Your top albums of 2006 so far?

apsham

After thinking about it for a few days after the 'Black Parade' thread I got to thinking about the albums that have been released in the year so far, and put together the following list of my favorites so far from the year... from top to bottom I suppose. Interested in knowing what other people are thinking as I feel there has been a lot from many different genres this year that's about ten times better than what has been coming out in recent years:

1. "Coming Home" New Found Glory

I'll admit that I am a New Found Glory fan from the old school.. and I am talking years back. I still feel though that this is probably one of their best efforts to date. I know it might be a bit oversaid, but I'm enjoying when the bands that I listened to in my younger teen years decide to mature their music, I guess it just makes it easier for me to connect to the stuff you could say. I seriously can't pick a track off here that I don't like though. Blame it on my fanship if you want to, but I'd say this is definatly solid.

Favorite tracks: "Hold My Hand"/"Oxygen"/"Boulders"

2. "Dog Problems" The Format

This was a giant breath of fresh air for me, I will say that much. From the signature voice to the style of music, it's kind of throwback but modernized. This is another album that I find hard to pick out a flaw, but if I had to pick one.. I would say that choosing to re-record 'Snails' would be it. Otherwise, a solid album. I'd also like to say that I like the layout of the Format, just two guys and for live shows.. a backing band. I know there's probably lots of them out there, but this is the first time I've really got into one. Ace lyrics as well.

Favorites tracks: "She Doesn't Get It"/"Snails"/"Dog Problems"

3. "Define The Great Line" underOATH

All I could say when I first say down to listen to this was... wow. I was never much into them, even after 'They're Only Chasing Safety' (and only now I am finding out how great of an album that was). I first heard it in a friends car as we went out on a Wendy's run late one night, and we got into it so much we drove around until the CD had played though one and a half times. The music is so well crafted, and say what you will about screaming\yelling, I think this CD proves that it does take a certain amount of talent.

Favorite tracks: "There Could Be Nothing After This"/"In Regards To Myself"/"You're Ever So Inviting"

4. "Crisis" Alexisonfire

I wasn't really expecting much after Dalla's endeavour into City And Colour, but after hearing "This Could Be Anywhere In The World" I was hooked on the new CD and I listened to it non-stop while visiting a few friends a couple of weeks ago. Everything and I mean everything has improved. The new drummer is far better than the previous guy... George's screaming has improved greatly and Dallas's vocals are even better after City And Colour I suppose so... it's all good.

Favorite tracks: "This Could Be Anywhere In The World"/"Boiled Frogs"/"Crisis"

5. "Mutiny!" Set Your Goals

Fucking talk about sing alongs, this band has so many gang vocal parts that it's crazy. It's put together real well too, and their message isn't exactly fresh (booo record labels!) but they do it well, and they put forward a pretty good concept with this album. It's the perfect party\drinking music too.

Favorite tracks: "Dead Men Tell No Tales" followed by" Mutiny!"/"An Old Book Misread"

6. "In It To Win It" 16th Avenue

7. "Young Machetes" The Blood Brothers

8. "When Your Heart Stops Beating" (+44)

9. "The Red Tree" Moneen

10. "Still Searching" Senses Fail

11. "Better Than Knowing Where You Are" Spitalfield

12. "ZOMBIES! ALIENS! VAMPIRES! DINOSAURS!" Hellogoodbye

13. "As Cruel As School Children" Gym Class Heroes

14. "The Hardest Way To Make A Living" The Streets

15. "Count Yourself In" Ten Second Epic

So far I've only bought four albums all year. The others I've heard/samples haven't been worth the purchase, in my opinion. So either it hasn't been a very good year, or I've been missing out on stuff.

