Old MLS

Green Demon

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone needs to throughly explain the transfer system, month-by-month, so that I can finally play in the MLS on FM. <_<

I don't know about the transfer system, but there's a salary cap.

Key Player is replaced with Designated Player, this player can have whatever salary you can afford (Beckham and the like) and have no bearing to your salary cap. The combined salary of all your other players must stay under this cap.

Drafting players is sort of like if there weren't any Youth Academies in England and they took every decent young english player and threw them into a pool. The worst record gets the first pick and so on, these can be traded.

Uh I don't know about the rest.

Just for the record a designated player does count for $400,000 of the teams salary cap.

And back when i was 13 i played a game in the ontario cup against Andrea Lombardo and i'm embarrassed to say that he managed to put 4 past us in a 6-1 drubbing.

• Admin
Someone needs to throughly explain the transfer system, month-by-month, so that I can finally play in the MLS on FM. <_<

I don't know about the transfer system, but there's a salary cap.

Key Player is replaced with Designated Player, this player can have whatever salary you can afford (Beckham and the like) and have no bearing to your salary cap. The combined salary of all your other players must stay under this cap.

Drafting players is sort of like if there weren't any Youth Academies in England and they took every decent young english player and threw them into a pool. The worst record gets the first pick and so on, these can be traded.

Uh I don't know about the rest.

How overly complica-oh it's American.

You were high on acid, Andrea has never scored a goal in his life.

It truly is one of my great shames in life.

But in fairness when everyone on my team was a mean 5 foot nothing and he was damn near 6 feet like he is now, any crosses into the box were mere tap ins.

But not as shit as Galaxy though. I love hearing FSC announcers trying to put Donovan over as anything more than a penalty taker. Andrea Lombardo has better finish. Also the announcers trying to make excuses for a team with no defense and an overrated front line was hilarious. :lmao:

Gotta love the excuses the Fox Soccer Channel announcers were cooking up for Donovan and Beckham, too. "Well they've been playing in these friendlies so obviously they're jetlagged" "That penalty took their momentum away" "it's obviously just this awful altitude". No, it's obviously that Donovan can't hit a target unless he's taking a penalty, Ruiz isn't a team player, Beckham has yet to properly adapt to the MLS and they have no defense whatsoever. Oh who am I kidding, my excuse for TFC is that "at least they weren't as bad as Galaxy Saturday".

I dunno, to me the lack of a solid attacking midfielder is still painfully obvious. They had a couple decent crosses from just outside the box and I liked the new, more assertive Jim Brennan, but they need somebody to replace RoB's quality service last year. Let's not forget the scoring troubles this team had when O'Brien was hurt, and now we can't count on him to return and bail us out. If Musampa had signed we might have been fine, and if Amado Guevara does we probably will, but until then we have this huge weakness.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Henry go over to the MLS eventually. He would definitely be marketable in the states but I can't see it happening just yet. Unlike Beckham, he really has got a few years left in him at the very top.

Edited by Animal Mother