldn’t cut the grade when the rosters were united, Smackdown is producing shows that are filled with champions and superstars who will be the future of the World Wrestling Federation. Vince says that while this might only be semi evident now, in time, just like WCW and ECW, Jerry Lawler’s brand will die and Vince will once more have complete control of the WWF. Looks like all Vince wanted to do tonight was to toot his horn and he did a fantastic job at that.

The Intercontinental Champ

We head backstage to the corridor where we join Shawn Stasiak with a group of unknown women. Stasiak tells the women that as much as he’d love their company right now, he has a huge match tonight against The Undertaker and he needs to prepare if he is to become the first World Heavyweight Champion of the Smackdown brand. The women seem to buy it and wish him luck but Matt Hardy is less than impressed. Matt tells Stasiak that if he thinks he’s going any chance in hell of beating The Undertaker, then he is insane – comments which Stasiak doesn’t take to kindly. Stasiak reminds Matt that last week on Smackdown, he beat WWF Legend; The British Bulldog while all Matt succeeded in doing was losing to Kane in the shortest qualifying match in this tournament so far. Matt challenges Stasiak to a match at Backlash for the WWF Intercontinental Title but Stasiak declines it as feels he won’t be able to pull double duty on a PPV with the World Heavyweight Title Match already taking place. Will Stasiak be regretting these words later on tonight?

Donovan Clark vs. Steve Blackman

After a short commercial break, we get down to our first wrestling action of the night pitting one of the newest superstars in the WWF Donovan Clark against the Lethal Weapon Steve Blackman. Blackman came out with a very aggressive line, Steve obviously not happy with Clark and Orton’s treatment towards Maven over the past few weeks. Blackman counters a clothesline from Clark and plants him with a Russian Legsweep but only manages the two from the pin fall attempt. Clark resorts to playing dirty and rakes the eyes of his opponent before taking advantage with a vicious under-hook Powerbomb on his opponent before just missing out on the three after hitting Blackman with a high impact shoulder block. Clark gets back to his feet and tries to hit the Golden Gate Spin on Blackman but Blackman counters and nearly scores the win for himself with a suplex with a bridge. Clark gets back to his feet and side slams Blackman but foolishly doesn’t capitalise on the move. Clark would leave ringside cursing his moves second later as when he returns to Blackman, Blackman grabs hold of him and rolls him up grabbing the tights stealing the win. Blackman quickly makes his escape from the ring celebrating his victory while Clark looks on. But Blackman never was going to get out of this arena unscathed being jumped by Orton on the outside seconds after leaving the ring. Orton brings Blackman back inside the ring where he and Clark beat down on him hard. An enthusiastic Maven is next to show up coming to the aid of his opponent but when Orton catches sight of him, causes Maven to halt his attack. In a shocking turn of events, Maven backs off of his challengers and walks back up the ramp holding up his hands while Blackman gets the boot stuck in. Nice team work there Maven!

He’s Coming Next Week

It’s time for another Mark Henry promo. We’re told that Mark Henry is returning to the WWF next week but which brand is he going to be on? Whatever happens, Somebody’s Gonna Get Their Ass Kicked!

Cheated

We go backstage to Josh Matthews who is standing by with Kurt Angle. Angle says he’s got to get something off his chest because the current situation in the WWF is freaking Crazy! Angle says that last week on Smackdown, he dominated Shawn Michaels throughout their match up only for HBK to get a lucky roll up and now he’s facing Kane in the Semi Finals of the World Heavyweight Title Tournament. Angle says that he was cheated and everybody knows it! Josh Matthews asked Kurt what his future holds for him now but Angle said that even he didn’t know. Angle promised that as soon as he knew, he’d let the world know just what he had planned!

World Heavyweight Title Match Semi Final #1 – The Undertaker vs. Shawn Stasiak

After all the early hype during the night, one would have thought Shawn Stasiak would have been confident but his facial expression was far from cool and collected and he came to the ring. The Undertaker however looked like a man on a mission and his mere entrance music sent a shiver down the spine of the Intercontinental Champion. But despite his fears, Stasiak started off the match in an aggressive fashion blindsiding The Undertaker was testing the ropes but he should have thought more carefully about his approach – after all you’re not going to beat The Undertaker in a brawling match. The Undertaker quickly took control and it wasn’t long before The Undertaker got Stasiak in a pinning predicament Taker planting Stasiak’s head into them at with a DDT, Taker getting a 2 from the cover. Taker brought Stasiak back to his feet but Shawn decided to cut his losses raking the eyes of The Deadman before heading out of the ring and back up the ramp. The Undertaker however was not about to let someone walk out on him and immediately went in hot pursuit of his opponent cutting him down just as Stasiak got to the top of the ramp. The Undertaker grabbed hold of Stasiak by the head and dragged him back down the ramp and despite Stasiak’s best efforts, was sent right back into the centre of the ring. The Intercontinental Champion did however manage to get some offensive back in cutting The Undertaker down as he climbed back into the ring and sent Taker reeling with some hard upper cuts. Stasiak went for the Death Valley Driver but The Undertaker countered with ease before crushing the Intercontinental Champion’s chances of making the final of the World Heavyweight Title tournament, choke slamming Stasiak with force into the mat. All that was left was the 1,2,3 and The Undertaker is going to Backlash!

The Undertaker?

After the break we return backstage with Josh Matthews who is live with Paul Heyman and The Monster Kane. Heyman and Kane are asked about their feelings on The Undertaker making it to the final of the World Heavyweight Title Tournament and Heyman admits he’s concerned – Heyman says he’s concerned because he feels sorry for all of the WWF fans who have paid to see the same thing happen once more when The Undertaker gets beaten into the ground on by the future World Heavyweight Champion, Kane. Matthews questions Heyman’s confidence as he may not even make the final. Heyman tells Matthews to just watch and see.

WWF Cruiserweight Title Match: Brian Moore © vs. Kazuhiro

Brian Moore makes his Smackdown brand debut tonight facing off against the skilful Kazuhiro in this fast paced match up that really shows the talents of both competitors. Like most cruiserweight matches, both men put their bodies on the line with some crazy high flying moves but none stuck in the minds as much as Kazuhiro’s 360 splash that failed to connect with Brian Moore. The finish came shortly after Kazuhiro planted Brian Moore with a drop kick before heading up to the top rope. Sadly for Kaz though, his high impact style took the better of him and he took just a bit too long getting up to the top rope and Brian Moore took the advantage dropping him with some right hands before hitting him with a huge Tornado DDT off the top rope. The crowd were not happy that Moore retained but he won’t care! You don’t know what it’s like to be him!

