Final Fantasy XII

Riceman 4K

I'm not even sure what these berry things are that people refer to. :shifty:

Where did you buy them from?

You don't buy 'em. As best I can remember when you're about halfway through the desert, one of those Yensa things will be talking to a Moogle asking him for help. Go talk to the Moogle to see what's up, and he'll tell you about a big turtle thing that's eating the sand-people. After that I think you have to run after the Yensa guy for a while before you can go kill that turtle thing. Anyway, you'll get the berries at the end of this little sidequest. Use 'em on the bird and it should be a breeze.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll need to go to the screen east of the moogle though and run up the little tower, thus triggering the cutscene where little desert man goes back to meet moogle. Then go to said Moogle for the berries.

I killed White Mousse, Mind Flayer and the Wyrm in the Westersand last night, didn't know there were Rank VII hunts. zOMFG, as some may say.

:shifty:

You'll need to go to the screen east of the moogle though and run up the little tower, thus triggering the cutscene where little desert man goes back to meet moogle. Then go to said Moogle for the berries.

I killed White Mousse, Mind Flayer and the Wyrm in the Westersand last night, didn't know there were Rank VII hunts. zOMFG, as some may say.

:shifty:

I tried White Mousse just after getting Dawn Shard without updating equipment and used most my abilities and HP up fighting fucking Marlboro Overkings. I didn't realise it was a huge rank jump until I checked after losing.

I'm pretty sure my levels are way too low. I'm about 31-33 for all six, and just about to enter the Phon(sp?) Coast, just have the Silkawood.

I also found one of the hidden Espers, got slaughtered after getting it down to 50% hp.

Just a little question, a little pointer would be nice. Im not to far into the game. At the bit where I'm just about to go after the headhunters and rescue Penello from the mines that are under the floating city.

What kinda level does my party need to be at? They're all at around 10, is that enough or am I goign to get my proverbial arse kicked?

Balthier is so badass, I'd probably do anything he told me to.

Hmm I may have to go and do a hunt or two. Saying that the ones available to me right now are the Giant Cactoid (I think its called) and the ghost in the waterways (the name escapes me, tip of the tongue you know). The ghost totally owned me, so I'll try the Ccactiod thingy. If that fails guess I'll just have to slaughter tons of wolves, cocktrices and the strange man shaped owl type things. Yes my memory for names sucks tonight.

Also I don't know if anyone has tried, but are all the areas I've been in so far re accessible? Ie the Waterway (big part) or the Dungeon?

I tried wandering back into the Waterway and was glad I took the sensible precaution of having Libra equipped, because I nearly tripped over some Lv 40 goons.

I backed out of there at high velocity.

Edited by stokeriño

Ouch, I must say Libra is a godsend in this game. I tell you now.. the amount of times I woulda tried to fight an ememy cos they 'look cool' and woulda been killed. EG the big bad ass Level 30 T-Rex. Libra makes me sensible.

I took those guys on in the waterway today while hunting Orthos. I hate Bad Breath is all that needs to be said. Not so much that an Esuna can't get rid of it, its that it leaves slow on your people too. Never did find that little squid geezer. I also tried to fight Antlion, didn't even get to him because the standard monsters in the mines beat the shit out of me. Those headless things.

On a side note, those Garif guys look so badass, then come crying for help as soon as a more than averagely tough monster appears.

I was around Lv 12 when I went down the mines. The skeletons might overwhelm you a bit at Lv 10.

Oh, and when Balthier tells you to run: RUN.

Or, if you level up nicely, get a few quickenings and use them on them. Decent LP and XP.

From my experience, all they really have to steal are Tyrant Hides, or something like that. Worth between 500-1000, not sure exactly.

But, if you want to make some cash, go to the Silkawood, equip Theif Gloves, and steal from the friendly bunny thingy (not sure what they are called). There is a chance to steal Stardust, which is worth 1500 gil per unit. You can also get a katana from them worth a few thousand.

Ouch, I must say Libra is a godsend in this game. I tell you now.. the amount of times I woulda tried to fight an ememy cos they 'look cool' and woulda been killed. EG the big bad ass Level 30 T-Rex. Libra makes me sensible.

When I first started I saw his level and still tried my luck stealing from him >_>

Cid (the second time round) can kiss my ass. Not because I lost to him (because I didn't), but because I went into the battle after just using all of my MP against Judge Gabranth (who is completely badass btw).

Now, that's okay, I have some elixirs and shit right, wrong.

But that's fine, you can beat him without Quickenings or even the need to heal right, cause you've got 80 Hi-Potions and 20 X-Potions to see you through, as well as 40 Phoenix Downs. Well, all would be good if he didn't decide to become immune to all attacks and summon an Esper.

I left the battle with 0 of each of the above and in the ending phases of the battle, I had to rely on Potions >_>. Needless to say, Balthier was using them a lot.

Anyone got any tips for the battle just before you bust Ashe out on the Dreadnaught Leviathan? I assume your supposed to attack the Judges first cos Basch (I think) says attack the leaders, and the rest will fall. But I tried that, managed to almost kill one judge, but ultimatly had my ass handed to me.