The Ashes

Zaz

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the biggest Monty fan, and I want him to play every game, but Giles didn't have a bad Ashes series. I can see where they are coming from, picking Giles even if i don't agree. Maybe i would be more inclined to go with Giles if he had been playing, but he hasn't even played for a year, so it does seem a little odd, form wise. But we'll see i guess.

The only reason Giles is in the side is because with Monty, the tail would have started at seven or eight (depending on Geraint's form). Silly decision, though. You need to take twenty wickets, and thirty runs is not as important as what Monty could bring.

Clark playing means two similar bowlers in Clark and McGrath. Not happy to see Johnson as 12th Man.

The first ball of the Ashes is so wide Andrew Flintoff takes it at second slip. The next ball goes down the leg side, shocking. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come from Harmy. During the last ashes the first two balls were corkers and set our stall out for the rest of the ashes, if this is the case here we are in trouble

Meh. Harmison seems to be a bit out of it, and Anderson doesn't seem to be fairing much better.

I still think we should employ The England-Rugby-Union-Dull-And-Dreary-But-Grinds-Out-Results tactics.

So, play just to stay. Fuck scoring. lol. I'd take a 0-0 draw overall - God that'd piss the Aussies off somewhat. :D