The ones I did get

Queensrÿche - Operation: Mindcrime 2

Blind Guardian - A Twist in the Myth

Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death

Circle II Circle - The Burden of Truth

Guardian and Maiden would have probably cracked my top ten of 2005. Queensrÿche sold me on Mindcrime 2 with their original 1988 classic (and Dio as a special guest), but I wouldn't rate it that highly. Circle II Circle I'm still in the process of digesting. Concept albums tend to take their time. Either way, I don't know - often times it actually takes me over a year to even think of ranking different releases.

I think the only albums I have from this year are "Citrus" by Asobi Seksu and "Wild Peace" by the Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra. Um, yeah. But even if I fail at having a lot of albums from this year, at least they're two fucking awesome albums.

1) Songbird - Willie Nelson

This album is just released. I bought it the other day and it is instantly fantastic. It's all covers and all kinds of awesome.

2) American V- Johnny Cash

I had been waiting for this album for 3 years and it didn't fail.

3) Modern Times - Bob Dylan

The more I listen to this the more I love it. I believe Dylan isn't one of the greatest songwriters of all time because the songs he writes are really outside of time. He exists in his own seperate reality and when he lets you in it envelopes you.

4)12 Gardens - Billy Joel

A live album. I didn't know what to expect from Billy Joel after so many years but I was entertained from start to finish by songs I knew well and songs I'd never heard. I'd love for him to record a studio album of new (non-classical) stuff.

5) Surpise - Paul Simon

I never expected to like this album as much as I did. I couldn't stop listening to it for a couple of weeks during the summer. It has the mark of a good album for me in that it draws you in with the opening song (How Can You Live In the North-East?) and departs with a memorable song (Father and Daughter).

6) This Old Road - Kris Kristofferson

Kristofferson has done nothing this good in years. His voice has softened, but he's still mixing political songs ('The Burden of Freedom', 'In the News') with more tender personal songs ('The Last Thing To Go' and 'Thank You For A Life') and it comes off to great effect. I don't know what it is but whenever Don Was produces an album for someone of Kristofferson's stature (as he did with Willie Nelson's 'Across The Borderline') something clicks, even if Was did produce most of Garth Brook's albums and Bob Dylan's 'Under The Red Sky' - he redeems himself by producing such works as this.

7) Workbench Songs - Guy Clark

Again, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't even know he had an album slated for release. I saw him play live a week after I bought this album too and I wasn't listening to the old Guy Clark stuff in the run up to seeing him. I was listening to his album with it's mixtures of whimsy, storytelling, beautifully crafted songs of all kinds - it's vintage Guy Clark.

8) We Shall Over Come - Bruce Springsteen

This works. It just does. Springsteen's energy mixed with old folk songs. Makes for good listening.

9) Personal File - Johnny Cash

Think American Recordings only with Johnny Cash is about 20 years younger and it's got two discs (albeit one of the discs is mostly spirtuals) it's still a powerful collection of songs. 'Virgie', 'I Wanted So' and 'Takes One To Know Me' close the first discs and they are the highlights of Personal File (with the exception of Cash introducing various songs on the album).

10)Living With War - Neil Young

To be honest, this makes the list because I happened to by 10 new albums this year and this was the 10th. It isn't my favourite Neil Young album ever (and it's nowhere near as good as 2005's 'Prairie Wind') but it has a few good songs.

I'm still going to post in this one, its more recent-er. So there!

No real order.

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, Thats What I'm Not

Seems so long ago, but its brilliant, hype or no hype.

Dirty Pretty Things - Waterloo To Anywhere

My favourite Libertine launches his new bands debut, and it contains all the quality of Carls songs from Up The Bracket. P.S. I was referring to Gary.

The Motorettes - The Motorettes

Superb poppy debut from another ace northern band. No airplay anywhere although I heard their cover of Springsteens I'm On Fire on a Nationwide goals roundup on Sky...

The Strokes - First Impressions of Earth

Largely forgotten, but a real change of sound, with some superb songs like Razorblade and Electricityscape.

Young Knives - Voices Of Animals and Men

Quirky, catchy, brilliant. I called the House of Lords a gayer once and he ran away.

