The Transfer Thread

Guest Ringmaster

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest President Ringiah Bartlet

I don't really get it either. Not that they're bad (except Bocanegra >_>) but could he have some pressure on him to tap into the American market or something? Fulham really is turning into Team USA now.

I don't really get it either. Not that they're bad (except Bocanegra >_>) but could he have some pressure on him to tap into the American market or something? Fulham really is turning into Team USA now.
Edited by figos

I dunno...it could be a good idea though, as the US market is big, and the more US players we have, the more fans we potentially get from the US. Win win, if they are good.

Yep, I can see it now. All the US fans are walking around in 'soccer' shirts, but it's not a Chelsea shirt with Lampard on the back or a United shirt with Rooney or even a Real Madrid shirt with Ronaldo...it's a Fulham shirt...with Ian Pearce's name proudly displayed on the back.

Dream on, son ;)

Not implausible, Leeds United still hold a huge fanbase in Scandinavia for relatively no reason, so why a premier league club couldn't hold an overseas fan base when they have a lot of their players (something Leeds didn't really have) isn't too absurd.

In other news, Alan Thompson is coming to United with him just needing a medical before he joins. And we're supposed to be talking to John Worthington the Huddersfield (captain?) player.

I dunno...it could be a good idea though, as the US market is big, and the more US players we have, the more fans we potentially get from the US. Win win, if they are good.

Yep, I can see it now. All the US fans are walking around in 'soccer' shirts, but it's not a Chelsea shirt with Lampard on the back or a United shirt with Rooney or even a Real Madrid shirt with Ronaldo...it's a Fulham shirt...with Ian Pearce's name proudly displayed on the back.

Dream on, son ;)

I think the fact the Leeds United phone in is called "Bremner or Brolin" with Bremner being good and Brolin being bad says enough about Mr. Thomas Brolin. I mean, there's Alf Inge-Haaland and Eirik Bakke too, but I'd hardly say they were pivotal in Leeds dominating the Scandinavian market. Besides it's not even Sweden (I've probably just made an ass out of myself there, because I'm not entirely sure Brolin was Swedish now I think about it <_<) we're particularly popular in, it's Norway, Denmark and Finland, or so I gather.