Your top albums of 2006 so far?

apsham

Guest Ringo Masterson

13. Boris – Pink

I like this. It’s heavy but it can still slip into the background when necessary. Good mellowishly heavy music.

Never saw this coming so high for you, Ringo.

Edited by Ringo Masterson

Errm, mine goes more towards the heavier, droney aspect of what they do, rather than the other bits. "Pink" is their "most commercial" sounding album apparently, so whilst you like that, you may not like what I list.

Check out Sunn 0))) and Boris's joint CD "Altar" that was released a week or so ago and also check out Earth's "Hex: Or Printing In The Eternal Method". As I said, more droney than anything...I think Boris are the only band that do what they do, really.

Allmusic.com lists these:

* Sunn 0)))

* Wolfmother

* Ocean

* Ocean

* Om

* Grief

* Corrupted

* Khanate

* Sleep

* Fudge Tunnel

* Thrones

Though the fact that they have Wolfmother makes the list not exactly 100% reliable >_>

Edited by Liam Byrne

01. Deftones' Saturday Night Wrist

02. Daft Punk's Coachella 2006 :shifty:

03. Blue October's Foiled

04. Three Days Grace's One-X

05. Gorgoroth's Ad Majorem Satanhas Gloriam

06. I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness' Fear Is On Our Side

07. Sahg's I

08. The Mars Volta's Amputechture

09. Sunn O))) & Boris' Altar

10. Amon Amarth's With Oden On Our Side

It seems like various types of metal bands have dominated my ears this year, with some prog, radio rock, alt. rock and electronic bands sprinkled in.

Errm, mine goes more towards the heavier, droney aspect of what they do, rather than the other bits. "Pink" is their "most commercial" sounding album apparently, so whilst you like that, you may not like what I list.

Check out Sunn 0))) and Boris's joint CD "Altar" that was released a week or so ago and also check out Earth's "Hex: Or Printing In The Eternal Method". As I said, more droney than anything...I think Boris are the only band that do what they do, really.

Allmusic.com lists these:

* Sunn 0)))

* Wolfmother

* Ocean

* Ocean

* Om

* Grief

* Corrupted

* Khanate

* Sleep

* Fudge Tunnel

* Thrones

Edited by Bushmeister

I'd guess Neurosis, Isis and Cult Of Luna might go a bit too far into "screamy" stuff that Ringy doesn't overly like, the vocals at least. I'd recommend Red Sparowes and Pelican though.

And also, I don't find Sunn 0)))'s music that "bad", as I think it works well for background music.