Worst Red Hot Chili Pepper Album?

Face Turn!~

I've always said I prefer the newer stuff to the older stuff, but I'm also in the majority who see BSSM as the best.

It tempered in their funk from the first albums whilst still maintaining it and just showed a better, more rounded ability with their songs. Excellence.

Funk music = George Clinton & Parliament, Earth Wind & Fire, James Brown, Tower Of Power, The Ohio Players, The Average White Band, The Brides Of Funkenstein, Sly & The Family Stone and Kool & The Gang etc. Finding 'pure' funk is very difficult, as it's often entangled into some R&B (Blues...not bass...when did it stop being blues?), disco, soul or metal (As is the case with early RHCP) hybrid. But then again, it's difficult finding 'pure' anything. George Clinton & Parliament-Funkadelic and James Brown are probably the best example of funk music IMO.

In order to describe the funk, it's difficult, as for me, when I hear funk, I know what it is. Thick, groovy bass lines, not neccissarilly a slap bass, but fairly often yes. Also the vocals are often somewhat 'yelled', not in a hardcore-metal kind of way...in a ....black...kind of way. :shifty: Disco-funk is a little different, it's more up tempo, it's normally the kind of shit they'll play at wedding receptions. :shifty:

Modern examples venture further away from 'pure' funk. There's funk metal artists like Primus, Les Claypool (Solo stuff), Faith No More, RHCP etc. Early Jamiroquai and Incognito are both fairly funk influenced. Newer Jamiroquai still is, but they've transformed into a more disco/dance orientated band (circa "Funk Odyssey"/"Synkronized") and a borderline 'rock' band (circa. "Dynamite")

That being said, you can still find good, groovy, 'pure' funk. I remember one night about a year ago, looking for Eastern European bands, and stumbled across prog-rock/power metal band called "Tornado"...who were absolutely SHITE!!! Seriously, the song I had was most certainly a candidate for worst song ever. But from this, a purevolume search (I think) caused me to stumble across Pork Tornado. Who, besides ahving a cool name, play a fairly 'old school' funk sound.

One Hot Minute and the S/T are probably equally as bad, IMO.

Navarro could never match up to Frusciante or Slovak, and RHCP was recorded at a stupid time - albeit one that couldn't be helped.

Therefore, they're the worst, IMO.

Funk music = George Clinton & Parliament, Earth Wind & Fire, James Brown, Tower Of Power, The Ohio Players, The Average White Band, The Brides Of Funkenstein, Sly & The Family Stone and Kool & The Gang etc. Finding 'pure' funk is very difficult, as it's often entangled into some R&B (Blues...not bass...when did it stop being blues?), disco, soul or metal (As is the case with early RHCP) hybrid. But then again, it's difficult finding 'pure' anything. George Clinton & Parliament-Funkadelic and James Brown are probably the best example of funk music IMO.

Edited by Face Turn!~

EDIT: Bah fuck it, im a retard. Ignore.

EDIT: Bah fuck it, im a retard. Ignore.