Muse - Black Holes and Revelations

Speaks for itself but Knights of Cydonia is single of the year.

The Futureheads - News and Tributes

Maybe not as good as the first but still very good, apart from Return of the Berzerker which is poo. Yes/No and Cope help it though.

Mystery Jets - Making Dens

See Young Knives but more quirky, less calling the guitarist a gayer. Calling Henry 'Dennis' is always fun though.

The Kooks - Inside In/Inside Out

Sold bucketloads thus making it uncool to like, but in parts its the natural successor to I Should Coco. Eddies Gun is perfect and She Moves in Her Own Way is a great summer single.

Thats nine, and with the Long Blondes debut out tomorrow and the guarantee it will be ace, theres your ten.

Honourable mentions to Beck and Gnarls Barkley. I need to listen to those more often.

Yeah, I was going to point that out.

Transfer my post in a second.

EDIT:

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly "Chronicles Of A Bohemian Teenage" - Just an excellent slab of singer/songwriter styley music...catchy, good lyrically, the bloke has a good voice. I came into it expecting nothing, and I was really impressed.

In Flames "Come Clarity" - I'm an In Flames fanboy, but I'm also one of the ones who don't think their change in direction has hampered them that much. Come Clarity is a lot better than "Soundtrack To Your Escape", and is just (as I've said before with In Flames stuff) how I like my metal. It tails off a little towards the end, but thats kinda expected IMO due to the pace it sets off at.

Decapitated "Organic Hallucinogenisis" - Just superb, technical Polish death metal. The guys are just over 20, and they display amazing talent. They also have what I like, the ability to add some groove to their death metal.

Mastodon "Blood Mountain" - I mark for anything Mastodon do, and this album is no exception.

The Abominable Iron Sloth "The Abominable Iron Sloth" - I dunno if I'd consider this the best, or just more a personal favourite, but really good slugdy, stoner metal. I've grown to like that kinda stuff, and AIS just hit the spot.

I probably need more time with Muse "Black Holes And Revelations" and My Dying Bride "A Line Of Deathless Kings", but these two would be up there probably.

I'll add Billy Talent "II, which I forgot about.

Eh, I thought I remembered a topic like that but I only went back a few pages. Obviously these guys hadn't done it though, so whatever. Perhaps this topic can contain more reasoning and less just listing.

Quite a few people gave reasoning in the other topic :P

Edited by Liam Byrne

I've decided, at the end of this year I'm going to do a "YI Top 100". Why? Because I want to. I like nothing more than forcing my musical tastes onto others. And it's the first year...ever...that I've listened to well over 100 albums.

Edited by Steve Mandela

1) The Game - Doctor's Advocate

2) Tech N9ne - Everready: The Religion

3) Obie Trice - 2nd Rounds on Me

4) Three Days Grace - OneX

5) Lupe Fiasco - Lupe Fiasco

6) T.I. - King

7) Pillar - The Reckoning

8) Ludacris - Release Therapy

9) Busta Rhymes - The Big Bang

10)Breaking Benjamin - Phobia

11) Fat Joe - Me, Myself, and I

12) Skillet - Comatose

13) Lloyd Banks - Rotten Apple

14) Evans Blue - The Melody and Energetic Nature of Volume

15) Akon - Konvicted

16) Mobb Deep - Blood Money

17) Diddy - Press Play

Listed all the albums I have from this year on my ipod and rated them.. I'm mostly rap, so that's why the list... But CDs like 3DG and Breaking Benjamin were too good to ignore.

Guest Ringo Masterson

I've decided, at the end of this year I'm going to do a "YI Top 100". Why? Because I want to. I like nothing more than forcing my musical tastes onto others. And it's the first year...ever...that I've listened to well over 100 albums.