Lost eh?

The WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Stasiak was having a bad day. Just when he thought his day couldn’t get any worse losing in the Semi Finals of the World Heavyweight Title Tournament to The Undertaker, Stasiak could now not find the beautiful women who just a short time ago were desperate to be with him. He did find someone however and that person was none other than Matt Hardy! Matt grinned as Stasiak looked at him with contempt obviously wishing he could have met anyone but him and Matt didn’t take him long to remind him about his loss. Stasiak looked to have taken his loss well until Matt decided to walk away when Stasiak struck him from behind knocking him flat against the concrete floor. Stasiak told Matt that no one disrespects him and that he eats guys like him for breakfast? Is Stasiak asking Matt out or is he challenging him to a match at Backlash?

World Heavyweight Title Match Semi Final #2 – Shawn Michaels vs. Kane (w/Paul Heyman)

This match was the most anticipated match of the night with both competitors coming down to the ring with a purpose. Shawn Michaels started off strong throwing everything he had at the Monster Kane but nothing seemed to be able to get the big man down. Michaels began to make Kane shake at the legs after hitting him with two flying clotheslines but he would never get to see the effect of the third one as Kane stuck his big sized 16 boot right into the face of the Show Stopper. HBK’s night was not about to get any better as Kane began a huge beat down on the Heart Break Kid with a plethora of hard right hand shots and some power slams that could have broke the back of his competitor. Kane decided he wanted to end the match as soon as he could heading up the top rope before connecting with the clothesline from hell and Michaels looked in deep trouble. Shawn had plenty of in ring experience however and when Kane went for that chokeslam, HBK did what any in ring veteran would do and that was a kick down low that took all the wind out of his opponent. It looks like Kane is human after all! Michaels began to show signs of life as he fought back with some hard fists before taking Kane to the mat with a clothesline and then followed up with an elbow drop from the top rope to make double sure that Kane was down. HBK had the fans behind him and soon enough he was in the corner tuning up the band. Could we see The Undertaker vs. HBK at Backlash? Sadly for Michaels, he did not connect with Kane but instead with the referee! Kane doesn’t take long to get a hold of HBK once more and he quickly looks for the tombstone but HBK somehow manages to counter the move and he hits Kane with the Sweet Chin Music but the referee is still down. HBK could have this match won! Sadly for HBK, that would be as far as things go as the man who he “cheated” out of the World Heavyweight Title just last week, returned to claim his revenge against HBK hitting him over the back of the head with a forearm before planting him with the Angle Slam. Angle thought he had done enough for Kane but when Kane made the cover; HBK kicked out on the two much to the surprise of both Angle and the crowd. Kane wouldn’t be denied his spot at Backlash however and finished the job with a huge chokeslam for the 1,2,3.

See you At Backlash

After the match, Paul Heyman got into the ring and congratulated the Monster Kane who obviously had been put to the test here tonight. But Kane didn’t look happy – Kane never looks happy and The Undertaker’s appearance at the stage certainly didn’t do anything to change that. Taker tells Kane that he will see him at Backlash and one way or another, this Sunday, there will be a NEW World Heavyweight Champion! Will it be Kane or The Undertaker? Find out at Backlash!

OOC: Hope you enjoyed fellas! Feedback appreciated as always!

Edited by DaveKOTW

Just a quick drop-in to say hi and that I'm still reading this, brother. Backlash is Taker/Kane, well I must say I have loved the way you've been portraying The Big Red Machine lately and I would like to think he will be the winner. Plus with Kane besting Austin at WM, I have to say he kind of has the advantage.

Loving the new style layout too, by the way.

WWF BACKLASH PREDICTION CONTEST

backlash.jpg

Okay everyone, as unbelievable as it is, we are just about to reach WWF Backlash and this is the time when you, the reader, gets to make your PPV predictions with the winner getting a prize for their troubles. So good luck everyone. I look forward to seeing your predictions and thank you for continuing to read and participate in this diary.

Okay guys so the rules are as follows; 1 point for each correct prediction on each match. Also below are 5 bonus questions that are worth an additional 1 point each; Make sure all of who makes their prediction complies with the Diary Dome Rules which states that each prediction made MUST be reasoned. Anyone who doesn't gives reasons for their predictions will not be counted. Thank you and Good Luck!

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

The Rock © vs. Chris Jericho

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

The Undertaker vs. Kane

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Shawn Stasiak © vs. Matt Hardy

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Rob Van Dam & Sabu vs. Ron Waterman & X-Pac

Mr. Perfect vs. Raven

Donovan Clark & Randy Orton vs. Steve Blackman & Maven

WWF WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP HARDCORE MATCH

Daffney Unger © vs. Trish Stratus

Edge challenges Stone Cold Steve Austin

1)Which match will open Backlash?

2)Which match will Main Event Backlash?

3)Who will take the fall in the Clark/Orton vs. Blackman/Maven Match?

4)Will Stone Cold answer Edge's challenge?

5)Who will be the Backlash MVP? (Remember this is determined by who came out on top during the highest rated segment of the show)

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

I really don't think Jericho is going to win, especially after The Rock just beat Undertaker

The Undertaker vs. Kane

He's been on quite a roll lately

Stasiak has been great lately

RVD And Sabu deserve it after being jobbed out to Key

Mr. Perfect vs. Raven

I've never liked Raven

I've always marked for both guys

Daffney hasn't had the title long enough to lose it yet

1)Which match will open Backlash?

Clark And Orton Vs. Blackman And Maven

2)Which match will Main Event Backlash?

The Rock Vs. Chris Jericho

3)Who will take the fall in the Clark/Orton vs. Blackman/Maven Match?

Donovan Clark

4)Will Stone Cold answer Edge's challenge?

Yes

5)Who will be the Backlash MVP? (Remember this is determined by who came out on top during the highest rated segment of the show)

The Rock

Edited by slain

I really like the ne, shortened style man, keep using it, its great and easy to read.

On to Backlash!

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

-Ya know, i just have this feeling that Jericho is going to pull it out. After Rock went over Taker, itll be a little unnvering booking-wise i think, but i think it is very WWE-esque booking, and i love Jericho, so i dont have a problem with it if it does happen! ive been longing for a Jericho reign since the start of this diary! Y2J!!!

The Undertaker vs. Kane

-I am absolutely loving Kane's push in this diary. It has been fantastic so far, utterly fantastic. I dont think Taker needs nor deserves another run at the belt yet, not at all. Kane does deserve a proper reign, and i believe and hope that Backlash will be the start of a grand new era for the WWF!

