Old School Video Games

DMN in the House

A really different, but still fun game for the SNES was E.V.O.

I remember renting this game when I was younger, and then not taking it back for like a month because I was enjoying it so much. I don't even necessarily believe in evolution :P...but I enjoyed the game anyways.

Unique concept and story even in this day and age.

The only thing is, looking back, it might have been some kind of propaganda-type game where they put it out to convince young people of evolution vs the biblical creation. But that doesn't matter to me :P..it's just plain fun.

Comix Zone is still a motherfucker. I just got the Sega Genesis Collection for PS2 and Comix Zone is on there and it still kicks my ass.

My SNES went on the fritz when I pulled it out of storage last year and I bought a new one on eBay just so I could play Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Some other forgotten gems include the Road Rash series on Genesis, Bubble Bobble for the NES, Shadowrun for SNES and Genesis (two separate games), Renegade for the NES (although this one may not have aged well, I just have fond memories), Burger Time for NES, Commando for NES, Duck Tales for NES, I could go on for hours but that's just a handful off the top of my head.

It should be noted that Comix Zone is not on the American version of the Sonic Collection.

I remember Duck Tales being the first game I ever beat, I was pretty young at the time but I rented that game almost on a weekly basis.