The Transfer Thread

Guest Ringmaster

Guest 1-2-Ringo!

Yeah, we always have one of these, and it hasn't popped up yet, and we're starting to have transfers to discuss, so I'm making it.

Spurs have signed Adel Taarabt on long-term loan from Lens. I've seen him play for about 30 minutes and I was impressed, with the right tutelage he should be great.

Spurs have also signed Ben Alnwick from Sunderland and shipped off Fulop to Sunderland, which I don't really know how it'll work out.

US reports also indicated Fulham is waiting a permit to be given to Deuce, which is awesome for no reason other than Clint Dempsey is a straight up OG :shifty:

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Akinbiyi is off to Burnley for less than half of what we paid for him less than a year ago, and after he's done sweet fuck all for the club in his pointless stint as a Blade. Great bit of business there.

It's fake. I've seen numerous things like that over the last few days including a David Beckham and David Villa one. If you go back on that site you'll also come across Djemba-Djemba. So, unless Fergie has signed DJ x2. :@

Edited by Lost Soul

Leeds have signed Matt Heath and Robbie Elliott on short term deals, and have signed some Portugese defender on loan called Sa. We're also linked with Steve Kabba, Dean Morgan from Luton and Tore Andre Flo. On the other hand I'm expecting us to do a swap deal with Kilgallon going to Sheffield United with Morgan going the other way

Wigan, Watford, West Ham and Everton are all interested in signing David Healy as well

I've seen that Chelsea have been linked with a whole list of centre backs including Sol Campbell and Matty Upson from Birmingham. Micah Richards is the favorite to go, probably with SWP going back to Man City. Kalou and Boularhouz will probably go in January if Mourinhos comments are anything to go by

Beattie is rumoured to be off to Newcastle if they fail to get Peter Crouch. Everton would then replace him with Nugent or Healy, and they are also favorites to get Barry Ferguson on loan

Villa have been linked with Defoe and Robbie Keane for a while, and I reckon Keane will go there in January

West Ham are today linked on Sky Sports to resign John Hartson to help them out of the relegation battle, as is Nigel Quashie

Wigan want to resign Nathan Ellington from West Brom, and Robert Earnshaw could be a possible target for some Premiership clubs including Newcastle

Billy Sharp could be set to link back up with his former manager Brian Laws at Scunthorpe, but Wolves, Derby and Sunderland are all reportedly interested in him

Heard them from various sites, but not sure which ones to believe (other than who Leeds have actually signed)

Guest 1-2-Ringo!

Keano's not going to Villa, Defoe's more likely, and I don't think he's going either. I'm sure one of them will eventually get fed up with being benched, but for now they're both staying put.

Chis Coleman is trying to turn Fulham into team USA apparently, as he's now signed Ooch.

About Leeds, they're also set to sign Tresor Kandol permanently from Barnet within the next few days, according to reports. Some while ago Tottenham were linked with David Healy, I doubt that interest still remains though. Liverpool were reportedly interested in Matt Killgallon in the summer and I heard whispers they could still be interested. And one to take with a huge pinch of salt would be that Chelsea are also interested in 'The Killer', though I imagine that's just a rumour. There was someone else supposed to be coming into the whites that I heard at the Hull game a week or so back, but for the life of me I can't think who it was.

Poyet and Wise might also re-register as players, or so they said in a radio interview, but it seemed tongue in cheek, thought it'd be worth mentioning anyway.

EDIT: Oh and isn't that Portugese international supposed to be a permanent deal, though only for 6 months? Or did I misunderstand the situation? Also there was a rumour we might get ANOTHER keeper which would - if he played - make his our 4th goalie to play this year. <_<

Edited by - Matt -

Guest 1-2-Ringo!

Zenit St. Petersbourg is trying to sign Barry Ferguson and reunite him with Dick Advocaat. Guy'll probably look like some breed between Roy Keane and Frank Lampard over there :shifty:. Well at least until he faces CSKA and Spartak.

FERGUSON FOR RUSSIA! >_>

Latest rumour on the radio is Henry to Liverpool. :rolleyes:

Sadly not the worse I've heard today, the satellite radio program was saying Gerrard to the Los Angeles Galaxy, because he apparently wants to live in a Beverly Hills or West LA mansion.

Well, I started to read your post and thought "how the fuck could you come with worse". And then, you managed it with ease. America.

Guest 1-2-Ringo!

The transfer window is being treated funnily in the MLS, because with the Beckham rule, people seem to be honestly expecting a Ronaldinho or a Gerrard to pack up his bags and play for some low-level team of amateurs >_>

Not that MLS doesn't amuse me, but this is all pretty funny. Because the NER really want Peter Crouch too :shifty: