Old MLS

Green Demon

Well since there wasnt a thread about the MLS I decided to make one with some of the news that has recently came about in the MLS.

Houston Dynamos Win MLS Cup

I must say that I wasnt able to catch the whole game but this really was a good game that went into double OT and had the two goals at the backend of the 2nd OT that were scored only abit over 1 minute apart. Game went to PK's and Houston pulled out the Win the first year after relocating from San Jose.

MLS approves "Beckham Rule"

This really is pretty big news for the MLS, this keeps in place the salary cap sorta, but it will allow teams to be able to go out and get the big name players if they so choose. This is be called the Beckham rule since there are a couple of teams that are looking to make a bid for Beckham when he becomes avalible and this new rule makes it possible for them to get the big name players. Hopefully teams put this to good use and go out and get some highly talented players to for one thing improve the league and hopefully get the league more popular.

MLS launches youth development initiative

Yet another step which can hopefully improve the quality of American soccer with the league wide set up of youth development/teams. In the past this is where I really thought that the MLS was lacking in having any sort of youth activity, this may help keep any of the talent that the US has stay in the US more often then not by bringing up the players up with the teams.

All this has happened in the past week too, so hopefully there is other big news to talk about in this offseason for the MLS and hopefully some big player signings.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ringo Masterson

I watched the game after I noticed that it went into extra time (or overtime, as the shitcunts put it) and it was very good, the two goals within a minute of each was crazy FM style stuff. Penalty shootouts are always pure shit in the MLS though, as they really don't know how to take them. The players just go really low, soft and barely to the right or left of the keeper.

Anyways, despite the Canadians that play for the Dynamo, I was rooting for the NER, purely because they had one of the best chants I've ever heard a few years ago, to the tune of Earth Angel:

New England!

New England!

We're not as good,

As the old England

But at least we don't have

Heskey up front

'Cause he never scores.

At all.

Clearly one of the awesomest chants ever.

I watched the game after I noticed that it went into extra time (or overtime, as the shitcunts put it) and it was very good, the two goals within a minute of each was crazy FM style stuff. Penalty shootouts are always pure shit in the MLS though, as they really don't know how to take them. The players just go really low, soft and barely to the right or left of the keeper.

Anyways, despite the Canadians that play for the Dynamo, I was rooting for the NER, purely because they had one of the best chants I've ever heard a few years ago, to the tune of Earth Angel:

New England!

New England!

We're not as good,

As the old England

Heskey up front

'Cause he never scores.

At all.

New England!

New England!

We're not as good,

As the old England

Heskey up front

'Cause he never scores.

At all.

I concur.

New England!

New England!

We're not as good,

As the old England

Heskey up front

'Cause he never scores.

At all.

One of the best text messages ever too.

Guest Ringo Masterson

Of course, MLS fans can also be racist, as when there was the first SoCal derby and the LA Galaxy sang (to the tune of Blue Monday)

How does it feel,

To be a worthless spic,

Tell me, how does it feel

To know your mom turns tricks.

There's more but I don't remember it. I also laughed but I also felt horrible >_>

Guest Ringo Masterson

Adu was one of those Essien like players who claimed over and over that they loved Man Utd and when Chelsea sniffed around them, changed their tune. I don't really blame them for wanting to play for big clubs, but it's still pretty funny.

But from what I've seen of him, De Guzman > Adu as far as North American wonderkids go.

another professional sports championshiop for a team from Texas ..... ahhhh I love it ....

shitty though for Mr. Twellman ... first the world cup heartbreak, and then what seemed to be redemption, only to have Mr. Ching take it away ....

Glad to see that the MLS is doing something right for a change, and actually seems to be 'trying' ..... Hopefully things continue to go forward

Guest Ringo Masterson

Toronto FC is said to have agreed a deal with 3 more Canadian players with rumours persisting about DeRo leaving Houston for Toronto. It would be odd, because he's probably their best player IMO, but whatever. Mind you, he's also being linked with Fulham and Reading byt the North American press so who knows >_>.

The Canadian press is also creating all sorts of faggy rumours about Toronto FC trying to attract Nedved or Figo to MLS because of the new outstanding player law, I hope this sort of siht doesn't continue.