The Ashes

Zaz

Let the Aussies have there fun while it lasts. They have waited over a year for this moment.

Hopefully Bell's quality will shine through whilst Jones and Flintoff put on that 100 partnership we were talking about, preferably in about 7 hours or so :D

Edited by L.C.S

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it'll be downto Captain Fantastic with the bat too then.

Much as I enjoyed it - This was frowny.

I love Australia dishing a spanking almost as much as I do a good game. Things look bad this time around as far as a good games go - but maybe next time in to bat.

Guest Tequilla Rockin' Bird

Oh dear, Oh dear. This is awful. Sadly I was right, I can't see us winning a single test. We're shit at everything it's so depressing.

Edited by Tequilla Rockin' Bird

Guest Tequilla Rockin' Bird

I haven't watched cricket in ages, but this looks like the series to get into. Fuck losing the Ashes, that's a disgrace to the country!

Flintoff gone after three balls!

Haha, awesome.

Ack. This is ridiculous. We're batting like were were 6 years ago when we didn't have a clue and our bowling is pathetic.

And Ponting was exactly right not to froce follow on. Now they're out of sight and we can get draw at BEST and will have to last most of 2 days against Warne on a crumbling pitch....

And on MSM last night I said to Dan we'd be out for 157 when we were on 78 for 5.

It would be great for Cook and Collingwood to get alot of runs in the next innings, set them up for the rest of the series. Freddie needs some runs too, but i can't see us surviving for two days. We came back from one down before, we can do it again. That is, if our bowlers actually realise that bowling short isn't the right thing to do.

Edited by L.C.S

Freddie and KP shouldn't of even been given out..

freddie got unlucky. Its the first time i've seen Lee not called when he should have been - normally when the umpires mess up a noball on him he gets called when he shouldnt have been

but im sorry - to the naked eye, KP was plumb. playing back, shuffling across, hits him on the back pad? i'm giving that out to any batsman in the world.

EDIT: Also, to be fair - that's the only two things that the umpires have gotten wrong, they've been really good otherwise.

Edited by Plubby

I want to see some fucking passion from this lot only one or two guys want it. I just saw Brett Lee get Freddie out and look at his passion his drive. Guys like Harmsion don't have that at the moment, Anderson just bowls short and crap, and guys like Cook and Pieterson have gone missing, just poor.