Reccomend Me Music Thread

Tarheels.

Ok, I'm looking for some new music to listen to. I'm open to anything really aside from death metal, the hardest stuff I really listen to is Trivium. All rock though, my top 25 songs on iTunes if it helps is:

'Me And The Moon' by Something Corporate

'Torture Me' by Red Hot Chili Peppers

'Skeptics and True Believers' The Academy Is...

'Hands Down' by Dashboard Confessional

'Chasing Cars' by Snow Patrol

'I Woke Up In A Car' by Something Corporate

'Black Mamba' by The Academy Is...

'Do It Alone' by Sugarcult

'A Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation' by Trivium

'Master Of Puppets' by Trivium

'Sam's Town' by The Killers

'Astro Zombies' by The Misfits

'Make You Feel Better' by Red Hot Chili Peppers

'Damn Regret' by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

'Chocolate' by Snow Patrol

'The Kill' by 30 Seconds To Mars

'Slow Down' by The Academy Is...

'Only Ashes' by Something Corporate

'Memory' by Sugarcult

'The Fantasy' by 30 Seconds To Mars

'Welcome Home' by Coheed & Cambria

'Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)' by Coheed & Cambria

'When You Were Young' by The Killers

'Who Watches The Watchmen?' by The Prize Fighter Inferno

'Suck My Kiss' Red Hot Chili Peppers

The Headlights

Jack's Mannequin (Lead singer from Something Corporate's side project...similar stuff...only better IMO)

Death Cab For Cutie

The Decemberists

FREAK KITCHEN!!!!

The Fray

Strung Out

Plain White T's

Get Up Kids

That'll do...... :shifty:

Listen to Avenged Sevenfold, anything from 'City of Evil' or 'Waking The Fallen' two very different albums, but both very good non the less.

City Of Evil is very singy and old school rock, but with a modern edge to it. Think a heavier G&R, but not so old sounding.

Waking The Fallen is heavier, and has screaming as well as singing, not sure if you like that kinda thing, but ya sed you listen to Trivium so I guess so.

Also the new Papa Roach album is great fun, and don't be put off by the 'nu-metal label' they have, 'cos theres nothin 'nu-metal' about it :P Kinda like good old rock/metal.

Trivium's new album is brilliant, and despite what you may have ehard, is NOT a Metallica rip off.... quite different to 'Ascendancy' though.

The Headlights

Jack's Mannequin (Lead singer from Something Corporate's side project...similar stuff...only better IMO)

Death Cab For Cutie

The Decemberists

FREAK KITCHEN!!!!

The Fray

Strung Out

Plain White T's

Get Up Kids

That'll do...... :shifty:

Edited by Krentist The Dentist

I'm going to do you a favour and introduce you to the greatest band on the planet:

savatage1.JPG

Anyone into intricate, intelligent and progressive heavy metal, check out these promo videos on youtube:

One Child

Handful of Rain

Gutter Ballet

Edge of Thorns

Gutter Ballet (Live '98)

Hall of the Mountain King

savatagemy9.gif

Enjoy.

Like in all music recommendation threads, I recommend the japanese rock/rap/metal/electronica/western band Dragon Ash. I believe that Dragon Ash is one of the most versatile bands on earth. I've never seen a band who have attempted and succeeded at so many different styles and tones. From punk rock to hip hop to electronica to metal and combinations of all. From fast and heavy punk and rap-metal to the most beautiful and calming songs I've ever heard in my life.

The closest thing to an accurate description of the band I can think of is- Imagine if the Beastie Boys were much much better at punk rock music, and instead of evolving into almost pure hiphop, they combined the two, then added more electronic elements, then went through a westernish phase. Imagine if Linkin Park didn't suck. Then you'd have something along the lines of the pure unfettered awesomeness of Dragon Ash.

Can't go wrong with Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor

2nded

Graves 4 Cloudy?

Keeping in mind I won't even acknowledge Graves era Misfits. Solo Graves or Gotham Road plz.

I'm going to do you a favour and introduce you to the greatest band on the planet:

savatage1.JPG

Anyone into intricate, intelligent and progressive heavy metal, check out these promo videos on youtube:

One Child

Handful of Rain

Gutter Ballet

Edge of Thorns

Gutter Ballet (Live '98)

Hall of the Mountain King

savatagemy9.gif

Enjoy.