-This match has been too hastily thrown together for a title change right now. However, if it continues past Backlash, i fully expect to see Hardy putting in some decent challenges for the belt. He has sort of come from nowhere, but this feud can fix that if done right.

-I think that, for the fans sake, RVD & Sabu have to go over here. McMahon's stooges have been consistently jobbing before Mania, now maybe it will change. If these two continue to feud, i think it'd hopefully bring out the best in both teams, for now i'm going for the ECW alumni, but im not feeling this match too much at the minute.

Mr. Perfect vs. Raven

-This, on the other hand, i am loving! I am a big fan of both guys, and Perfect showed us that he could still go back in 2002-2003, before his death. Raven was getting a bit fat by this stage, but hey, this isnt reality! Some real good potential here, and im going for Raven for now

-Seriously, what? For a start, Blackman is still under contract. And, i have empathy for Maven, because he is, ya know, Maven, but just...bleugh

-(Not at all) Hugh Morrus has gone, and Daffney's 'spark' seems to have disappearing as well. If done right, could be a cracking match!

-What?

1)Which match will open Backlash? WWF Tag Team Championship

2)Which match will Main Event Backlash? Rock vs Jericho, this is just silly :P

3)Who will take the fall in the Clark/Orton vs. Blackman/Maven Match? Maven

4)Will Stone Cold answer Edge's challenge? Yes

5)Who will be the Backlash MVP? (Remember this is determined by who came out on top during the highest rated segment of the show) More royalties for me from this then! I'll go for Austin

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

The Rock © vs. Chris Jericho--------------------- I can see Rock retaining this just somehow and than Jericho winning it at the next PPV.

The Undertaker vs. Kane------------------------- I think Kane should win this because the way you've built him up i can see him as top of the brand and with Heyman he's been on form. Taker should be screwed out of this match by Heyman

Shawn Stasiak © vs. Matt Hardy----------------Stasiak will retain. I think you personally need to build Matt Hardy up a bit more before having him take the title away from Stasiak who is pretty much should stay the centre piece of the IC title scene as he is one of the future guys for your diary

Rob Van Dam & Sabu vs. Ron Waterman & X-Pac--------------- I think i can smell a Lawler turn after what he said about how Hardcore wrestling should die and i can see him costing RVD and Sabu the titles and a possible ECW VS Lawler feud in the making

Mr. Perfect vs. Raven----------------- Two very good guys who are personal favourites of mine and it's tough to call but i think i'll have to go with Perfect in a good wrestling match

Donovan Clark & Randy Orton vs. Steve Blackman & Maven-----------Clark and Orton are the future and you are big on these guys. Blackman doesn't really have a future i think in your diary except for jobber to the stars and hardcore wrestler so Clark and Orton to win.

Daffney Unger © vs. Trish Stratus--------------------Trish all the way. I just don't like Daffney and i think you need the more experienced Trish as the face of Womens wrestling in WWE

1)Which match will open Backlash?--------------------------- Clark/Orton VS Blackman/Maven

2)Which match will Main Event Backlash?--------------------- Rock VS Jericho

3)Who will take the fall in the Clark/Orton vs. Blackman/Maven Match?----------------------Blackman

4)Will Stone Cold answer Edge's challenge?-----------------------Yes

5)Who will be the Backlash MVP? (Remember this is determined by who came out on top during the highest rated segment of the show)----------------Mr.Perfect

backlash.jpg

WWF BACKLASH RESULTS

Welcome everyone to WWF Backlash! We are LIVE here in the Kemper Arena in Kansas City Missouri with a sold out crowd and we are all hoping for one action packed night of Sports Entertainment. We quickly are introduced to our Raw commenting team of JR and Mick Foley who introduce themselves before introducing their Smackdown colleagues, Michael Cole and Tazz. Both teams seem to be glad to be in each other’s company despite the fact that they are now on different brands are effectively competing with one another here tonight.

World Tag Team Championship Match – Rob Van Dam & Sabu Vs Ron Waterman & X-Pac

The Raw brand kicked off the night’s action with a huge World Tag Team Title match as Raw looked to announce their first tag team champions here tonight. X-Pac and Waterman came into the match with a game plan and that plan was to isolate one of their opponents and that man was Rob Van Dam with X-Pac and Waterman both looking to ground their opponent working a lot on his legs in the early goings, X-Pac even locking in the figure four leg lock. With RVD incapacitated and in severe pain, RVD and Sabu looked unlikely to be taking the tag team titles home but X-Pac provided with some hope after that overly sensitive X-Pac got took too long interacting with the crowd and consequently botched a moonsault attempt. When Sabu got into the action, the Suicidal Homicidal Genocidal Sabu looked like man possessed taking on both opponents single handily first clearing X-Pac from the ring before delivering the Arabian Skullcrusher to Waterman although he was unable to put him away. The finish came shortly after shortly after RVD made the tag back in and he delivered the Rolling Thunder on Ron Waterman while X-Pac and Sabu were brawling on the outside. A crash on the outside is heard as RVD gets back to his feet holding onto his ribs as he makes his way up to the top rope for the 5 Star Frog Splash. Will RVD and Sabu become the New Tag Team Champions? As RVD is set to leap, the camera shifts to the side to see X-Pac jumping onto the apron and he grabs hold of RVD’s leg. RVD manages to shift X-Pac with some hard fists to the head but doesn’t notice the mammoth Waterman collide with the ropes dropping him from his pouncing position. The crowd are unable to hide their emotions booing Waterman as Waterman body slams RVD off of the top rope before begging him to get back to his feet. Here it comes! WATER BOMB! Waterman has nothing left to do except hook the leg while the referee counts the……1……….2……….3 and announces the new World Tag Team Champions!

Winners – X-Pac and Ron Waterman (New World Tag Team Champions)

WWF Women’s Championship Hardcore Match – Daffney Unger © Vs. Trish Stratus

This match exceeded all expectations in a match that was predicted to be the worst match of the night – the stipulations really helped this match go a lot further. Trish and Daffney both started this match off without weapons but it didn’t take long for the women to take it to the outside. Daffney seemed intent on marking Trish’s chest with severe back hand chops before Trish delivered cleverly dropped Daffney into the steel steps busting Daffney open at the mouth with a drop toe hold. Trish went under the ring and brought out the weapons and proceeded to work on Daffney’s back with multiple Singapore cane shots before choking Daffney with the television cable. Daffney however was not to be out done by some “blonde bimbo” and fought back before busting Trish’s head open with multiple shots to the ring post before knocking her flat out with a huge chair shot that echoed through the arena. The finish came shortly after Trish planted Daffney with a DDT in the ring but was unable to take the three from the cover. Trish, determined to take back her title unbuckled one of the turnbuckle covers exposing the metal below had an Irish whip attempt backfire on her Daffney countering the move and nearly sending Trish into it herself. While Trish was able to dodge the buckle, she was unable to dodge Daffney’s jumping DDT. Daffney did not step there however and she climbed up to the top rope and connected with a Moonsault to secure the victory, the crowd surprisingly cheering her performance as she made the cover.