You bastard. I was doing 30 to show up SSTB, now I'll have to show you up >_>

Edited by Steve Mandela

Guest Ringo Masterson

I tried doing 50...but I had like 70 albums I'd wanted to put in the top 50. Granted I could have put down thsoe 70 in order and just psoted 50, but where's the fun in that? :shifty:

And yeah, "Islands" are fucking awesome. I think it was you that had them on your top 10 list anway, which caused me to check them out.

1. Gnarls Barkley – St. Elsewhere

2. Arctic Monkeys – Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not

3. Neko Case – Fox Confessor Brings The Flood

4. Sam Roberts – Chemical City

5. TV On the Radio – Return to Cookie Mountain

6. k-os – Atlantis

7. The Pipettes – We Are the Pipettes

8. John Mayer – Continuum

9. The Roots – Game Theory

10. Sunset Rubdown – Shut Up I Am Dreaming

Honorable Mentions: Sean Lennon – Friendly Fire, Destroyer – Destroyer’s Rubies, Islands – Return to the Sea, Lupe Fiasco – Food & Liquor

My rankings of the albums I bought this year:

01) Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell III: The Monster is Loose

02) Tool - 10,000 Days

03) Stone Sour - Come What(ever) May

04) Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage

05) Seether - One Cold Night

06) Lamb of God - Sacrament

07) The Raconteur's - Broken Boy Soldiers

08) Bic Runga - Birds

09) Arctic Monkeys - Whatever They Say I Am, Thats What I'm Not.

10) Hatebreed - Supremacy

11) Napalm Death - Smear Campaign

12) Breaking Benjamin - Phobia

Edited by Steaming Pile Of Shit

Guest Ringo Masterson

So after pulling out 238 albums I would consider as the best this year, I've narrowed it down to 100. No compilations or B-Sides are on here, which is the likes of Sufjan Stevens' Avalanche or Andy Partridge's Fuzzy Warbles didn't make it on. I'm also not editing this. It's long :shifty:. I may when I change it at the end of the year though. So without further ado, I give you:

Ringy 100 of L E TISTism

1.Islands – Return to the Sea

I’m the only person who seems to rate this album very highly. Sure, that one time I drove to Toronto with a friend on a sunny day while it blasted for about 5 hours, but it’s great nonetheless. I love everything, from the epic Unicorns homage “Swans (Life After Death)” to the awesomely catchy “Rough Gems” to the rapping in “Where There’s A Will There’s A Whalebone”. Just tremendous from start to finish and there’s no other thing to say. Melodic, pretentious and great.

2. Destroyer – Destroyer’s Rubies

I’m a Destroyer fanboy, but this record was pretty much as awesome as it gets. Everything flows well, Destroyer’s lyrics still make no sense (in that great way) and it’s just a generally great record.

3. Peter Bjorn and John – Writer’s Block

Swedish indie music that sounds like a cross between the Smiths and XTC, which makes them particularly delicious sounding.

4. I Love You But I’ve Chosen Darkness – Fear Is On Our Side

They sound like Joy Division but more upbeat. Kinda like New Order then, but darker. It’s strange but it’s awesome. Listen to this if you like Interpol.

5. k-os – Atlantis

Easily the best rap album of the year and k-os delivers some awesome tracks like Valhalla. Sure, he’s angry and bitter and preachy but that’s why we love him.

6.Sunset Rubdown – Shut Up I am Dreaming of A World Where Lovers Have Wings

The solo effort from the lead singer of Wolf Parade. It’s great, if only for the closing track (Shut Up I am Dreaming of A World Where Lovers Have Wings), where the final moments of the song are particularly amazing and have that epic-feel to them.

7. Shout Out Out Out Out – Not Saying/Just Saying

Canadians that sound like the Rapture and VHS or Beta musically and Daft Punk vocally, with just a touch of Jamiroquai. They’ve also got awesome song names like “Chicken Soup For The Fuck You”, and maybe it’s because I’ve been listening to them a lot lately, but they’re going high in the list.

