2006/07 NBA Thread

JStarr

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric Snow is like, Goldberg from the Mighty Ducks. He kinda sucks, he ain't anybody's favorite, but can come through in some damn clutch moments.
His defense is key for the Cavs to win. They need him to stick Billups... hard.

And yeah they are making this interesting. I wish they would've saved that t.o. but then again it is somewhat understandable why they called it then, they relied on defense.

BTW, wasn't that step-back fade nasty by LeBron? Nobody can say he's not finishing late, he's proving to be there when they need him, much unlike game 1 and 2.

Doesn't it look like Illgauskas is just hobbling down the court? And what's up with Pavlovic? How many shots is he gonna miss before he realizes somebody else needs to be taking shots? (excluding LBJ of course) That 3 ball by LeBron James right there..... Scored 27 of the Cavs last 28, somebody else make a shot!!! Most effort put in by a player all of playoffs though, maybe all season. Great game so far for sure.

Cleveland should petition the league to get their name changed to the Cleveland Lebron James and Four Other Guys. Absolutely disgusting performance, he hit every shot in the book and then created a few more for fun. Really hoping he gets to the Finals because the league really needs him to be a huge success ala Jordan.

That was one of the best Playoff performance that i have seen considering what he did from most of the forth quarter on it defiantly ranks up there. I am just glad that this will silence some of the people that said he wasnt clutch, he just packed that game full of clutch.

I'm not going to say it's over, but I will say that if Cleveland finishes Detroit, then I hope Cleveland goes on to win the championship. I'm not a fan of Cleveland at all, but the thought of Ginobili and Parker being champs again makes me sick, christ do I hate those two.

And Lebron? Fuck. He's 22 and he is this good? Fuck. I have a funny feeling that even if this isn't his year, that he'll be wearing a few rings when all is said and done for his career. Still, there's no excuse for the Pistons letting Lebron score the Cavs final 25 points. It tells you something about the Pistons defense and how it has seemingly fallen off since Flip took over. My guess is that we wont be seeing Flip Saunders in Detroit next year, unless the Pistons beat the odds and win it all. And to be honest, I think Chauncey could be right behind.

Great performance by LeBron, simply amazing. The coaching in this series is just amazingly bad though. It's like both teams just want to make it harder on themselves. Detroit doesn't make any changes to try and stop LeBron or even force the ball out of his hands except for a half-hearted double every once in a while and the Cavs wasted that timeout and didn't seem to run any plays except, as Simmons put it, "Heave 22". LeBron gets a screen so he can most likely get double teamed, then heaves up a difficult shot and if he's feeling it like he was tonight, it goes in.

Still, I'm rooting for the Cavs, especially since it makes it more likely for Chauncy to leave the Pistons if the Cavs get past the Pistons.