Winner – Daffney (still WWF Women’s Champion)

A short match that really showed where Maven stands in the scheme of things. Clark & Orton came with a game plan jumping Steve Blackman as he made his way to the ring, removing him from the match before Maven even made an appearance with a double Powerbomb to Blackman. With Blackman out of the match up, Maven might as well have not turned up as he walked into a heap of trouble, Orton and Clark playing with him as Blackman lay motionless on the outside. Orton and Clark slapped Maven around and Maven did manage to connect with one drop kick on Donovan Clark but it didn’t take long for Orton to level Maven with a big forearm before planting him in the mat with the O-Zone for the 1…..2…..3. After the match Orton and Clark proceeded to underline their actions with Orton telling Clark to bring Blackman back into the ring so that Orton could also hit Blackman with the O-Zone. Clark and Orton are two cocky SOBs!

Winners – Randy Orton and Donovan Clark

The Greatest of all Time

We go backstage where The Coach joins The Rock for an exclusive interview with the WWF Champ. The Coach asks The Rock how confident he is about his match up and The Rock blows up in Coach’s face. The Rock says he is damn confident about his match up tonight. The Rock says that over the past 4 months, The Rock has been to hell and back with matches against the WWF Chairman, the Undertaker as well as being in matches with wrestlers like Kurt Angle, Stone Cold and so on and so on and The Rock has come through all of these challengers as the WWF Champion. The Rock said it is clear now to everyone or at least should be clear that as far as WWF Champions go, The Rock is the VERY BEST past present and future and there is no way in hell that some WCW reject like Chris Jericho is going to out do him here tonight. Paul Heyman doesn’t however smell what The Rock is cooking. Heyman quickly comes into shot interrupting the former People’s Champion with his client Kane and proceeds to clarify some of The Rock’s comments with The Rock. Heyman says that everyone in this industry who knows him by now knows that he is a huge fan of The Rock and that he is sure that The Rock will be able to beat Jericho here tonight. BUT, Paul Heyman has to disagree with The Rock’s statement about being the very best in the business because tonight, tonight, a new era is going to begin on Smackdown, an era bigger than The Rock’s and that is the era of the future World Heavyweight Champion, Kane! Heyman says that tonight, Kane is going to prove to the World that he is the very best by beating The Undertaker. Heyman tells The Rock that if he disagrees with what Heyman says, he’d be more than happy to set up a match between The Rock and Kane to see who the better man really is but The Rock puts his hands up and tells them that everything is cool and to relax. Heyman smiles and walks off with Kane wishing The Rock luck in his match tonight but before The Rock he reassures The Coach that he could take Kane. He just didn’t want to upset him. The Rock says he cares about how people feel! Empathy, you know? Oh we know Rocky! We know!

WWF Intercontinental Championship Match – Shawn Stasiak © vs. Matt Hardy

This match had little build up but certainly didn’t disappoint as both wrestlers fought tooth and nail is this hard fought contest. Shawn Stasiak came down to the ring first and decided that he would get on the microphone and belittle Matt Hardy. Stasiak said that Matt Hardy was not in his league and nothing more than a Tag Team Wrestler. Matt Hardy came out with a point to prove and set himself upon the Intercontinental Champion to a huge response from the crowd. Matt delivered a bunch of forearms one after the other before going for the twist of fate but Stasiak managed to push Matt Hardy away before bailing out of the ring knowing he just averted a certain defeat. Stasiak was flustered on the outside and even considered walking out but somehow, the fans reaction and the referee’s count caused him to double back and get in the ring just before the referee reached the 10. Stasiak got pummelled with some more Matt Hardy offensive and Matt Hardy took both men to the outside. As soon as both men got back to their feet, right hands were traded with Matt attempting to send Stasiak into the steel steps but Stasiak countered and Matt Hardy went crashing. Stasiak followed this up with a slam against the barricade that really seemed to take the wind out of his challenger. The tides began to turn and Stasiak really began to beat down on his opponent getting. Stasiak planted Matt Hardy with a shoulder breaker that produced a big reaction from the crowd but only managed the two from the cover. The two wrestlers proceeded to get the crowd going with some good spots, Matt missing the top rope leg drop and later countering the Death Valley driver by Stasiak before connecting with the Twist of Fate but somehow, Stasiak kicked out on the two. The finish came shortly afterwards when a stunned Matt Hardy got back to his feet begging his opponent to do the same as he waited to hit the Second Twist of Fate but Stasiak countered the move before planting Matt with a belly to belly suplex. Stasiak got back to his feet once more and went for the Death Valley Driver but Matt once again slid of his back and went for a roll up but Stasiak countered the roll up, rolling up Matt Hardy instead, but he held onto the bottom rope as the referee made the three count. Stasiak just stole the win from Matt Hardy! Shawn Stasiak quickly escaped from the ring grabbing hold of his Intercontinental Championship the crowd booing Stasiak heavily as Matt Hardy protested in the ring to the referee.

Winner – Shawn Stasiak (and still WWF Intercontinental Champion)

Raven vs. Mr. Perfect

This was a great back and forth match with a bunch of trademark moves thrown in for good measure. Mr Perfect looked aggressive in the early going delivering several back handed chops to his opponent but he was unable to finish the job early despite a belly to back suplex pin attempt. Raven came back hard and fast with some right hands before focusing his attack on the right leg of Mr Perfect. Raven used all of the standard moves including knee drops and chop blocks to the back of the knee to keep Mr Perfect grounded but even by doing this, was unable to take the three. Nevertheless, Mr Perfect was grounded and Raven began the trash talk slapping his opponent around before locking in the Cobra Clutch working the lower back of Mr Perfect and you could tell from his face he was in absolute agony. But Perfect crawled and crawled and eventually got the ropes to the cheers from the crowd not that he was allowed to soak in the applause as Raven quickly followed up with a huge club to the back of the head. Raven locked Mr Perfect in a side head lock and continued to berate him with smash talk like some angry 15 year old kid that had listened to too many Limp Bizkit albums. Perfect did try to get back to his feet but once again, Raven stuck a thumb to the eye and then followed up with a big bulldog. Another pin fall attempt. Another kick out. What does Raven have to do? Raven complained to the referee again and again with each attempt Raven somehow feeling that every time he made the cover, he was owed the victory. But Raven should have focused on the match in hand as that’s what Mr Perfect did. Raven walked back and walked straight into some right hands to the midsection of Raven and Mr Perfect got was back in this match. Perfect, despite the injured leg, took it to his opponent with some stiff clotheslines before dragging him into the corner with some hard back hand chops. Next from Perfect was a snapmare followed by Rolling Cutter for good measure. Perfect went for the Perfect-Plex but Raven countered the move before trying to hit the Perfect-Plex himself but Perfect managed to counter the move back and this time connected with his trademark move folding up his opponent for the ……..1……….2……….3 and taking the win. Mr Perfect stood tall in the ring to a standing ovation from the WWF fans as Raven headed backstage licking his wounds in a hard fought contest.