8. Sean Lennon – Friendly Fire

I was expecting shit of celebrity album, but this is very good and melodic stuff. Only problem is that if you listen to it too much, you’re probably prone to kill yourself.

9. Thunderbirds Are Now! – Make History

Their third album, and it sounds like their best to me. Like a cross between the Rapture and Hot Heat Heat, but more punky. Awesome stuff.

10 The Decemberists – The Crane Wife

I don’t like this nearly as much as their last two efforts, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Some good stuff on this, like O Valencia.

11. Belle and Sebastian – The Life Pursuit

Sure, it’s not really as good as Tigermilk, If You’re Feeling Sinister or even Dear Catastrophe Waitress, but it was still a lot better than most stuff out there.

12. Swan Lake – Beast Moans

A collaboration featuring Destroyer, the lead singer from Wolf Parade, and the guy from Frog Eyes. It’s not nearly as awesome as it sounds, but it’s great nonetheless. Sounds more like Frog Eyes than any of the others though.

13. Boris – Pink

I like this. It’s heavy but it can still slip into the background when necessary. Good mellowishly heavy music.

14. Gnarls Barkley – St Elsewhere

No comment necessary. Catchy fun.

15. Final Fantasy – He Poos Cloud

When I first heard this, I thought it was pure shit. And then it really grew on me to the point where I think it’s pure awesome.

16. The Lovely Feathers – Hind Hind Legs

Yet another Canadian band that plays power pop. They’re fast, there’s the odd screams, and it’s still great.

17. Oh No! Oh My! – Oh No! Oh My!

Also grew on me with it’s never ending happy songs. The awesomeness of I Never Had A Sister makes everything great.

18. The Explosive Hearts – Shattered

Their second album. Not as good as the first, but still all sorts of awesome. Good Clash inspired stuff.

19. Fujiya & Miyagi – Transparent Things

Two kids from Brighton who think they’re Japanese and make fun indie. I liked it.

20. The Mountain Goats – Get Lonely

The Mountain Goats are always awesome, and this is no exception. I really liked this.

21. The Black Heart Procession – The Spell

Dark and melodic. Again, not something I’d listen to more than a few times unless I wanted to kill myself, but good for depressive music.

21. Beirut – Gulag Orkestar

This is one 19 year old guy who does for weird Russian music what Gogol Bordello did with klezme. He basically uses weird sounding Russian sounds and makes something that sounds a little bit like Neutral Milk Hotel. The end result is pretty cool.

22. Viva Voce – Get Yr Blood Sucked Out

This goes from weird alt. country to melodic indie rock, including the awesome “We Do Not Fuck Around”, which has been my theme song for most of autumn.

23. Suburban Kids With Biblical Names - #5

Indie music from Sweden that sounds like the bastard stepchild of the Magnetic Field. Awesome stuff.

24. Tap Tap – Lanzafame

Simple formula: The Arcade Fire + Clap Your Hands Say Yeah = Tap Tap. Some cool stuff in here.

25. Band of Horses – Everything All The Time

Melodic and grandiose stuff

26. Grizzly Bear – Yellow House

Weird sounding, and kinda emoey, but once you get used to it, it’s all sorts of awesome. Kinda like Sufjan Stevens but not as epic.

27. Sparklehorse – Dreamt For Light Years in the Belly of a Moutain

Very dark and very cool.

28. Tapes N’ Tapes – The Loon

Sort of what the Shins would sound like if they were more garagey. It’s really great.

29. You Say Party! We Say Die! – Hit The Floor!

Canadian band with a very unique punk-like sound. They sound like Be Your Own Pet but a lot better.

30. Love Is All – Nine Times That Same Song

Like the upbeat version of You Say Party! We Say Die!

31. The Clientele – Strange Geometry

Somewhat generic indie music, but it just sounds great nonetheless.

32. Mates of State – Bring It Back

Happy popish indie. Fun to listen to.

