Megadeth v. Metallica

Nerf

EDIT: Heh, for some reason the poll didn't work. It was asking which is the better song out of Mechanix and The Four Horsemen.

Which is the better of the two songs? This is a topic for those who know their metal feuds, and is based on an opinion. No arguements please. :) For me, it's Mechanix. No, not just because it's about sex in a garage, I just prefere it to Metallica's Four Horsemen. I'd love to hear what you think of the two bands as a whole, and about their rivalry. I would have had this conversation on youtube but all their users are either LOL METALLICA WINZ DEY R BEST MEGADEF SUK or MEGADETH FTW~! so I'd like to think EWB is more intelligent than that.

Edited by Nerf.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta go with Four Horsemen on this one, it was just a much much more structured song, with a much better sound to it. I couldn't give two craps about the politics behind the songs at all.

But in terms of overall, I'll go with Megadeth everytime (except live performances), Countdown to Extinction and Rust in Peace are two of my all time favorites.

Eventhough I'm a huge Metallica fan, fanclub member, etc. I consider Megadeth one of my favorite bands ever as well.

That said Four Horsemen destroys The Mechanix. The lyrics for Mechanix are retarded, and Mustaine has an ability to take the greatest riffs and stutter them or muddle them and make them sound like shit. There's actually a video, or at least there was, on YouTube where the guy plays the same riff the Metallica way, then the Megadeth way. It was hilarious. Anyway, I choose Metallica on this one.

In fact, I pick Metallica in every case, and every Megadeth song with Metallica-esque riffs sucks to me. To I love me some Megadeth as well.

Eventhough I'm a huge Metallica fan, fanclub member, etc. I consider Megadeth one of my favorite bands ever as well.

That said Four Horsemen destroys The Mechanix. The lyrics for Mechanix are retarded, and Mustaine has an ability to take the greatest riffs and stutter them or muddle them and make them sound like shit. There's actually a video, or at least there was, on YouTube where the guy plays the same riff the Metallica way, then the Megadeth way. It was hilarious. Anyway, I choose Metallica on this one.

In fact, I pick Metallica in every case, and every Megadeth song with Metallica-esque riffs sucks to me. To I love me some Megadeth as well.

Fuck making a choice here, I think both bands are totally awesome. Each have put out some horrible stuff, and each has some amazing stuff that goes beyond being a must hear for rock fans and have become songs that everyone knows.

Megadeth is by far the superior band, and Mustaine's vocals are far better than Hetfield's. Hetfield's vocals are one of the biggest reasons why Metallica isn't my favorite band (the other being that they can be pretty hit and miss).

However, when asking about just these two songs, I give the nod to Metallica.

Slayer and Anthrax are both quality as well. I use to lean to Slayer out of the four, but now I am more of an Anthrax/Mega guy.

For Jouzy:

Peace Sells

In My Darkest Hour

A Toute Le Monde

Return To The Hangar

Rust In Peace... Polaris

Take No Prisoners

Killing is My Business

Skin O' My Teeth

Hangar 18

Angry Again

Die Dead Enough

Countdown to Extinction

That should be a good start.

Edited by That One Guy

Megadeth is by far the superior band, and Mustaine's vocals are far better than Hetfield's. Hetfield's vocals are one of the biggest reasons why Metallica isn't my favorite band (the other being that they can be pretty hit and miss).

However, when asking about just these two songs, I give the nod to Metallica.

Slayer and Anthrax are both quality as well. I use to lean to Slayer out of the four, but now I am more of an Anthrax/Mega guy.

I think we're the only people that will choose Megadeth. I love 'em, Metallica doesn't even compare for me.