Winner – Mr. Perfect

World Heavyweight Championship Match – The Undertaker Vs Kane (w/Paul Heyman)

We arrived at the first of Backlash’s two Main Event matches and this one was for the World Heavyweight Championship. This match certainly did not disappoint with two powerhouses fighting with everything they had. On one hand, you had the Veteran, the Legend, the Phenom the Undertaker who had dominated the World Wrestling Federation for over ten years and on the other side, you had a real life monster that had not lost a match since his turn in December and with Paul Heyman by his side, who know what was possible? Kane was the definite heel in this match up with the crowd heavily behind The Undertaker. Taker and Kane started off the match swapping hard fists but neither man looked like dropping. The Undertaker however was determined to get the Monster off his feet and despite Kane landing on his feet when he was sent to the outside, was unable to avoid crashing and burning when The Undertaker hit Kane with a suicide dive to the outside. The Undertaker began to take control on the outside seeming to be more relaxed in his surroundings than Kane using them to his advantage while Kane seemed more like a fish out of Water. Heyman tried to inject himself into the match grabbing hold of a steel chair but Taker caught him in the act and Heyman dropped the chair in shock. Heyman would have been in deep trouble as the Deadman approached but Kane off camera got back to his feet before attacking The Undertaker from behind with a clothesline dropping The Undertaker to his knees before following up with a big boot to the face. Heyman began to get more vocal and directed Kane to clear the announce table before chucking The Undertaker on the top. Kane then decided to take this match to the next level backing up onto the apron and signalled off the crowd. Michael Cole and Tazz knew what was coming! Kane went for a DIVING ELBOW DROP but The Undertaker rolled out of the way and Kane crashed the announce table. Holy Hell Kane! Heyman can’t believe it! The crowd can’t believe it! Hell even I can’t believe it! The Undertaker rolled onto his belly and slowly got back to his feet. He knew what he had to do and he began to drag Kane back to the ring. Will Taker be the World Heavyweight Champion? 1…………………2…………..Kane kicks out! Taker can’t believe it. Taker gets back to his feet and goes for the chokeslam but Kane grabs Taker by the throat and both men struggle to hit their own move. Taker eventually breaks them up with some right hands but Kane responds with a big boot. Kane heads up top and goes for the flying clothesline from hell on The Undertaker. Kane goes for a chokeslam but Taker counters with an elbow to the head before grabbing Kane and this time connecting with his own chokeslam! Taker has done it! Heyman dives onto the apron screaming at the referee and The Undertaker turns away from Kane and grabs hold of Kane by the jacket throwing him but as he does this KANE SITS UP! Look out Taker! But it’s too late! Kane attacks Taker from behind with a club to the back of the head. Kane then whips The Undertaker hard into the adjacent turnbuckle before signalling for the end and he hits the Tombstone Piledriver on the Deadman! Kane folds Taker’s arms on his chest……..1…………..2…………….3 Kane wins! Kane is the new World Heavyweight Champion! Kane grabs hold of his new title and Heyman bows down to the World Heavyweight Champion as The Undertaker lays motionless on the ground. Kane defeated The Deadman! Paul Heyman’s prophecy was true! God help the Smackdown Roster!

Winner – Kane (and New World Heavyweight Champion)

The Challenge

After a brief commercial break, we return to ringside as Raw Superstar Edge makes his way to the ring. Edge gets on the mic and says that he has come to the ring for some answers. Edge reminds the fans that last week on Raw, he made a challenge to Stone Cold Steve Austin who a few weeks ago, attacked him without provocation. Edge said that he last week on Raw, he challenged Austin to a match at Backlash but despite a bombardment of phone calls and emails, Stone Cold still hasn’t responded. Edge questions Austin’s manly hood and thinks that Austin may not be the tough guy he always maintained he was. All of a sudden, the Glass Shatters and the crowd heats up but where is Austin. To the surprise of everyone, Stone Cold then becomes visible on the Titantron. Austin says that he’s back in Texas and that the reason Austin hasn’t responded to any of Edge’s calls or emails is nothing to do with the fact that Austin is scared of Edge. Austin says that as far as he is concerned, he attacked Edge because Edge is a nobody! Edge is Pathetic! In fact, as far as Stone Cold is concerned, Edge isn’t even fit to tie up his boots. The camera is focused on Edge as Edge watches the screen and only has a quick glance as they notice a figure slide in the ring behind him. It’s Austin! Austin attacks Edge from behind with a steel chair knocking Edge flat against the floor. Austin then begins to beat down Edge with a bunch of chair shots to the absolute disgust from the fans and screams and shouts of the Raw Announce Team. Austin was fuming though. Austin grabbed hold of Edge by the ankle and locked into the chair before going up top! No Austin! Don’t do it! TOO LATE! Austin stomps onto the steel chair and Edge yells in pain! Austin could have just broken Edge’s damn Ankle! EMTs come to the ring as Austin walks off with a big grin on his face. Austin is one sick S.O.B!

