Girlfriends/partners and computer games?

Liam

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe by level 5 or 6, but level 2? Lame.

Level 2's the stampede and shit aint it? :shifty:

Nah, it's the 'Can't Wait To Be King' level.

Aside from a suspicious tendency to die from colliding with thin air if you don't get a double jump (off the ostrich) JUST right, it's hardly what I'd call challenging.

Guest Grapehead

Speaking of which, is the attribute growth of your players monitored anywhere?

Also, a little pre-emptive draft tip: Luke Curtin is NEVER drafted, and I'm pretty sure Ville Leino (a Swede, and also a rookie) doesn't get drafted either. Leino can fill in at third line immediately, as can Curtin, but put Leino in the AHL or ECHL for a season and laugh as he tears shit up.

I've known several female video gamers in my life. And all of them were married/had boyfriends when I met them. <_<

Of course they were...good women ARE hard to find.

My girl never really tried games until she met me, and she wanted to try some one night, so I broke out Burnout 3. She loved smashing everything to hell. Other than that, she's not keen on anything else I've got...gamewise, you perverts. :pervert:

However, I have a friend who's in the Air Force, stationed in Arkansas, and his wife is essentially a house slave. No job, no license, nothing. All she does is play whatever PS2 RPG is hot at the moment (he told me they finished Valkyrie Profile 2 in, like, four days) and they used to be constant on a series of MMORPGs. DAoC, FFXI, City of Heroes/Villains, etc. She's more rabid than he is...and that's something. Of course, she has less than no social skills (I've known the woman for almost eight years, and she's yet to speak directly to me), thereby reinforcing every gamer stereotype going. Meh.

My wife is pretty into Mario Kart, Tetris-type games, Monkey Ball, and Battlefront (one of these things is not like the other...). She's willing to play pretty much anything though (Call of Duty 2, various Marvel games, etc.), but that's usually only when we are at someone else's place and she's not wild about a lot fo shooting games. We don't have a lot of games, so we usually just stick to those mentioned above. I think this weekend we are stopping by the used game place and picking up some stuff for us though, so hopefully we can add to the collection.

I love girls who play video games. LOVE.

I actually met one through Xbox Live...not as freaky as it sounds. And she was hot, short and Swedish, so it was great.

We still meet up from time to time. She's a complete cunt when she's on her period though. <_<

Just like T ain't got time for jibba jabba I ain't got time for gettin' laid. I have two perfectly fine hands.

Although I will say that every girlfriend my friends have had sucks at gaming and just button mashes through everything.

Just like T ain't got time for jibba jabba I ain't got time for gettin' laid. I have two perfectly fine hands.

Although I will say that every girlfriend my friends have had sucks at gaming and just button mashes through everything.

Nowt wrong with that, I'd say...it's just when they start winning that I get perturbed.

And at least you won't get cheated on by your hands, eh, Cloudy? (Y)

My ex was into her PSOne a lot, specially into the Tomb Raider, Syphon Filter and James Bond games. She almost cried when I lend her my N64 so she could play GoldenEye, which was the only Bond game she have not played. For some reason she was also very into that Xena: Warrior Princess game for the PSOne, although I admit it was pretty decent. After her none of the girls I meet(with intentions of being something more than friends) like games.

My best friend's cousin loves Neverwinter Nights and both Diablo games and we usually party together online. She also went bananas for Civ IV when I lend it to her and became a micro-management freak(those who spend half an hour each turn looking at every small number or stat change).

His mom also became a freak for The Sims and has all games and expansions. Also almost got fired for playing at work. She was obsessed I tell ya!

Another girl I knew was very into her N64 and loved Super Mario 64 and the Banjo series. I also have a friend who has like 20 PSP games and carries the thing everywhere. We make fun of her in the University because she never hangs out in her free periods and just goes somewhere quiet....to play Fight Night Round 3 of all things.

Girly girls love Mario 3 on the NES. That's pretty much fact.

Other girls like, I dunno. Where would you meet a girl who liked games and wrestling? Answer that and you're a better man than me...

EVERYONE loves Mario 3. It is just that awesome.

And it's relatively easy to find a gaming girl. You can 'corrupt' them into liking wrestling later. I did. :pervert:

My wife plays Eyetoy, dancemat and Buzz! Oh and every now and again Athens 2004.

She's played Smackdown once (at Christmas a few years ago) and that's it. She's not interested, but fair enough. We've got other things we can do together to pass time (and I don't just mean 'that').

I pissed off my girlfriend by spending far too much time on Football Manager. Her response was to beat me to the computer and spend an eternity on Theme Hospital.

Then it crashed because it was a second hand 99p copy of the game, and whilst in mourning she discovered my copy of The Sims from many many years ago.

After she decided to buy loads of add on packs (I dare not tell her there's a Sims 2), I am setting up another PC - to do my billions of online tasks and duties without being asked what I think of her garden.