Biggest disappointments of the year

livid

So yeah, what were the albums, songs, etc. that you had high hopes for that just fell flat and didn't really do anything for you?

For me, "IV" by Godsmack was a real big let down. It just doesn't have the same sound that Godsmack is known for. I'm all for changing sounds, etc., but I dunno, something just didn't seem right with the album.

"Sam's Town" by The Killers was also a disappointment for me. Not on the same level, but I expected a little more.

The only album I've really been disappointed with is Falling Away by Crossfade. I love the first album, one of my all-time favorites. But the new CD is pure shit. The only song I enjoyed was Invincible.

Nothing else has seriously let me down so far this year.

Game's Doctor's Advocate, The Documentary was pretty good but DA was really bad.. had like 4 good songs and the rest of it sucked, so hard.

Stadium Arcadium was a huge letdown for me. After "Dani California" was first released, I was so stoked for the new record and it turned out to be the same thing we've been getting from the Chili Peppers since Californication.

Evanescence's new album The Open Door is good, but it just didn't hit me like Fallen did. Not to mention there's no other stand out singles on it besides "Call Me When You're Sober."

And Wolfmother's album isn't as great as I expected it to be after first hearing "Woman."

I disagree Zero, I thought Wolfmother's album's weakest track was Woman. I love that CD.

Sadly, 1,000 Years by Tool dissapointed me the most due to my high expectations. I still like it but my hopes were so high for it I just felt let down.

Trivium's 'The Crusade' was a real disappointment for me. I was so stoked for The Crusade after hearing Detonation (which was one of the only good songs on the album). But in the end they let me down. Ascendancy was a bajillon times better than The Crusade, and it wasn't just the screams. Ascendancy actually had memorable songs (Like Light To The Flies, A Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation, etc.) while the same could not be said for The Crusade. I have retained no songs from that album besides Ignition and Detonation, and those two are only average.

Sadly, 1,000 Years by Tool dissapointed me the most due to my high expectations. I still like it but my hopes were so high for it I just felt let down.

Yeah, that's my only real music dissapointment. It was good, but I've not really got into it like thier other albums.