WWF Championship Match – The Rock © vs. Chris Jericho

Well here it is! The second Main Event and what a Main Event it was. The Rock had been WWF Champion for the past 3 months and looked nothing short of unstoppable while Chris Jericho was on absolute fire on Raw so both Superstars had a great chance of coming away with the gold tonight. The Rock started the match off in an arrogant fashion taunting Jericho but Jericho pushed all the right buttons on The Rock when he told him to “Just Bring It” and The Rock swung for the challenger. Jericho and The Rock had good back and forth action with The Rock trading his punches for Jericho’s back hand chops and it wasn’t long before both men were on the outside. The Rock tried to flee from his opponent who was in hot pursuit as they circled the ring before The Rock slid back into the ring and beat down on Jericho. Rock and Jericho exchanged the action with both men taking near falls on countless occasions. Later on The Rock slapped the sharpshooter on Chris Jericho and Jericho was looking in serious trouble. Jericho, however, had a strong support from the crowd here in the Kemper Arena and Jericho somehow managed to get his hands on the bottom rope and The Rock should have let go but The Rock refused. The referee grabbed hold of the WWF Champion and he pulled him but The Rock and The Rock reluctantly let go. The Rock felt he was being cheated here and complained to the referee grabbing him by the shirt and there was struggle and that struggle nearly cost The Rock as Jericho rolled him up from behind and the referee was only a fraction away of counting the three. The finish came when The Rock had The Rock Bottom countered by Jericho who followed up with a full nelson facebuster. Jericho was fired up and so where the crowd! All he has to do is go for the pin! But No! Jericho goes for the Walls of Jericho! Is The Rock going to tap out to the Walls of Jericho? Wait! Someone just got into the ring! It’s It’s! MARK HENRY! Mark Henry clubs Jericho down to the ground with a huge clothesline and the referee rings the bell! What the Hell is Mark Henry doing here? Henry grabs hold of Jericho and throws him into the corner! Running Splash on Chris Jericho! Henry, sweating like crazy, grabs hold of Jericho. FALLING POWESLAM! Jericho has been destroyed here by The World’s Strongest Man Mark Henry! Mark Henry stands over the destroyed Jericho and raises his arms as the crowd boo the man who has been hyped to return for the past month. But Jericho’s night isn’t over yet! As soon as Henry leaves the ring, the WWF Champion returns with his belt and looks down at his fallen opponent and in an act of a surprise, puts out his hand and helps Jericho back to his feet. What a good mark of Sportsmanship by The Rock! But just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water…..NO WAIT ROCKBOTTOM! The Rock just cheapshotted Y2J! The Rock grabs hold of the referee and tells him to make the count as The Rock hooks the leg of Y2J and he makes the three but the match is still over! The Rock is a sick human being! The Rock raises the WWF Championship to a chorus of boos while Jericho lays motionless on the mat!

Winner – No Contest (The Rock remains the WWF Champion)

We got a 1.90 buy rate for 'Backlash'!

The attendance was 20125 people.

We made $4750000 from pay-per-view revenue.

We made $1207500 from ticket sales.

The Backlash MVP is Kane

OOC: Feedback Appreciated as always I hope you enjoyed the show

rwlogo.jpg

ONE DAY REMOVED

Raw Preview - April 8, 2002

We are one day removed from Backlash and what a PPV it was. Last night, The Rock retained the WWF Champion in conspicuous circumstances when Mark Henry made his return to the squared circle and became the difference maker in what was a very evenly fought match. The Rock, who has since claimed to have no involvement in the recruitment of Mark Henry, was happy to see Henry decimate his opponent which resulted in the match being declared a no-contest before adding salts to the wounds of his challenger by Rockbottoming Jericho and asking the referee to make the count. The Rock declared in an exclusive interview with WWF.com that his actions were totally justified as the fans came to see a winner. "It was the professional thing to do!". Lets see if Chris Jericho feels the same way when he steps in front of the WWF crowd here tonight. It will be also interesting to see what words Jericho has for the World's Strongest Man!

Chris Jericho wasn't the only man to get the short straw of things last night at Backlash as Edge found himself at the end of a very brutal and savage attack from the hands of Stone Cold Steve Austin. Edge made a bold move by confronting Austin after the Rattlesnake attacked him a few weeks back but Edge should have been more careful. You don't anger a Rattlesnake and that'd just what Edge did. As a result, Edge ended up having his ankle placed in a chair and Austin dropped down on it severely damaging Edge's ankle. Initial reports have stated that Edge could be out for 3 months but Edge refuses to admit it. See what Edge says when he comes to Raw tonight!

The World Tag Team Champions X-Pac and Ron Waterman will also be on Raw tonight when they make their first title defense against Jeff Hardy and Scotty 2 Hotty. RVD and Sabu, who lost to the Tag Champions at Backlash will be sure to be paying close attention to the new Champs as both Superstars have stressed their desire for a return match as soon as possible. Pay close attention to this one!

Find out all the latest news and more on Raw, Monday night at 9/8 CT on TNN.

CARD PREVIEW

X-Pac and Ron Waterman © Vs Jeff Hardy and Scotty 2 Hotty

Mr. Perfect vs. Billy Kidman

Rob Van Dam and Sabu vs. Lance Storm and Marc Mero

Edited by DaveKOTW

OK dude, i quite enjoyed Backlash, thoughts.

World Tag Titles Match: Youve stuck at it with Vince's Bitches, but i just wasnt feeling this match too much as it went down and how, it seemed a little underwhelming. You desperately need some credibler tag teams man!

Daffney vs Trish: I quite enjoyed this one, although i wouldve liked to see Trish win, no harm done from Daffney retaining once again, I look forward to seeing where this one goes.

Orton & Clark vs Jobbers: Who? Nice squash, i wouldve preferred to see Orton & Clark show off for longer, but its all good. No idea why Dick, err, Head Cheese reject Blackman still has a job though, he isnt even as good as Bill DeMott.

I LOVED the interview segment man, you are pretty good at these promos and i liked how it was written up.

IC Title Match: I really enjoyed this one and see big things in the futures of both Stasiak and Hardy, woooo! Looking forward to seeing where this feud progresses from here

Raven-Perfect: I loved it! Im a big fan of both guys, despite them being past their prime here, you can still work wonders promo wise, and can still put on a decent match here, keep this one going!

WHC Title Match: I liked it, its refreshing to see Kane as Champion in a diary, it really is, and he deserves it. He has been built up better than anyone else in this diary IMO, and he and Heyman are a great duo, oddly enough. Fantastic stuff!

Edge-Austin bit: I dont like it, sorry. Apparently Austin has already turned heel, which i didnt recognise, which wont work, because he turned on Edge, who is somebody on the cusp of leaving the midcard, and isnt over enough to warrant a major heel turn being done on him by the best ever. Austin would only work as a heel again if he turned on a REAL fan favourite, i doubt itll work unfortunately, because people wont boo Austin anymore IMO

WWE Title: I really enjoyed the write-up, and when i got to the Henry interference i marked out. And why? Well, its because this is the PERFECT time to try and get Mark Henry over. He won the Worlds Strongest Man contest, legitimately, which im sure you know, and i felt that if, in his 11 years in the WWE, the best time they shouldve tried to get him over was then. Looks like youre gonna try and do it, and i am 100% behind it, because i love it! I dunno how he's gonna insert himself in though, cos it doesnt look like Rock & Jericho are finished with each other yet!

