Discworld 2: Missing Presumed..?

TeemuFoundation

Anyone familiar with the game? Has anyone got it working on Windows XP with a newer computer? I recently found my DW CDs and have been trying to get the game working since then, but to no avail. I love the game and I'd give my right foot right now if I could get to play it, while waiting for TEW 2k7. Discuss.

Discworld Noir was great. I'm surprised no other detective games like that exist (to my knowledge), because it seems fairly obvious. It's just a completely different style to the previous two, which makes sense, as the Discworld series itself had long since moved well in that direction.

Discworld Noir was great. I'm surprised no other detective games like that exist (to my knowledge), because it seems fairly obvious. It's just a completely different style to the previous two, which makes sense, as the Discworld series itself had long since moved well in that direction.

I wholeheartedly concur, I loved Noir. The only thing I didn't like about it was Vimes' voice was nothing like I imagine, but they made up for it by having a near-perfect Nobby.

On the proper topic, was Discworld 2 the one with the Dragon, based off "Guards Guards", or was that the first one? Because thats the one I've played >_>

Discworld 1 was loosely based on Guards! Guards!, Discworld 2 loosely based on Reaper Man.

Vimes was all-round terrible in Discworld Noir, you're right. Didn't look or sound right AT ALL. Nobby was perfect, though. Death Of Rats actually squeaking annoyed me...I'm sure he's meant to say SQUEAK rather than just squeak.

Death of Rats had an altogether too-small a role in Noir, but yeah. I've always assumes he says the word SQUEAK as well.

You've got me thinking about it and wanting to play all over again >_> Detritus, if I remember right, was fucking funny as well. Noir was awesome. Get Noir instead, Teemu >_>

I got it working. Install it, Right click-->properties-->click the tab on the far right-->run in Windows 98/2000 mode

Problem solved.

Dang it. That didn't work for me. I've tried everything... I have DosBox and it works with that in theory. But then again, in theory, communism works.

I'll be in it. Lots. Posting photos of my signed copy of the Discworld Companion.

:(

Well uh...I have the animated screenplay version of Wyrd Sisters on DVD! It's not signed by him, but it stars Christopher Lee! I'm also hoping you don't have that already >_>

You were proof-reading when you were 13?

And, yeah, pretty much as Kaney said, it would be far more impressive if I hadn't owned all of those books since the day they came out >_>