33. I’m From Barcelona – Let Me Introduce My Friends

Thirty-odd members of this band, and they make some great music for something this strange. Thoroughly enjoyable.

34. Cursive – Happy Hollow

Fugazi influenced indie.

35. Beach House – Beach House

Melodic and pretentious, but odd nonetheless. Fun to listen to.

36. iLIKETRAINS – THE iNDICTMENT

All caps because they’re pretentious. But yes, this is good mellow stuff.

37. Busdriver – Roadkillovercoat

The rapper in Islands. This is his new CD, and it’s pretty cool. Sounds like k-os of the first album variety.

38. Yo La Tengo – I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass

Fairly decent YLT effort. I prefer their other albums but this was still great.

39. Math And Physics Club – Math And Physics Club

A cross between singer-songwriter style music and indie. Enjoyable.

40. Pretty Girls Make Graves – Elan Vital

A lot like their previous record, but it made for a fun few listens

41. The Shout Out Louds – Howl Howl Gaff Gaff

Not to be confused with the Shout Out Out Out Out, these guys are Swedes that sound like the Strokes. The good Strokes. Not that last album shit.

42. The Flaming Lips – At War With Mystics

Nowhere as good as Yoshimi. Nowhere. But I liked this nonetheless.

43. The Pipettes – We Are the Pipettes

It’s catchy, it’s fun and I liked it.

44. Frida Hyvonen – Until Death

Pretty cool mellow indie from Sweden (where else?). The lyrics are kinda strange too, stuff like “you were rubbing your cock on my thigh” really hits you if you’re not noticing.

45. MSTRKRFT – The Looks

Dance album from the DFA1979 kids. It’s pretty cool.

46. The Thermals –The Body, The Blood, The Machine

Fun popy indie.

47. Tilly and the Wall – Bottoms of Barriels

Very similar to the first album, but fun nonetheless

48. Get Cape Wear Cape Fly – The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager

It’s nice and fun singer-songwriter stuff. Nothing mindblowing but cool anyways

49. French Kicks – Two Thousand

Strokes-style indie. Pretty good.

50. Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton – Knives Don’t Have Your Back

The chick from Metric’ solo album. It would probably be higher if I had listened to it more. For now, it was just fun.

51. Of Montreal – Satanic Twins

It seems like a recurring theme this year, but this album isn’t as good as their previous effort. Still better than most stuff out there though

52. The Essex Green – Cannibal Sea

Kinda psychedelic, kinda- New Pornographers like. All in all it was fun.

53. Forward Russia! – Give Me A Wall

Not something I’d listen to a lot, but it was great nonetheless.

54. The Artic Monkeys – Whatever You Say I Am, I’m Not

If you ignore the horrid hype, you’ve got fairly decent songs and a pretty good band

55. Dirty Pretty Things – Waterloo To Anywhere

Not as good as the Libertines but fun.

56. J-Dilla – Donuts

Sure he’s dead and this is kind of a posthumous compilation, but it’s also awesome. Great rap here.

57. Thom Yorke – The Eraser

Not as good as Radiohead but fun

58. Guillemots – Through The Windowpane

Everyone says I should listen to these more. I probably will but for now they’re still 45th.

59. The Rapture – Pieces of the People We Love

Nowhere near as good as the first album. But decent anyways

60. Robyn Hitchcock & The Venus Three – Ole Tarantula

If the whole album was as cool as Adventure Rocket Ship, this would be awesome. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Still cool though.

61. The 1900s – Plume Delivery

Chamber pop. It’s fun.

62. Albert Hammond Jr. – Yours To Keep

Solo album from one of the members of the Strokes. Solid stuff.

63. The Sword – Age of Winters

Heavy metal. Everyone tells me they suck. But I like them. There’s minimal screaming.

64. The Kooks – Inside In/Inside Out

Fun britpopish indie.

65. King Biscuit Time - Black Gold

I wish this was as good as the Beta Band. It reminds me of them, but not nearly as great.

66. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Show Your Bones

Not as good as the first, but okay.

67. Tokyo Police Club – A Lesson In Crime

Fun hard rocky indie.

68. TV on The Radio – Return to Cookie Moutain

I’m probably the only person that liked the first album more. This was good though.

69. Morrissey – Ringleaders of the Tormentors

Nowhere near as good as You Are The Quarry. Worth a few listens though.

70. Get Set Go – Ordinary World

It’s fun because it’s indie and yet there’s lots of anger in here. Die Motherfucker Die makes the whole CD awesome. In fact, if the whole CD was Die Motherfucker Die, it would be a lot higher

71. The Radio Dept – Pet Grief

Decent synth oriented stuff.

72. The Sounds of Animal Fighting – Lover, The Lord Has Left Us

Not my sort of thing, but I liked it nonetheless.

73. Feathers – Feathers

Fun chamber pop.

74. Sam Roberts – Chemical City

Cool little follow up to his first. Not nearly as good, but nice.

75. Lindstrom – It’s A Fidelity Affair

Disco punk and dance music. It was fun.

76 . KRS-One – Life

Old school rap style. Pretty good.

77. Tim Hecker – Harmoney in Ultraviolet

Nice background electro.

78. The Blow – Paper Television

I only listened to this once and really liked it. I think I’ll listen to it again and maybe move it up..

79. The Coup – Pick A Bigger Weapon

I liked this. It was kinda militant, but the beats were nice

80. Flying Canyon – Flying Canyon

Cool sounding indie. Kinda girly though.

81. Lupe Fiasco – Food & Liquor

Not my sort of thing but even I thought it was pretty cool.

82. Cold War Kids – Robbers & Cowards

Decent sounding stuff. I haven’t listened to it a lot, but I probably will given that it’s starting to pop up everywhere.

83. J-Dilla – The Shining

The other posthumous work. Cool as well.

84. Camera Obscura – Let’s Get Out of This Country

Not as good as their other albums in my opinion, but it’s still pretty cool.

85. Figurines – Skeleton

Danish indie pop. Pretty cool

86. The Octopus Project/Black Moth Super Rainbow – The House of Apples & Eyeballs

These two bands joined up for an awesome instrumental and it’s really good. Like Broken Social Scene on acid.

87. yourcodenameismilo – Print Is Dead

Fun little collection of various tracks.

88 Ginger Ale – Daggers Drawn

Not really anything of note to say. Just a cool record.

89 Man Man - Six Demon Bag

Good stuff that sounds a lot like Tom Waits.

90. Kill The Young – Kill The Young

Violent and fun.

91. The Long Blondes – Someone To Drive You Home

They’re fun .Very feminist, but I had the freaking Pipettes on this so it doesn’t matter.

92. My Latest Novel – Wolves

Another album that it took me a while to grow accustomed to. It’s pretty cool and mellow in the long run.

93. The Roots – Game Theory

Nowhere near as good as previous efforts, but I liked it.

94. Muse – Black Holes and Revelations

Maybe I’ve just grown out of the Muse phase, but this record didn’t have nearly the same impact on me as Origins of Symmetry and Absolution. Still a good record though.

95. Peter and the Wolf – Lightness

Really mellow, really cool. Good stuff

96. Billy Talent – II

Not my sort of thing, but I liked it. The first few songs were unbelievably solid.

97. Evaline - Postpartum Modesty: A Portrait Of Skin

This is pretty good, even though it’s absolutely not my thing. Emo, but still good.

98. Lupen Crook – Accidents Occur While Sleeping

Good singer-songwriter stuff.

99. Animal Collective – Hollinndagain

Nowhere near the awesomeness of Here Comes The Indian, but I liked it anyways.

100. Kite Flying Society – Where Is The Glow?

I really liked this record. Of course, it was waaaay too happy and mellow, but it was fun.

Edited by Ringo Masterson