Anyway, nice work dude, this PPV gets a B grade from me. Not much to let it down, but like i said, the Edge-Austin thing doesnt sit well with me unfortunately. KUTGW man!

rwlogo.jpg

SOMEBODY'S GON' GET THEIR ASS KICKED

Raw Results - April 8, 2002

We are live for Monday Night Raw as Jim Ross and Mick Foley welcome us to the latest edition of the Raw brand. The show starts with a recap of last night’s Backlash where The Rock retained the WWF Championship against Chris Jericho thanks to some timely interference by the “World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry. Just then they were interrupted by some new music as Mark Henry appears at the entrance to a chorus of boos from the crowd.

Making an Impact

Mark Henry climbs into the ring wearing his ring attire with sweat pouring down his head and his chest. He grabs the microphone and demands the crowd shut their mouths because he’s got something real important to say. He tells the WWF fans that over the past few weeks, the World Strongest Man has been something of a hot commodity and had been promised big things by both of the WWF brands. Henry says that when it came down to it, Henry decided to join Raw because he knew that with all the talent on Raw, it would be damn near impossible not to make a impact and that’s just what he did last night on Backlash. Henry says that last night on Backlash he destroyed Chris Jericho and proved to the entire world that he is the future of the World Wrestling Federation and no one can stop him.

Cue Chris Jericho’s music to a standing ovation from the crowd. Jericho comes down to the ring sporting some bandages around his ribs staring straight into the eyes of the World’s Strongest Man. Jericho climbs into the ring grabbing a mic and proceeds to clap. Jericho tells Henry that the reason he’s clapping is because he was just so darn impressed at how Mark Henry jumped him last night – he really showed just how talented he was. Then again, Jericho admits that jumping someone from behind probably is challenging for a man that can’t even walk from one place to the other without breaking a sweat. Henry is clearly pissed off and Henry and Jericho go toe to toe and look like they are just about to fight when…

The Rock’s music hits in the arena and the WWF Champion quickly makes his entrance mic already in hand. The Rock says that he can’t believe what he’s hearing because it sounds to him like Chris Jericho is bitching and moaning in the ring about losing his title opportunity. The Rock says that at the end of the day, Jericho lost and as he never had the title to start with, there are also no rematch clauses so that’s Jericho’s lot. Jericho reminds The Rock that while he didn’t win the match, The Rock hasn’t beaten him and so in all fairness, he still deserves a legitimate shot at that WWF Title. The Rock says there is no way but then Jerry Lawler’s music hits.

Jerry Lawler is not happy with what has been going down but nevertheless, something needs to be sorted. Lawler understands that on the one hand, Jericho has had his title opportunity but on the other hand, Jericho hasn’t had a legitimate shot. Therefore, Lawler suggests that the only real way that this can be sorted is by a Qualifying match tonight and that will be Chris Jericho versus the World’s Strongest Man Mark Henry. Lawler says that if Jericho can overcome the World’s Strongest Man, then Chris Jericho will get his title shot at WWF’s next Pay Per View outing, Judgement Day. The Rock tries to protest but Lawler has none of it. As the camera focuses on The Rock, the crowd explode and we shift back to the ring. Mark Henry has just attacked Jericho from behind!!! The crowd are furious with Mark Henry who poses in the middle of the ring while The Rock makes his way back up the ramp grinning from ear to ear. Can Jericho beat Mark Henry?

X-Pac and Ron Waterman vs. Jeff Hardy and Scotty 2 Hotty (For the World Tag Team Titles)

X-Pac and Ron Waterman make their first title defence against the Tag Team veterans Jeff Hardy and Scotty 2 Hotty. The tag champions looked impressive against their opponents isolating Scotty from his opponent while tagging well with one another keeping Scotty in their corner for a large portion of the match. When Scotty finally made the tag out, Jeff Hardy flew into the ring like a man possessed taking the fight to tag champions. Jeff threw Waterman out of the ring before planting X-Pac with the twist of fate. But just like at Backlash, the tag champions stopped their opponents from performing their top rope finisher Ron Waterman knocking Jeff Hardy off the turnbuckle with a wicked shot to the lower back before removing Scotty out of the action with a kick to the head. X-Pac meanwhile finished the job hitting Jeff Hardy with the X-Factor for the ……1….2……3 before celebrating in the ring with his partner while the crowd jeered him

Winners – Ron Waterman and X-Pac (and still World Tag Team Champions)

Maybe Next Week…

The scene changes to Jerry Lawler’s office and Lawler is chatting away with WWF diva Trish Stratus. Lawler tells Daffney that he has been impressed by Daffney’s “talents” over the past few weeks and since Daffney declined to be involved in Lingerie and Bikini Matches versus Trish, he has decided to search for some new female superstars to challenge for her Women’s Title. Key and Charles Wright all of a sudden enter shot and Wright tells Lawler that he was hoping that he could get a word with him. Lawler excuses himself from Daffney and asks what he wants. Wright says he wanted to know why his “boy”, the WWF Hardcore Champion Key is absent from this weeks card and Lawler says it’s simple. Right now, Lawler sees no place for hardcore wrestling on his show. Key and Wright are shocked at what Lawler has to say but Lawler has no time to discuss this issue telling them both that he’s got things to do and excuses himself. What will become of the WWF Hardcore Title?

Mr Perfect vs. Billy Kidman

WWF veteran Mr Perfect put in another stellar performance tonight as he easily defeated former Cruiserweight Champion Billy Kidman in short time. Kidman started the match off in a very aggressive approach but it wasn’t long before Mr Perfect fought back with some hard chops and his other trademark moves that fans have become accustomed too. Perfect ended the match with the rolling snap before planting Kidman with the Perfect-Plex for the…….1…..2……..3. Mr Perfect got back to his feet and celebrated in the ring but failed to notice the arrival of Raven who dropped him from behind with a vicious chair shot that dented the chair badly. Raven then threw the chair to the floor before hitting Perfect with the Raven Effect square onto it to the distaste of the audience. Raven has got is revenge!

Winner – Mr Perfect

Test vs. Spike Dudley

After a commercial break, we returned to in ring action with a squash match between Test and Spike Dudley. Spike probably should have stayed backstage for this one getting little to no offence in a match which Test dominated finishing it off with the big boot to the face for the 1……2……3. Test looked in a bad mood throughout the match got tremendous amount of heat from the crowd for his troubles.

