Angel Thread

triplexpac

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Angel not losing his soul during sex nowadays... when he had sex with Darla, he said it wasn't true happiness.  He had sex with her because he was full of despair, or something like that. 

I'm not sure who else he's had sex with since then... I remember he had sex with Cordy in his dream, as he was losing his soul, but I guess that doesn't count.  The latest episode made it fairly clear that he and Nina had sex, but he's still soul-ful. 

Angels perfect happiness is a bit of a fuzzy issue.

I would expect Angel to turn into Angelus if Angel & Cordy meet that night at the beach when he was put into the box and in the ocean. Since Angel always wanted to be with Cordy and all. But alas, maybe that isn't perfect happiness.

I'm sad to see Angel go. I only started watching new Angel episodes this week, before that I was watching the re-runs on TNT. First episode I saw was when Wesley came into town in Season 1/Season 2 (I forget). But there has been talk of an Angel mini-series and/or movie on the WB in the future, so that sorta calms my nerves.

I always have the Box Sets though.

Any reasons why?  Just curious as to your reasoning.

Something about Jasmine never sat right with me, and Connor was an outright annoying character. Season Two had far more enjoyable moments, right down to the Lindsey "Evil Hand" rant (CHARLIE!). Season Five, in my opinion, hasn't had a truly uninteresting episode yet, though Harm's Way came close, and the Illyria stuff completely owns both Willow and Cordy's evil stints.

As for season three as opposed to season two, I dunno. Both were great, but Season Three was when the writing was at its absolute peak for Buffy. The characters all brought something to the table, the dialogue was magnificent, and even the most useless episodes had great moments here and there, which S2 couldn't do all of the time.

And I'll say it; as cool as Angelus is, the Mayor is just as cool because he's such unconventional evil and he makes it work perfectly. Not to mention the fact that Faith > Kendra.

I would expect Angel to turn into Angelus if Angel & Cordy meet that night at the beach when he was put into the box and in the ocean. Since Angel always wanted to be with Cordy and all. But alas, maybe that isn't perfect happiness.

No. I don't think so. The end of Awaking, where it was Angel's fantasy to get perfect happiness, he slept with Cordelia...but he mentioned Buffy before his soul was removed. It has to be Buffy. Along with the other ways to remove his soul, it's Buffy that's the perfect happiness trigger.

I have disagree with all yall. Adam was the coolest thing to ever hit the Buffy universe. Everything he did was cool, and he looked cool as hell. Ive forgotten what season that was tho when he was the main bad guy.

4?

Even though this seaso nahs been great.. Weve never really had a real bad guy. And Turning Gunn evil would have been 10x cooler

Adam? Meh. Only the First was a less cool big bad than Adam. He was only there as a replacement for Walsh because she had theatre commitments so she could only make a couple appearances and not have a full role.

I have disagree with all yall. Adam was the coolest thing to ever hit the Buffy universe. Everything he did was cool, and he looked cool as hell. Ive forgotten what season that was tho when he was the main bad guy.

4?

Five words why Season Four of Buffy was the weakest.

Marc Blucas as Riley Finn.

The guy was crap, couldn't act and was boring as hell. Sure, Angel was hard to follow - and at least in Season Five he started to show come skills as an actor (James Marsters gave him something to work with IMO). But still. Marc Blucas killed Season Four.

And Living Conditions.

And Beer Bad (I so hate that episode.)

In my opinion the only true real good seasons of Buffy are 2 and 3, 1 didn't have anything too exciting happen, 4 was crap except for the what two episodes with Faith and the stuff with Oz.... Season 5,6,7 were pretty shitty with like 3-4 good episodes....

Glory from season 5 was pretty cool though..... Oh and season 7 was fun seeing Xander get his eye messed up and seeing Spike beat the shit out of the principal....

Also Angelus owns Spike.... :D

Buddy? What show are you on about? :-p

I thought Season Six was great, it was just the stupid Willow/Tara shippers that went all Daniel Jackson after Tara died. Although the Spike attempted rape of Buffy was the most difficult scene to watch, ever.

Season Six was dark, it was grown up. It was technically as dark as Angel was in Season Four. Season Six was Buffy for adults.

The problem with Season Six was that first off, Buffy became completely and totally unlikable. in my opinion, which is understandable considering her resurrection and all, but still irksome.

Secondly, could they have possibly layed the "Drugs are bad." subtext on any thicker?

All S6 REALLY has going for it is the Troika and the fact that the Dark Willow stuff WAS pretty cool, especially the Willow/Giles fight.