Girlfriends/partners and computer games?

Liam

Guest StylesClash86

I knew of a couple woman my senior year in high school who loved to play PS2, and one was actually very good at Madden. She wouldplay online on the PS2 with a headset and demoralize guys. It was so funny.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend and myself play video games all the time, usually on my 360. Usually she just likes watching while I play Saints Row or Dead Rising, but other times we play Marvel: UA, DOA:4 or Gears of War (the latter being the one we play most).

Also, when we're at her house, Super Smash Bros. Melee FTW.

EDIT: Hell, and how could I forget Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari.

Edited by Jack Krauser III

My girlfriend isn't massively into games. She enjoys Buzz (especially the Jungle Junior party one) and the cutesy games on N64 like Snowboard Kids, but that's about it. Oh, she is really good at the Katamari games, she'll play that for hours on end. Has a weird way of holding the N64 controller though, press the buttons with her right hand, but holds the controller and uses the control stick with her left (so her hands are crossed over).

Recently she's started watching me play Bully/Canus Canem Edit, which is weird. Maybe it's because I've been making Jimmy run around in Y-Fronts and a vest with the red ninja mask on and big worker boots pelting geeks with marbles and stink bombs.

I pissed off my girlfriend by spending far too much time on Football Manager. Her response was to beat me to the computer and spend an eternity on Theme Hospital.

Then it crashed because it was a second hand 99p copy of the game, and whilst in mourning she discovered my copy of The Sims from many many years ago.

After she decided to buy loads of add on packs (I dare not tell her there's a Sims 2), I am setting up another PC - to do my billions of online tasks and duties without being asked what I think of her garden.

None of my ex-girlfriends have been big into games at all...one of them used to play Medievil a bit before I went out with her, which was brilliant, because I'd been racking my brain to remember the name of that game for months >_>

For the most part, though, none of them have been remotely interested. Although a girl I almost got with earlier this year used to be unstoppable on Puzzle Bobble 2. She could even beat my Mum, which no one had ever done before >_<

If I meet a girl who likes We Love Katamari as much as I do, I'm marrying her. I've decided. Prior to that, you could replace "We Love Katamari" with either "Transformers: The Movie" or "Tom Waits". I've upped the stakes now.

Edited by Skumfrog

"Transformers: The Movie"

My girlfriend is fucking obsessed. >_>

I taught her how to play Disgaea the other day. She seemed to manage well enough but still prefers to watch me play so that she can read during battles and stick her head up for the humour and plot bits. In the mean time, I dug out Ridge Racer Type 4 (which I LOVE, bless its PS1 graphics) and whooped her at it. A shame really, because I'm still looking for a multiplayer game that she a) likes and b) is a match enough for me to keep her interested in playing, other than Soul Calibur 3.