Winner – Test

Get out of my Life

We go backstage once more to The Rock’s private locker room where he is messing around with one of his jackets when in walks The Rock’s cousin, Rikishi. The Kish is all smiles when he asks how The Rock is doing but The Rock’s disinterest in his cousin’s presence finally gets the better of him. Rikishi asks The Rock if everything’s okay but he knows something’s wrong but The Rock just sighs. When Kishi tries to interrogate him further, The Rock blows his top and goes into a rant about Rikishi. He tells the Phat Man that despite being blood related, The Rock wants to make it crystal clear that as far as he is concerned, the two of them are nothing. The Rock says that Rikishi is nothing but an overweight disgrace to their family. The Rock tells Rikishi that the best thing he could do right now is turn his sorry ass right around and get out of his locker room or better yet get out of his life all together. Rikishi looks gutted!

Rob Van Dam and Sabu vs. Lance Storm and Marc Mero

A great match between two teams who were intending to impress the Owner of the Raw brand but the crowd were only ever behind one team and that was RVD ad Sabu. Storm and Rob Van Dam started off the match and put on somewhat of a wrestling clinic with both wrestling countering each others moves time and time again. Mero became the difference maker in the match making the blind tag and dropped Van Dam to his knees taking control. Van Dam tried to fight back but the good team work between Mero and Storm was sufficient to keep RVD for a good deal of time. RVD would not be denied the tag however and when Mero missed a Shooting Star Press, RVD managed to get the tag and Sabu was finally allowed into the match. Sabu took the fight to both men knocking both down with forearm smashes before sending Lance Storm to the outside. Sabu dove against the ropes and drove Mero’s head into the back of the head with a leg drop before tagging in Van Dam as he climbed up top. Sabu took Storm out on the outside with a suicide dive as RVD hit the Five Star Frog Splash on Marc Mero to take the 1…….2…….3. RVD & Sabu win and the crowd love it!

Winners – Rob Van Dam and Sabu

I’m Still Breathing

After another short break, we turn to ringside and we see Jim Ross leave his announce position and head for the ring grabbing a mic on his way. JR recaps to Backlash on Sunday Night where Edge was attacked from behind by Stone Cold Steve Austin before Austin attempted to break his ankle by trapping his leg in a steel chair and stomping on it. JR calls out Edge who makes his way to the ring with his leg in a cast on crutches to a good pop from the crowd. Edge gets into the ring and is handed a mic by JR who has a genuine look of concern on his face as Edge tries to get comfortable in the ring. Edge tells the crowd that last night, Stone Cold Steve Austin crossed the line. Last night, Stone Cold took this little feud from a sneak attack during a match to a full blown out assault where he came to the ring with one intention and one intention only and that was to end his career. But Austin made a mistake because Austin didn’t get the job done. He says that he might be incapacitated but he’s not dead and when gets better he’s going to…..*Glass Shatters*

The crowd get on their feet to a chorus of boos as the Rattlesnake Stone Cold Steve Austin appears at the arena entrance with a sick look in his eyes. Austin takes no time in getting into the ring and circles both JR and Edge who both look extremely uncomfortable as Stone Cold has that sick look in his eyes. After a while, Austin stops and looks straight at Edge but before anything happens, JR jumps in the way and he begins to plead with the Rattlesnake. Stone Cold looks at the crowd and then looks at JR who continues to plead with Austin to leave Edge alone and Austin considers. Has JR got through? Austin looks like he’s caught between two minds and looks like he could but then begins to turn around but then he hits JR with a stunner! Austin just hit his good buddy JR with a stunner! Austin begins to stomp a mud hole in his buddy when Edge tries to stop him with a crutch shot to the back of the Rattlesnake but that just makes him even madder and he grabs hold of the crutch with Edge’s second shot. Austin quickly disposes of all of Edge’s support and Edge falls to the ground struggling. Austin stands over the fallen Superstar like a predator stalking his prey and without any remorse begins to stomp away on Edge’s injured ankle. Austin breaks off his cast and continues to stomp away on it screaming with agony before leaving the ring and grabbing a steel chair. Just like he did at Backlash, Austin returns to the ring and beats away on Edge with the chair before putting that same ankle he hurt just one night ago back in the chair and going up top! No Austin! No! Not Again! Austin dives with a double stomp off the top rope onto Edge’s damn Ankle! Austin is a sick human being! The crowd boo like crazy as Austin stands over his victim while EMTs run to the scene, Austin smiling his sick smile.

Chris Jericho vs. Mark Henry

Great match that really saw the crowd behind Chris Jericho who really came out fighting, taking it to the World’s Strongest Man ducking and diving away from any shot that came his way from his opponent. But despite all the aggression from Y2J, he was unable to take Henry off his feet and he just stood there taking it all in but Jericho finally got caught with a huge clothesline for his trouble. Henry was an unforgiving animal that seemed to enjoy beating down on his opponent slamming him hard time and time again before sending him in the corner only to crush him a running full body block. Jericho tried to fight back but every time he got any offensive, Henry was right there to stop it even resorting to kicks to the head to slow him down and Jericho had to escape to the outside. Henry chased by Jericho was faster and Jericho smartly returned to the ring and got the advantage on Henry attacking him as he slid back in the ring. Jericho connected with a drop kick and Henry went down but it wasn’t enough to get the three but Jericho continued. Jericho went up top and he hit another drop kick but Henry is still not down so Jericho goes back up again. This time, Jericho goes for a leg drop to the back of the head. Henry goes face first into the mat! Mark Henry is in trouble here. Jericho drags Mark Henry closer into the middle of the ring and he locks in the Walls of Jericho! Will Henry tap? Wait the WWF Champion is approaching the ring and he gets onto the apron. Jericho lets go of the Walls of Jericho and goes straight for The Rock but he misses with the clothesline and The Rock hangs him on the top rope and then Mark Henry charges into him with another running body block! The referee rings the bell but that does stop either The Rock or Mark Henry. Henry lifts up Jericho and here comes the World’s Strongest Slam (Falling Powerslam). Henry is decimating Jericho! Now The Rock is throwing away his arm band! You know what that means…but wait! Here comes the cavalry and it’s the form of Rikishi. The Kish slides into the ring and he sends punches to both The Rock and Henry. Rikishi hits Mark Henry with the Savate Kick and Henry gets knocked backwards into the corner of the ring. Rikishi then hits The Rock with a belly to belly suplex but Mark Henry is back on him with another running body block. The Rock is not done with Rikishi either and he gets a Rockbottom for his troubles. The WWF Champion and Mark Henry have just dominated two of Raw’s biggest athletes. Can anyone stop them?

Winner – Chris Jericho by DQ

OOC: I hope you all enjoyed the show! Feedback appreciated as always! :)